• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
snake does quite well in 2 v 1's actually, he has a lot of crowd clearing moves, kills early and survives a long time.
grenade countering in 2 v 1's is what really lets snake compete though.

Browny

Smash Hater
Nah man. Believe me, ive tried snake 2vs1 at least... 6 times in FFA tourneys. it used to work well (where people gang up on me :p), until people started using pikachu a lot lol. Once you get off the stage, youre gonna take like 30%+, if not get spiked/KO'd directly

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
is that all of the players that are going solo?
Yeah, so basically.

One player from this list:
Browny
Eagle
W150
Pokemon Legend

VS

Two players from this list:
Everyone else that enters

I'm liking this. Considering Jamie and I are the best players that aren't going solo, I might have a chance of winning this. If we are in the doubles part of the tournament are we allowed to choose who our partner is? If so I think you and I should go together Jamage, it will be awesome.

Browny

Smash Hater
no chance in hell.

People good enough to go solo
Me
Ant
Dave
Hybrid
Eagle
Pokemon_Legend
Jamage
James
W150
Aisuka
Krill
Blue

are all players who should go solo imo. i would say whitey/chirpin/david/ash/kerri but i havent really seen them play enough. Ive had my fair share of 2vs1 matches lol and it might as well be the equivalent of 3-stocking everyone who isnt going solo. The tier difference isnt that big an issue, characters like ike and lucas are low tier but they will rack up ridiculous damage fast and KO early, no amount of tier discrepancy will help the solo player lol

maybe... if you made it 4 or 3 stocks solo vs 2 each for the team, i think thats a better idea.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Blue + Jamie would be hard to beat :p
That's the point :laugh:

no chance in hell.
Aww D:

Me
Ant
Dave
Hybrid
Eagle
Pokemon_Legend
Jamage
James
W150
Aisuka
Krill
Blue

are all players who should go solo imo. i would say whitey/chirpin/david/ash/kerri but i havent really seen them play enough. Ive had my fair share of 2vs1 matches lol and it might as well be the equivalent of 3-stocking everyone who isnt going solo. The tier difference isnt that big an issue, characters like ike and lucas are low tier but they will rack up ridiculous damage fast and KO early, no amount of tier discrepancy will help the solo player lol

maybe... if you made it 4 or 3 stocks solo vs 2 each for the team, i think thats a better idea.
Sounds good, I guess.

And man.. I haven't played at all since last LAN, I better practice. I have this weird urge to main Ike after last LAN for some reason... But I'll still use Ness plenty.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Me
Ant
Dave
Hybrid
Eagle
Pokemon_Legend
Jamage
James
W150
Aisuka
Krill
Blue
We need to atleast have a challenge, i say remove krill, aisuka, blue, W150 and maybe pokemon_legend.
It's always more exciting when ur put up against the ropes, instead of just owning the 2 players. Remember they can only use low tier, which will make players such as krill or pokemon legend easier to face.

I have vrsed 2 lvl 9 Metaknights' as snake and won, sure human players can do things Cpu's can't but try vs a lvl 9 MK, it isn't easy for many characters.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
We need to atleast have a challenge, i say remove krill, aisuka, blue, W150 and maybe pokemon_legend.
It's always more exciting when ur put up against the ropes, instead of just owning the 2 players. Remember they can only use low tier, which will make players such as krill or pokemon legend easier to face.

I have vrsed 2 lvl 9 Metaknights' as snake and won, sure human players can do things Cpu's can't but try vs a lvl 9 MK, it isn't easy for many characters.
Okay first of all you're probably judging me off that match when I played you and used Marth, yes I know it was terrible. But I realize that I fail with Marth now lol, and I hadn't played Brawl for like 2 months because my Wii was broken then suddenly I'm playing you. I'm normally a lot better than that. Not trying to john or anything but... yeah.

Also W150 is really good, I think he should be single.

As DJB said tiers don't really matter when it's two on one...

And I've beaten two level nine MK's with Ike... CPUs play nothing like Humans do.

Ant1

Smash Ace
ok ant your not getting rid of me ok I can beat W150 so come on new snake ok
Yes but who did u beat him with? Falco most definitely. And Falco, going by what i've seen is ur only 'good' character. (i've never seen u play another character) Without Falco u will only have low tiers to use, and that will make u a lot easier to face in a 2v1 situation.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
well not really spam I use his Utilt a few times mostly to kill and Ftilt would be most spamed even know I don't spam W150 snakes mortor slide is so cool I can probably beat DJB (in my dreams) but I WANT TO BE IN SOLO NOWAY AM I TEAMING WITH MY LITTLE BROTHER OR OLDER BROTHER OK TO GOOD FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Browny

Smash Hater
Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules
1v1
3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items Off
Double elimination with semi and grand finals to be best of 3

2v2
Same as 1v1 but with team damage set to ON

Stages set to random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Corneria (melee)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Delfino Plaza (D)

Counterpick Stages (for semi and grand finals 'best of series')
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium
Mario Circuit (D)
Green Greens (D)
Shadow Moses Island (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)
Time to fix this imo... seeing how outdated it is lol

All rounds are best out of 3. Grand finals are best out of 3 sets, where if the two met prior to the grand finals, that set win is already included.

and for a stage list im thinking...

Stages set to random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counter-Pick
Delfino Plaza (D)
Jungle Japes
Castle Seige
Pokemon Stadium 1
Norfair
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow cruise
Battleship Halberd
Green Greens (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)

Basically, PS1 has irritated me to the point im going to outright ban in at the start of every set, thats how much I am sick of its stupid walls, ledges and edges. However in its place Delfino could possibly take the place. Lylat is considered non-neutral coz of the way it affects certain recoveries and camping abilities but i think that anything lylat does bad, PS1 does it worse. Maybe move one of those 2 to CP but fine by me...

Removed some dumb stages from CP like shadow moses and mansion because they just too heavily change the outcome of the match depending on who can abuse the actual stage more. Added generic CP's like rainbow cruise and Orpheon

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
I hate green hill zone because when I was falco I used the illusion and as soon as I go a hole comes then I die and lose

btw PS1 is good but against fox(desert eagle) when it gets on fire stage I get stuck on a side of a tree and fox spams his shine and rallys my damage then get a Usmash to kill

btw again whoever played JAA he will probably not come to any smash comps ok
oh and good luck to people that are going to this smash comp good luck in 1v1, 2v2, 1v2 and that crazy controller thing GOOD LUCK

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
PS1 should be a counter-pick stage.

Also make Delfino Plaza a counter-pick stage. It's always picked by random and it's a annoying stage.

PS good luck everyone! :p

200th post!!!!!!

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
lol I was so happy about becoming a smash journeyman 100 posts how much to smash apprentice?

also do doubles have to be low tier?
Post Count Titles
Smash n00b ~ 0-24 posts
Smash Child ~ 25-99 posts
Smash Journeyman ~ 100-499 posts
Smash Apprentice ~ 500-999 posts
Smash Lord ~ 1,000-2,499 posts
Smash Master ~ 2,500 or more posts

and if you mean the 2v1 comp yes you have to use low tier chars other then that no.

You have 199 posts W150... Not 200.

Lol fail.
Mod o-0 lol

Ant1

Smash Ace
Jamage can u contact xTwlightDawnx? U know the pro GH player. I need to check if he's still gonna come. On SG forum he said he should be able to, but that was like 2-3 weeks ago.

Top Bottom