• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

SethT

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, no can do for me. Lady friend confirmed for tomoz.

Womenz > Smash.

From good ol Reception to Year 11, Teeball, Basketball, from 5 years of field hockey, to a **** load of tennis (still going), then to soccer (four years) and some footy thrown in along the way.

Played state Soccer and Field Hockey.

First year i've not played a sport :|

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
Slalom skiing, cricket and footy for awhile.
Made district teams of footy and cricket and was captain of footy team.
But now im just doing fencing.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Not going today. Still hungover.

And to continue this sport history thing, I played baseball in the early years, basketball from year 6 to 7 and tennis to a bit before present.

Also, you're a ****ing fancy pants, Luneth. Mr. fencing and chess. ;)

zApollo

Smash Ace
SG 14-05-2011 Results

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Doubles

1: SA Johns (Apollo [Marth/Snake/MK] & Nova [Snake/MK])*
2: Sylnt-GG (Ghostbone [MK] & Grim Tuesday [MK])* Disqualified
3: Sex Offenders (Eric [Ike] & W150 [Ganondorf/Olimar])
4: Unfortunately for Jamage (Jamage & Techa)
5: Computer Knows Best (Angel & LV9 CPU)
5: Babes of Jumbo Scandal (Ant & Gears)

*SA Johns had beaten Sylnt-GG in a tournament set earlier in the bracket and a member of the match left early so it counts as a forfeit.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Singles

1: Apollo (Zero Suit Samus/Luigi)
2: Ant (Snake)
3: Ghost (Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Luigi)
4: NovaDORF (Ganondorf, Zelda)
5: W150 (Olimar, Falco) Disqualified
5: GrimKNIGHT (MK)
7: Eric
7: Techa
9: Gears
9: Angel
9: Jamage

Super Smash Bros Melee - Singles

1: Eric (Roy, Pikachu) *
2: Ghost (Fox, Peach) **
3: Apollo (Sheik) ***
4: GrimKNIGHT (Falco)
5: Nova (Marth, Peach, Ganondorf)
5: Jamage (Captain Falcon, Fox)
7: Ant
7: Techa
9: Angel
9: Gears

*Eric came first and selected numbers 17, 15, and 18 - he picked 18 which is paid Return Flights to the Major in Melboure later this year (BAM).
**Ghost came second and selected numbers 7 and 14 - he picked 7, but due to time constraints was unable to fufil the situation, so he won a GameCube control instead.
***Apollo came third and selected number 22, which is a Christmas Santa Pen.

SethT

Smash Ace
why was W150 dq'd? had to leave or?

****Apollo came third and selected number 22, which is a Christmas Santa Pen.

Must say, Jealous.

Splice

Smash Hero
-----------------|)==

It's a sword.

Luneth, I hope this helps.
Now you can beat Ted.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'm mad

Apollo shouldn't have lost to Ant

I would have gotten to play Ant in LF

:/

Oh and Jamage you might want to update the OP to fit the proper Melee rules.
/Currently stages like Jungle Japes, Corneria and Green Greens are listed as legal....

Ant1

Smash Ace
unpredictable snake, well i've heard that one before.

my hitting myself with my own c4's put apollo of his game.

My snake is random coz i forget i can camp with grenades, when i remember i play campy, then i stop doing it coz i get lazy lol. Other than that i don't know what i do that's random. Those f-smashes were accidents

Splice

Smash Hero
@Image-Dump:
ROB Penetration
And GaW Rage Quit
were the best

You ****** kirby was terrible.
You terrible person.
:'C

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Controller johns. And Ant, Nova pressed random on tio for our team username. :p

To the person who moved my controller; let me know next time. :mad:

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I was thinking of hosting a smash meet probably next weekend 28th or 29/5 depends if there is nothing else on that weekend. If there isnt would saturday or sunday be better for everyone.

SethT

Smash Ace
Eagle, need you on LoL assaaaaaap for team practice etc. Need to get his last guy shenanigans sorted out :3

keen on the meet.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Apollo, I did a Splice-esque review of your match against Ghost.

0:29 - Never Fsmash when it isn't safe.

0:35 - Some better tech-chase options here (your bair let him escape a potential combo):
1. Wave-land onto the platform > shield-grab.
2. Nair > combo.
3. Uair > combo.
4. Up Tilt > combo.
5. Dair > combo.

0:42 - Learn to crouch-cancel > grab (first hit)/down smash (if he uses the second hit) Fox's jab on reaction.

0:45 - Learn what percentages dash attack will knock the opponent down, Ghost could've punished that (Note: I'm not saying to never use it unless it will knock-down).

General Thought - Dash-dance and wave-dance a lot more when you can, it makes it harder to predict what you'll do.

1:24 - Wut.

1:30 - WUT.

General Thought - You panic > spot dodge way too often, it's punishable. Just holding up your shield is safer against a Fox like Ghost (he doesn't pressure shields very well). Against Eric, myself or interstate players who are better at shield pressure: Look for ways to reset the situation by jumping/wave-dashing/attacking.

1:58 - Not aggressive enough. Sheik has a very easy time edge-guarding Fox on Battlefield. You could have crouch-cancel > down smash'd his Fire Fox or waited until he was falling and used a fair or Ftilt > fair.

2:06 > 2:11 - You didn't throw out any attacks to cover your descent to the platforms and then to the ground. Ghost could have punished you very hard by being more aggressive. Practice wave-landing to move around faster and don't forget to space Ftilts and fairs when it's safe. Don't be afraid to camp either.*

2:15 - Same situation as above (1:58).

2:33 - Punishable dash-attack again. Try using dash-grabs instead in those situations.

2:35 - If you let Fox's Fsmash hit your shield, you could've short-hopped/wave-dashed out and punished him. Instead, you reset positions.

2:40 - Either get into a position where you can sweet-spot the bair, or use a different move.

General Thought - You don't use Nair nearly enough as you should. Because it is a sex kick, it can be used as a fast momentum-breaker, a combo move or a KO move. Watch how Amsah and Mew2King use it.

2:47 - These are the kinds of situations you should be using Fsmash in.

There isn't much point doing the rest of the set, because I'd just be repeating myself. In summary: Nair more, be less aggressive, dash-dance/wave-dance/wave-land more, learn which options to use in which situations and be less predictable over-all.

Top Bottom