• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
I must have played way too much gears, I found both of them too easy on insane.
what you saying don't tell lies no wait have you ever finished a halo on legendary lol i've tryed halo 2 & 1 on legendary they are pretty hard but me and one of my mums friends sons we completed halo 2 it is just because halo 3 has a bad campaign compared to halo 1 & 2

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek 9.04 April Lan Report

PC Overall Winners
1st: Anykey - 38 points
2nd: Tobbygnome - 34
3rd: Hellfire - 27
4th: Dr Frag - 25
5th: Ravenge - 14
6th: Naked Gamer - 13

Tetrinet
1st: Dr Frag
2nd: Zzt
3rd: Caddy
4th: Marchos

Counter Strike Source
1st: Hellfire
2nd: Tobbygnome
3rd: Anykey
4rh: Showie

Timeshift
1st: Tobbygnome
2nd: Marchos
3rd: Hellfire
4th: Anykey

Supreme Commander
1st: Naked Gamer
2nd: Hellfire
3rd: Tobbygnome
4th: Chino

Halo Destuction Derby
1st: Anykey
2nd: ravenge
3rd: Hellfire
4th: Big Reidy

UT 2004
2nd: TKK
3rd: Tobbygnome
4th: Naked Gamer

Call of Duty 4
2nd: Tobbygnome
3rd: Jtz100
4th: ajhutton

Warcraft 3 Tower Defense
1st: Dr Frag
2nd: Ravenge
3rd: Brid
4th: prosthetichead

Ultimate Consoler

Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
1st - Desert Eagle (Fox/DK)
2nd - Ant (Wolf/Snake)
3rd - Metanova (Olimar/Wolf)
4th - W150 (Olimar/Snake)
5th - DJBrowny (Sonic/Lucario)
5th - Jamage (Wolf)
7th - Ruinz (Diddy)
7th - Apollo (ZSS)
9th: - Pokemon_legend (Fox/Snake)
10th: JamesP (Marth)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2v2
1st: DJB & Ant
2nd: Aisuka & Pokemon Legend
3rd: Jamage & Groove Master General
3rd: Desert Eagle & W150
5th: Ruinz & David S
5th: Lazarusx & Anykey
5th: Zac & Slay3r

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2v1
Did not finish due to tournament stucture. Had some funs games though

Wii Sports Golf
1st: Target -3
2nd: Rasberry -1
2nd: Aisuka -1
4th: Lazarusx - even
4th: Anykey - even
6th: Jamage +1
6th: Slay3r +1
8th: David s +5

Halo 3 FFA
1st: Jamage
2nd: Ant
3rd: Blue Bomber
4th: Aisuka
5th: Tranceformer1
6th: David s
7th: Shadowman
8th: Chirpin

Gears of War 2 4v4
1st: Ant, Naked Gamer, Blood Monkey and Aoi
2nd: Jamage, Aisuka, Pokemon Legend and David s
3rd: Desert Eagle, Blue Bomber, Slay3r and Shadowman
4th: Chirpin, Anykey, Lazarusx and Ruinz

Mariokart Wii
1st: Ben the Kitty
2nd: Aisuka
3rd: Rasberry
4th: Shadowman
5th: Anykey
5th: Lazarusx
7th: Jamage
7th: Zac

Frisbeemark
1st: Anthrox
2nd: Dromae
3rd: Dr Frag
4th: Groove Master General

More photos can be found here: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/Sg Lan April 09/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins and our sponsors for making another great Lan.

Next Lan: May 8th
www.streetgeek.com.au

Last edited:

Ant1

Smash Ace
Wow i came 2nd. Luckily in gears i had the Naked Gamer guy.
On the last game, he died and he was usin the ghost cam to look for u guys and he told me where u where lawl, and with a boomshot it was pretty easy.

And 'Screen cheating' is a skill Pokemon legend.

All i had to do was take out u Jamage and its basically over.

Just got 15 song win streak achievement in GH III. Does that chris guy have an xbox live gamertag?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I just play alot of games, and played way too much gears over live with some really good players, I've finished all 3 halo's on legendary and they're not too bad although I did die alot.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Halo 3 is hard for all the levels up to the flood levels. The flood are too easy to kill, except for those god**** ones that shoot carbine rounds at u, the ones that hang on walls. They just DON'T DIE!!

Needler usually sorts them out though.

On legendary i didn't skip any packs of enemies i beat them all.
Try i think it's Tsavo Highway, and try killing every enemy.

That is by far the hardest thing in the game.
There's a part where there is like 30 brutes, some with jetpacks and atleast 2 with fuel rod guns. It took me sooo long to kill em all. + There is a wraith that comes.
It involved me waiting with a carbine in a hole, for the jetpack brutes to come i would kill most of the off. Then i made a break for it to open land away from all the enemies. And took them out very slowly. It took me around 40 minutes to kill all of the enemies and pass the checkpoint. All that's available is like a carbine and a sniper.
God**** fuel rod brute firing 5 rounds every second u pop ur head out as well as being shot at by the wraith.

And then there the part titled 'wraiths and choppers' which is nearly equally as hard.

Ant1

Smash Ace
My highest skill in Halo 3 is 32. All from playing lone wolves :) It's pretty easy to come in the top half of the games, although i dropped down to 29 i recently got up to 30 and im pretty sure im near 31.

The hardest FPS campaign ever is Timesplitters 2 on the gamecube.
On the easy difficulty it's too easy, on normal it's quite difficult and on hard its impossible.
I got past like 1 level in it JUST!
There is some secret item u can get if u can get to like the 10th level but that is impossible.
Even in co-op mode its really really really hard.

Although i was probably like 13 when i played it, it might be a bit easier now but i doubt it.
And the little challenge mission in that game are rediculously hard to platinum rank on.

lol i should bring it to next lan and see if anyone can beat a level on the hard difficulty. U could probably have a comp for it. Whoever passes a level wins!

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
You guys should try Halo 3 on Mythic difficulty. It's when you play on Legendary but you put all of the skulls to on. It makes it ****ing insane. If you die once you have to restart the whole level over again.

According to Bungie.net only 13 people in the world have done it;

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21182116
http://admin.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21182116&postRepeater1-p=201

1) Pahat Pojat
2) I The Tyrant I
3) StaroceanZero
4) VincentKurayama
5) DarkDEVASTAT10N
6) XPox
7) ODST Panda
8) Gazas
9) Deck Gumby
10) B0ANERGES
11) AuraSoldier313
12) xKristoVx
13) towelie54

AuraSoldier313 is from Australia too, he's actually a pretty good friend of mine.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I havnt played any of the timespitters series so I wouldn't know, but I reckon call of duty 4's campaign is the hardest I've ever played, espically playing it on 360.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
Wow i came 2nd. Luckily in gears i had the Naked Gamer guy.
On the last game, he died and he was usin the ghost cam to look for u guys and he told me where u where lawl, and with a boomshot it was pretty easy.

And 'Screen cheating' is a skill Pokemon legend.

All i had to do was take out u Jamage and its basically over.

Just got 15 song win streak achievement in GH III. Does that chris guy have an xbox live gamertag?
It is not a skill it is CHEATING!!!! Jamage basically killed most on GoW 2 even his team he killed his own team lol

Here is a vid of a Streetgeek Halo comp where the top 4 players were all over 40 skill level and I came 2nd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj2h4p8-G70&feature=related

Finished all 3 Halo's on legendary, Gears 2 on Insane, QoS on 007 mode, Halo Wars on Legendary, The Darkness on Hard and Re5 on Pro mode.
Jamage WOW that is amasing

Ant1

Smash Ace
If we do oddball again can u plz not make it that construct level. That level should be banned for oddball. U can just get the ball, drop down to the bottom level and take the lift back up and repeat. It's very hard to catch people and isn't really fair.

Browny

Smash Hater
So...

where abouts do people live here in SA. gotta do some of those 'smash-meet' things. I did one with kaeser a while back and used to do them for 4 hours every week after uni on friday, its good fun :)

Me and ant are on the north-east side of adelaide. i know aisuka and silverwolf and some others live up this side as well. hopefully if people live near enough to each other we could sort something out...

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Jamage do you think we will need any extra copies of any games this time? I can bring my copy of Halo 3 and maybe Gears 2 if we need them.
Yes definatly.

Ant, Oddball Construct has been used in MLG. Its just as fair for everyone. Will probly have something different next lan.

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
So...

where abouts do people live here in SA. gotta do some of those 'smash-meet' things. I did one with kaeser a while back and used to do them for 4 hours every week after uni on friday, its good fun :)

Me and ant are on the north-east side of adelaide. i know aisuka and silverwolf and some others live up this side as well. hopefully if people live near enough to each other we could sort something out...
I live at west lakes :( but i would be happy to go every weekend

Eagle

Smash Lord
I live around Brighton! Close to where Nintendo held that Brawl tournament where it was 4 player free-for-all with all items on. :p

Browny

Smash Hater
thats about as helpful as... nothing :p

lol doesnt matter coz i know where abouts you are anyway

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
It says I live right by where Streetgeek is held. To be exact im in St Marys which is next to Pasadena ,Edwardstown and Daw Park.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Actually instead of just bringing some games, I'm going to bring a TV and my Xbox 360 + All my games and controllers.

Is that okay with you Jamage? Will there be any room to set it up?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Actually instead of just bringing some games, I'm going to bring a TV and my Xbox 360 + All my games and controllers.

Is that okay with you Jamage? Will there be any room to set it up?
That will be awesome and there will be space if I have to make space :)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek Newsletter

StreetGeek 09.05

Celebrating 50 StreetGeek LANs!

Formal LAN!
Start: 7pm Friday May 8th
Finish: 9pm Saturday MAy 9th
560 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park
http://www.streetgeek.com.au

Suit up this weekend!
To celebrate an epic streak of 50 of the most awesome LANs known to mankind over the past 4 years, StreetGeek 09.05 is a Formal LAN. Suit up to be eligible for an awesome door prize!
StreetGeek 09.04

SagaFest July 12th

You've probably seen this mysterious placard floating around various sites:

Well, very soon we'll be seeing a massive gathering of Lanners from across the state for an epic LAN on the weekend of July 12th. The event is being run by an independent group composed of volunteers from the committees of a number of different LAN groups around SA. The website will be live this Friday May 8th, and tickets should be available in a few weeks time.
Developers express Confidence
A new StreetGeek website is coming! Any day now! An ungodly lovechild born out of an alliance between devs from the ranks of StreetGeek and IgniteLAN. Wait for it... wait for it... wait... It's almost here...

New networking gear is coming!
We've been putting in a huge fundraising effort over the past few months to purchase a new fully managed L3 backbone switch. We need about $6k, and as you can see we're just over half way there. Soon those annoying network glitches will be a thing of the past.

Bottle Drive
As a further fundraising effort, we're having a bottle drive at 09.06. If you'd like to help us out, bring along any empty cans or bottles, and chuck them in the trailer that we'll have handy. We hope to raise $400 towards the switch at the Bottle Drive.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Hmm i dunno if i can come as well as djb. Jamage and W150 u better beat desert eagle!
He only beat me coz i was drowsy and had taken 2 panadols. lol jons.
Like i played MK and ididn't even use tornado, i just wanted it to be over quickly.

Anyway, sadface at there not being a GH tourney. lol i could host it if i went, it would just be me and W150 trying to beat chris/ruinz. I know how to beat him, just play surfing with the alien lol.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I would enter a GH comp. Although I haven't played in like 3 months so I'm gonna be **** at it, and I wasn't even that good to begin with. Lol.

I also haven't played Brawl since last Lan, so don't expect anything good. >_>

Eagle

Smash Lord
Jamage and W150 u better beat desert eagle!
He only beat me coz i was drowsy and had taken 2 panadols. lol jons.
Pa-lease, I am undefeatable. ;)

Besides, sure I beat you when you were doped up, but what about that time before that? You know, when I knocked you into the losers brackets. :)

And yes, Josh, I will win my money back.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Pa-lease, I am undefeatable. ;)

Besides, sure I beat you when you were doped up, but what about that time before that? You know, when I knocked you into the losers brackets. :)

And yes, Josh, I will win my money back.
That was because wolf recovery sucks and i died at 10%. Anyway i 3 stocked ur fox at 74% and i shall never forget it!

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
sorry i wont be able to come to this LAN because i have a party on sat an sun :/ i'll beat everyone next LAN. Also i got brawl+ and texture hacks working :p we could have a brawl+ tourney.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Still at the lan and it 7am and no sleep. I Almost beat Eagle, should have won the 1st game and damm you Wolf and your SD's. Post results and more soon.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
ok i'm not sure about the 1st 2nd 3rd thing is this right or not

1st .desert eagle (fox,DK)
2nd .Apollo (ZSS)
3rd .Pokemon_legend (metaknight,fox)
4th .Jamage (wolf)
5th .Ruinz (diddy kong)
5th .2 sxc dave (marth)
7th .David s (toon link)
7th .Rassberry (sonic)
9th .Shadow man (zelda,toon link)
9th .whitey (not sure) or Blue bomber (ness, cap. falcon)

not sure if that is right plz tell me if wrong

Top Bottom