• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I do play Falco, and I don't really camp with him.
I only did against Jaice, because I CBFed the game at that point and just gave up.
Actually I gave up after playing J-Birds.
He's the only person I enjoy playing, and I don't know why. XD

GG to SD.
Play ICs more, I'm not good against them. =]
Too much experience with Marth and Falco and Fox and Peach and Falcon and so on.

... I'll try get better with Falcon so with grand finals whoever is there can Falcon ditto.
Yah huh.

Edit:

Oh, and, thanks guys. <3

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Shoutouts later, but thanks for the tourney guys. Wish I didn't have to freak out there about exams and stuff, but I really really enjoyed it.
The atmosphere there was just great and everyone was really nice =D
Big thanks to Antho =)

Loved playing brawl with the perth/syd guys, congrats Ted for beasting me and what a **** team we make <3

You Sydney guys are awesome melee players, wish I could have played more! Anyway, back to study =D

Edit: 2g Kas for carrying me

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll do a writeup/post results later.

50 people for brawl singles meant a pot of $400+ dollars for that event, meaning Shaya took home quite a slice. If any of you guys are wondering how that pot is possible from just a $5 entry fee, LanSmash matched me $5 for every Unique individual that came at some point over the weekend for smash, and there were 63 people over Melee/Brawl.

There was a formula on how I split the money over both games which came down to $5 going to Brawl or Melee if that person entered only Brawl or Melee or that $5 was split between both if they entered both.

I'll post exact figures later. Point is 1st place Brawl came to $200+

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
shoutouts!

anthony... thanks for a great tournament! soz that i couldnt stay for crews (if they happened). good job in the tournament as well. wish i got that mm with you. just not enough time =[

Rob - wow, only played 2 games with you. neither were particularaly good =\ you better not be busy all the time between now and christmas, i'm gonna try and get some rob friendlies in =D good work in bracket, you raepppppp

scott - thanks for bringing back my melee! also sucks i didn't get any matches against you. i was gonna show you my awesome anti-jiggs fox skills, and counterpick you marth on corneria XP (yeah, i taught hugh that trick). hope you did well in sf4 as well

bryce - nice teaming with you =D even though we didn't get as far as we expected =\ you ***** pretty hard in bracket even if your tech was off. too bad you didn't get top 3, maybe next time ;) STANDING LAZOR rofl i used standing laser so much in my tourny matches, just sit on one side of FD and spam that B button. get in their heads and all ;)

kas - geez kas you're so bayud at this gaem. congratz on winning etc etc give me moniez >=D

i'll continue later, SO DON'T FEEL LEFT OUT IF I HAVEN'T MENTIONED YOU YET

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Holy crap, I just realized I can live stream videos of my phone haha, awesome. Should've live streamed finals =P

Check it out guys

http://qik.com/Hotdogo

Whenever I stream them they save automatically I'm guessing... tell me how it looks.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
omg thats pretty good hotdogs ^_^
great tourny, ill shout out later.... and i will this time not like last time or the time before that.
kas is so broken, so bad at smaush he should go elsewhere maybe the beat and rub glitter all over his body and go to the bathroom. congratzzz

Sloth

Smash Ace
Roy ditto's count in pride. So sadly my pride has been destroyed.
I SHALL SEEEK MY REVENGE ON YOU MOOOOOOOOOOSE FOWARD SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH To COUNTERRRRR

You watch yourself!

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Why chudat is better than you:

I did that to Kaion's D3 muahahahaha! That move would be do-able with D3 as well yes?

Anyways Shout outs will come later, I think Vyse is gonna make another thread for Results + shout outs? we'll see.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ROOOOY COUNTER
pokefloats CP ftw
**** YOU SQUIRTLE
**** YOU CHANSEY
Epic set

What's the difference between Santa and Tiger Woods? Santa stops at 3 ho's
BOOMSHAKALACKA, hes on fire

**** forgot photos, unreon and vyse must have some >.<

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
that tournament was so awesome. Man I was hella nervous against kas and S.D. ahaha. Amazing fun though.

Shoutouts will come soon :) even though nobody cares about shoutouts from me ahaha.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i have 4 videos (would have had more, but some people didn't want to be recorded/i was playing matches when ppl started to use the tv i was recording on and i couldn't start recording in time). i've uploaded two already, i'm waiting on brackets before i upload the other two because i'm not sure when in the bracket they were. http://www.youtube.com/user/thedifinitive that's my channel, they'll be there.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
I was still kinda shaken from my previous match and it was my first commentary. I dunno why i kept thinking he was uber lol. we dont use those names much though so thatmay be it.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
a few tips on commentary: don't just say what the player is doing. they can see it's a good bair/fair/whatever you need to be saying what each player should be doing next/how that'll affect the match. also, waveshine is NEVER what gives fox the advantage in a matchup, it's a very very very small part of his game. i guess commentating gets easier as you start to learn what needs to happen in the matchups. so don't give up, and don't feel like this is a personal attack of me saying "lol you suck" just giving some friendly advice to make it more fun for you and everybody else =]

EDIT: also if you're not really familiar with your gamer tags, then just drop them =] we're all friendly here and use each others real names most of the time anyway.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i know i failed about the fox thing lol, i was slapping myself in the face after i said it. Thanks for the advice :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
You don't learn commentating.

You just spout random **** and stupid one liners and suddenly you're the best commentator there is.

WOMBO COMBO.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It would seem the Streaming "record" feature only recorded 9? seconds of one match... I dont know what happened there...

So the majority of stuff was for the streams eyes only,
which has its ups and downs in many terms,
for one, live and streaming made it possible for there to be amazing hype and enjoyment from not just the people at the tournament but also those sitting at home and watching it.
So for what can not really be repeated through watching the recordings at a later time, those who missed out will miss out forever :'(.

However, the livestream boasted numbers of up to 40 people at it's prime I believe. Even if the number of registered/talking viewers were at the most 10? it seemed a lot of people were watching anyway.

TBH theres a ****ton of brawl recordings that are with Vyse that I wish would have been streamed to the masses rather than recorded. I do have a bit of stuff still on me from day two but not sure how much and of what.

Let's hope all tournaments can have streaming as a staple. I'm pretty sure SQUAT was Australia's first tournament to do it, and the response was quite positive.

S.D

Smash Master
i have 4 videos (would have had more, but some people didn't want to be recorded/i was playing matches when ppl started to use the tv i was recording on and i couldn't start recording in time). i've uploaded two already, i'm waiting on brackets before i upload the other two because i'm not sure when in the bracket they were. http://www.youtube.com/user/thedifinitive that's my channel, they'll be there.
Thanks for doing some recording man, this sort of thing is always appreciated, sorry if I came off as rude when I was about to play Jason, I was just in a funk and wanting to hook in and blast my way through losers :p

@ Shaya: I was a big advocate for the livestream system, I think it was an extremely positive addition that should be pursued for future majors. The system could use a little tweaking though, I think it would be best to ensure there is always someone at the helm on the mic and laptop keeping people up to date, and we should ensure it isn't people who drive the viewers insane as well. We need to figure out a way to stream and record at the same time, but I guess we can only do what we can do... Anyway, things to think about - great job as always with all your efforts.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i think recording and streaming could go a really long way in future tournaments. with several recording setups we could get all of winners and losers from quarters and up and still be finished in decent time. also the people who are sitting at home because of work/out of state (i would love to see some nsw/melbourne smash when i'm just sitting around doing nothing) can keep up with how everybody is doing and hype even while not being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom