• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rutgers Maylay (Change of Venue)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
12/30​
3-Man Crew Battles?​

• 95 JOYCE KILMER AVENUE, Piscataway, NJ, 08854

If you're brave you can park at the nearest lot, behind the apartment. Typically, Rutgers doesn't ticket on weekends.
    Otherwise there's a residential area (Redbud Rd) where you can park without having to walk too far.

IF YOU GET LOST OR NEED TO BE LET IN, TEXT/CALL 917-414-9975. THAT'S SIMON. HE LIVES THERE AND IS THE MAN.

Entry
  • No Venue Fee
  • Singles: $10.00
  • Doubles: $5.00 per player
  • Doors open at 12:00
  • Singles bracket starts at 3:27
  • Doubles and other side events start after the singles bracket finishes
  • (Project M)
  • (Draft Crews)
  • (Falcon Only)
  • (Low Tiers Only)
Rules
General
  • 4 Stocks
  • 8 Minutes
  • Items off
  • Sets are best of 3, finals best of 5
  • Players strike neutrals one at a time to determine the stage for the first match
  • Winner of the previous game in a set bans one stage
  • Loser of the previous game in a set picks any legal, nonbanned stage
  • Winner picks character
  • Loser picks character
  • Repeat
  • No player can counterpick a stage that he or she has previously won on
  • Gentleman's Clause: A player may play on a non-legal stage if both players agree to it
  • No Wobbling or stalling. However, Mewtwo's "Soul Breaker" is both legal and encouraged
  • Unlawful pausing is punished depending on individual circumstances. Generally, 1st:loss of fresh stock. 2nd:loss of game. 3rd:loss of set
Neutrals
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams
Counterpicks
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Jank
  • Anyone killed by a falcon punch in tournament must pause the game and do eleven push-ups before resuming play. (At the discretion of the falcon)
  • If the loser of a set refuses to give daps or shake hands, any witness may call "Salt." If this occurs, the loser must eat one pretzel prior to playing any further games
  • Instead of counterpicking stage, the loser of a match can select the same stage and counterpick the opponents chair, replacing it with any chair in the room
  • You may challenge any player 400 ELO above you (ssbpd.com) to a $1 MM at no expense. The higher ELO player cannot refuse unless he/she has a tournament match to play

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
1729 :33333

I say this probably too often for my own good but I really hope I can make it out. I just really wanna play since school is ****** me :(

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
hrmm... project M $2 side event? i just got it, looks pretty cool

___
ALSO, i could conceivably have a smash til dawn every day between the 22nd and zenith..... =P (or like a really low cost mock tournament)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
updated the op. forgot to mention that the venue is gonna be open til i feel like going to sleep, so there's a good chance a lot of these side events will take place. assume that entry fee for everything not labeled is between $2 and $5, and bring food/money for food.
i have 4-5 TVs and 2 setups, so setups would be nice.(obviously bring tvs too if it's not a problem) free soda for anyone who brings a setup =3

Cometkaze

Smash Rookie
Lmao, I thought the third jank was that you get to Counter pick your opponents character, then I realized it said chair. LOOL

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
cool, this should be sweet. added jank #4 in case tec0 actually comes LOL :p

also it's suppose to be like 80 degrees tomorrow, so i'll prolly open up my garage too to double the space since the turnout looks strong

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
im sure someone would be willing to pick you up from the new brunswick train station(10 minutes from my house)

(post up if you're willing to do that)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
LOL =P

if anyone sees this though and would be willing to pick tec0 up if he does end up going via train station, please post up. it's literally 10 minutes and i'm sure he'd be willing to do teams with you lol

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
uhh i'll probably host more sooner or later, but i still have fests like every week.

i don't post them on here, but if you're interested add "smellsworth catsington" on facebook or try to join the "central nj smash" group on facebook

Deathknight

Smash Ace
You would host this on a weekend I already have plans. I've been waiting like 2 years for a low tier tourny and it's on a weekend I'm busy :(

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
slox- im not sure if youre trolling or not, but if you aren't can you link me the new tier list? and if you are come enter with pika and take our money

deathknight- i was waiting for you to post. lmao. that zelda is pretty legit

uhh theftz this is more like a fest than a tourny, so if you can only go to one i'd say do pyros

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
GAH SMELLYCAT WHY. i just had to be busy, my link would have wrecked ****. Hope you host another one, and if we play, im banning everything that isnt Mute city and Poke Floats

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
yo smashboards, the rutgers crew is gonna start hosting tournaments once things get settled. expect no venue and good times to come

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol. no venue? So we playin in the mean streets of somerset?

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha i meant venue fee. there are a ton of perfect lobby rooms with tables/chairs and outlets just chilling 24/7

Top Bottom