• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
IMDB.com is reporting that the voice actor for Leon S. Kennedy is voicing Leon in Brawl!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

Darrn you CAPCOM!!! No Megaman, but Leon who was not voted for in Japan OR America!? This may be the last time I ever by a Capcom product.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
IMDB.com is reporting that the voice actor for Leon S. Kennedy is voicing Leon in Brawl!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

Darrn you CAPCOM!!! No Megaman, but Leon who was not voted for in Japan OR America!? This may be the last time I ever by a Capcom product.
I remember once that it reported that 50 Cent would be voicing Epona. IMDB can be edited by anyone, it means nothing.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon."

That's definitely fake. First off, Blastoise and Zapdos are returning, and Sakurai already had an update with returning pokemon. Second, there's no reason to include Combusken when they could go with Blaziken. I also doubt that Vaporeon would be in now since he's not a new Pokemon(in other words, if Sakurai liked Vaporeon he'd probably have been in the first SSB)

Oh, and just out of curiosity, has Sakurai ever actually SAID no guns in SSB?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Almighty goat seems the most legit. I was scares to read his list of AT.....thank GOD Isaac wasn't on it.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Topic it came from

I'm posting it here so it can be kept as a log in case the thread I posted gets closed and so we have what was posted to know for sure that if it does become true, we can all laugh at ourselves. But, again, this isn't true until it is on the DOJO!! so, take it with a grain of salt.

this is fake.

The people at SM forums haven't even heard of this news.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
that almightygoat sure is taking this pretty far. It seems like he's just throwing stuff out there and seeing what will stick. On the plus side, though, he should either be vindicated or exposed relatively quickly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"The third 3rd partys characters level is from the same series, but not from the same game he's in.

Doesn't this disprove Megaman being the 3rd one, seeing as he has appeared in all games in his series?"

No it does not, it actually would confirm him, there are 4 different Megamans. There is Megaman, Megaman X, Rockman Dash, and Megaman.EXE. So he is saying the character and the level are from the same series, but not the same game he is in.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
thealmightygoat does sound quite intriguing and actually makes sense

- Luigi being decloned alot? I guess Sakurai is doing something bout the clones.

- Well, the At's he's shown off are kinda off....Tamagon? We have Devil.....Poo? we have Duster and Kumatora as AT's why a 3rd one?

-AT's being important to SSE...highly doubtful

-One of the cut characters is important to the SSE....uhm, yea it'll prolly be Pichu LOL

it's kinda hard to believe him either about these things but, y'know i could be wrong, he could be wrong who knows

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So this guy is secretly confirming Megaman as the third 3rd party PC, but says there is one more that is so shocking he does not even know who he is!

Earthworm Jim!?! :laugh: :eek:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Topic it came from

I'm posting it here so it can be kept as a log in case the thread I posted gets closed and so we have what was posted to know for sure that if it does become true, we can all laugh at ourselves. But, again, this isn't true until it is on the DOJO!! so, take it with a grain of salt.
Ew. Don't get me wrong--I'm happy for Ness fans (if this is true). But Claus would be SO much better to have as a playable character! I cannot think of one reason--save seniority--that Ness would be a better choice than Claus. This is kind of upsetting (if it's true), but pretty believable. :ohwell:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think this guy is the real deal, since he has leaked stuff beforehand. And since what he says is not to obvious and not to extraordinary, it seems very legit. Luigi's Mansion, Goron Mountain, and Kaptain K.Rool's ship all make sense since they were all voted for. He secretly incineuetes Megaman as the third 3rd party PC, saying he is an obvious character most people will not be suprised to see, but yet some will be. And that the stage that is this characters level is from the same series, but not the game he comes in; since there are 4 different Megaman it could be anyone of them, and the stage could come from a different Megaman game series. This third 3rd party PC will be announced not this week, but next week; this will prove his legitimacy or not. All in all sounds good to me.

Megaman. (Who is not 100% deconfirmed, just so you know)
Three new stages which are Luigis Mansion, Goron Mountain, and Kaptain K.Rool. Ship.
Most levels returning from previous Smashes will have graphical updates.
Skull Kid, Professor Oak, Trace, Kiddy Kong and Sothe as ATs are all not only plausible but likely.
Ditto being a Pokemon makes sense since he was originally supposed to be in Melee.

I say yes to this one, it is probable he could be telling the truth, since he has done it before.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
When's Corocoro come out? It'll probably reveal characters like Ganondorf, Falco and Luigi, if not reveal some spankin' new characters, but most of all it'll disprove some of these leaks.

Here's hoping something good is in the DOJO tomorrow.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looks like thealmightygoat sure is dedicated. He is either telling the truth, or is the best troll I've ever seen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When's Corocoro come out? It'll probably reveal characters like Ganondorf, Falco and Luigi, if not reveal some spankin' new characters, but most of all it'll disprove some of these leaks.

Here's hoping something good is in the DOJO tomorrow.
...It came out a long time ago and had nothing new

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The NEW CoroCoro comes out January 15th. That's the one with the 30 character cards. Chances are, we'll see the full starting roster--at least. Who knows what surprises may be in store! ;)

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The NEW CoroCoro comes out January 15th. That's the one with the 30 character cards. Chances are, we'll see the full starting roster--at least. Who knows what surprises may be in store! ;)
What what what? 30 character cards?

That's interesting. Can anybody provide a link to anything about this?

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
What what what? 30 character cards?

That's interesting. Can anybody provide a link to anything about this?

it's all in there. 30 character cards in the jan issue of Corocoro, which includes 3 cards for Pokemon trainer and 2 for Samus

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
if thealmightygoat is refering to any character I think he's hinting at geno.

i know my "name" makes me a rabid geno fanboy but seriously think about it:

suprising to some obvious to others, geno fits that perfectly he's unheard of to alot of people and a shoe-in for brawl to the more devoted brawl followers. if say you just go to the dojo everyday, geno probably hasn't even crossed your mind as a possibility but if you know about the "poll" he's very likely.

also he says his stage isn't from the game he's in... STAR ROAD

star roads in mario world it's geno's home and it ISN'T IN MARIO RPG. The way he words this characters series has a stage for him but not from teh game he's in, i can't think of anything fitting bettert han geno and star road.

so i think it points to geno. if this is true anyway, which it probly isn't but we'll see.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Smashchu, could the custom Movesets be reference to Customizable Buttons? As if it was then that rumor is true and just horribly mangled...

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I like the Rapscouter's information it's pretty cool and I'm fine with it, I hate thealmightygoat though with his stuff here http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat I want Ray 01 to be playable and I dont want a cut character to be important because that will probably be ness and I loved ness in melee so I dont want a tease, for any character. However if Rapscouter is telling the truth then this week wont have much good-ness

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Smashchu, could the custom Movesets be reference to Customizable Buttons? As if it was then that rumor is true and just horribly mangled...
Do you mean that Nintendrone crap? If so, that was debunked; the creator himself even admitted that the interview was falsified.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Almightygoat sure is a dedicated troll. Must be really hungry for little kiddies to come under his bridge... The guy avoided explaining what the Urchin did, when it's so clearly visible in the E For All videos. Oy. He's unsure of the information that IS true, but so sure of what he's making up. He's just banking on the hope that we will believe him if he posts every single day. That said, I'm still marking him for fun.

Scout, on the other hand, I totally believe. I recall those "predictions" for D/P fully and he was 100% right. He could just be using that to get out false Brawl info, but I trust he's not the type to do that. That being said, my commentary:

Super Smash Bros is coming to the Virtual Console Febuary 4th
Certainly believable. They've done similar in the past.

Metal Gear Solid will have 3 ATs that I know of ,there may be more ,but I don't think so. Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot and somebody else that i'm not going to reveal, not because I can't but because it's a pleasent surprise that will make you smile. Revolver Ocelot stands on one side of the level or platform and rapidly fires at everyone excepts the person who threw the Assist Trophey, and apparently he also says something.
Believable. He doesn't have to fire a revolver per say, and besides: doesn't he do crazy non-realistic stuff with the weapon anyways?

Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon.
False. Blastoise and Zapdos are likely poised to return, but the others I doubt will appear. I just can't see it, as cool as they may be.

There will no more delays, it will be out Febuary 10th. This game has been finished and was just delayed so it did not conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.
Duh.

1/2 the levels from SSB and 1/3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB with improved graphics.
Let's see... that's 4/5 from SSB and 9 from Melee. I call False. That's a bit much.

Many people are not going to be surprised who the third 3rd party character is, but many will be.
Well, regardless of who it is, the likely candidates are all almost EXPECTED by people much like Sonic was. Mega Man, Pac-man, and whoever else it could be we all wouldn't be totally blindsided by.

Skull Kid, Professor Oak, Trace, Kiddy Kong and Sothe are ATs.
I can believe it. Oak seems strange, but maybe he tosses out Pokeballs? We can't be certain. I mean, Resetti is strange as all hell.

Ditto is an extremely powerful pokeball pokemon.
100% bought. Ditto was in betas of Melee as I've read from a few sources. But the technical details of morphing into a clone of your fighter were too much for the team, so they ditched him. Isn't he available in Debug mode or something?

The third 3rd partys characters level is from the same series, but not from the same game he's in.
If we go with Mega Man, this makes sense. It could be Classic Mega Man or .EXE and the stage would be something from X, for example. I can see it happening. Other options work too, but this does rule out choices such as Bomberman who appears in ALL his games. And if this is Geno, then his stage may be something else like Star Haven from Paper Mario or such. But if we know anything, it's likely he'll get Forest Maze or something to that effect. Hmm...

Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's Ship are levels in SSBB.
Believable. Luigi's Mansion has been suggested and "hinted" at (and kinda obvious), while Goron's Mountain and Gangplank Galleon are uber-B.A. Goron's Mountain would make for a fun TP level and I can see it happening; Gangplank Galleon I figured was obvious for Diddy's stage *shrug*

The Dojo will announce the third 3rd party character not this week, but the following week.
Just before release? Sure, I buy it. Funny that, if it is Mega Man, he wasn't announced at his 20th Anniversary though... So maybe it IS somebody we've mentioned but don't expect?

There's really a fourth 3rd party character in the game that's gonna blow mind, not even my friend would tell me who he is.
False is written all over this puppy. I'm sorry, but unless it's like... Master Chief or Cloud it ain't gonna blow nobody's mind. We're all pretty boring around here :laugh: That and four 3rd party characters is pushing it unless the roster is MASSIVE.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
RapDANCER this time around, the guy claims to be Rapscouter under a new SN and posting more "secret info." Here ya go:

It's me rapscouter, due to what happend last night I had to use a different account. I was pleasently surprised some of you remembered me, even though I think you were exaggerating. But anyways just like I promised im back to give you more info, however once again I will be throwing in three lies. So use your head and think what sound's plausible and what's complete bull.

Falco will return due to his popularity.

Wii Bowling, Wii Shop, and Big Boss Blue's are all music in the game.

Poke Floats 2, and a level based on one of Bowser's airships will be in SSBB.

There will be DLC new levels and possibly items, ATs, and characters.

The Ditto pokeball pokemon most of you thought was a lie, well if it was and even if it wasn't a lie, let me continue giving you some more information on him, when he comes out of the ball he copies the character that threw the ball, and unleashes their final smash. That's the reason I said he was really powerful.

Rawk Hawk, Tricky, Twinrova, and kremlings are going to be Assist Trophies.

The boss battles ftom The Legend of Zelda in the Subspace Emissary are going to be big and epic.

Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are all the assist trophiess from Sonic that I know of.

About 65% of the hidden characters are unlocked in the Subspace Emissary.

There is a level called Through Time and Space.

Luigi will be able to jump higher and run faster, but slide sorta like in Super Mario Galaxy.

I will be back on at approximately 3:30 Western Pacific time to share some more info with you, unless this topic gets deleted.
Post #2...

Ok, im back just like I said. The only reason I could not create the topic is, because I could only create one topic per day, because I only use this account when I have information before most due. Now since the topic I created last night was deleted, im gonna go over what I revealed last night, but since im going over last and im have all new info there will be a total of SIX lies in here.

Super Smash Bros. will be on the Virtual Console Feb. 4th.

Blastoise, Zapdos, Luxray, Combusken, and Grovyle eill be pokeball pokemon.

There will be no more delays, this game will be out Feb. 10th. This game is Finished and has been finished the only reason it was delayed is so it didn't conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.

The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week.

Metal Gear Solid will have three ATs, Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot, and someone else who will bring a smile to your face. Revolver Ocelot stands on on side of the level and rapidly fires at everyone other that the person who threw the AT.

Many people will not be surprised by the third 3rd party character, but many will be.

Sothe, Trace, Professor Oak, and Kiddy Kong are Assist Trophiess.

Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's ship are levels in SSBB.

The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him.
1/2 of the SSB levels and 1/3 of SSBM levels are going to be in SSBB with improved graphics

There's really a forth third party character that's gonna blow minds, don't who it is because my friend wouldn't even tell me.

Alright, those were last night's now on to right now.

The Frozen Flower, Bob-Omb, and the Red Shell are all items in SSBB.

Salamence, Hitmochan, Hitmonlee, and Staru are all pokeball pokemon.

Saffron City, Sector Z, Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom and Dream Land will return with improved graphics.

The Soundtrack for this game will be epic, there are supposedly over 200 songs in this game. It will have everything from The Super Mario Bros theme to The Metal Gear Solid theme.

In Subspace Emissary there will sometimes be guest characters that join up with you, that will not be in the playable character roster.

Tauroneo, Impa, and Boo are Assist Trophies.

Some Music from Fire Emblem will be Fire Emblem Theme, The Strong, and Ascent.

Gandorf will be returning in his Twilight Princess form, and Fight with a sword, but move very slowly.

Green Hill Zone, and Good Egg Galaxy are levels in SSBB.

an item called Rare Candy will temporarily make you stronger.

Roy, and Marth are being taken out and being replaced by characters from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

That's it and remember ther's 6 lies hidden in there, and I will come on tomorrow to give you some more info.
He's apparently added even more lies in there for fun as well as promising daily updates. Almightygoat is gonna be PISSED :laugh:

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
It's me rapscouter, due to what happend last night I had to use a different account. I was pleasently surprised some of you remembered me, even though I think you were exaggerating. But anyways just like I promised im back to give you more info, however once again I will be throwing in three lies. So use your head and think what sound's plausible and what's complete bull.

Falco will return due to his popularity.

Wii Bowling, Wii Shop, and Big Boss Blue's are all music in the game.

Poke Floats 2, and a level based on one of Bowser's airships will be in SSBB.

There will be DLC new levels and possibly items, ATs, and characters.

The Ditto pokeball pokemon most of you thought was a lie, well if it was and even if it wasn't a lie, let me continue giving you some more information on him, when he comes out of the ball he copies the character that threw the ball, and unleashes their final smash. That's the reason I said he was really powerful.

Rawk Hawk, Tricky, Twinrova, and kremlings are going to be Assist Trophies.

The boss battles ftom The Legend of Zelda in the Subspace Emissary are going to be big and epic.

Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are all the assist trophiess from Sonic that I know of.

About 65% of the hidden characters are unlocked in the Subspace Emissary.

There is a level called Through Time and Space.

Luigi will be able to jump higher and run faster, but slide sorta like in Super Mario Galaxy.
I don't think there will be a new Poke Floats, or that Through Time and Space, or Dr. Robotnik as anything but a Boss in Subspace Emissary.

Ok, im back just like I said. The only reason I could not create the topic is, because I could only create one topic per day, because I only use this account when I have information before most due. Now since the topic I created last night was deleted, im gonna go over what I revealed last night, but since im going over last and im have all new info there will be a total of SIX lies in here.

Super Smash Bros. will be on the Virtual Console Feb. 4th.

Blastoise, Zapdos, Luxray, Combusken, and Grovyle will be pokeball pokemon.

There will be no more delays, this game will be out Feb. 10th. This game is Finished and has been finished the only reason it was delayed is so it didn't conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.

The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week.

Metal Gear Solid will have three ATs, Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot, and someone else who will bring a smile to your face. Revolver Ocelot stands on on side of the level and rapidly fires at everyone other that the person who threw the AT.

Many people will not be surprised by the third 3rd party character, but many will be.

Sothe, Trace, Professor Oak, and Kiddy Kong are Assist Trophiess.

Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's ship are levels in SSBB.

The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him.
1/2 of the SSB levels and 1/3 of SSBM levels are going to be in SSBB with improved graphics

There's really a forth third party character that's gonna blow minds, don't who it is because my friend wouldn't even tell me.

Alright, those were last night's now on to right now.

The Frozen Flower, Bob-Omb, and the Red Shell are all items in SSBB.

Salamence, Hitmochan, Hitmonlee, and Staryu are all pokeball pokemon.

Saffron City, Sector Z, Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom and Dream Land will return with improved graphics.

The Soundtrack for this game will be epic, there are supposedly over 200 songs in this game. It will have everything from The Super Mario Bros theme to The Metal Gear Solid theme.

In Subspace Emissary there will sometimes be guest characters that join up with you, that will not be in the playable character roster.

Some Music from Fire Emblem will be Fire Emblem Theme, The Strong, and Ascent.

Gandorf will be returning in his Twilight Princess form, and Fight with a sword, but move very slowly.

an item called Rare Candy will temporarily make you stronger.

Roy, and Marth are being taken out and being replaced by characters from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

That's it and remember ther's 6 lies hidden in there, and I will come on tomorrow to give you some more info.
I don't think Marth will be gone, that Mushroom Kingdom will be upgraded, or the Guest Fighters thing. The Bolded one was changed from his last comment.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Another leak the other day "confirmed" the Ice Flower. Funky...

EDIT: It was Almightygoat, and his stuff actually works with Rapscouters.

...let's keep an eye on these two.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
"Believable. He doesn't have to fire a revolver per say, and besides: doesn't he do crazy non-realistic stuff with the weapon anyways?"

He's revolver ocelot... REVOLVER!

The only other thing he did was do is fingers in a cool motion, and how much damage could that do?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
What does he mean by DLC?

Oh, and guys, just because they opted it was best to give Snake a moveset that didn't involve guns doesn't mean guns can't exist in Brawl.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think that was thealmightygoat who also posted that. Stealing ideas? Actual truth between these two? Connections...? Same sources...?

Awwwwwwkkkkkwaaaaarrrrrrrddddd.
Again: let's watch these two. They don't contradict each other YET. Plus all their stuff is at the very least possible.

Revven

FrankerZ
Again: let's watch these two. They don't contradict each other YET. Plus all their stuff is at the very least possible.
Yep, that's what I was thinking. These two are so far, the only believable recurring "leakers" so far (this excludes Chaos Zero because he is not recurring by him not posting anything more than what he posted). What these two say doesn't even contradict CZ either, in fact, what Rapscouter says only coincides with what CZ says (or some of the things anyway like Falco returning).

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Salamence, Hitmochan, Hitmonlee, and Staru are all pokeball pokemon.

That's it and remember ther's 6 lies hidden in there
I believe these to be the 6 lies.

Matter of fact, I don't know if I really believe any of it... seems like throwing lies in there is just a convenient way of accounting for any wrong guesses.

Top Bottom