• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Whatever people think of FForceSultan and his absolutely mad roster, I would absolutely love to play as Snake in a tuxedo.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I really wish I had insider info so I could just reveal the roster. I personally don't see it being very realistic that Nintendo would waste time to trace a leak to a freaking message board. I mean things about the game are being leaked SLOWLY (Lucas, Franklin Badge, New Pork City for example) anyway. People who actually have info (I KNOW there are some) just need to man up and give us the truth, these fake leaks are getting out of control and driving people freaking insane. I don't see how people who have the power to stop this just don't...STOP it.

If Sakurai stated he doesn't care about stopping leaks like he did in the past, why are we having so much trouble getting the real deal this round than in the final countdown for melee?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I really wish I had insider info so I could just reveal the roster. I personally don't see it being very realistic that Nintendo would waste time to trace a leak to a freaking message board. I mean things about the game are being leaked SLOWLY (Lucas, Franklin Badge, New Pork City for example) anyway. People who actually have info (I KNOW there are some) just need to man up and give us the truth, these fake leaks are getting out of control and driving people freaking insane. I don't see how people who have the power to stop this just don't...STOP it.

If Sakurai stated he doesn't care about stopping leaks like he did in the past, why are we having so much trouble getting the real deal this round than in the final countdown for melee?
Because that schmuck who DOES know the full roster? He's got a job, a life, likely a wife and kids... What the hell would he be doing posting on Gamefaqs? :laugh:

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Baby Bros make it fake, unless Sakurai is begging for a lawsuit.

If you don't know what I mean, then here you go:

Baby Bros+Snakes necksnap grab= Pedaphillia/Child Abuse lawsuit.

Anyone from the US (California, in particular) know what I'm talking about
Being from California, I have no idea what you mean. I would think that anywhere, hurting babies isn't all that acceptable, but in CA? And neck snapping anyone, in theory is bad. Yes, doing it to babies is worse, but that means nothing for lawsuits.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Baby Bros make it fake, unless Sakurai is begging for a lawsuit.

If you don't know what I mean, then here you go:

Baby Bros+Snakes necksnap grab= Pedaphillia/Child Abuse lawsuit.

Anyone from the US (California, in particular) know what I'm talking about
Well, Lucas is what...8-10 years old? It's still child abuse.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
FForceSultan posted his list of stages. It's... Interesting.

1.Final Destination - Brawl
2.Final Destination - N64
3.Final Destination - Melee
4.Battlefield - Brawl
5.Battlefield - Melee
6.Metal Stage - Remake of the N64 stage.
7.Mushroom Kingdom - Remake of the N64/Melee Stage.
8.Super Mario Land 2 - Plays like Delfino Plaza
9.DeDeDe Arena
10.Mario Brothers - "Arcade"
11.Rainbow Ride
12.Bowser's Airship
13.Princess Peaches Castle - Melee
14.S.S. Anne
15.Saffron City - Remake of the N64 Stage.
16.Saturn Valley
17.Onett
18.New Pork City
19.The Summit
20.Pencil City
21.Castle Siege
22.Skyworld
23.Dinosaur Planet
24.Lylat Cruise
25.Corneria
26.Fountain of Dreams - Melee
27.Yoshi's Island - Melee
28.Smashville
29.Rumble Falls
30.Mario Circuit
31.Delfino Plaza
32.Frigate Orpheon
33.Gameboy - Super Mario Land 1
34.Mute City - NEW REMAKE
35.Bridge of Eldin
36.Brinstar - Melee
37.SR388
38.Norfair
39.Battleship Halberd
40.WarioWare
41.Ashley's Castle Courtyard
42.Pokémon Stadium 2
43.PictoChat
44.Hyrule Castle - N64
45.The Temple - Melee
46.Dark World Pyramid / Hyrule Castle - "LoZ:LttP"
47.Lost Woods
48.Brinstar Depths - Melee
49.Donkey Kong - "Arcade"
50.Rainbow Road - "F-Zero"
51.Falling Star Hill
52.Gateway to Destiny
53.Game & Watch 2 - "Fire Attack"
54.Gangplank Galleon
55.Tetris
56.Bomberland
57.Green Hill Zone
58.Pac-Land
59.Shadow Moses Island
60.Yoshi's Island - Brawl
61.C-Island
62.Forest of Hope
63.Murasame's castle
64.Beautiful Rooftops
65.The Play Room/Desk - ADVENTURE MODE FINAL BATTLE STAGE
He also answered some questions in his latest blog post. I asked him what Olimar's special moves are going to be, and this was his answer...

Olimars attack involved whipping the pikmin around, throwing them, and more. You also have a special which calls them back to you. Depending on the color and the attack you perform it varies. His recovery move involves his pikmin throwing him up in the air. The more you have, the more you can recover.
So I guess we'll see, for sure, if he's got legit information just as soon as the Dojo updates with Olimar's specials.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
FForceSultan posted his list of stages. It's... Interesting.

He also answered some questions in his latest blog post. I asked him what Olimar's special moves are going to be, and this was his answer...

So I guess we'll see, for sure, if he's got legit information just as soon as the Dojo updates with Olimar's specials.
The stages are the biggest crock of bull**** we've seen thus far. Serebii already deconfirmed the return of Saffron City. And why the hell would they have so many retro-themed Mario stages? It'd be cool, but why? The stages are far too "fanboyish," just like the roster.

Also, he gave us Olimar's Final Smash. HIS ONE MISTAKE!
Olimars spaceship whips accross the screen and crashes to the stage. The debreeze can be picked up and thrown.
The fact that he gets SOOO defensive should tell anybody he's living in a dream.

Black/Light

Smash Master
He meant the 1 or 2 new reps part as Midna riding Wolf Link. Think about it for a second, then post.
Yeah, I agree. It sounds like Y Link in CS form wouldn't count as a "new character" just as I thought (it's still Y Link, just in a different form).

lets hope for Midna!!!
And Serebii, no one wants you to leave. Stay and keep deconfirming these fakes. I understand Smashchu's point of view but you have done nothing wrong and no one wants you to leave.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I posted this on another thread.

Hey guys, there is something weird I noticed about an old "leak," does anyone remember the Prima Guide leak? Where the guy admitted it was false just as quickly as he put it up, and has not been heard of since? Well I keep documents of all the "leak" to keep track on them, and I noticed something about this cold case, take a look:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

I know people called shenanigans because of the lack of WTF characters, Ness, and Young Link. Notice though how all the characters were arranged to the day they were revealed on the Dojo? Take a look at who is after DDD, Olimar! Now right now it is just coincedence, but if one of the next two updates are Krystal or Sheik, and once they are updated, after them come Jigglypuff and King K.Rool. This will be more than coincedental, this will be Nintendo shutting down a person who revealed the roster ahead of time, and they forced him to say it was a lie to keep it secretive.

Anyways, I thought this was quite funny, what do you all think? I know this roster is too perfect to be true, but maybe Sakurai actually listened to the fans and gave the most requested characters, than threw PT as the Game and Watch of the newcomers? Anyways, wishful thinking, but I will keep my eye on this though. Maybe there is hope for Megaman! ^_^

Anyways, not saying it is 100% true, just one of those 'huh' kind of things.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm hesitant to put that one up, since it was allegedly hushed out of nowhere and no one's spoken of it till you posted it (although it WOULD be the perfect roster).

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
I've read all 79 pages of this...and by golly my eyes hurt...

This Prima one probably won't work. No Lucario, only Mewtwo. And I've read enough of Serebii implying Lucario is in and Mewtwo is out in the last 79 pages that I think I'm ready to believe it...

...I'm not sure who to believe...I'm surprised there aren't any new ones out there...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Anyone buying this IGN Beta Leak via Torrent? A few modded Wii folks are downloading it as I type this and are trying to figure out what's what, but there's a rumor that it's legit and there are YouTube videos (which I personally can't find). To add fuel to the fire, the guys who discuss it are insta-modded on Gamefaqs so it looks like our source of info has been snuffed.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone buying this IGN Beta Leak via Torrent? A few modded Wii folks are downloading it as I type this and are trying to figure out what's what, but there's a rumor that it's legit and there are YouTube videos (which I personally can't find). To add fuel to the fire, the guys who discuss it are insta-modded on Gamefaqs so it looks like our source of info has been snuffed.
Where can I found info on this?!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I posted this on another thread.

Anyways, not saying it is 100% true, just one of those 'huh' kind of things.
Olimar was on MY predicted list as next and I put it in DOJO order too...

OMFG I must be a prophet!!!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Where can I found info on this?!
There was a thread HERE and I can't find it. The Gamefaqs threads have all been deleted. If you really wanna get down and dirty, search some torrent sites for it.

Apparently the torrent team is trusted for giving legit games.

EDIT: I removed the name of it. It's against TOS to say.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
The guy who claimed to be working with the prima guide company admitted to lying about the whole thing in one of his posts on gameFAQs so just cross that one out. =D Sorry that I don't have pictoral evidence or whatnot, but I'm sure there were others that can confirm this on gameFAQs. =D

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Hey FlipTroopa, be careful if you're DL'ing that thing...I'm not too sure, but the comments are all iffy. It sounds like you don't even need a modded Wii to do it.

From Firefox22:

"I actually let it update all the way, the file said that it was NTSC, so I was assuming that it was the IGN Beta that was shown all over Gamespot.com and in turns out that that was the case, I burned it and updated I was a bit hesitant at first but since my brother has a Wii also I would've swapped it if anything happened >-) lol, but it did actually go through just fine and the game booted up no problem :), it's in english although the options does give you a option for Japanese support."

I am not linking it and would take caution to anyone who does DL this. Not only because it could be a virus, but for all we know the next thing Nintendo could do is send out a new Wii update that bricks any consoles that played this version. And then you're screwed to play the actual Brawl...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The guy who claimed to be working with the prima guide company admitted to lying about the whole thing in one of his posts on gameFAQs so just cross that one out. =D Sorry that I don't have pictoral evidence or whatnot, but I'm sure there were others that can confirm this on gameFAQs. =D
Yes, the guy admitted it was a hoax.

Prima Roster is a Primo Fake. Let it be known throughout the land so we can stop talking about this garbage.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I am not linking it and would take caution to anyone who does DL this. Not only because it could be a virus, but for all we know the next thing Nintendo could do is send out a new Wii update that bricks any consoles that played this version. And then you're screwed to play the actual Brawl...
Lol, that reminds me of the Halo 3 online torrent leak. MSoft banned any 360 playing that online till the year 9999.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't one of the prophets predict Snake's final smash...

Hah for them, they said Metal Gear or something...

'nother one bites the dust

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
FForceSultan posts again but I don't buy into his crap so I won't quote it.

Point for bringing this up is that he COMPLETELY dodged answering what Snake's Final Smash was, the slimy worm :laugh: His responses were added around the time the update was made as well. I just don't get how people are still fans of him...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Didn't one of the prophets predict Snake's final smash...

Hah for them, they said Metal Gear or something...

'nother one bites the dust
Actually, none of the ones I posted did. I was so angry when I saw the update, since the only FS FForceSultan didn't conveniently see was Snake's FS (posted before the DOJO update).

Black/Light

Smash Master

Point for bringing this up is that he COMPLETELY dodged answering what Snake's Final Smash was, the slimy worm :laugh: His responses were added around the time the update was made as well. I just don't get how people are still fans of him...
Im very much sure he is a fake. Serebii said his roster was fake making him dead to me:ohwell:

The Goat and Rap are the only ones Im trying to follow.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Can someone link me to where Serebii said his roster was fake?
Can't really link you, he said it in the chat, lol. But he said it, I know that for fact as someone who has links to close friends of Serebii.

I think one of the mods posted it somewhere, though, I'll look for it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Ahaha, SO amusing, too! It's all-too convenient... At least it's worth a good laugh.

And yes, Serebii did disconfirm his roster.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I just feel like...FForceSultan is actually so WTFy and detailed he might be right. Check my post, and you'll see how much frickin stuff he predicted (not necessarily confirmed stuff). Also, I hate to say this, but how sure are we that Serebii is the real Serebii? I trust the real Serebii to death, but we can't prove whether he is or isn't.

GOD! I just want a roster screenshot.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
There are now so many people posting info, and reams of it, that it's only a matter of time before one of them is discredited.

I'm looking at thealmightygoat and FForceSultan, only because they're the ones i keep track of the most.

Top Bottom