• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Im pretty sure I have seen fan rosters that look just like that. CZ said Wolf and Ness are in and I believe CZ more than this guy so pass.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
. . .Im pretty sure I have seen fan rosters that look just like that. CZ said Wolf and Ness are in and I believe CZ more than this guy so pass.
Yeah, It was just one of the first "leaked" rosters that actually had Megaman on it, so I took it. Curently waiting for Serebii to deconfirm it though.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Jeff kinda killed it to be honest, especially seeing as Ness isn't on there (admittedly Jeff did get 2 mentions on the poll, but I'd find it very odd if he was in and Ness wasn't). 3 FE swordsmen also makes me a little weary. On the whole, the list seems just a little too safe, most of the characters are strongly expected, even the more WTF characters on that list.

The stage trophy sounds interesting though I'm not sure how plausible that is seeing how varied the stages are in this game. I also highly doubt every trophy becomes an assist trophy, does that even include item trophies, because that sounds a little redundant.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Here we go again another leak, fortunately this was deleted as quick as it came. Here is what the "roster" looked like:

Do not know whether I believe all of this, luckily at least for once it had Megaman on it!

Yet again Gamefaqs, the dude's name was... I do not remember, too bad it is deleted, so I can't check his username.
As Fake as Michael Jackson's Nose

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As Fake as Michael Jackson's Nose
And there we have it folks, another one bites the dust. Jeff was kind of a weird choice as well as two characters that both have "Black" in their names. I do agree with Megaman, Ridley and Claus though; thankfully we KNOW Olimar is in now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You can infer anything from what I have said, thats the beauty of my vagueness :)
Okay, then here goes:

Mewtwo will not be playable in Brawl.

Notice that Serebii can instantly disconfirm rosters that list Mewtwo as a playable character, but he was unsure about the validity of FForceSultan's at first. FForceSultan, in this case, said that Mewtwo returned in a Pokéball. While Serebii could not disconfirm this right away, he had no qualms with the fact that Mewtwo would not be playable. It only makes sense for Serebii to know the most about the Poké-aspects of Brawl, which is also why he could instantly disconfirm the Rival Trainer as a playable character (although I haven't heard his take on the Rival Trainer as a boss yet...).

Again, this is purely an inference based upon the reactions of a person who has some sort of inside information. Take it as you will. ;)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is my opinion on how I think the roster may turn out.

[MARIO]

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

[ZELDA]

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

[POKEMON]

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

[DONKEY KONG]

DK
Diddy
King K.Rool

[STAR FOX]

Fox
Krystal
Wolf

[METROID]

Samus/Zss
Ridley

[FIRE EMBLEM]

Ike
Marth

[MOTHER]

Lucas
Claus

[F-ZERO]

Cpt. Falcon

[Other Mario Characters]

Yoshi
Wario

[Other Retro Characters]

Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

[Others]

Pikmin and Olimar
Animal Crosser
Mii
Isaac

[THIRD PARTY]

Solid Snake
Sonic
Megaman (or X)

--------------------------------------------------------
35=total

Now what do you all think, is it "yup, you guessed it smarty pants," "sorta true," "50/50," "hardly at all," or "no way at all"!

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Hey serebii you should totally tell me if houndoom is a pokeball pokemon cause he needs to be. (i would be a happy poke fan yes)
jk

on topics:
Is there still a rumor that isn't completely debunked?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hey serebii you should totally tell me if houndoom is a pokeball pokemon cause he needs to be. (i would be a happy poke fan yes)
jk

on topics:
Is there still a rumor that isn't completely debunked?
CZ's leak and The Goat have yet to be debunked. Parts of Rap's post are lies so we don't know if what Serebii debunked on him where meant to be lies or not.

And theres not enuff characters on that list. . . LoZ LOSING rep count? I don't think so (and Jpuff was leaked by Snake's VA)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
CZ's leak and The Goat have yet to be debunked. Parts of Rap's post are lies so we don't know if what Serebii debunked on him where meant to be lies or not.

And theres not enuff characters on that list. . . LoZ LOSING rep count? I don't think so (and Jpuff was leaked by Snake's VA)
Just trying to be conservative on the characters, also I will go ahead and add Jiggs, but who whould be the new Zelda rep?

There is Midna, Zant, Skull Kid, Wind Waker Link, Young Link/with Masks, Vaati and Sheik seperate. Those are all suggestions I have heard.

The Wind Waker Link was a highly voted for character and has proven himself to be a different entity than the TP Link, so I may go aead and add him, or maybe Midna.

[MARIO]

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

[ZELDA]

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Added: Midna

[POKEMON]

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Added: Jigglypuff

[DONKEY KONG]

DK
Diddy
King K.Rool

[STAR FOX]

Fox
Krystal
Wolf

[METROID]

Samus/Zss
Ridley

[FIRE EMBLEM]

Ike
Marth

[MOTHER]

Lucas
Claus

[F-ZERO]

Cpt. Falcon

[Other Mario Characters]

Yoshi
Wario

[Other Retro Characters]

Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

[Others]

Pikmin and Olimar
Animal Crosser
Mii
Isaac

[THIRD PARTY]

Solid Snake
Sonic
Megaman (or X)

--------------------------------------------------------
37=total

J.A.Jenk

Smash Cadet
You guys are giving me a heart attack with this Mewtwo out stuff.

Serebii I have a question for you.

Would Nintendo not tell you everything considering what happen last year

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I will edit this post later as I catch up on this thread (which I do like... twice a day :laugh:)

But here's another leaker who ALSO updates his blog:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/rezanore

Basically says Mother Brain and Bowser /w Trophy Gun are bosses and that Mother Brain is one of the major plot points in SSE. Also says that Olimar's level is "Giant Earth," and goes: "well, now that Sakurai let Olimar out of the bag I have no choice but to tell you..." What a phony ;)

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm not adding Rezanore until he updates again. B/C Dark Matter being the cause of "Dark Characters" doesn't make much sense when we have "shadow bugs" doing a similar thing (check the Trophy Stands update w/ the Big Primid trophy).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I choose to believe they are ALL fake, this game has been SOOOO secretive and SOOOO very wrong on some things I think a lot of people will be suprised by how many characters are in Brawl. It is so tight lipped, even other COMPANIES can not tell the truth about this game, that includes Nintendo. I am starting to believe EVERYONE no matter how convincing is lying, even Inafune. ;)

Anyways, we will all see in a few weeks anyways I mean really only 3 WEEKS!

Black/Light

Smash Master
I actually believe her despite the game not getting delayed. Watch, there will be 35 characters just like she said.
I hope thats a joke:ohwell:

If something as big as a delay doesn't happen than why take that one part as fact? Lies. . .

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i just had a thought... do you guys realize the internet will soon be destroyed?

when ridley shows up on the dojo, confirmed as a pc or deconfirmed, the internet will explode.

thanks fanboys and sakurai, youve doomed us all

inb4apocalypz

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I still contest that Rapscouter is my man to follow. His reason for the lies makes sense and he is the only one of the three "Serebii giant axe of doom-less" leakers who has been shown to be right in the past.

And besides: they still all work together well in tandem. Just waiting for Goat to slip up, since he's the only one left talking.

Sultan is a hack, I should add. His roster, even by my standards, sucks.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I will edit this post later as I catch up on this thread (which I do like... twice a day :laugh:)

But here's another leaker who ALSO updates his blog:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/rezanore

Basically says Mother Brain and Bowser /w Trophy Gun are bosses and that Mother Brain is one of the major plot points in SSE. Also says that Olimar's level is "Giant Earth," and goes: "well, now that Sakurai let Olimar out of the bag I have no choice but to tell you..." What a phony ;)
^I severely doubt Bowser with a trophy gun is a boss.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
i just had a thought... do you guys realize the internet will soon be destroyed?

when ridley shows up on the dojo, confirmed as a pc or deconfirmed, the internet will explode.

thanks fanboys and sakurai, youve doomed us all

inb4apocalypz
True, but they said that about Sonic, if Megaman was revealed it would destroy the Japanese side of the internet. :D

Boofer

Smash Ace
Did Serebii comment on almightygoat's newest entry?

almightygoat said:
1. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: RIVAL TRAINER

It's Gary. It's also Blue. It's also McMuffin. Whatever name you chose for him, here he is in his Brawlified glory. He will be Pokemon Trainer's first boss fight at the very beginning of his journey. Rival Trainer fights in a very similar fashion to Pokemon Trainer. He uses three Pokemon, just as PT does. He uses the three starters from Johto in the same evolutionary stages that PT's are: Bayleef, Totodile, and Typhlosion. Win the battle, and you'll be met with another, more menacing foe. Who is it? Not this update.

Rival Trainer is just one of several Pokemon bosses in Subspace Emissary, so if you prefer another, perhaps more sinister Pokemon foe, don't worry: there's plenty. On to the preview!

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I actually did some research into the game Koi Koi and the Hanafuda Cards...

FFSultan CAN'T be right! The "Rainman" actually HAS a name: Ono no Michikaze or Ono no Tōfū. He's an Ancient Japanese Calligrapher who created the Japanese style of calligraphy. According to Japanese history or legend, Ono no Michikaze, as a young man, was walking in the rain and saw a frog attempting to eat an insect in a willow tree. Watching the frog fail again and again before ultimately succeeding he learned the value of perseverence. This scene shows up on any artwork featuring him, including the 80¥ "Willow and frog" stamp, and of course, the Rain Card of Hanafudu. He does not fight Giant Enemy Crabs by flipping them over and attacking their weak point for Massive Damage.

Hanafuda Cards
Ono no Michikaze on Wikipedia

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Perhaps if Rainman is playable, they just called him Rainman b/c Ono no Michikaze might not fit (which makes little sense, considering we have Pokemon Trainer...). Or they called him Rainman in the English version...

Regardless, it's still hilarious to think Rainman is a character.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps if Rainman is playable, they just called him Rainman b/c Ono no Michikaze might not fit (which makes little sense, considering we have Pokemon Trainer...). Or they called him Rainman in the English version...

Regardless, it's still hilarious to think Rainman is a character.
Ono no Tofu is 5 syllables and shorter than Pikmin & Olimar or Mr. Game & Watch

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are saying that Serebii is only as reliable as this goat guy...

Well, have any of you actually heard of this goat guy before? Has he revealed anything before?

I'm just saying...

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Yeah but theres people like this;

Plus, Serebii, just as thealmightygoat, refuses to reveal his sources, making him just as unreliable as thealmightygoat.
and

ummm why is serebii credible....

isn't he just another 'prophet' if he dosn't give a source?
They seem to think you'rwe only trustworthy if you reveal your source. They fail to realise that the sources sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and if they are caught of leaking the information, they would be fired. Why would anyone, in their right mind, do this. I'm not going to screw someone's livelihood up to just prove myself to some teen on a bloody Internet forum. People can be dumb at times ¬¬

YSM

Smash Apprentice
They seem to think you'rwe only trustworthy if you reveal your source. They fail to realise that the sources sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and if they are caught of leaking the information, they would be fired. Why would anyone, in their right mind, do this. I'm not going to screw someone's livelihood up to just prove myself to some teen on a bloody Internet forum. People can be dumb at times ¬¬
Exactly. Doesn't anyone remember last year's leaker? OtherSteve on IGN? He leaked some info when he was told it would be okay...but notice, he NEVER gave his source. Thus, people attacked him and didn't believe him. He ended up being right.

Revealing your source does nothing, people. Let's just say Serebii's source is Nubcake McGee, who works at a Nintendo division in Virginia. Okay...now what? How does that prove his legitimacy? We don't know if Mr. McGee even exists, and if we did we'd have no way of knowing that this guy actually told Serebii anything. So all he would accomplish by revealing his source is making this guy likely lose his job. It proves nothing.

The bottom line is, Serebii is trustworthy because he has a reputation that goes back...at least 5 years, probably longer. So why would he lose his reputation by posting fake info that could very well be false? He has no motive, and right now he's the only one we can count on to disprove fake leaks. We should be happy he's still here.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I'd quite like it if Serebii posted what info he knows. I mean, he's the most trustworthy person, so i'd really like to hear what he has to say. I know it's probably mostly Pokemon info, but still, it'd be a good addition.

Top Bottom