• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
Certainly an interesting list - but Pac Man really makes me question it. But... There was the "using his head" and Pac Man isn't much more than his head. Dr. Lobe is questionable, and Alex Roivas is just plain unlikely. Pokey is a likely one that not many people have been saying. Lots to find fault with on that one.

I think, when determining who's telling the truth, is to say "less is more". The less they reveal, the more credible they may turn out to be.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"Fox and Wolf both take down Andross and save Krystal in the adventure mode."

This one also strikes me as fake. Wolf, working together with Fox, to take down Andross? LOL WUT.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Serebii! If K Rool is playable blink twice!

When I look at that roster I think that roster is way too stupid to be fake. However, Serebii has eased me if his sources are actually legit. I thought Ridley would be playable for sure. Although I do love that that roster has K Rool playable. K ROOL MUST BE PLAYABLE IN BRAWL!

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
"Fox and Wolf both take down Andross and save Krystal in the adventure mode."

This one also strikes me as fake. Wolf, working together with Fox, to take down Andross? LOL WUT.
You haven't played Command have you? Fox and Wolf team up to kill evil angler fish people. Worst dialogue in any game I have ever played.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
I cant be 100% but based on some of my info, its a fake.
Well its always possible my source omitted things, but I think he would have made mention of the thing
>_>

You know, I'm not sure how to take this. Because to me it sounds like your commenting about the Mewtwo Pokeball thing, but not about the list itself.

Which really sucks either way, because it also implies that Mewtwo probably isn't playable if you aren't 100% sure of his status. Maaaaan, I like Mewtwo :( I've been trying to ignore all this Lucario replacing Mewtwo crap, but this....

ARRRRGH

Certainly an interesting list - but Pac Man really makes me question it. But... There was the "using his head" and Pac Man isn't much more than his head. Dr. Lobe is questionable, and Alex Roivas is just plain unlikely. Pokey is a likely one that not many people have been saying. Lots to find fault with on that one.

I think, when determining who's telling the truth, is to say "less is more". The less they reveal, the more credible they may turn out to be.
You know I was going to comment about that before I noticed that roster. When I heard about that I thought it was a referance to Dynamite Headdy. A Treasure Co. Ltd character. Which would definitely help explain how Saki got in as an Assist Trophy....but serriously, the only Nintendo System Headdy has been on is the Virtual Console, and if he got in before Marina Lightyears or the Gunstar Heroes crew I'd be really upset. Well, more upset then I am now anyway....

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40674786

We got another one. This one claims to have found someone leaking this on 2ch. The roster is within the realm of possibility. However, it's a huge roster and some of the characters are suspicious (Roy, Baby Mario & Luigi, Pokemon Rival, Wolf Link & Midna).

Although, you would have to admit(even with the sad omission of Claus and Megaman) this would be a pretty sweet roster.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40674786

We got another one. This one claims to have found someone leaking this on 2ch. The roster is within the realm of possibility. However, it's a huge roster and some of the characters are suspicious (Roy, Baby Mario & Luigi, Pokemon Rival, Wolf Link & Midna).

Although, you would have to admit(even with the sad omission of Claus and Megaman) this would be a pretty sweet roster.
Fake methinks

Actually completely lol

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to cry fake on the newest one as well. Notice that all of these new prophets have conveniently updated to include Olimar in their starting roster.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, that last one looks pretty fake. Pokemon Rival sounds really unlikely (why starters from different generations, and why those in particular), not to mention it would mean 6 pokemon reps and 10 playable pokemon which seems way too much.

The mii changing size and weight also sounds unlikely IMO.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I knew that other one was fake as soon as I hit Ashley.

Mike Jones just dug the hole deeper.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, that last one looks pretty fake. Pokemon Rival sounds really unlikely (why starters from different generations, and why those in particular), not to mention it would mean 6 pokemon reps and 10 playable pokemon which seems way too much.
But... he didn't say the Rival trainer was playable (I doubt they'd make him playable, much like Petey). It makes sense to have a boss like this for PT, but, there are other options as well.

I don't think this can really disprove him.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
But... he didn't say the Rival trainer was playable (I doubt they'd make him playable, much like Petey). It makes sense to have a boss like this for PT, but, there are other options as well.

I don't think this can really disprove him.
Actually, he listed him under the characters that needed to be unlocked, so yes, he does outright say the rival will be playable.

PARANOIANACHOS said:
The below list is a list of all characters that must be unlocked, this is the final roster, and we are sorry if your favorite character did not make the cut.

- Luigi
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Changes like Zelda in SSBM)
- Baby Mario & Luigi
- Geno
- Young Link (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass version, is not a clone of default Link)
- Wolf Link & Midna
- Ganondorf (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda)
- Vaati
- Mewtwo
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
- Lucario
- Jigglypuff
- Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus)
- Ridley
- Falco (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Krystal
- Ness (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Animal Crosser
- Marth
- Roy
- K.Rool
- Black Shadow
- Sukapon
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Takamaru
- Ray 01
- Andy
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Err, I think your mixed up.

Hes talking about thealmightygoat who claimed a Rival Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion.

thealmightygoat said:
1. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: RIVAL TRAINER

It's Gary. It's also Blue. It's also McMuffin. Whatever name you chose for him, here he is in his Brawlified glory. He will be Pokemon Trainer's first boss fight at the very beginning of his journey. Rival Trainer fights in a very similar fashion to Pokemon Trainer. He uses three Pokemon, just as PT does. He uses the three starters from Johto in the same evolutionary stages that PT's are: Bayleef, Totodile, and Typhlosion. Win the battle, and you'll be met with another, more menacing foe. Who is it? Not this update.

Rival Trainer is just one of several Pokemon bosses in Subspace Emissary, so if you prefer another, perhaps more sinister Pokemon foe, don't worry: there's plenty. On to the preview!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Err, I think your mixed up.

Hes talking about thealmightygoat who claimed a Rival Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion.
Actually, if that's who he's talking about, then he was the one who is mixed up. I was talking about the roster given by PARANOIANACHOS on the last page, who says the pokemon rival is a playable character. Falco400 then told me that he never said that, so I quoted what the guy said pointing out that he did actually claim that the rival was a playable character that had to be unlocked. Thealmightygoat was never brought up by either of us (I didn't even know he made such an update until you pointed it out), so if Falco400 was referring to him, then he misunderstood who I was talking about.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I'd be really happy if that roster turns out to be true. The only two people i'd prefer to be in would be Ridley and Bowser Jr., but still, it's looking quite rounded.

If it's true, it's great to see Pacman and Bomberman, and Alexia, and it's also neat to see a homage to Nintendo's days as a card making company.

Only time will tell!

BTW, i'm talking about FForceSultan.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I find it strange that every roster I see has K Rool in it. K Rool was my second pick for Brawl after Diddy but I never really thought he had much of a chance! I just want a legit roster to leak! But after Serebii is shooting down all of these rumors, it is just BS that he just doesnt tell us what he knows!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Hah, FForceSultan didn't even get Alexandra Roivas's name correct! As much as I loved Eternal Darkness, there's no way she'll be playable (though it would be awesome). AT maybe, maybe.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I'd be really happy if that roster turns out to be true. The only two people i'd prefer to be in would be Ridley and Bowser Jr., but still, it's looking quite rounded.

If it's true, it's great to see Pacman and Bomberman, and Alexia, and it's also neat to see a homage to Nintendo's days as a card making company.

Only time will tell!

BTW, i'm talking about FForceSultan.
Sorry but it is not true

volbound1700

Smash Master
As I said in another thread, if they truely where prophets, would they not reveal everything all at once instead of small stuff a few days at a time?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
As I said in another thread, if they truely where prophets, would they not reveal everything all at once instead of small stuff a few days at a time?
Not really

When I had the US Pokémon names back this time last year, I couldn't release them yet. When I got the go ahead, I decided it'd be best to release them in increments in order to boost hype and have people keep coming. Plus all at once was a bit dangerous.

But then some **** decided to reveal them all at once and I had to report on them and I ended up being the one in trouble

Problem is, when the big guys know somethin and start leaking, the little people are sometimes known to blackmail others to get hits and such and when the bigger sites and all that dont comply, they reveal all.

Ah what times I had in March last year lol

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats actually how Melee was leaked so I don't find it odd.

And Serebii, one of them (The Goat) said that Char's up B is air slash. . . care to comment?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
well at least the dojo gave us a character so i don't have to rely entirely on leaks for my brawl character news

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I cant be 100% but based on some of my info, its a fake.
Well its always possible my source omitted things, but I think he would have made mention of the thing
Serebii threw the Master Ball!

*shake*...*shake*...*shake*...*click!*

FForceSultan was caught! Would you like to give a nickname to FForceSultan?
:chuckle:

Fake methinks

Actually completely lol
Gosh, Serebii, you're just taking down rumors left and right! I didn't even have time to come up with a silly Poké-comparison!

The mii changing size and weight also sounds unlikely IMO.
The three different generations thing was what signaled me of its falsehood. Glad to know I'm not the only one who took notice. ;)

Sorry but it is not true
Further confirmation! I like it.

Not really

When I had the US Pokémon names back this time last year, I couldn't release them yet. When I got the go ahead, I decided it'd be best to release them in increments in order to boost hype and have people keep coming. Plus all at once was a bit dangerous.

But then some **** decided to reveal them all at once and I had to report on them and I ended up being the one in trouble

Problem is, when the big guys know somethin and start leaking, the little people are sometimes known to blackmail others to get hits and such and when the bigger sites and all that dont comply, they reveal all.

Ah what times I had in March last year lol
Ouch...that sucks. I had no idea it was like that! I remember when the leaks were happening, but I didn't know what kind of a position you were put in once other leakers started joining in. :ohwell:

(If anything, I can at least understand why you're being so tight-lipped about this one lol.)

Na, I'm good without commenting thanks :p
So Air Slash (indirectly) confirmed! :chuckle:

Also, Serebii, am I allowed to post an inference based on what very little you have said and what you have denied? In case it's true, I want to make sure that, in citing your reactions, I don't get you in trouble--you really didn't say anything, it's more what you didn't say and what you implied in so doing. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
w00t for Olimar. ^_^

Some of these rumors have been destroyed, now all I want is Megaman. The podcast proves nothing. Too bad Serebii would not tell his friend of 12 years, who visited him in the hospital, gave him his kidney and took a bullet for him... If Megaman was in Brawl. :laugh:

Black/Light

Smash Master
I still think that, of everyone, goat seems to be the most credible...
Goat and CZ are the only 2 Serebii has had no pointed out contradictions with and Rap is a close 3rd seeing as he claims to toss in lies to make us "think" (serebii deconfirmed afew of rap's things but they could be the lies).

So Im sticking with Goat and CZ on this one. Too bad CZ hasn't said jack sense his last thing and the Goat doesn't do New chars:ohwell:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Goat and CZ are the only 2 Serebii has had no pointed out contradictions with and Rap is a close 3rd seeing as he claims to toss in lies to make us "think" (serebii deconfirmed afew of rap's things but they could be the lies).

So Im sticking with Goat and CZ on this one. Too bad CZ hasn't said jack sense his last thing and the Goat doesn't do New chars:ohwell:
On Saturday, Goat said he was going to reveal a third party company yet to be revealed in Brawl, I am SOOOOOO hoping it is Capcom! *waits anxiously*

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here we go again another leak, fortunately this was deleted as quick as it came. Here is what the "roster" looked like:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Geno

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Gannondorf
WW/PH Link

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.rool

Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kirby
Meta-knight
King DeDeDe

Fox
Falco
Krystal

Lucas
Claus
Jeff

Ike
Marth
Black Knight

Capt. Falcon
Black Shadow

Pit
Wario
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Animal Crossing MC
Captain Olimar
Mii (custom character)
Isaac
Takamaru

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

He says that third party assist trophies do not only include the playable franchise.
Once you collect a trophy, they automatically become AT's.
Stage trophies, when activated by the AT will cause the game to freeze, the screen to flash and you will switch stages based upon which one you activate.
Most of the characters are such unique fighters, almost all could be considered WTF characters.

Do not know whether I believe all of this, luckily at least for once it had Megaman on it!

Yet again Gamefaqs, the dude's name was... I do not remember, too bad it is deleted, so I can't check his username.

Top Bottom