• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
FForceSultan posted his list of stages. It's... Interesting.

He also answered some questions in his latest blog post. I asked him what Olimar's special moves are going to be, and this was his answer...

So I guess we'll see, for sure, if he's got legit information just as soon as the Dojo updates with Olimar's specials.
Its missing some that I know of so I think its fake

Reyairia

Smash Champion
In reality, the more anonymous a supposed leak is, the higher chance it's real cause a smart leaker will want to try to avoid trouble.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Lo and behold, Serebii speaks again. It's got to be aggravating KNOWING and not being able to say anything. I admire your restraint, man. The way you constantly say correcting anyone who says Mewtwo isn't being replaced by Lucario though tells me that It's either Mewtwo or both getting in. That's just my thinking. Anyways, good luck not bursting from your knowledge, man. I'm personally hoping for the Pokefloats stage back though. I enjoyed that stage, honestly.

I find something interesting though. Every single PC who's got games on the NES/SNES/N64 have had their games tacked onto the VC. Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, and I just saw Star Tropics added as well. What would REALLY seal the deal is Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 showing up soon.

...... Okay. This is driving me nuts. Who the heck is drawing that CUTE Zero Suit Samus art I see all of you using. That is just making me SMILE! If there's more where that comes from, I WANT to see it!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I like how Serebii avoids answering questions on thealmightygoat. It's making me wonder if what he's been told corresponds with this 'prophet'.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
The thing with this goat character is that if he doesn't intend to reveal any characters, then there's not much point in him revealing anything at all. Items, SSE bosses, assist trophies and even stages, I can wait for. Right now all I care about are playabe characters, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Rockface Rumble and Cavern Caprice from Donkey Kong Country 3 will be music.
Wow, if it's true that Rockface Rumble is a music I'd be really happy. I loved the music, and the stages were it plays.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
The thing with this goat character is that if he doesn't intend to reveal any characters, then there's not much point in him revealing anything at all. Items, SSE bosses, assist trophies and even stages, I can wait for. Right now all I care about are playabe characters, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.
This is indeed a fact, however once characters start getting revealed, people believe that their wishlists are too impossible to comprehend, thus disbelieving what they have to say. That, my friend, would be this majority you speak of. =D Plus, revealing bosses eliminates playable characters in most cases, so just look out for those. =]

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
FForceSultan keeps posting tons of info. He's either the most dedicated fake we've seen yet (which is probably the most likely) or he's really onto something. He has been posting such a good deal of info that some of it is bound to start showing up in the Dojo, or things in the Dojo will start discrediting him. I think the difference between him and TheAlmightyGoat is simply that Goat is doing less to put his information up for confirmation.

There's nothing that I've been made aware of, though, that makes it sound like they're telling different stories. If anyone could point out where TheAlmightyGoat and FForceSultan have contradicted each other, that'd be worth noting.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I found one contradiction! Unless Balloon Fighter and Balloon Kid are 2 different people, thealmightygoat claims that character to be an AT, whereas FForceSultan claims said character to be playable!!

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
thealmightygoat has new info!! Link: http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat

I'll just post what he said here if you guys don't feel like clicking the link. =P

"1. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: DR. EGGMAN

Did anyone actually deny this one? If you did, then I am shocked. Today was a good day, considering Olimar was released, so now I can safely say that Olimar and Mario will be fighting Dr. Eggman in one instance, while Meta Knight and Ice Climbers fighting him in another. In the first scenario, Olimar and Mario will be exploring a
temple when they encounter Eggman. He is in his traditional aircraft, but has turned an Emperor Bulbax into a Badnik from Sonic fame. It is quite a battle, as you must defeat both to win. In the second scenario, Eggman returns once more in a glacier to fight Meta Knight and Ice Climbers. This time, he has turned an army of Ice Climbers enemies into Badniks and fights in his Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2. The Badniks are not necessary to defeat, but Eggman is. He is not so much a threat in the game; he is more of a nuisance. He appears one other time, but I cannot say when just yet. Depends on how the Dojo updates go....

2. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: MAYOR TORTIMER

What!?! The old mayor!?! How can this be? Well, he becomes possessed at a certain point in the game by a major foe: Ganondorf. He uses his dark magic to turn Tortimer against all others while exploring Smashville. You fight him with Diddy Kong and Samus, who meet in the ocean. They take a small lifeboat to Smashville. Where do they get the lifeboat? They get it from a very famous ship, but more on that on a later date. Tortimer uses his cane to fire dark blasts of energy at other enemies. He is also incredibly fast due to the magic, and he can float, too? Wow. Talk about insane. But in Subspace, anything can happen.

PREVIEW: Friday already? To celebrate, I've got a very special update all lined up for you. It's not as cool as Saturday's will be, but trust me, it'll be a good one. It'll be a triple update, and I'll talk about some of the game modes in Smash. One update pertains to trophies, one pertains to the Stage Builder, and the last one is about Event Mode. See you tomorrow!"

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I got a rumor, this just in, check this out.

Everything we've seen for Brawl?

Lies.

All of it.

Every character we've seen is out. They've all been replaced by Batman.

No? It was funnier in my head. I probably shouldn't even post this.

ooooooooh well...click!

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Just to be sure people see this information, I'll post it up again. =P It's new info. from thealmightygoat btw. =]

"1. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: DR. EGGMAN

Did anyone actually deny this one? If you did, then I am shocked. Today was a good day, considering Olimar was released, so now I can safely say that Olimar and Mario will be fighting Dr. Eggman in one instance, while Meta Knight and Ice Climbers fighting him in another. In the first scenario, Olimar and Mario will be exploring a
temple when they encounter Eggman. He is in his traditional aircraft, but has turned an Emperor Bulbax into a Badnik from Sonic fame. It is quite a battle, as you must defeat both to win. In the second scenario, Eggman returns once more in a glacier to fight Meta Knight and Ice Climbers. This time, he has turned an army of Ice Climbers enemies into Badniks and fights in his Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2. The Badniks are not necessary to defeat, but Eggman is. He is not so much a threat in the game; he is more of a nuisance. He appears one other time, but I cannot say when just yet. Depends on how the Dojo updates go....

2. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: MAYOR TORTIMER

What!?! The old mayor!?! How can this be? Well, he becomes possessed at a certain point in the game by a major foe: Ganondorf. He uses his dark magic to turn Tortimer against all others while exploring Smashville. You fight him with Diddy Kong and Samus, who meet in the ocean. They take a small lifeboat to Smashville. Where do they get the lifeboat? They get it from a very famous ship, but more on that on a later date. Tortimer uses his cane to fire dark blasts of energy at other enemies. He is also incredibly fast due to the magic, and he can float, too? Wow. Talk about insane. But in Subspace, anything can happen.

PREVIEW: Friday already? To celebrate, I've got a very special update all lined up for you. It's not as cool as Saturday's will be, but trust me, it'll be a good one. It'll be a triple update, and I'll talk about some of the game modes in Smash. One update pertains to trophies, one pertains to the Stage Builder, and the last one is about Event Mode. See you tomorrow!"

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I found one contradiction! Unless Balloon Fighter and Balloon Kid are 2 different people, thealmightygoat claims that character to be an AT, whereas FForceSultan claims said character to be playable!!
I don't believe they are the same character, no. The only mention that FForceSultan made of Balloon Fighter was in reference to a character from the Balloon Fight franchise, named Alice. He claims she has the Balloon Fighter helmet as an unlockable costume.

And is it just me, or could the SS Anne, which FForceSultan claimed, fit the description of the "Famous Ship" that TheAlmightGoat just mentioned? Is it okay for you to say "No, that's not in the game", Serebii? A "deconfirmation" would be helpful in sorting this out.

Also - Serebii - I'm not trying to ask a trick question to fish info, so please be nondescript - but assuming he is, just how off target are FForceSultan's claims? Is he entirely wrong, or is he just missing bits and pieces?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
As I said, that stage list he provided does not contain some data that my source sent me and also includes some mine didnt, whether its real or fake, I'm calling fake due to the lack of data...

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I want to believe this solely for the fact that a possesed Tortimer is a boss in Subspace.

Seriously, what is this going to spoil next? Maybe that Eggman fights Olimar and Mario in SE.

Oh, wait....he does....

I seriously hope all this is true!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Who spoke about Zelda's final smash? I remember reading that someone mentioned it.

Well, if it's not this, they're lying:

EDIT - It was FForceSultan. I think he's out of the window. It is possible that the arrows are her down B, but given the importance of them in the Zelda games, i'd say it's more likely they're her FS

he said that her FS summoned the goddesses.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Who spoke about Zelda's final smash? I remember reading that someone mentioned it.

Well, if it's not this, they're lying:

EDIT - It was FForceSultan. I think he's out of the window. It is possible that the arrows are her down B, but given the importance of them in the Zelda games, i'd say it's more likely they're her FS

he said that her FS summoned the goddesses.
Not to mention the glow around Zelda confirms this is the FS

Said from the start that FForceSultan was fake, some of his stuff didnt match to mine, this confirms it lol

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Finally we can truly debunk someone but proper. Ironic that FForceSultan (FS) got pwned on being wrong about a character's FS.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was contacted weirdly enough, and someone told me that Megaman, Ridley and Geno were not in Brawl. But that Knuckles, Sylux and Wart were in?!?

Yeah... Leaving out probably the three most wanted characters in Brawl, and putting in three characters that nobody gives a crap about. Gosh, if it is not one of them someone claims to be gone it is the other. Seriously, why can not all three of them be in? Proves the point to be made on the liars.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I'd be willing to put up money that FForceSultan is just going to say that she fires the arrow after the triforce hits a character and thus can get away with continuing his "leak." He's smart, he picked all characters that are very improbable to be in the game and thus unlikely to be disproven on the dojo. I'm still going to watch him, just because his ideas are almost obscenely creative.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
Zelda final smash's FForceSultan out of credibility. I'm a defender of "you never know for sure", but this just proves the guy was making stuff up. As much as I liked his roster, thought it had some good concepts, and would have been a good game - this is the end of the line for it. I think this also may end up killing the 2ch leak that said Shiek was seperate, as that "Twilight Transform" sounds pretty familliar.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
FForceSultan, I distrust; just like the Rapscouter, ChaoticImplosion, heck everyone since November I do not believe. I think the only person who REALLY knows insider info is Serebii, and notice he is not spilling everything.

This game is different than Melee, they are not going to allow very many leaks before the games release. They want to keep as many suprises as possible until the Japanese release.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Olimar was on MY predicted list as next and I put it in DOJO order too...

OMFG I must be a prophet!!!
Hang his ***!

Well, he becomes possessed at a certain point in the game by a major foe: Ganondorf. He uses his dark magic to turn Tortimer against all others while exploring Smashville. Y

Yeah.....suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
@ Serebii: thanks for sticking around. ;) I appreciate it, and I'm sure that plenty more of us do as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I have another fake roster, this time my friend sent me this saying that some guy told him it when he went to a gaming store. The guy knew a little about Brawl is what he said; I do not know though, I think either my friend or the employee is on something:

I have information on the final roster, here please take a look.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Samus Aran
Princess Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Princess Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta-knight
Lucas
King DeDeDe
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Captain Olimar and Pikmin

Here are the newcomers:

Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
King K.Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Lucario (Pokemon D/P)
Ridley (Metroid)
Wolf (Star Fox 64)
Megaman (Megaman)
Midna (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Claus (Mother 3)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jō)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
R.O.B (NES) (WTF)

Here are the returning characters:

Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Marth
Sheik

Ness is pretty much the same as before, Lucas has very different standard, smash, and aerial attacks, as well as throws. The only similarity is there special moves, which is kind of like a Mario/Luigi thing, pretty much the same except one different move.

So Serebii if you can get to cracking this that would be appreciated.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, he says there is a playable one and he is the most WTF character ever since G&W. I know, this is a sorta akward roster. But as much as I trust my friend, he may either be pulling my chain or totally misguided.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
It's a good, believable roster, I just think R.O.B. is a bit difficult to swallow after his place in the Dojo updates. Who is this game store fellow and why would he know? I'm not questioning your friend, but the fellow before him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's a good, believable roster, I just think R.O.B. is a bit difficult to swallow after his place in the Dojo updates. Who is this game store owner and why would he know?
At least it would be a WTF character, he said it was a Gamestop he went too and that he got into a discussion with an employee about Megaman not being in Brawl, and Marios hat, and then it led to him (the employee) saying he knew the roster. So he told my friend, my friend e-mailed it back to me and here it is know.

Considering though the other day I was talking to him about a guy that said R.O.B was a playable character, I think he might be pulling my chain. Maybe not, I trust my friend, he normally does not pull thigs like this.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
That's a cool roster, it would make most people happy. The R.O.B. makes me a skeptic, but it's believable that he could be playable. Perhaps he defies his creators and joins the 'good guys' if you will in Subspace. There are a number of ways an enemy could become an ally/playable character. We'll see.

(But rainman would be a cooler WTF character. C'mon, it's 1800s Nintendo! XD)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's a cool roster, it would make most people happy. The R.O.B. makes me a skeptic, but it's believable that he could be playable. Perhaps he defies his creators and joins the 'good guys' if you will in Subspace. There are a number of ways an enemy could become an ally/playable character. We'll see.

(But rainman would be a cooler WTF character. C'mon, it's 1800s Nintendo! XD)
Or maybe the R.O.B army is only the servants to King R.O.B, who is actually good, but his servants were taken over by the Ancient Minister and he was dethroned. So he joins with Mario to take down the AM and to reclaim his family! XD :laugh: :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather have Prof Hector playable and his moves involving ROB

Top Bottom