• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd rather have Prof Hector playable and his moves involving ROB
All I know is one guy on hear who knows something about Brawl gave only 3 characters he could confirm were in Brawl, 2 were returning characters and the other one was an actual playable R.O.B. He said it was a pre-build beta version though so other characters could have been added since.

Than my friend says the same thing today so it is interesting...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's probably fake but CLAUS + Takamaru = <3. Pity that it's probably fake. :ohwell:
Most likely some of the characters are probably not in, the majority probably are. I am skeptical on Midna being the next Zelda rep, Takamaru, Ness and R.O.B.

I am still waiting for Serebii to say something, I would really like to know so that way I could tell my friend he was duped or he is a fat liar!

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Were probably getting more Japan-only characters, Sakurai's proven that he's doing whatever the hell he pleases when making this game. He already added two Japanese only songs in the Pikmin series.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Most likely some of the characters are probably not in, the majority probably are. I am skeptical on Midna being the next Zelda rep, Takamaru, Ness and R.O.B.

I am still waiting for Serebii to say something, I would really like to know so that way I could tell my friend he was duped or he is a fat liar!
Stop expecting anything from Serebii, really. He's already proven he's just a total tease about what information he has and that he won't reveal anything. Serebii being a liar or not really is rather irrelevant because he barely's said anything. So just chill about him.

That and he rushes to the mention of anything said against him like a moth to flame.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Stop expecting anything from Serebii, really. He's already proven he's just a total tease about what information he has and that he won't reveal anything. Serebii being a liar or not really is rather irrelevant because he barely's said anything. So just chill about him.

That and he rushes to the mention of anything said against him like a moth to flame.
I take it you are not a big proponent of his. :\

Anyways, I like this roster, R.O.B would be a great WTF character, Megaman and Geno are in so that finishes up all of my wishes. Falco being cut, but having Wolf in Krystal is sad but cool at the same time; noticed no Mewtwo, but instead Lucario. Really interesting roster, I would really love this to be true.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I will now make a prediction

The R.O.B.'s in Brawl were actually created by Prof. Hector who was forced to create them to serve the SSE Army. During the SSE, you arrive in the SSE's "War factory" - Don't quote me on the name (Think Mario RPG, Smithy's facotry) where you can rescue Prof. Hector....

He joins you and fights with a good R.O.B.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I take it you are not a big proponent of his. :\

Anyways, I like this roster, R.O.B would be a great WTF character, Megaman and Geno are in so that finishes up all of my wishes. Falco being cut, but having Wolf in Krystal is sad but cool at the same time; noticed no Mewtwo, but instead Lucario. Really interesting roster, I would really love this to be true.
Serebii has good qualities and bad qualities, like anyone. What he does for the Pokemon community is incredible and commendable.

But coming here and dangling his knowledge in front of our faces is not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
BTW, whoever does the "leak" index, you should take down Vatro Xu as well, he said that Sheik is not playable. Yet it has been confirmed today that Zelda has a move called "Twilight Change," which obviously is Sheik.

<i>-Deconfirmation: Sheik (Zelda's special moves have not been stated, thus might be setting us up for a Sheik deconfirmation; almightygoat, ChaoticImplosion & ChaosZero have said Sheik is in the game)</i>

I think ChaoticImplosion is lying as well, he says Krystal is an AT, even though I dislike her I SEVERELY doubt she is not playable. Also, the new Ness moveset he has does not relate to Earthbound in ANYWAY. No Megaman, Bomberman, Krystal or Bowser Jr. but Wolf?

And Rapscouter, Serebii has confirmed that Saffron City is not returning, plus the whole throw in three lies, is just an excuse that if some do not come true he can claim it was the lie he put in.

-Saffron City, Sector Z, Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom and Dream Land will return with improved graphics.

the 2Channel leak is probably false as well, Capt. Falcon I highly doubt is a newcomer. Baby Mario Bros, Vaati, Wolf Link and Midna as well as Marth AND Roy. If the Baby Mario Bros did not give it away...

So FForceSultan, ChaoticImplosion, 2Channel, Vatro Xu, and Rapscouter are all debunked in my mind. Now all that is left is ChaosZero and Thealmightygoat.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
^^^Twilight Change doesn't sound like Sheik to me...
Twilight CHANGE! The guy who did the model design for Sheik said he gave her a new TP-sorta look, so maybe that is her changing into TP-esque Sheik.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And people believe him on this? Just how many "thealmightygoats" with an interest in video games are there.
Well, I'm just saying...You don't have proof it was him

Doesn't really matter either way, he IS lying

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And people believe him on this? Just how many "thealmightygoats" with an interest in video games are there.
I think all of these leakers are the same group of people and all in the end will be false, it is officially starting right now. T

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
From my last count...2 apparently...or one...probably one

And hey FlipTroopa I hope you didn't DL that supposed beta leak because the one I found was a fake...at least that's what this picture is supposed to show...

It was Mario Strikers, not Smash and apparently will brick your Wii. So unless there's some actual pictures and vids coming out of it, we can assume fake.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
From my last count...2 apparently...or one...probably one

And hey FlipTroopa I hope you didn't DL that supposed beta leak because the one I found was a fake...at least that's what this picture is supposed to show...

It was Mario Strikers, not Smash and apparently will brick your Wii. So unless there's some actual pictures and vids coming out of it, we can assume fake.
I don't even own a Wii XD I'm safe

All these leaks are making me thirsty...

...for GREAT JUSTICE! Let's just all jack a plane and fly to Sakurai's house and beat him up for the roster. We can get a guy who's good with ropes to band him, if any of us can box we can rough him up a bit, I can of course not go to avoid getting in any real trouble :laugh:

This is driving me frigging insane...

Almightygoat's yet to be disproven by Serebii, and he's avoided, thus far, debunking any roster that includes Lucario and lacks Mewtwo. So there's our concrete info. Though Serebii does imply that something CHANGED from what he heard and what goat posted, though after goat already removed the rival as being false information. Hmm...

Also, in the stage list Sultan provides Serebii points out that it LACKS stages he knows and FABRICATES others. He deconfirmed Saffron City in an earlier post, but does this include the S.S. Anne as well? Goat implies it is in the game as well, which Serebii may have deconfirmed per what I said in the last paragraph.

@Serebii - Are the Pokemon stages in Brawl interesting ideas or what? Same old "Stadium" type stuff, or will we see more diverse locales?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
^
FlipTroopa, I was HeyNoTrace. I said there would be 38 characters, Ridley would not be one of them, 3 veterans not returning, Sheik and Ness playable, among a bunch of other stuff...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
My Leak thread has been adjusted.

Vatro Xu, FForceSultan & 2Channel leak have all been debunked (Surprisingly, all due to that one picture of Zelda w/ Light Arrows that refers to Zelda's "Twilight Transform").

I cannot debunk the others without official proof.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Almightygoat's yet to be disproven by Serebii, and he's avoided, thus far, debunking any roster that includes Lucario and lacks Mewtwo. So there's our concrete info. Though Serebii does imply that something CHANGED from what he heard and what goat posted, though after goat already removed the rival as being false information. Hmm...
Don't you mean he's debunking rosters that include Mewtwo and lack Lucario?

And also, I didn't notice that the rival trainer was part of the false info. So he's saying that the rival trainer will NOT be in the game?

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Samus Aran
Princess Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Princess Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta-knight
Lucas
King DeDeDe
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Captain Olimar and Pikmin

Here are the newcomers:

Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
King K.Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Lucario (Pokemon D/P)
Ridley (Metroid)
Wolf (Star Fox 64)
Megaman (Megaman)
Midna (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Claus (Mother 3)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jō)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
R.O.B (NES) (WTF)

Here are the returning characters:

Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Marth
Sheik
Even though it lacks Mewtwo, who had an original moveset and I think there would be no point in removing, this roster is awesome... I hope the roster looks like this.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Rob already Deconfirmed as a Subspace Enemy? As for Serebii, for about as useful as he is regarding Pokemon, he is equally worthless regarding smash bros. Everyone basically says he is the ONLY one who actually has any inside info. I personally don't believe anyone that has yet come forth and it pisses me off. I REALLY want a roster leak, and the fact that we haven't gotten one so soon to the release date confuses me.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Even though it lacks Mewtwo, who had an original moveset and I think there would be no point in removing, this roster is awesome... I hope the roster looks like this.
Um...where did you get that, since I think I might wanna add that to my leak thread. However, I need a citation, if possible.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Isn't Rob already Deconfirmed as a Subspace Enemy?
We do not know if there is a playable version, 2 people claim to know that there is a playable version; a somewhat more credible source and my friend who may not know jack.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Um...where did you get that, since I think I might wanna add that to my leak thread. However, I need a citation, if possible.
My friend just said he got the info from some Gamespot employee, I would not go adding it right away. I need to verifiy this to see if my friend is not lying.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda curious what Claus's moveset would be? Him and Takamaru are the only characters I have no idea anything about, but I assume Takamaru will be a generic samurai. But who's Claus and what kind of moves would he get? More PK "..." moves? Or is he different?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
My friend just said he got the info from some Gamespot employee, I would not go adding it right away. I need to verifiy this to see if my friend is not lying.
Please verify it, because if it is from a decent source, I can add it to the "leak" post I made. Starphoenix, you are the prophet bounty hunter of the day, I swear :D You pointed out Vatro Xu as a hoax, and I thank you for that :D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Please verify it, because if it is from a decent source, I can add it to the "leak" post I made. Starphoenix, you are the prophet bounty hunter of the day, I swear :D You pointed out Vatro Xu as a hoax, and I thank you for that :D
As I told someone in on the Geno boards, I actually run a little (very tiny) makeshift blog that tracks Brawl rumor and news. Sometimes I have to pretend I believe them, you never know how many names they have... Then I start asking tricky questions like Megaman, Geno's legal status, cut characters, etc... If it seems fishy I expose them and gather evidence, the only people credible right now are ChaosZero, Serebii and I think his name is ShadowXOR. That is pretty much it, everyone else is incredibly false.

Also, I was right my friend was joking, that roster is a gag. Still a cool list none the less, but do not believe it though.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Ok, there's this other guy, "Rezanore". I started watching when someone brought him up. I checked him and that goat person.

The goat person posted this first, @ 6:17 AM:

First off, I noticed that I seemed to have made a fatal mistake. In yesterday's update, I seem to have accidentally revealed something I made a vow not to: I know the Brawl roster. In order to avoid this situation, I tried to lie by saying I did not know it. But now the secret's out, and I beg of you not to ask me about any new characters. I will not reveal anything. Wait until the roster is leaked by another source, and then we'll talk. Anyways, another thing I noticed is that I was notified by a fellow Gamespot user that I said a 3rd Party character would be revealed this week and that I lied. I never said that, all I had said is that I heard that two more characters would be revealed this month, which turned out to be false based on untrue info given to me. I may say once again this: I'm no prophet. I'm no troll. I will reveal info I feel is necessary. Also, to clarify something that I've also been messaged about multiple times: the info I am revealing are bits and pieces I have collected over time. I do not get this info daily. Only if I am struggling to find info I ask, which has happened very little thusfar. Today's update is one of those. I have lots of minor info left to reveal, but I figured after yesterday's emergency situation, I owe it to you guys.

1. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: DR. EGGMAN

Did anyone actually deny this one? If you did, then I am shocked. Today was a good day, considering Olimar was released, so now I can safely say that Olimar and Mario will be fighting Dr. Eggman in one instance, while Meta Knight and Ice Climbers fighting him in another. In the first scenario, Olimar and Mario will be exploring a temple when they encounter Eggman. He is in his traditional aircraft, but has turned an Emperor Bulbax into a Badnik from Sonic fame. It is quite a battle, as you must defeat both to win. In the second scenario, Eggman returns once more in a glacier to fight Meta Knight and Ice Climbers. This time, he has turned an army of Ice Climbers enemies into Badniks and fights in his Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2. The Badniks are not necessary to defeat, but Eggman is. He is not so much a threat in the game; he is more of a nuisance. He appears one other time, but I cannot say when just yet. Depends on how the Dojo updates go....

2. NEW SUBSPACE EMISSARY BOSS: MAYOR TORTIMER

What!?! The old mayor!?! How can this be? Well, he becomes possessed at a certain point in the game by a major foe: Ganondorf. He uses his dark magic to turn Tortimer against all others while exploring Smashville. You fight him with Diddy Kong and Samus, who meet in the ocean. They take a small lifeboat to Smashville. Where do they get the lifeboat? They get it from a very famous ship, but more on that on a later date. Tortimer uses his cane to fire dark blasts of energy at other enemies. He is also incredibly fast due to the magic, and he can float, too? Wow. Talk about insane. But in Subspace, anything can happen.

Two new bosses in one update. I thought it would be pretty cool. How do you guys feel? Post comments, please, I love to hear what you think of the new info and the blog!
PREVIEW: Friday already? To celebrate, I've got a very special update all lined up for you. It's not as cool as Saturday's will be, but trust me, it'll be a good one. It'll be a triple update, and I'll talk about some of the game modes in Smash. One update pertains to trophies, one pertains to the Stage Builder, and the last one is about Event Mode. See you tomorrow!
Ok. Now that Rezanore kid says this:

So yes, im back again with more info. This info is by me, and is from me. I have no source except for myself.

Snakes final smash- Oh, why just yesterday I said that it would use an explosion and look what happens?

Geno for Brawl- Many people want to know, is he in? Well the answer is yes. And he fires lasers and stars and, really, hes just a shooting power house fiend.

A battle with Eggman, well, you have to fight him 3 times, once in the temple, another in the ice, and lastly, right before the battle with Bowser. Dr.Eggman's last form is a fight in space with Super Sonic, that and an infinite Final Smash makes thing much more exciting. You must hurry and stop Eggman from reaching the Space Colony Ark. He plans on destroying all worlds and then building them from the ground up. Of course, there are many villians in this game, each with there own unique motive.

How many event matches are there? 120

What do you get for beating 15 min melee- Unlock Past Stage Temple

100 man melee- Wolf

How many trophies? Waaaaaay over 300. I diddnt get to unlock all of them at the time I played.

Final Roster number- 40
His was posted at 2:09 PM.

Ok, first off, it's almost as if they're both saying the same thing. But I have a feeling this Rezanore guy just copied off what Goat guy said. :p

Also why would Sakurai show the Past Stages: Temple if it had to be unlocked first...?

All and all, if I had the game and I was playing it, I'd stop eating and drinking to play through it, set up my camera (even if it was a cell phone camera), and get some evidence. Maybe they can't show it because they are being watched while playing it or something, but still, I'd take a snapshot (picture) AND RUN LIKE HELL for proof, or set my fingers a'blazin sending that picture to an email to get off and then post.

There IS something else I'd like to add about this, but it's a different discussion.

People complain that it's in daily updates like this. Well, when Serebii started revealing info on the Pokemon games, he did it in small updates. "Here's 3 new Pokemon..." along with spoiler tags.

FYE.

In a way I wish that one ISO thing was real that way we could put all of this to rest. :(

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Rezanore is BS.

Snake using an explosion? NO **** SHERLOCK

The rest is copy paste, and he added that part as an educated guess, same guess I had before I even read his. IMO the final roster will have 45

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Don't you mean he's debunking rosters that include Mewtwo and lack Lucario?

And also, I didn't notice that the rival trainer was part of the false info. So he's saying that the rival trainer will NOT be in the game?
Yeah, goat admitted the Rival was FALSE, so he went ahead and updated again that night. Whatever the rival was with was false as well. This is great, because having the rival contradicted his own claims that Blaziken was Pokeball'd :laugh:

And yeah, thanks for the Serebii correction. It's rosters w/ Mewtwo and no Lucario he debunks. But the gist is the same: Lucario is in, Mewtwo may or may not be out.

Top Bottom