• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
We've got another one...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40709818

With all this talk about fake leaks and the revealing of Captain Olimar I’ve decided to reveal what I know about Brawl. The boards are at an uproar and I’ve had just about enough of it. The only way I can put my mind at rest is to do exactly what I am doing now, and that is spilling the beans on everything I am fortunate enough to know about this wonderful game

I know most of you will not believe me but that does not matter to me in the least. Then why post it? Because it is something I feel I must do. Why is my karma count so low? Why must everyone base the credibility of a person on their karma count? But of course, I have done what most of the false “prophets” have decided to do regarding their accounts: used a new one just to update this post.

The first thing I will address happens to be the debunking of all the sad, sad rumors on the boards. Just because a character has a small fanbase the bulk of the boards begin to believe that their inclusion is inevitable.

No more 3rd party characters are in the roster

Geno is not in the game in any form

Lucario is not playable

Wolf is not playable

There is no Paper Mario representation

Miis will not be playable or represented

Now that that is out of the way I’d like to express how I do not like the way Sakurai updates his dojo. The way the English translates makes some things hard to understand and can make one come to false conclusions. Especially with the Samus/ZSS listed as separate character profiles on the site.

Ness is playable

As far as the world icons goes, just because there are icons for stages doesn’t necessarily mean that there is a playable character to go along with it, and vice versa.

There is no Animal Crosser playable character representation

There is no DS character representation

Since we’re talking about the world icons here I’ll go ahead and say that there are only two more to be revealed: Mr. G&W’s icon and the Golden Sun series.

Tomorrow night I'll be updating the full character list.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
The official artwork is not pink, Link was never meant to have Pink hair in that game...Your ****ing blind
...then...why did he?...if you can't plainly see it, he has pink hair and there's definitely yellow areas in the game so there's no excuse for it really...

not like it really matters in this instance, because the fact of the matter is if he does get pink hair so be it...it's not like it'll stop someone from buying the game it's just a bloody costume...and since his hair WAS pink whether or not it was MEANT to be- there's no issue here. It was, plain and simple and to make the argument it wasn't MEANT to be is null and void.

Pit was MEANT to be in the original smash and melee. But he wasn't. Doesn't mean jack now, does it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...then...why did he?...if you can't plainly see it, he has pink hair and there's definitely yellow areas in the game so there's no excuse for it really...

not like it really matters in this instance, because the fact of the matter is if he does get pink hair so be it...it's not like it'll stop someone from buying the game it's just a bloody costume...and since his hair WAS pink whether or not it was MEANT to be- there's no issue here. It was, plain and simple and to make the argument it wasn't MEANT to be is null and void.

Pit was MEANT to be in the original smash and melee. But he wasn't. Doesn't mean jack now, does it?
It doesn't matter 'cause the official artwork looked different...They can't accurately show him in a Small sprite anyway

He's not getting Pink hair anyway so why the hell does it matter in the first place.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter if the official artwork looked different...They can't accurately show him in a Small sprite

He's not getting Pink hair anyway so why the hell does it matter in the first place.
...I'm not entirely sure this argument makes any sense at all...if they can't "accurately" show him in a small sprite w/ SNES graphics how come they can with NES ones?...

we don't know he's not getting pink hair...could be an alternate costume we haven't seen yet...just because a prophet said it and is lying doesn't mean he couldn't guess pretty well...

new one is fake...lucario is in...Serebii implied it so :p

and yeah...I'd believe Serebii over any of these prophets, after all these years getting my info from him before...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I'm not entirely sure this argument makes any sense at all...if they can't "accurately" show him in a small sprite w/ SNES graphics how come they can with NES ones?...

we don't know he's not getting pink hair...could be an alternate costume we haven't seen yet...just because a prophet said it and is lying doesn't mean he couldn't guess pretty well...

new one is fake...lucario is in...Serebii implied it so :p

and yeah...I'd believe Serebii over any of these prophets, after all these years getting my info from him before...
Of course he's not getting pink hair. And I never said an 8-bit sprite could better represent him better anyway. I don't know why the sprite has pink hair or whatever but officially and canonically he has Brown hair in A link to the Past

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Official Artwork for that game

LOFL to you
ROFL to you thats a soundtrack. And it's the sound track for link to the past and the orginal wich is why no pink hair. a alternate color with pink hair would be great. I know alot of people whose first zelda game was that one (me included) so it would be great.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROFL to you thats a soundtrack. And it's the sound track for link to the past and the orginal wich is why no pink hair. a alternate color with pink hair would be great. I know alot of people whose first zelda game was that one (me included) so it would be great.
I know what the **** it is, it's the official soundtrack for A Link to the Past with the official artwork...

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Of course he's not getting pink hair. And I never said an 8-bit sprite could better represent him better anyway. I don't know why the sprite has pink hair or whatever but officially and canonically he has Brown hair in A link to the Past
He's not? You've played the game?!? wow...and we have all these prophets yet you haven't confirmed anything?...oh wait, no that's not right- you must be assuming...

...like the people who assumed Ice Climbers wouldn't be back...or assumed that Snake and Sonic wouldn't be secret...am I making my point?

There's no proof he won't have pink hair, so whatever you do don't assume things. It's a costume, and it definitely makes Link look different than he did before...color swaps are easy, and I could see it...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's not? You've played the game?!? wow...and we have all these prophets yet you haven't confirmed anything?...oh wait, no that's not right- you must be assuming...

...like the people who assumed Ice Climbers wouldn't be back...or assumed that Snake and Sonic wouldn't be secret...am I making my point?

There's no proof he won't have pink hair, so whatever you do don't assume things. It's a costume, and it definitely makes Link look different than he did before...color swaps are easy, and I could see it...
WE already know his alternate colors and no one but Wario has alternate costumes....

Maybe you should actually read the DOJO

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kids, SHUT THE **** UP. If any of you were AROUND when Link to the Past was released, you'd know that the game DOES give Link pink hair IN-GAME and that the official ART for the game gives him brown. But the official art for Super Mario Bros. shows Mario wearing red and blue overalls when, clearly, in-game he is wearing red and brown.

SO STFU

The newest leaker is a fake. And that roster on 2chan has to be fake too--it's too clean.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kids, SHUT THE **** UP. If any of you were AROUND when Link to the Past was released, you'd know that the game DOES give Link pink hair IN-GAME and that the official ART for the game gives him brown. But the official art for Super Mario Bros. shows Mario wearing red and blue overalls when, clearly, in-game he is wearing red and brown.

SO STFU

The newest leaker is a fake. And that roster on 2chan has to be fake too--it's too clean.
Kids? That's funny...

I know his sprite has pink hair, but the official artwork has Brown

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
It's got to be a lie...

The game DOES have Mii integration, and being in Brawl, even if not a playable character, counts as representation.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kids? That's funny...

Well, how else do people who break up arguments get attention? :laugh:

Almightygoat got another blow today: if Tortimer is a boss, why is his trophy available through the "slot machine?" All bosses are only gotten via Trophy Stands...
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various20/various20_071227i-l.jpg

And a Japanese leaker has leaked the secret characters. Lemme find them so I can post the list...

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice

SO STFU

Thank you Flip...I was getting annoyed there...one reason I don't reply on here much, I get annoyed too easily...I'd reply to him again, but enough is enough...

...and I was around back then Flip...I just didn't play as many games...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Kids? That's funny...

Sooo? Whats the point of this? Back than a crap load of games artwork didn't match what was in game. . . just look at old mega man cover art (nasy).

Link had pink hair at one point. . . the end.:ohwell:

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm gonna use Petey Pirahna as a thealmightygoat shield.

Ya remember when Petey had a boss update? Ya remember when he had a Smash Icon instead of a Mushroom Kingdom one?

Well, perhaps Tortimer does have two trophies. One represents his Animal Crossing self, and one represents his Subspace Emissary self. The Subspace Emissary self could very well be "Puppet Tortimer" or "Shadow Tortimer" or whatever. The point is, they CAN change a character to fit the needs of Brawl. They can also have multiple trophies of one character. Let's see:

-Kirby: Classic Trophy
-Kirby: Adventure Trophy
-Kirby: All-Star Trophy
-Kirby: Hats 1
-Kirby: Hats 2
-Kirby: Hats 3
-Kirby: Hats 4
-Kirby: Hats 5
-Fighter Kirby
-Ball Kirby
-Fire Kirby

Totaling up the number of times Kirby appeared in these trophies, he appeared 32 TIMES (26 Hats over 5 trophies). I think there will be two Tortimer trophies if thealmightygoat is true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sooo? Whats the point of this? Back than a crap load of games artwork didn't match what was in game. . . just look at old mega man cover art (nasy).

Link had pink hair at one point. . . the end.:ohwell:
Why the hell do people keep bringing something I said days ago up. Just because I made a comment about R.O.B. of all people

I believe the official artwork more than the sprite because it makes more sense...ALL artwork of that Link had brown hair

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Taken from 2chan, a "leaker" posts this (retyped in English):

--Hidden Characters--
Captain Falcon
Krystal
Sonic
Sheik
Ganondorf *called "Great King of Evil"*
Snake
Marth
Ridley
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Recombination model (available in a non-empty nitrous) *???????*
Ness
Luigi
Lucario
Black Shadow
Very, very likely to be fake. They also post later on that Mewtwo gained Psycho Cutter as his new Side B and that his Final Smash is Psychic, which reverses all other players' controls.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Why the hell do people keep bringing something I said days ago up. Just because I made a comment about R.O.B. of all people

I believe the official artwork more than the sprite because it makes more sense...ALL artwork of that Link had brown hair
Im only commenting cause you all can't seem to get over this.

And he had pink hair in the game. Theres simply no reason to do that unleast they wanted him to have pink hair. Really, what the hell are you all agrueing about?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Im only commenting cause you all can't seem to get over this.

And he had pink hair in the game. Theres simply no reason to do that unleast they wanted him to have pink hair. Really, what the hell are you all agrueing about?
I'm arguing because someone yelled at me because of an arguement I was having with someone else and when I tried to defend myself against this new attacker everyone else joined in against me.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Taken from 2chan, a "leaker" posts this (retyped in English):

Very, very likely to be fake. They also post later on that Mewtwo gained Psycho Cutter as his new Side B and that his Final Smash is Psychic, which reverses all other players' controls.
Mewtwo's Final Smash being Psychic doesn't sound too unreasonable, but reversing controls doesn't seem like something Psychic would be. And Ganondorf being renamed "Great King of Evil" would be much worse than what happened to Olimar....

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's Final Smash being Psychic doesn't sound too unreasonable, but reversing controls doesn't seem like something Psychic would be. And Ganondorf being renamed "Great King of Evil" would be much worse than what happened to Olimar....
It's actually a 2chan joke, I've noticed. They call Ganondorf "Great King of Evil," Captain Falcon sometimes is "FARUKON PAUNCH," Mars sometimes becomes "Pretty Mars" or "That girl Mars," and Wario typically becomes "manly Wario" or "that hunk Wario." Japanese people are weird sometimes...

But since I know I'm not double posting anymore, I can happily add that with the game only a few days away from being available to a demo-playing public we should all be very, very happy.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
It does sound reasonable...too bad Serebii won't comment on this one :laugh:

...Mewtwo in?...hmm...I'm so iffy...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think the Mewtwo moveset posted was more of a hypothetical moveset--a "what if?," so to speak.

Seriously, I wouldn't bet on this roster. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey hold up everyone.

DIdn't someone say back there that Olimar had a whip move?

Pikmin Chain

I wonder if that's a whip when used on the ground?
Nya, and I am now VERY curious who Nya said would be playable....

All I know is he said Megaman would not be in the game and apparently the game has only 35 characters

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i do remember hearing a leaker saying olimar had a whip of pikmin move!

don't remember which one tho!

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
It was FFS.

"Olimars attack involved whipping the pikmin around, throwing them, and more. You also have a special which calls them back to you. Depending on the color and the attack you perform it varies. His recovery move involves his pikmin throwing him up in the air. The more you have, the more you can recover."

http://www.gamespot.com/users/FForceSultan/ do a ctrl + f for JPSChampagne, since he asked FFS about Olimar's moves.

Top Bottom