• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow. I really hope this guy is the one prophet who gets it right, because I would be more than happy with that roster.

Roivas? Geno? Pirate K. Rool? That's way more than what I'm asking for.
Yeah, too bad we already know he's a fake...

He just got Squirtles B move wrong too...It's water Gun, not Bubble

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
First, FFS is debunked. He even admits he's lying if you skim through his responses. Sucks, because it was a kinda cool roster.

Secondly, THIS is what NyaNyase said that I could recover:

-Sonic would be revealed on 10-10
-Olimar will be a playable character
-Ness will be returning as a playable character
-"Wind Waker Link" will be a playable character
-We WILL NOT see Mega Man
-The game WILL be delayed in North America one more time
-Roster caps at 35
Many could argue that these are all lucky guesses, in particular Sonic, and that the delay is just plain silly. But you never know... Giving so few characters does add legitimacy, and the 35 is a nice, even number that sounds reasonable. We have 23 so far (because transformations don't count), plus Ness and WW Link makes 25. If we add GDorf, Luigi, JPuff, and Falcon that's 29. So six more characters after that and we're through. *the Prima guy, who we now are reexamining, offers the final 6 FYI*

One other thing of note is that this leak predates the Inafune podcast *nods* Sucks, because I still think that all the more legit rosters are boring as hell.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
He admitted he was faking. He mentioned how he was surprised it got so far, considering he just intended it to be one joke topic on GameFAQs.

Proof: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/Dark_Random/fakeleak.jpg

He admitted he was lying later on in the thread, which I unfortunately didn't screenshot. Sorry about that.

It's probably Nintendrones fault it got as far as it did. I really don't like that guy. >_>

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I can vouch for that guy admitting he was a fake. I remember that "leak" very well and kept track of the thread.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I really wish the Prima guy wasn't lying. That roster is incredible! The only character that I don't want in there is Isaac but if he has to be in for the roster to be that good, then its all good with me. A guy making a great roster using only 40 characters is pretty good.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I really wish the Prima guy wasn't lying. That roster is incredible! The only character that I don't want in there is Isaac but if he has to be in for the roster to be that good, then its all good with me. A guy making a great roster using only 40 characters is pretty good.
Why in the hell would you not want Isaac? I can understand you being indifferent, but it makes no sense to be actually not want a character, especially one as cool as Isaac. GTFOH!

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Why in the hell would you not want Isaac? I can understand you being indifferent, but it makes no sense to be actually not want a character, especially one as cool as Isaac. GTFOH!
Well I didn't like Golden Sun, AND he just looks so generic. Like he could be out of Fire emblem. Anime looking guy with a sword. That's about all there is to him. We have enough sword characters, especially plain looking sword characters. Heck id rather have Claus as sword character over him. At least he is more interesting then the typical medieval guy with a sword.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
He admitted he was faking. He mentioned how he was surprised it got so far, considering he just intended it to be one joke topic on GameFAQs.

Proof: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/Dark_Random/fakeleak.jpg

He admitted he was lying later on in the thread, which I unfortunately didn't screenshot. Sorry about that.

It's probably Nintendrones fault it got as far as it did. I really don't like that guy. >_>
Oh butternuts. I was hoping Olimar's appearance was a sign that Krystal was assuredly next. Oh well. Are you sure the man who made the gamefaqs thread is the original leaker of the Prima roster?

Medli? Oh heck yeahs.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Him saying there is no attack called Air Slash makes me question him since he now goes ZOMG AIR CUTTER

Air Slash is an attack ( http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/airslash.shtml ) and one that Charizard learns...now I do not know the specials of the Pokémon, my source didn't reveal that to me, but Charizard can learn Air Slash, it cannot learn Air Cutter and even though that is in the Pokemon games, they are careful about sticking with things from the games so the Pokemon uses attacks it can learn.

This does make me question him, especially as it was his "source" that said that theres no attack called Air Slash and I don't think a source would be that ignorant

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Lol that makes me question him too Serebii, but if you happen to have any info. on 3rd parties, we may see tomorrow whether or not he's a fraud. =D

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it matters too much. I mean isn't one of Pikachu's attacks Skull Bash? I don't remember him ever being able to learn that.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Serph on this one now. Cannon movesets aren''t necessarily in brawl. =D

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
No they are not, but it does not make sense for them to go with it when there are alternatives...unlike Pikachu & Skull Bash

And actually Pikachu learned Skull Bash in RBY through TM40

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Hey Serebii, would you happen to have information on anything not pokemon-related? As in third party related? He did say that he would reveal the 3rd company tomorrow with possibly a list of characters. I'm also wondering if you can confirm or deconfirm his stage info. that he'll give to smash dash, xD

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I am so shocked that people still believe Almightygoat. He has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar so many times and he nervously and guiltily makes up horrible excuses in desperation to continue on his charade. Yet people buy these stupid excuses. If he gets ANYTHING wrong at all, EVER, he is a fake. Oh sorry THAT bit of info was misinformation, but still believe everything ELSE I say! PLEASE!!!!! I need a real leak badly.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Him saying there is no attack called Air Slash makes me question him since he now goes ZOMG AIR CUTTER

Air Slash is an attack ( http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/airslash.shtml ) and one that Charizard learns...now I do not know the specials of the Pokémon, my source didn't reveal that to me, but Charizard can learn Air Slash, it cannot learn Air Cutter and even though that is in the Pokemon games, they are careful about sticking with things from the games so the Pokemon uses attacks it can learn.

This does make me question him, especially as it was his "source" that said that theres no attack called Air Slash and I don't think a source would be that ignorant
Yea that's a very good point I knew Air Slash was an actual move too, his source may not know very much about pokemon however, but that's no reason to not do a little research to find out if it that move is actually from the game or not. I'm still skeptical on this.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Just with some further research, It has always followed the games

Pikachu
Thundershock
Thunder
Skull Bash (TM in RBY)
Quick Attack
Volt Tackle

All learnable by Pikachu at one point

Jigglypuff
Pound
Sing
Rest
Rollout

All learnable by Jigglypuff at one point

Mewtwo
Teleport (TM in RBY)
Disable
Confusion
Shadow Ball

All learnable by Mewtwo

Squirtle
Waterfall
Withdraw
Water Gun

All Learnable by Squirtle

Ivysaur
Bullet Seed
Vine Whip
Razor Leaf

All learnable by Ivysaur

Charizard
Rock Smash
Flamethrower

All learnable by Charizard

So why pray tell would they change the running theme and give it Air Cutter when it cannot learn it

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Ok I cannot explain that lol, but its obviously Thundershock anyway so
Wrong!! *slams desk* It's clearly a known fact among all smashers that it is indeed called thunderjolt!! *Uses the Pheonix Wright finger point* Try and get yourself out of this one!! =D

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Wrong!! *slams desk* It's clearly a known fact among all smashers that it is indeed called thunderjolt!! *Uses the Pheonix Wright finger point* Try and get yourself out of this one!! =D
Apart from that one errant attack though, my point stands as Thunder Jolt doesnt actually exist while the others do, including Air Cutter and Air Slash

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Lol no one is sure yet Mr. Ocax, by the way, before the game is released, I wanna say it was great battling you on this subject Serebii. Lol =P

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Just with some further research, It has always followed the games

Pikachu
Thundershock
Thunder
Skull Bash (TM in RBY)
Quick Attack
Volt Tackle

All learnable by Pikachu at one point

Jigglypuff
Pound
Sing
Rest
Rollout

All learnable by Jigglypuff at one point

Mewtwo
Teleport (TM in RBY)
Disable
Confusion
Shadow Ball

All learnable by Mewtwo

Squirtle
Waterfall
Withdraw
Water Gun

All Learnable by Squirtle

Ivysaur
Bullet Seed
Vine Whip
Razor Leaf

All learnable by Ivysaur

Charizard
Rock Smash
Flamethrower

All learnable by Charizard

So why pray tell would they change the running theme and give it Air Cutter when it cannot learn it
Umm... This is sad that I have to talk about pokemon movesets in a SSBB message board. Go to Serebii.net and look under D/P pokedex. Find Charizard ( # 006) and look at his moves he gets when he levels up. "Air Cutter" is not there but "Air Slash" is. It's easy to get the two mixed up.

Edit: Hmm... on his post he says it's the other way around, that it's not "Air Slash" but "Air Cutter". Someone repleid to him saying there is no such move called "Air Slash" and told him it's called "Air Cutter" therefore causing the confusion because he didn't really know the moves of pokemon and just went with it. Reguardless it's close enough.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Plus, just debunking him because he got the name wrong? He basically got the information down. =O

Revven

FrankerZ
So his source isn't a Pokemon junkie/hasn't played Pokemon in years and goat probably hasn't played the most recent editions to tell the names of moves apart either. I mean, there's so many moves that share a similar name as is and are the same type. I don't blame the either of them if they haven't played Pokemon since GSC and don't know the moves of RSE or DP.

Personally, the name doesn't matter as he has described the move. So, when we see the move in action that's when we'll be able to tell or not if he was right. And, even then, if the move is indeed called Air Slash he was right before and didn't need to correct himself like he thought he did.

I'm still waiting for that magic mess up myself, but, the only thing we know that will either debunk him or prove him right would be Charizard's Up + B from CoroCoro. Which, apparently, nobody has translated Charizard's moves yet.

I don't think a name can be held to him when we have a description of the move. However, that's my personal feeling of it.

And, yes, I know the differences between Air Cutter and Air Slash :p.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Well that's good to know. I'm still alittle skeptical at this point too. His tidbits of information seem interesting. But like I said, would you happen to have any third party info.? This could help for when he gives us the Saturday update. =D

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm in the process of editing my leak thread to reflect new goat "leaks." I put the Charizard attack under a yellow highlight (for those who haven't read my thread yet, Yellow implies a number of things; Something is "almost true but yet to be officially confirmed," or the point agrees with another leaker) for those who would criticize goat's source for not being a Pokemon fan (which I am, and I know the difference between Air Slash & Air Cutter).

Mike87

Smash Ace

(Who is Jinjo?)

-Yellow Alloy is actually based on Lou. Weird, huh?

(Who is Lou?)
I believe that prophet was joking.

I'll anwser your questions anyway.

Jinjos were characters in Banjo-Kazooie

And the Lou he is refering to is probbaly Lou the Devil from Guitar Hero III.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Many could argue that these are all lucky guesses, in particular Sonic, and that the delay is just plain silly. But you never know... Giving so few characters does add legitimacy, and the 35 is a nice, even number that sounds reasonable. We have 23 so far (because transformations don't count), plus Ness and WW Link makes 25. If we add GDorf, Luigi, JPuff, and Falcon that's 29. So six more characters after that and we're through. *the Prima guy, who we now are reexamining, offers the final 6 FYI*

One other thing of note is that this leak predates the Inafune podcast *nods* Sucks, because I still think that all the more legit rosters are boring as hell.
I cannot believe people ACTUALY still believe this guy. O_O

He made a thread about a month ago saying there would be a second delay in America. 35 is too safe a number, and there really is NO way to prove this guy until the final roster is revealed.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I cannot believe people ACTUALY still believe this guy. O_O

He made a thread about a month ago saying there would be a second delay in America. 35 is too safe a number, and there really is NO way to prove this guy until the final roster is revealed.
Well people were wondering what the deal was with NyaNyase because he "predicted Olimar and his moves," which I don't even recall. So, assuming he's right, that's how the game would look I guess. I just threw on the Prima guy because people were mentioning him having "newfound truth" despite being utterly fake (and lucky).

On the subject of Charizard, Air Slash/Air Cutter is kind of irrelevant to a non-Pokemon nerd. To Pokemon players there's a huge difference between one being an actually halfway decent move and the other totally sucking ***, and there's the fact that Charizard learns one and not the other. BUT to a non-player, is there a difference? Even if he's lying, he didn't know the attack names and changed it accordingly. If he's not lying, then he probably just didn't know his Pokemon stuff from DP and had to change the attack name (though Air Cutter was introduced in RSE, so we'd have to assume he's clueless there too [despite knowledge of Blaziken]).

Visually, the moves aren't DRASTICALLY different if you're trying to picture how they'd work in a Smash game. So let's just wait until we see the description of Charizard's Up B and then decide, because this guy isn't fully debunked yet.

Top Bottom