• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
This is a cali tournament after all Twinkles.. =P Kels did not make top 10.
Yeah, makes sense :(
SoCal still ***** though, I'm pretty confident any of the eliminated SoCal players could place higher under different circumstances. GG's all around though, ESPECIALLY to KK

Wow, crazy results.

Thank god Kels got ****ing exposed. Wait til I tell PC. I have nothing against the guy, but everyone in the midwest was riding his nuts so ****ing hard.
this

yeah. It would be like saying 'Canada got unlucky brackets at impulse.....KK beat all of Toronto an Vwins beat the other canadians'

:phone:
man, i dunno how these big fancy tournament complicated bracket contraptions work, cut me some slack :p

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
massive stacked tournament, mango loses in 1st round winners to a player from around washington, makes it all the way to grand finals... I think I've heard this story before.
LOL you all are sleeping on bladewise he beat sw in the last 3 northwest tournies that they both attended

The pound 3 **** was pretty much a throw on mangos part in addition to the fact that it was ylink/link dittos i dont remember which

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im pretty sure its safe to say Mango let himself be taken out 1st round.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Wow, crazy results.

Thank god Kels got ****ing exposed. Wait til I tell PC. I have nothing against the guy, but everyone in the midwest was riding his nuts so ****ing hard.
True, MW rides Kels' **** wayyyyyyyyyyyyy do hard.

But on the flipside, I don't think he got "exposed" at all. Losing to s2j and Mango shouldn't change anyones perception of him lol. I heard he got 3rd seed in his pool though. If he lost to some scrubs then we'll have something to talk about.

Tink

Smash Hero
loll...cause kels has given results to ride that **** yoo....hes beaten plenty of great pros at majors, and placed well 0_o.....s2j and mango are hella great players to lose to if ur gonna lose.

kd-

Smash Lord
Kind of exciting reading all these posts about the tourney without a stream to have seen it, I don't remember where this has happened in recent times. Hope the tourney went well

Kels88

Smash Lord
lost to s2j and mango. I cant complain. WC is really ****in good tho. Had a blast playing out here.
Edit: I took first in pools

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...MW card removed jason...and after FC, urr gonna want it! mw will get dat revenge in the homeland.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, u co-share it with cunning....u just sneak in with his when he doesnt enter ever.

edit: cant wait for all the vids at this...sounds like some awesome upsets!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If Kels got 1st seed in pools why did he fight s2j round 1? o_o

voorhese

Smash Master
It's a conspiracy. s2j sandbagged in pools so he would play kels, and mango sandbagged in bracket so he would play kels....aliens.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sounds like SoCal wanted to expose - uh, I mean, see what the Kels hype was all about.

Sounded like a good tourney. Too bad there wasn't a stream or anything. Anyone know if there were recording setups?

Max?

Smash Champion
True, MW rides Kels' **** wayyyyyyyyyyyyy do hard.

But on the flipside, I don't think he got "exposed" at all. Losing to s2j and Mango shouldn't change anyones perception of him lol. I heard he got 3rd seed in his pool though. If he lost to some scrubs then we'll have something to talk about.
Pretty sure there was some thread in Melee Discussion where MW was popping off about how this dude was gonna win/**** everyone.

Oh wait, 0-2 in bracket.

loll...cause kels has given results to ride that **** yoo....hes beaten plenty of great pros at majors, and placed well 0_o.....s2j and mango are hella great players to lose to if ur gonna lose.
The johns

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Yo this tournament was mad fun. Best part was when I ***** neighborhood P in the corner lol. Someone tell that dumb ***** to get back to the drawing board and stop posting on vids until he learns to play.

Hope you see this ****er, let's play and you can donate to me again :-)

You suck dawg

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Wow, crazy results.

Also, I can't wait to see the bracket + full results.

Good **** to all the homies
To be fair, he did lose to S2J and Mango. But yeah, Kels was grossly overhyped by MW.

Props to KK, taking second.

Zoap

Smash Master
ok? a 2nd seed should fight a 3rd seed round 1, then a 1st seed round 2.
16 pools of 5-6 players, top 2 made it out into a 32 man bracket. Meaning a 2nd seed plays a 1st seed.

Next time make sure you know the info before you question.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Tournament was dope even though I didn't compete. PewpewU's matches were a ton of fun to watch. KK dominated until Mango of course. GG's to anyone I played with.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
16 pools of 5-6 players, top 2 made it out into a 32 man bracket. Meaning a 2nd seed plays a 1st seed.

Next time make sure you know the info before you question.
Oh, guess I gave norcal too much credit to not run pools w/ top 2 out. That's APEX level ****.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Oh, guess I gave norcal too much credit to not run pools w/ top 2 out. That's APEX level ****.
You also have to realize that this tournament was stressed for time. It was a one day tournament that they wanted to be two days and it's on the second story of a restaurant that is running the whole day we are playing.

Zoap

Smash Master
it was either pools with 2 out or straight bracket due to time constraints. we figured majority of entrants would appreciate the pools and the heavy bracket would make for entertaining matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom