• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
One of the chapters in the final portion of the History class I'm taking includes the civil rights movement of the 1950s.
Reading about Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott was incredibly enjoyable this time around.

Feather

Smash Cadet
Hello my name is Feather and I'm an English Olimar. I want to get better and travel around Europe to different tournaments. I'm going to Bushido Brawl and I would like to find out who else here is going there? Iv been playing for about a year and still inexperienced in certain MU's like Diddy, Icies and Peach. And I need some advice in those match ups as I will obviously face those characters some day.

Feather

Smash Cadet
Yeah I hope to meet them one day and face them and also represent Olimar alongside them. Do you know if Greward is still active? As he is the only European Olimar that I can think of right now.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yeah I hope to meet them one day and face them and also represent Olimar alongside them. Do you know if Greward is still active? As he is the only European Olimar that I can think of right now.
Yeah, I think Grew is an active player (vids up from 2 weeks ago), but I don't see him here too often.

Also, I travel Tofer :p

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hey feather, welcome to the olimar boards.

Make sure you keep watching those YouTube matches with Dabuz and such.
Every technique should be taken as lessons you can practice.

Most importantly, do not focus and weak points much.
The most important thing you can focus on is reading your opponent.

Feather

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys. Iv been playing Brawl for a while and been playing with people like Calzorz if you guys know him. (Which I think you will) and also been watching a lot of videos just haven't been on Smashboards for a while but I'm planning on stepping it up and travelling and become a well known and good Olimar.
At least in Europe. :)

Sails

Smash Ace
Dabuz goes to tournaments where he knows he'll win because of lack of pro attendance, almost single-handedly makes Olimar 2nd.

Dabunz 1
BBR 0

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Olimar is obviously just too good.

I can't help but wonder if this tier list was influenced by the japanese tier list.
I mean, Olimars were putting in work before the whole "Japan hype" thing, but the BBR just put Olimar in high-tier without moving him at all.
Suddenly he shoots up six spaces?

Feather

Smash Cadet
Yeah I agree. Olimar is beast but it tooK people THAT long to realise it? Only after the Japanese proved he is able to pull off that amazingly at Apex lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabuz goes to tournaments where he knows he'll win because of lack of pro attendance, almost single-handedly makes Olimar 2nd.

Dabunz 1
BBR 0
Correct, I don't go to tournaments that m2k, vinnie, nairo, adhd, ally, gnes, trela, fatal, shugo, ect. attend. Nope, never.

Olimar's placement was definitely influenced too much by the Nietono hype train >.> Third or fourth best MAX IMO.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Haha, no.

But you know..

:kirby2: (-1)

This is bull.

---

I'm practicing olimar and ICs now.
Because playing gay is number one way to win.

Sails

Smash Ace
Correct, I don't go to tournaments that m2k, vinnie, nairo, adhd, ally, gnes, trela, fatal, shugo, ect. attend. Nope, never.

Olimar's placement was definitely influenced too much by the Nietono hype train >.> Third or fourth best MAX IMO.
I'm just talking about things like going to Vinnie's tournaments that nobody goes to and having him as your only competition. Plus, I'm only messing around.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Not to mention copy Oli's powers and spam like an ***.

Because without it I'm handling *** instead.

Lmfao, really. It is that hard to beat an oil main.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Not to mention copy Oli's powers and spam like an ***.

Because without it I'm handling *** instead.

Lmfao, really. It is that hard to beat an oil main.
Yeah, Olimar's pretty dumb. Also, the ability's not that useful if you're just spamming it (unless he's offstage or really close to the edge or something).
I love Ftilt against Olimar, though. It's so good.

...wait, did you just say "oil main"?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Lmfao, auto-correct at its best.

And yeah, I most spam it when he's near the edge and offstage. It really helps.
Otherwise, it's is certainly painful. I might just have to make him as my pocket character.

Or marth.

Idk.

Edit--

Oh snap, I didn't see this.

Kirby needs to be patient and look for chances to safely bair Olimar or dash in and grab or dash attack.
Ah, yes. Patience is best.
I just can't read opponents easily. :/

Top Bottom