• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RPI/Troy Area Smash

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Dang your too good. Im willing to put down 50$ in a money match. Someone of your skill should be able to take that from me.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I don't even think the room is reserved for today because of the holiday and nearly everyone being off campus.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Vibe, if you want to come to my room again the next two Fridays at 3:30 again instead of busing, that will work for me. Anyone else that wants some pre-smash smash can come, too.

Pipe

Smash Cadet
Hey all!

I just moved up from CT in August for school and have been too busy to get involved but would love to get some smash in during break. Where's everyone located? I'm in Schenectady.

I play melee (though I haven't in a while) and brawl though I prefer the mods (+ & -).

Hit me up.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
What he means is there's a lot of general interest at RPI's club for Brawl mods and Melee. We're about 30 minutes from Schenectady I think. The first post says when and where we meet, which is Friday nights weekly. However because of the end of the semester, we won't have any more fests at RPI until late January.

Anyway, since I'm so cool to not have finals and stay here until next weekend, I wouldn't mind playing any day not Monday. I can't really go anywhere, but I have a crt tv (and the lcd tv) in my room again.

Also I don't know anyone specific in Schenectady.

Pipe

Smash Cadet
Cool. I'm wrapping up on school work this week so before Wednesday is no good. Thursday is a possibility but I'll have to see how things are going. But then I'll be on vacation until (probably) Jan 1st so maybe after then would be best.

I'm down to come to the RPI fests, also. I think I'll have Fridays off next semester (though that could change) so I'll definitely make it at least some of the time.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's Friday evenings, so even if you don't have Fridays off, you could probably make it to at least part of the fests. I Look forward to seeing you next semester.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Since there's no Smash Club this week, I'll host a smashfest on Thursday. I have two tvs, but both are HD, so I don't want to hear the lag johns. I was able to get some consistency with IC's alt grabs on one of them, so it's not that bad. Also, I only have one Wii, so if we get more than 4 people, it would probably be good to bring one. I will not be feeding you, I can't give you a ride home, and certainly can't house you. You're welcome to bring your own food, but generally don't make a mess. If you break anything you will pay for it. I'm not trying to be a ****, just making sure we're all on the same page.

Start Time: 4pm Thursday
End Time: Doesn't matter
Location: 1730 Highland Ave, Troy, NY. It's the house with the path that goes in between two trees. I am the door on the right.

There's parking on the same side of the street that my apartment is on. There's not always room, so give me a call if you run into any problems. Call me if you have trouble finding the place as well.
(845)806-6878

Pipe

Smash Cadet
Cool, you're about half an hour from me. Not sure what my day looks like tomorrow (have some stuff to do wrapping up school in the morning and will likely be trying to get things squared before I leave for vacation on Friday most of tomorrow afternoon) but cool if I come if I'm able?

I will only break a few things, whatever's most expensive.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
The Friday that the club resumes is January 28. We also apparently have the room reserved the 22nd (the Saturday before that) at the normal time, which may or may not be a mistake. Either way, one month until smash club hype.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I might come back up Saturday or Sunday. If I do, we definitely need to play some time next week. I'm starting to lose some skill I'm sure.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I'll be back Saturday. Then I'll find out next week probably when we'll have tournaments this semester.

Pipe

Smash Cadet
I think I'm going to come today (and hopefully to the tourney in Feb). Today depends on what work I can done before then. Hope to see you all soon!

Top Bottom