• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RPI/Troy Area Smash

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
The tournament yesterday went alright considering that a lot of people went home for the extended weekend. 22 entered Brawl, and we ended up doing some pools. Melee had 13 and didn't bother with pools, so we did a normal bracket. Then we had a lot of extra time, so Melee did a crew battle and a low tier, random teams afterwords. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the bracket results stuff, so... oops lol. I did record several sets though.

I guess the next one will be some weekend starting in November or December, and we'll definitely post it in the listings so some people can start coming here. One possibly available date for Mother's again is November 13. . On the other hand, there are tournaments the 6th, 13th, and 20th that are options.

6th is AXS in Syracuse and the only one with Brawl, but we want to know about our rides and stuff.

13th is in Connecticut and Melee only, and I'm at least interested.

20th is Revival of Melee 3. I think we have a confirmed ride already, so I'm pretty sure we're going.

tacoreaper

Smash Cadet
We should have an event solely for crew battles. It was pretty great at the tournament. Seriously, I think a lot of people would be attracted to the event, especially if they could just form crews on the spot when they arrived.

Also, for next time, we should have a Wii or two set up for friendlies while the main tournament is going on. We want people to actually be around for the finals and not just leave when they lose. Crowds add excitement. The big TV would be perfect for friendlies because despite the lag, everyone wanted to play on it anyway lol.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
If we get a large turnout at this upcoming week's meeting, an impromptu brawl crew battle would be cool. Though I have a feeling the side with Vibe would win. :)

Also any word on, possibly making meetings on Tuesday as well? I know it was talked about a few pages back and it seemed like Tuesday was a good day for a bunch of people.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Lol, don't worry about it. I prolly wouldn't play my main.
I'm a little upset I couldn't go up to the tourney, cause' my ride last minute ditched me. Lol.
And, I'd prolly come up tuesday, too.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
If we want to get a room at the union for Tuesdays, I'd need to reserve it for the club and find out what else is going on there Tuesdays. If we just want to have it at someone's place, it's much easier to do competitive stuff. So if someone has some space on Tuesdays, that would be good. I'd offer my dorm room, but I'm a tossup on Tuesdays and it's pretty cramped for a smashfest. Depending on how late it goes, I can currently guarantee being there after 11. I have no classes Wednesday, so "too late" won't matter to me.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
While I wouldn't mind someone coming up for smash, it's not really ideal if there are going to be a bunch of people. Specifically, my roommates might get sick of it. A union room for another day would be cool, but if it's too much trouble don't worry about it.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I imagine only the most interested people would want to go to a smashfest outside of the club. That's good if you want better practice, and it doesn't necessarily harm the club. I really do want to play more though, so I'll look into union rooms, too. I think it's likely that we wouldn't be able to start as early as 6pm, but we may be able to reserve it until after midnight since the union's open 24 hours on weekdays.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I imagine only the most interested people would want to go to a smashfest outside of the club. That's good if you want better practice, and it doesn't necessarily harm the club. I really do want to play more though, so I'll look into union rooms, too. I think it's likely that we wouldn't be able to start as early as 6pm, but we may be able to reserve it until after midnight since the union's open 24 hours on weekdays.
Well then I definitely wouldn't be able to go, Lol.

There isn't anyone who'd want to host something that doesn't live in the apartments?

N64

Smash Champion
Yay. Glad to see my old school's smash scene still going strong. I hope greenearcher's still wrecking dudes in melee! Keep it up guys.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I can do that or upload them to YouTube myself if you prefer that.

Also, all the rooms in the union yesterday were taken until no earlier than 10:30, and there were only a few that weren't reserved until midnight. That doesn't look well for Tuesdays there, but I'd have to check more on tv use and whether a lot of those events are weekly.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Does anyone have a place I could chill at this Friday from like 3:30ish until the time for smash club, cause it's a pain having to go home, and then bus back to RPI from there. It'd be a lot easier if I could just chill somewhere until 6 and only have to bus home.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably upload them over the weekend and then post a link.

The club this Friday has been moved to room 3510 in the union, which is next to the elevator and stairs.

I'm free Friday at that time. Do you want to meet somewhere at 3:30? Do you know much about the area around commons at RPI?

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I'll probably upload them over the weekend and then post a link.

The club this Friday has been moved to room 3510 in the union, which is next to the elevator and stairs.

I'm free Friday at that time. Do you want to meet somewhere at 3:30? Do you know much about the area around commons at RPI?
Name a dorm and I'll just go to the RPI website. They got a map. Lol.
I know a lot about navigating around RPI, cause' I've done A LOT of stuff around there, but I don't know the names of anywhere. I can meet you in the front of your dorm, if you want.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I'm in Davison Hall. If you want to meet at one of the entrances, go to the entrance on the end of the longer side. You can get there by walking through the parking lot directly across from the high school's parking lot where the buses park. You end up going down some stairs and there should be a dumpster next to the building. Go right around that corner, and that's the entrance. If you just want my cell number anyway, I can pm it.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Alright. I'm in Davison Hall. If you want to meet at one of the entrances, go to the entrance on the end of the longer side. You can get there by walking through the parking lot directly across from the high school's parking lot where the buses park. You end up going down some stairs and there should be a dumpster next to the building. Go right around that corner, and that's the entrance. If you just want my cell number anyway, I can pm it.
I don't have a cell, and won't have one until around Christmas.
But yeah, I'll meet you there at 3:30.

Edit: Have I seen you before, or would you be able to recognize me?

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I'll recognize you at least. In case you don't remember me, I'll be wearing a black shirt with small white lettering tomorrow anyway.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Lol alright. If you don't make it, I'll try to figure out on what other days people want to play during the week.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I emailed the list about it, and the two options for an extra club meeting are Monday and Tuesday. This still depends on the union rooms being available anyway, and I'll see about different times, too.

I've started to upload videos from the tournament to YouTube. Right now, all the Brawl ones are up, which are only the finals sets and one winners bracket set. I actually have a lot more Melee stuff than Brawl, and I might get to those later. My channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sandaasu1010

Also, I'm free Monday and Thursday after 7 and Wednesday after 2 until 7 or 8 this week if someone wants to play anything one of those times.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I might be interested in chilling and playing melee/brawl on wednesday, but obviously I won't be there until after school ends at 3:30ish.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I guess we'll be in my room. Just follow those directions from earlier, and I'll wait outside around 3:30. I don't know yet about other people, but I'm pretty sure it won't just be two. More than six though and we should move elsewhere.

In tournament news, I managed to reserve 3602 for December 11 from noon to midnight. Mothers is taken for pretty much the rest of the semester, and everything was taken on the 4th. That's when we'll do our first real tournament. I'll post a topic when we get together everything for it, so maybe this weekend.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'll stop by on Wednesday as well. I get out of class at 4 though, so I'll just give you a call when I'm outside Davison. I have your number here somewhere.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Cool. It'll be a party, Lol.
Yeah, I'll definitely be there, unless it rains or something.

I can brush you guys up on Brawl, if you'd like. I also wouldn't mind some help with my melee game, though, don't expect much from me. I gots no techskill.

Edit: Also, don't worry, I won't be bringing friends like I do with smash club. Lol.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been working on Falco lately in Brawl. I'm still depressingly bad with him, but it's coming together slowly. I wouldn't mind seeing how badly I get owned.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278586
For the love of god, someone be interested.
I will be throwing in 20-30$ in gas if someone can drive me.

It's 50$ to go for brawl singles and doubles 35$ just for singles. Venue fee is included in the entry fee, so it's NOT 50$/35$+20$, in case anyone gets confused like I did. :p

Edit: Act fast, because if no one is interested in driving by the time megabus tickets are for sale, I'm getting them.

I will also have plans for housing.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested, but I just won't know for a while if I can go. I know I won't have a car though.

seg fault

Smash Rookie
So... I was busy tonight writing essays and talking to the police since someone broke into my house. Fun.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Good read, cuse will attend some rpi stuff since vibes been holding info out on us

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I've been indirectly contacted by some guy that is interested in hosting tournaments at his store in Albany, called Pastime Legends. They're apparently doing a Brawl tournament at 6pm next Saturday (the 13th), but I have little idea about the venue so far and stuff like that, so we can use it to check out the venue at least. He said he's interested in working with our club to have tournaments, so we could possibly be doing stuff with them in the future. The address is 247 Lark Street in Albany, if you want to check it out then. We'll figure out more details later, and let me know if you want a ride there.

Maybe I'll post that December 11 tournament topic now that I'm not outrageously busy.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I've been indirectly contacted by some guy that is interested in hosting tournaments at his store in Albany, called Pastime Legends. They're apparently doing a Brawl tournament at 6pm next Saturday (the 13th), but I have little idea about the venue so far and stuff like that, so we can use it to check out the venue at least. He said he's interested in working with our club to have tournaments, so we could possibly be doing stuff with them in the future. The address is 247 Lark Street in Albany, if you want to check it out then. We'll figure out more details later, and let me know if you want a ride there.

Maybe I'll post that December 11 tournament topic now that I'm not outrageously busy.
Brawl? Melee? Both?

Either way, I'm interested.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
*Subscribes* Was awesome playing you guys today. Also I'm positive I can get to Troy from Saratoga by bus, so we'll definitely play more at some point.

Top Bottom