• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's sooo horrible.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
- Hacked account. don't post in here

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
wtf are you talking about my teamate died early and i made a huge comeback vs falcon and luigi. they each had 2 stocks son

dumb docs leaving us roys all alone

did you TRY to ded?? i understand he could cc dsmash but that should of put some % on..

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lol at ppl actually believing this. P-town was trolling with ripple's account ;)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Looked at thread's name... My advice is to play better. remove your flaws replace them with streaghts and master your mind.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually this is largely true. Roy is always one of the problems. But I don't think he's the only problem in this one.
If it's Ganon, Ice Climbers, or Sheik ****** Roy then I'd agree.

Of course with other problem like no safety on shield and all of that jazz.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can't believe you guys. I never dropped roy. he's literally the only character I can play anymore

cjugs

Smash Ace
IM GOING I WANT A MATCH!!!,
I understand why some people are just good with low tiers it's naturally their best character, but marth is so much better and with the same basic play why roy?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
IM GOING I WANT A MATCH!!!,
I understand why some people are just good with low tiers it's naturally their best character, but marth is so much better and with the same basic play why roy?
roy and marth have completely different styles IMO.

I pick roy oddly because he has less options. I can't play someone who has too many options because I don't know which is the best in a certain situation. with roy. there is usually only 2-3 options you can take in every situation and I usually can make a decision on which is the best.

not to mention roy is faster

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
lol ya obvious trolls are pretty obvious. anyway u live in indianapolis ICG? u goin to POE 3? i have so got to play u.
I wish I can't ever get a ride, it has to be in city and even if i'm at hoiday world at that time I still can't make it.

I pick roy oddly because he has less options. I can't play someone who has too many options because I don't know which is the best in a certain situation. with roy. there is usually only 2-3 options you can take in every situation and I usually can make a decision on which is the best.
I totally understand this, I can't play mindgames as top tiers because they have to manyy options, but only for mindgame wise.

I

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord

You're completely right, roy and marth's styles are very different. My Roy mind games hardcore and can start up combos very easily. With marth, I have a lot more trouble keeping people outside the range of my sword. With roy, your options are definitely limited, but you generally still have a way to punish every situation effectively. Something I've been experimenting with is using roy's bad options to punish (not in tournament, usually just in friendlies), rather than his good options (so 90% of his moves) and i've found some weird ones that still punish effectively.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
yeah thats completely true less options=easier to use.

transitioning from roy to marth was hard for me at first because i didnt know how to utilize his options. marth involves alot more match up studying and practice. roy just cc dtilts, dd grab techchase, and dd ded. his airs can be utilized too (nair/fair oos vs falco). but marth just has alot more options.

aroperdope

Smash Cadet
I loved and still love outsmarting people who think they can successfully defend and evade Roy's powerful moves! Roy is my boy

cjugs

Smash Ace

I main link so he only has one option upb :) i get what you're saying yeah i guess they have a completely different spacing game to with the sweet spots and all.

I never knew roy was faster though that's something that must surprise alot of people when they think oh cool i got a Roy in pools.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have been practicing roy ALOT and I am going to be playing lots of friendlies and I was hoping we could play some melee. I am not even entering, just for MM's and friendlies though. It will be worth it. Everyone should go.

DaAnimeKidTooch

Smash Cadet
great to see there r still roy mains out there : ),i was starting 2 worry becuz no one has fate in him becuz he's low tier, but actually roy is a fun character and with enough skill very competitive

Top Bottom