• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's Our Boy - General Hype/Discussion Thread

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just add Chrom or Robin and I will be the happiest person alive.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Oh my god do I know that feel. I even tried to get my school's debate team to let me host it at a video game tournament they're putting up soon, but they said no because they "didn't want any mods."
Guess wat man I found 2 people that also play P:M. Also, is the sweetspot on Roy going to be changed anytime soon?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That was at my old high school. And the guy with the fro, we all call him Burmah. I used to hang out with him and his sister sometimes, lol. And yes, I definitely know about this video.
I figured you knew. I was replying to QWA.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
this looks awesome...

though now i wish they'd give Marth different attack animations even more ._.

legit can't wait to try this out though

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
That hilt stuff being stronger than the rest of the sword.
( I just asked to have my post have something to do with Roy so)
Getting so hyped for Roy guise
From what I read On the official website is that the sweet spot will be the middle of the sword not the hilt. So Marth is tip, Ike is hilt, Roy is mid sword. :)

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
From what I read On the official website is that the sweet spot will be the middle of the sword not the hilt. So Marth is tip, Ike is hilt, Roy is mid sword. :)
So now I main the FE trio. go figure. (Well, I just played Marth today in P:M and I loved his aerial game and whatnot.) Sucks that I'm at a disadvantage because I use Wiichuk.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, Roy is mostly fsmash anyway, so you can get by by just flailing like a madman.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Too much hype. When can we expect Roy to show up in the public release?
Whenever it is, It's not soon enough.

DAMMIT I NEED MY ROY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm absolutely terrified of what Sethlon may accomplish with P:M Roy

I'm hoping to join him in the Roy ranks. /considering switching my Melee main to Roy as well

Funny enough, my rekindling of using Roy started before we even got a glimpse at Roy getting revealed.

BEES

Smash Lord
I'm a full time Roy main in Melee just for fun... even though my Falco's probably still a bit better. I took a break from competitive Smash for several months to focus on chess, but this is getting me heavily interested in Project M (and smash in general) again.

'sup ph00t

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I like how so many people on this thread have Roy profile pictures. Oh, and SchAlternate, I like your signature.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
"This move can be aimed by quickly pushing the control stick in a direction after the initial up special, making Roy move anywhere from directly upward to a 45 degree diagonal on either side, at the expense of some vertical distance." - Smashwiki page for Blazer

Apparently you could always do that.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Not sure if this is the place to say this, but after watching the video, I've got a mixed feeling on the new taunts and his intro. I do like that they're referencing his game of origin, but the way they're animated seems a bit stiff to me. His down taunt looks fine though.

The rest of the animations are really well done, they look like they'd belong in the game!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Well, since roy is going to be playable at the big house 3, do you guys think that the next update is sooner than what we might think? Possibly before 2014

B.W.

Smash Champion
It's awesome that he's going to be playable at big house 3. It's also an awesome way to get people to go to big house 3.

Top Bottom