• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't even know if it's you making those weird *** miis now or your sister lmaoo
Wow, my Mii looks like myself irl...

I guess people can't handle my swag

AND OFF I GOOO~

:troll:

Honestly, sometimes it's myself who makes the Miis, or sometimes it's my sister. You never really know... although I like to keep things fresh by having a new Mii now and then.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In the spirit of everyone else going back and replaying the older Fire Emblem games, I'm going all the way back to the beginning.
Fire Emblem (J).png

...This is probably mission impossible (unless I do nothing else for the next few months), but I'm hoping to get through all 13 in order before the English release of FE14. (I'm probably gonna be completely Fire Emblem-ed out by then... :p)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
lessons I learned from FE5 over the past week
the bosses need so little sympathy ike has too much sympathy for them

wish I kept more screen caps, but I'm definitively not playing chapter 17A again
Wow, my Mii looks like myself irl...

I guess people can't handle my swag

AND OFF I GOOO~

:troll:

Honestly, sometimes it's myself who makes the Miis, or sometimes it's my sister. You never really know... although I like to keep things fresh by having a new Mii now and then.
you have whiskers? I'm not judging I'm just curious
In the spirit of everyone else going back and replaying the older Fire Emblem games, I'm going all the way back to the beginning.
View attachment 61941

...This is probably mission impossible (unless I do nothing else for the next few months), but I'm hoping to get through all 13 in order before the English release of FE14.
NOPE NOPE NOPE
start at 3, you'll do yourself a favor

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I know I probably should, but I want to play the NES ones out of pure curiosity more than anything
and also because this place is relatively barren with regard to FE1-3 info, and someone needs to fix it eventually
I played FE2,
I've never played with a menu that was running by the grand speedy technology of a gerbil on a treadmill.
anyways nitpicking aside

FE1: is in FE3, with a few chapters/characters cut out. so beating all of FE3 is the almost the same as beating FE1 +. only thing thing important cut was ballistae
FE2: you know castlevania 2, you know the one with tons of grinding . it's like that (thanks to everyone in the game having growths that are ****) or you can rng abuse, you dirty cheater

Edit: ha, you and me use different wikis

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Damn, been a while since I dropped by this subforum. Thread blew up.

Remember this? I was designing my controller and only realized after the fact that I'm fairly sure I used the same background image for my design.

The Super Coffee Bros site is great.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Edit: ha, you and me use different wikis
mine is better, because I own and run it /shameless plug
(disclaimer: I never actually look at the other one, it could be an even more definitive resource than Serenes Forest for all I know. the last time I looked at it, it was basically an SF copy-paste dump, but it could have changed since then)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For all you anime fans, here's a cool video showcasing a lot of characters that Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA) voices:

mine is better, because I own and run it /shameless plug
(disclaimer: I never actually look at the other one, it could be an even more definitive resource than Serenes Forest for all I know. the last time I looked at it, it was basically an SF copy-paste dump, but it could have changed since then)
All I know is that I find your Roy page is more informative and resourceful, especially with all the biography and references imo. There's a lot of info on the Binding Blade pre-release page, which I was always curious on. So I'm glad I came across the article. Although, I suggest adding this vid if it isn't up there already (can anyone edit the wiki?). Short trailer of an early build of the game, which is interesting since Lilina is introduced at chapter 1. I wonder why the change... I guess the situation with her would've been different as well? Who knows.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
All I know is that I find your Roy page is more informative and resourceful, especially with all the biography and references imo. There's a lot of info on the Binding Blade pre-release page, which I was always curious on. So I'm glad I came across the article. Although, I suggest adding this vid if it isn't up there already (can anyone edit the wiki?). Short trailer of an early build of the game, which is interesting since Lilina is introduced at chapter 1. I wonder why the change... I guess the situation with her would've been different as well? Who knows.
I'm glad you found it useful! I'll take a look at the video tomorrow, might work in a few lines on it.
You have to register an account to edit it, but anyone can sign up. Though I think you need to have made so many edits before it allows you to post links (something like what's in place here. I can't check the exact setting right now; I think it's 25 edits, and the account has to be older than 4 days).

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem games? Just playing FE6 and 13 right now. Though I think being near the ending of FE6 but in the beginning of 13 is what's making the whole experience disorienting.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just wanted to let you guys know, I'm cleaned out old threads and reducing board clutter.

Redundant threads will likely be merged, locked, etc.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For all you Fire Chicken fans, here is Blaziken's Pokken trailer (like we ever doubted Blaziken appearing):

Watch Blaziken's support thread be bumped in 3... 2... 1... Still, I always welcome more fire, and I think Blaziken and Weavile are my fave fighters so far.

The fire chicken will be available to play sometime in August, however. This opens the door for possibly more playable Pokemon down the road.

Also, Bandai Namco is running a campaign on Twitter until the 23rd, where people can vote on which Support Pokemon they'd like to see. So keep that in mind if you wanna vote --> Twitter. Tweet to them using the hashtag "#ポッ拳" (#Pokken in Japanese), then the name of the Pokemon you want (I guess in Japanese as well). One Support Pokemon I'd love to see is Chansey/Blissey or Togekiss (although Chansey or Blissey would make a hilarious joke fighter, kinda ironic when you think about it too).

Last edited:
For all you anime fans, here's a cool video showcasing a lot of characters that Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA) voices:

1:35, waifu material.

I voted Golurk, are they running anything in the future for actual fighters that you know of? Or is this the lovable lunk's only shot? I wouldn't mind them being a support character if they're at least in.

https://twitter.com/masoneliwood/status/621727286690082816

@ Moydow Moydow , look up the Easy Mode input for Gaiden (it simply makes EXP gaining easier, the game is so grind-heavy you still need it there) and play it sped-up if you're gonna emulate to save a lot of time.

lessons I learned from FE5 over the past week
the bosses need so little sympathy ike has too much sympathy for them
Mah boi, we need more FE5 in this world. It's tied for my favorite FE.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I'm cleaned out old threads and reducing board clutter.

Redundant threads will likely be merged, locked, etc.
Goooooooood, even if the boards are dead we need less clutter.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 Unfortunately, I don't think they mentioned anything about running a playable fighter poll, though I guess it's still possible. It would be nice if they make one sometime down the road, though with the Support campaign you have to wonder if this is the only chance to see Pokemon that you really want.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Mah boi, we need more FE5 in this world. It's tied for my favorite FE.
I love FE5 and I'd love it more if reinforcements didn't attack on the turn they appeared. It does however have probably the most unique challenges I've ever seen in an FE game

Edit: also poor lief. Probably has had it harder then any other FE protagonist
tumblr_m9wo1dVzop1r8nixo.jpg

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I love FE5 and I'd love it more if reinforcements didn't attack on the turn they appeared. It does however have probably the most unique challenges I've ever seen in an FE game

Edit: also poor lief. Probably has had it harder then any other FE protagonist
View attachment 62053
That image annoys me so hard...those arms are so out of proportion it's ridiculous. xD

Tails2Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tails2Link
Insert cliche fiery boom(and not the Sonic Boom kind)
Hey, yo, wassup guys. I'll try to be here when I can but internet at my shack is cruel, y'know? Anyways,I kinda really liked FE5 with the boss capturing and the unique connection the story makes with FE4, and but I really wished certain characters like Ronan(Magical Archer!) Had a tad bit more story line importance to them rather than the old, Hey here's another random archer or other unit. But I digress, FE5 was still as good as some of the other titles in the series.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Insert cliche fiery boom(and not the Sonic Boom kind)
Hey, yo, wassup guys. I'll try to be here when I can but internet at my shack is cruel, y'know? Anyways,I kinda really liked FE5 with the boss capturing and the unique connection the story makes with FE4, and but I really wished certain characters like Ronan(Magical Archer!) Had a tad bit more story line importance to them rather than the old, Hey here's another random archer or other unit. But I digress, FE5 was still as good as some of the other titles in the series.
for those of you who don't know ronan
he fights for his mom and hates a pirate
to which the pirate had bigger story relevancy then him
end all the story you learn about ronan

anyways jokes aside, a lot, a lot of units you could get in FE 1/2 had very little lines (I'm sure it had to do with how much could actually be put in the game). So while odd, it wasn't the type of thing i wasn't used to, but hey least he isn't

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I killed her on purpose. It was either let her open steal my stuff or I kill her and never see her again while getting stuff. I killed 3 birds with one....arrow.
ugh, nice to know other people aren't effected by the 'I must save every unit curse'
I just stole her crap repeatedly and she kept showing up with more to steal :secretkpop:

Tails2Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tails2Link
Lol I always just surround her with units I know I won't be using in the chapter much until I get Chad to snag her lockpicks then I let her run free after having Roy work his magic and talk her up. Speaking of best units, I personally enjoyed using Sue alot. Though that might be me being biased as hell since I A-supported her with Roy.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I killed Cath the first time I saw her too, since I was reading a guide at the time, and I was told it's just easier let her die... Although I played FE6 a looong time ago, nowadays I find myself getting attached to like all units. Doesn't help that the newer games have more effort put into characterization (supports and the like help), and now with Fates it hits you hard (thanks to all the life/dating-sim elements).

Still, if a unit dies I'm not like, "NOOO I WAS SO EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO YOU!!" *sobs* It's mostly like, "NOOO HOW CAN I HAVE A PERFECT ARMY IF I'M MISSING A UNIT!?" thank you fe ocd Although sometimes death in unavoidable... or you're just too fed up restarting chapters and accept the sacrifices. =P

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Lol I always just surround her with units I know I won't be using in the chapter much until I get Chad to snag her lockpicks then I let her run free after having Roy work his magic and talk her up. Speaking of best units, I personally enjoyed using Sue alot. Though that might be me being biased as hell since I A-supported her with Roy.
I think there is a bit of bias there, sin usually ends up better. She's still a solid unit and mounted archers are always underrated for no reason
We should all know who the best unit is though

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
She was so annoying. I heard she sucked anyway. No need for more worthless units.
she is actually the worst unit in the entire series and you can not convince me otherwise
  • no early game advantage (last thief, garbage base stats)
  • no late game advantage (no promotion, worst growths for her class)
  • no unique utility (normally late game 'support' unit have some crazy utility)
all you really can do is get free lockpicks, which are easy to come by and have more uses then you need.
meaning she is worth 1,200g per visit
+150g should you steal the vulnerary too

Last edited:
Cath is made even worse by the fact that you get Chad and Astol beforehand.

You don't even get a support log in that game to store her supports and use for completion.

It seems there truly is no use for her.

I killed Murdock with Cath and an Armorslayer my last run, though.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The one thing I liked about Cath, though, is her conversations with Roy. Gives Roy a perspective on how wars can mess up everything and nobility abusing their power. Which Roy probably started off as sheltered, but obviously talking with Cath made him realize her situation, and probably made Roy more worldly. I just read the FE6 script for these things, please tell me I'm not the only one that reads text dumps from time to time

Chad is mah boi though~

Also, best scene in FE6

GODDAMMIT MERLINUS! THE BOY WAS GETTING HIS FIRST LAP DANCE BUT THEN YOU HAD TO COME IN AND RUIN THE FUN. PARTY POOPER.

Jk, Jk

All my FE6 screenshots like the ones above are on my old laptop (battery dies within like 10 min, and overheats within 5). Took me 10 min just to transfer those 2 pics... One day I'll transfer them all...

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Don't forget DAH BEZT UNIGHT EVAHR!!!!1!
View attachment 62153

I can talk about FE games all day :secretkpop:
Real talk, I already recruited Cath for awhile but I couldn't tell who that was in that picture, lol. I don't think I've ever used her. I don't see the point in using thiefs for FE6(besides opening chests/doors) since they can't promote.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Real talk, I already recruited Cath for awhile but I couldn't tell who that was in that picture, lol. I don't think I've ever used her. I don't see the point in using thiefs for FE6(besides opening chests/doors) since they can't promote.
because in games where they don't promote they usually have ****ing amazing growths
so getting them a few levels early (which is about getting them last hits, or them duking it out forever with a weak unit) would make them useful early game characters along with the usual utility.
my chad was able to hold his own until chapter 21 with out even being level 20, but then again I'm a normal difficulty scrub

Some examples:
Chad (FE6)

HP |S/M |Skl |Spd |Luk |Def |Res
85% |50% |50% |80% |60% |25% |15%
Julian (FE1)

HP |S/M |Skl |Spd |Luk |Wlvl | Def |Res
80% |70% |50% |50% |80% |0% |30% |0%
so ya despite some bad bases they had some almost guaranteed growths

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
^ We can talk about another FE game if you'd like. :upsidedown:

***** I've been discussing the **** out of FE2 and 5, and I gave pointers on 8. Some people talked about RD and playing it again. Don't just go two posts in lol. We also got the FE concert around the corner.

Anyways

EVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom