• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Eureka

Smash Ace
should have left it at imagine atlus... ya, I can't stand there games

oh we making fun of FE4 things now because I want to know this works

better than my sis,
me playing FE whatever number you want to attach
sis - "I like his hair"
THIS IS THE ONLY TIME MY SISTER WILL COMMENT ON FIRE EMBLEM GAMES IS HAIR
Short answer: it doesn't. Yeah same on the hair thing, my sister is always commenting on characters hair. Her favorite character in Smash 4 is Palutena because "her hair is pretty". And I'm just sitting here wondering why that matters at all.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah same on the hair thing, my sister is always commenting on characters hair. Her favorite character in Smash 4 is Palutena because "her hair is pretty". And I'm just sitting here wondering why that matters at all.
how old is your sis cause mine is 17 and still doing this

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
ok I'm just as bad with girls as roy is then
To be fair I guess we've gotten used to all the crazy anime hairstyles and colors to the point where we can see a picture of a character with blue, green, or even purple hair and not even bat an eye. So it would be rather interesting to someone who's never seen the crazy hair some (read: most) Fire Emblem characters have. Actually now that I think about it, what Fire Emblem characters don't have impossible hair?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
To be fair I guess we've gotten used to all the crazy anime hairstyles and colors to the point where we can see a picture of a character with blue, green, or even purple hair and not even bat an eye. So it would be rather interesting to someone who's never seen the crazy hair some (read: most) Fire Emblem characters have. Actually now that I think about it, what Fire Emblem characters don't have impossible hair?
nah, my sis watches anime she's used to the multi colored hair people
also as far as normal hair goes, there has been a handful of legitimate hair colors and hairstyles. the fact is they don't stand out as much

Eureka

Smash Ace
nah, my sis watches anime she's used to the multi colored hair people
also as far as normal hair goes, there has been a handful of legitimate hair colors and hairstyles. the fact is they don't stand out as much
Most of the Lords in the Series, and main characters in general, seem to have it though.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Most of the Lords in the Series, and main characters in general, seem to have it though.
oh for lead characters? that only leaves leif then
older lief though had like the 80s hair thing going on

Eureka

Smash Ace
He definitely isn't op. Marth can kill at 60% also. For both of them it's the proper spacing and being at the ledge
Marth requires spacing, Roy simply requires smacking them point blank, which is much, much easier. Does anyone know what the actual numbers on that forward smash are for knock back?

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Marth requires spacing, Roy simply requires smacking them point blank, which is much, much easier. Does anyone know what the actual numbers on that forward smash are for knock back?
Is it really? I'm not sure about that. Marth, when properly spacing, is a lot safer where getting point blank is risky business

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Is it really? I'm not sure about that. Marth, when properly spacing, is a lot safer where getting point blank is risky business
Roy's attacks are much, much safer than Marth's. Marth requires you to space properly in order to get good results, and since his tipper is so small it's not an easy thing to pull off consistently. Roy's sweetspot is much bigger and therefore much easier to land, so Roy racks up damage much quicker and more easily. Plus, even if you sourspot it still creates enough knockback for Roy to safely get out of the way.

In general Roy has all the tools to be aggessive, whereas Marth has to really work to space correctly.

Eureka

Smash Ace
The difference between the two is that situations that allow the sweetspot to connect come up much more often for Roy than for Marth. For example, you read someone rolling behind you, they die, it's that simple. With Marth you either need to hope they're roll carries them enough distance, or put in a lot of extra work to set up a pivot f smash properly. Combine that with the fact that Roy's sweetspot is simply larger and stronger than Marth's, and you wind up blast zoning people early a lot more with Roy. He's not OP like some people first thought, but he requires less work and risk for a greater reward than Marth.

Manakete[_]Lotys

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9647-4927
To put this in perspective of damage:
Roy FSmash SweetSpot: ~20-28%
Sour Spot (was actually rather difficult to test): ~12-16%
Marth FSmash Tipper: ~18-25%
Anywhere Else on the Blade: ~13-18%
Lucina for funsies: ~15-21%

So essentially, Roy's Sweet Spot is stronger in terms of %, but Marth's Sour Spot is better than Roy's. Not that it should matter all that much, as Roy's Sour Spot was actually rather difficult to preform just now. Lucina has a balance between the two.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Perfection featuring Roy, Marth, and Robin.

I love the name ITANIMULLI SQUAD in the comments.

How... does that stay on his head?

Why are you doing this to me?

That part was great, but now I want to see Yu wearing a tiara. Scratch that, put one on Sho. It'll take the edge off and look hilarious.
It doesn't stay in second gen. :c

FE4 spoilers: why u gotta revive levin but not his towel alongside him, holsety :facepalm:

Shirtless Roy along with shirtless Ike confirmed to join shirtless Shulk for Smash 5.
There's some disturbing renders on r34 of those (alongside Marth and Robin) and a bit more down below if you look hard enough for em.

should have left it at imagine atlus... ya, I can't stand there games

oh we making fun of FE4 things now because I want to know this works

better than my sis,
me playing FE whatever number you want to attach
sis - "I like his hair"
THIS IS THE ONLY TIME MY SISTER WILL COMMENT ON FIRE EMBLEM GAMES IS HAIR
She's opening an invisible revolving door while starting on an escalator, at least it looks a teeny bit like it.

On the topic of FE4, I can imagine the "barber: what do you want fam" me: "_____" meme with so many of their hairdos.

Marth's tiara is actually a power limiter. The last time he took it off, there were no survivors.
http://smashboards.com/threads/let-...tionability-of-marths-manliness.173274/page-1
I can feel the 2008 from this post.

*checks posted date*

I miss 2008 through 2010. So many glorious copypastas.

Last edited:
So, was Melee Roy just a Lord, and now is a Master Lord?
He was originally in his Master Lord attire in Melee, with the Sword of Seals, a weapon he can only wield upon promotion.

Seems like he recently received a mesh of his Master Lord and Awakening designs. Somehow, it reminds me of Ike's Hero class in Radiant Dawn and Smash, where it's different from his original promotion in PoR, and Ike became more swole with a different design, but is still the same tier of class. I can see third-tier potential to Roy, similar to Ike's Vanguard class.

Manakete[_]Lotys

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9647-4927
While on the topic of Roy's design... Can I just point out how annoying that flap thing around his ankles looks? It makes Roy look like some sort of medieval cowboy.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
While on the topic of Roy's design... Can I just point out how annoying that flap thing around his ankles looks? It makes Roy look like some sort of medieval cowboy.
I don't find them that noticeable in-game but now that you mentioned he looks like a medieval cowboy, a Wild West themed FE game sounds kinda awesome lmao.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
He was originally in his Master Lord attire in Melee, with the Sword of Seals, a weapon he can only wield upon promotion.

Seems like he recently received a mesh of his Master Lord and Awakening designs. Somehow, it reminds me of Ike's Hero class in Radiant Dawn and Smash, where it's different from his original promotion in PoR, and Ike became more swole with a different design, but is still the same tier of class. I can see third-tier potential to Roy, similar to Ike's Vanguard class.
So...Smash Lord?

Manakete[_]Lotys

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9647-4927
I don't find them that noticeable in-game but now that you mentioned he looks like a medieval cowboy, a Wild West themed FE game sounds kinda awesome lmao.
If you count amiibo functionality in Codename: S.T.E.A.M. then there technically already is one. Then again these are the FE amiibo we're talking about... I'm sure if they could, Nintendo would make all of the in game DLC characters limited edition too. You know, because the concept of supply and demand isn't a real thing.

21stSalamander

Smash Rookie
I bought the huge $30 bundle for Wii U and 3DS, here's my thoughts:
1. Lucas isn't as fun as I expected him to be.
2. Ryu is meh cause I won't bother to look up street fighter combos.
3. Miiverse and Dream Land should be legal.
4. Zero Mii costume is awesome.
5. Roy is my new main, he's Melee Marth without a chaingrab
Actually there's a thread on the roy forums that detail he may in fact have a chain grab.
And omg I agree completely, I'm loving Roy, definitely my new secondary if not my main

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
GUYS I GOT ROY! I AM SO HYPED.
upload_2015-6-20_20-37-19.jpeg

I've been playing him for the past hour offline and let me just saw he has quite the amazing combos like people have said, I love doing down throw to up-b. Definitely adding him to my list of secondaries! :D

Eureka

Smash Ace
Don't worry, after they're done with SMT X Fire Emblem for a modern styled Fire Emblem we'll get Wild Arms X Fire Emblem as a Wild West Fire Emblem... assuming anyone remembers Wild Arms.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Don't worry, after they're done with SMT X Fire Emblem for a modern styled Fire Emblem we'll get Wild Arms X Fire Emblem as a Wild West Fire Emblem... assuming anyone remembers Wild Arms.
OH, they better not forget the boob plate armor. It's not only ugly as hell it's not helping anything
perfect for aspiring character designers who want to get on my bad side :secretkpop:

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
yo just jumping in here to say this char is legit super good. His throw game is real. Ez 50/50s with F-Throw, good stuff with D-Throw...

Yeah, char is dope.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I haven't even heard of the Wild Arms series before, and looking it up (and watching a review)... wow, the games look pretty cool. The character designs and atmosphere is similar to what I envisioned a hypothetical Wild West Emblem would have (except maybe grittier).

A Wild West Emblem (still with fantasy elements) would definitely satisfy my desertpunk cravings (armadillos aren't enough)...

Ok, well, maybe for a spin-off.

Then again, one early idea for Awakening was to have the game set on Mars. Perhaps we'll get Space Emblem... no, Fire Emblem in Space!? one day? I like medieval settings, but hey, FE can afford some more spin-offs at any rate.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
OH, they better not forget the boob plate armor. It's not only ugly as hell it's not helping anything
perfect for aspiring character designers who want to get on my bad side :secretkpop:
Bruh no offense but who cares lol. Most characters in Fire Emblem wear useless ass stuff. Like why the hell do Mercenaries in the GBA games where a muscle shirt and why does Ike have a guard on only one of his arms?

I guess a more appropriate thing to say is why do you care so much about only that, but meh.

In other news.
Perhaps we'll get Space Emblem... no, Fire Emblem in Space!? one day? I like medieval settings, but hey, FE can afford some more spin-offs at any rate.
They actually stated one time they planned on making that iirc. Weird as hell, I know. :p

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Bruh no offense but who cares lol. Most characters in Fire Emblem wear useless *** stuff. Like why the hell do Mercenaries in the GBA games where a muscle shirt and why does Ike have a guard on only one of his arms?

I guess a more appropriate thing to say is why do you care so much about only that, but meh.
hmm... I might care too much, but that's not changing anytime soon. While I will admit older FEs had there outlandish designs it was nothing that would turn me away from a character or game and the newest one have more or less gone off the deep end, ***** cup armor was nonresistant before hand though we still got our fair share of shirtless dudes and missing pants. However, I really can't identify the newer characters as FE characters anymore

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
hmm... I might care too much, but that's not changing anytime soon. While I will admit older FEs had there outlandish designs it was nothing that would turn me away from a character or game and the newest one have more or less gone off the deep end, ***** cup armor was nonresistant before hand though we still got our fair share of shirtless dudes and missing pants. However, I really can't identify the newer characters as FE characters anymore
Ah okay, glad to see this conversation is going the way I didn't expect it too.

Yeah, as Fire Emblem becomes more anime as it did in Fire Emblem Awakening, the more it becomes less to please the veteran fans of Fire Emblem and starts to become really really disappointing. Honestly the cringe worthy support dialogues for waifus and husbandos was just really sad and unappealing. These characters unlike the wearing a ton of useless stuff like Ike and Lyndis with no pants don't even look cool, (not just the lords, Zihark had the coolest Trueblade ever to exist and I doubt he had armor underneath those sleek and stylish clothes) they just look like their compensating for horrid character and bleh gameplay.

Oh yeah, the fact that they're going to completely remove breakable weapons and keep pair up which nerfed strategic gameplay is the reason why I'm not getting IF and may not get another Fire Emblem game hereafter if they continue this...meh, at least I have Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
They are streamlining Fire Emblem unfortunately. I don't think we will get any meaningful support conversations on the level of Lucius and Renault. Renault is a badass. Such a late unit too.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh yeah, the fact that they're going to completely remove breakable weapons and keep pair up which nerfed strategic gameplay is the reason why I'm not getting IF and may not get another Fire Emblem game hereafter if they continue this...meh, at least I have Radiant Dawn.
only FE I'm missing is FE9 :p

anyways, I really don't mind the weapon changes. Having finished almost all the FEs I've actually seen a lot of the experimenting they did before the games came west
FE2 had the non breakable weapons and it worked rather well, the only fault of the game was that it was a grind feast.
FE4 had repairable weapons, another system that worked well
FE5 gave you 0 moneys and you were forced to steal weapons, only made that game harder. YAY :secretkpop:
FE12 decided to replace rain clouds with stockpiles of weapons and gear you just pick up from the ground. If there ever was a weapon system that didn't work it was awakening because the weapon system was not tuned or adjusted to what the game was, so when they said they adjusted the whole weapons situation, I was happy they at least took steps to rebalance the weapon system and I like the sound of the new system as all weapons have trade offs instead of weapons being flat out better

I'm sure there are changes to pair up, already know the enemy ai can use it. Not much I can say about though until I play the game, whether I decide to buy it or not. Hopefully I can come into full terms that I wont enjoy the game, but I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyways because I'm a moron.
They are streamlining Fire Emblem unfortunately. I don't think we will get any meaningful support conversations on the level of Lucius and Renault. Renault is a badass. Such a late unit too.

that guy has seen and done some ****

Troykv

Smash Master
Yay, this "Fire Emblem" Social has "Older" Fire Emblem Fans <3

I'm getting really good with offstage nair, fair, and Flare Blade to gimp in this game.

Several pics of me when going offstage with Flare Blade:

http://i.imgur.com/82NBKOE.png (has a middle finger so I'm not sure if the admins would like it posted with a full preview)

I only played Wild Arms 1 but it was gr8.

I haven't even heard of the Wild Arms series before, and looking it up (and watching a review)... wow, the games look pretty cool. The character designs and atmosphere is similar to what I envisioned a hypothetical Wild West Emblem would have (except maybe grittier).

A Wild West Emblem (still with fantasy elements) would definitely satisfy my desertpunk cravings (armadillos aren't enough)...

Ok, well, maybe for a spin-off.

Then again, one early idea for Awakening was to have the game set on Mars. Perhaps we'll get Space Emblem... no, Fire Emblem in Space!? one day? I like medieval settings, but hey, FE can afford some more spin-offs at any rate.
Space Emblem Jam.

**** got so real with Canas's conversations with him.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Space Emblem Jam.
"Dang it Roy you're not supposed to literally set the ball on fire! And stop cheating with that wind magic Robin! And what in the world are all these cartoon characters doing here?" Ike would be one beastly center or power forward though.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yay, this "Fire Emblem" Social has "Older" Fire Emblem Fans <3
I never even bothered stepping into the robin social, is it bad?
I assume it's bad
not sure about the marth social, but he kinda got bodied by sakurai between brawl and smash 4 apparently

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Robin social is mostly people who got into the series via Awakening, so if that's not your thing, there's not much there for you. There are a few people who've gone back and played the older games, or who started out with the older ones, though. I wouldn't say it's "bad", but I liked Awakening, so what do I know

Marth social focuses almost exclusively on Marth the Smash character, very little goes on there outside of that

Last edited:
Top Bottom