• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Impressions Thread

Thoughts on Roy?

• Love him!

Votes: 75 67.6%
  • Like him!

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • OK... He could be better...

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Don't like.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate him.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
THANK YOU BASED UNIVERSE THANK YOU BASED SAKURAI THANK YOU BASED SMASH TEAM AND NINTENDO.
Haters can go home, we've dealt with that crap for a long time and this is too exciting to let anyone damper my mood!

and YES. CHARACTER SUBFORUM!

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy for Roy and all the roy loyal mains who kept their hope alive. I look forward to giving him a shot. Good job based sakurai and congrats to all roy fans. Alot of haters smh of the character.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly a Luigification, more like Lucas or Ganondorfication to me. Still looks really sweet, though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wow. It's like he still uses what made him what he was in Melee, but now employs a different style of his own.

Seems like Falcofication/Luigification to me. Some things are still similar to Marth (like throws, it seems), but aside from that, he's a lot his own beast! Love the reverse gripping too, BTW~!

ThePocketPencil

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0411-0276
Man, guys Congratulations seriously this is awesome, really have nothing else to say. Congrats!

Potaters

Smash Rookie
Almost everything seems to be the same move as Marth/old Roy but with a different animation and probably different range/properties. So like... not really a Luigification and definitely not a Lucasification (Lucas is entirely different).

He's just a Royification.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Are we really at the point where people argue over the level of differentiation from the original character the clone derived from? Luigification has always been the commonplace term.

Dang people. It's all semantics.

Point is he's not just Lucina#2 like some people were complaining/worried about.

Last edited:

Ikespike

Smash Rookie
NNID
Warui95
I saw some gameplay of Roy. And man... He looks really good. I like his new animations and the flames when he swings his sword. It really makes me want to play him over Marth, because his overall moveset looks more interesting to me and it seems that he is much better than he was in Melee.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He's still mostly Marth, there's a few differences but even then they look to be taken from other characters (Link's F-Smash and Ike's down air in particular)

Khao

Smash Lord
The differences instantly made me go from "Why would they even bother?" to "Hey, this is pretty cool."

The only downside to this, is that this furthers my opinion that the initial clones in the game are some of the worst clones in Smash history. Lucina especially is going to be especially apparent now that Marth has a far more original clone than she is.

Either way, I'm actually excited to see all the changes now, so ****ing glad that they're putting so much effort than necesary behind this guy.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just to note to new people coming in, Crediar took down all his hacked footage. Anyone able to turn it to Youtube?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Just to note to new people coming in, Crediar took down all his hacked footage. Anyone able to turn it to Youtube?
probably to avoid getting sued by the Big N. I hope someone was able to grab it (at least snippets)

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
MY MAIN IS BACK!

Heads up guys, I'm gonna be hard labbing Roy the day he comes out. I'll post the frame data as soon as I compile it and I'll start labbing up crazy combo stuff as soon as possible.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Dat PM-esque up tilt animation. You know they played that.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The best thing he can have going for him is if they give him another move instead of counter...
Wow...he looks pretty strong! Ima main him.

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
He appears to be faster than marth and Lucina, too, and God that will be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom