• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Lies. Ambiguous LIES! It would just make Nintendo look bad if they had exclusive content for American release only, especially with characters!
Final Fantasy 7 released with exclusive US content, all the extra weapon battles were added.

I really really, hope that roy is in this game, He was my low tier main, and since its going to be a while before a real tier list is made, If this is true roy will be my second.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
God, this thread has converted into a "OMG Marth n' Lucario replaced" discussion
Seriously, people should read the first post before posting arguments that come from nowhere like this **** about M2 and Roy replacing Lucario and Marth and that the japanese are screwd

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Even though it's an possibility it's unlikely...

Has anyone seen the Yahoo had talking about "over forty reasons you want brawl" when talking about the character.

Right now we have 39 movesets... With Mewtwo and Roy that'd be 41...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... while it would be interesting to have Mewtwo and Roy back, I have a really hard time believing this...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
chronobound... i am really happy I am not you right now...
What? I did nothing. I never made this topic. It is not my fault this blew out of proportion, I was even being cautious about it. This topic should have never been made.

espio87

Smash Ace
This topic should have never been made.
and that's why it was created. remember people: Murphy's Law will always haunt you.
you were like this:"ok, guys don't make it a big deal but there's a possibility that Mewtwo and Roy are in wil be in Brawl"
the rest: "YEAH!. YOU HEARD THAT? MEWTWO AND ROY CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!!1!1!"
it's funny how thing that try to get controlled always get out of control

blayde_axel

Smash Master
and that's why it was created. remember people: Murphy's Law will always haunt you.
you were like this:"ok, guys don't make it a big deal but there's a possibility that Mewtwo and Roy are in wil be in Brawl"
the rest: "YEAH!. YOU HEARD THAT? MEWTWO AND ROY CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!!1!1!"
it's funny how thing that try to get controlled always get out of control
Incorrect. The rest: "Oh Noes! Lucario and Marth are gonna be cut, ya'll!"

sv3

Smash Apprentice
What? I did nothing. I never made this topic. It is not my fault this blew out of proportion, I was even being cautious about it. This topic should have never been made.
What did you expect? If that's how you feel you shouldn't say anything at all for the sake of everyone.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I know.... thats my point, so many.... people (resist urge to flame) not reading and such. What hit me most was your comment about gamefaqs being more mature, double ouch.

COME ON SWF stop this flaming and stupidity.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Even though it's an possibility it's unlikely...

Has anyone seen the Yahoo had talking about "over forty reasons you want brawl" when talking about the character.

Right now we have 39 movesets... With Mewtwo and Roy that'd be 41...
I have no idea what you just said.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
READ AND COMPREHEND, PEOPLE.

It said NOWHERE that Marth and Lucario would be replaced, just the rumor that Roy and Mewtwo would be added. I repeat, MARTH AND LUCARIO ARE NOT BEING REPLACED.

Jesus Christ.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
At The Yahoo brawl page it gives the top 5 reasons to get brawl. the first one is:

Over 40 reasons to buy brawl really (something like that) it is refering to the amount of characters....
Honestly, if that isn't grasping I don't know what is.

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
There is no real point to discuss about rumors. You can only say that you believe or you do not believe them. There may be some "evidence" but there is never real proof that something is real until there is some official source that proves or disproves it. So let's just wait and see. Personnally I would be quite happy if that rumor turned out to be true. More characters are always better.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So anyone want to link me to where tfox leaked that information about Days of Ruin and when? The only info I've heard about tfox is that he's a troll who makes stuff up on the Advance Wars board on GameFAQs all the time.

And honestly? He sounds kind of dumb: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138617
Where did you hear about him being a troll. He has been very polite to me in all the conversations I had with him. He wrote me a PM back detailing all the scepticism many of you have about his comments. Here is what I wrote to him:

Originally Posted by ChronoBound
I sent you another e-mail. Here is what I wrote in it:

Since I have accepted your comments as being truthful, a lot of people have started accepting Mewtwo and Roy being in the North American version of Brawl as fact. However, there has been a lot of skepticism about your comments.

One is that according to G4 the NA version of Brawl is not much different from the Japanese version. Having Metwo and Roy would be a big difference.

Another is that according to some users, you troll a lot on the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin board on GameFAQs.

Three, is there any proof that they are being added to the NA version. You said that Roy is being localized by IS, yet IS is a Japanese dev team. Can you better explain your source to me.

Also, when do you expect Sakurai or Nintendo to make an announcement regarding DLC for Brawl, I highly doubt they are going to surprise everyone at the last minute with Mewtwo and Roy, and many Japanese fans willl be upset to learn that the NA version got two characters they didn't.

I am sorry if I am being a bit sceptical, however, a lot more people are believing it now, and I am going to need some more answers and perhaps proof if I am going to continue believing this.

Peace be with you.

Sincerely,
Snakey/ChronoBound

Here was his response:

1. I'm not sure about G4, but either they could have a advance copy of the disk, Sora didn't meet deadlines, or they have to keep it under wraps in the same fashion that coro-coro may have. I also may call in to doubt how thourough they went into the Japanese version, or how credible G4 has been in the past years.
2. I've been part of the Gamefaqs AW community since AW2. And I've been a fan since AW1. Now for DoR, they drastically changed the series; the look, atmosphere, balancing, units, music, and modes. They left everything that made me a die-hard fan. With the change, many people jumped on the bandwagon that the new change was good, the game was balanced, or the new look is what it needed. I posted on NGG that the new game would be revealed at E3 a month before, and a week before. The game had low coverage, but I then was forwarded the link to a french site that had a image of the title screen. I had a second link to a PAL release list including it. Now there are two types of AW fans. The ones who love how the game is-mechanics, songs, sprites, and strategy; and the ones who love it for the balance-numbers, formulas, and other techs. I'm the first type, and can't stand when people discect the game to complain about it, or hack it just for statistics, ectera. So naturally, when a game revamping balance at the cost of the soul (music, enjoyable characters, story, balance) comes out, of course they will clash. I still play AWDS more then DoR.

3. When it comes to IS localization, from what I understand, is that either they have a similiar team in Treehouse, or an in-branch localization team. My online friend, he told me he localizes for IS games, and has provided accurate information before, so I trust him with said information. IS has different localization teams as I understand, which is shown in various changes in character names and script in AWDS, AWDoR, and FE: RD. They appear in credits aswell.

4. I'm truely unsure when it comes to Sakurai. Look at multiple instances pre-sonic when they abosolutely HAD to announce him before said convention or announcement by SEGA. Or Olimar preannouncement not being in corocoro. If they are delayed or don't meet deadlines, there is possibility in them using the same DLC content for America. Aside from us not having certain wiiware development, but thats the reason they are pushing to have it in-disk.

5. Some people have had doubts about me doubting/trying to debunk the 35 roster. When it deconfirmed any AW characters entirely, the optimist in me had to deconfirm it. The only parts believable to me were Marth, Wolf, and the returnees. I also didn't want to believe in Lucario because Serebii was too optmistic/a jerk by keeping mewtwo completely out. (And this was before I knew about the DLC). The majority reason though is that it really limited the last smash bros. game. When it was hyped so highly.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
He definitely seems like someone who believes things out of hope. Oh well. I'll follow up and see if anyone remembers his posts before E3. I honestly don't see this happening, as awesome as it might be.

pirkid

Smash Lord
DLC?
Free or Wii Points? Because if it needs to be paid for, we won't be able to use Roy and M2 online.

Unless WI-FI- is region locked.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
At The Yahoo brawl page it gives the top 5 reasons to get brawl. the first one is:

Over 40 reasons to buy brawl really (something like that) it is refering to the amount of characters....
And you're trust Yahoo? Something that's about as reliable as IMDB.

Zevox

Smash Lord
You know something is wrong when GameFAQs is being more mature about this rumor than SmashBoards.
Please Chrono, tell me thats hyperbole. I know this place has gone downhill lately, but it hasn't gotten that bad, has it?

...has it? :(

Zevox

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I never did say i trusted it, I just said what it is insinuating. To many people here jsut want to fight...
Oh okay.

But find this funny because people:

1) Are reading to much into this thinking it will actually happen
2) For some reason, now actually CARE about Mewtwo and Roy despite the fact that the tier list in Melee made them NOT care about them
3) Some people being dumb enough NOT wanting them because they MIGHT be clones. Even if it means MORE CHARACTERS!

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41465510

This topic sure does seem more mature than this one, and it does have the same content.

Not only that, but look at what BMCDohl says on pg 6 of the topic

Well, at least this board isn't flaming the crap out of you for no reason (unlike some other board one could mention)
:laugh:

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
I really have my doubts.

1)An English version of Brawl was won yesterday in a Nintendo hosted tourney in NYC iirc, we would've heard about it already. Don't hold me to this, because there's 4 N-hosted tourneys and it's possible Brawl won't be handed out until the last one finishes(March 8)

2)Why the **** would Sakurai and devs release an incomplete game, especially when to make it complete, it only takes a little over a month extra time.

3)It would seriously conflict with trophies, all-star, and SSE

4)Look at TFox's fifth point in his most recent e-mail.

I'm calling bs on this.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Oh okay.

But find this funny because people:

1) Are reading to much into this thinking it will actually happen
2) For some reason, now actually CARE about Mewtwo and Roy despite the fact that the tier list in Melee made them NOT care about them
3) Some people being dumb enough NOT wanting them because they MIGHT be clones. Even if it means MORE CHARACTERS!
hehehe alright then. I get your point.

1-3 make me lol so hard

Zevox

Smash Lord
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41465510

This topic sure does seem more mature than this one, and it does have the same content.
...this is a sad day. You're right - they are handling it much more maturely on GameFAQs. Not only that, a few are actually contributing to the discussion intelligently, which is more than we can say for most posters here.

Wow. I normally enjoy irony, but this is one instance I could really do without it.

Zevox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom