• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Dixie fans may be upset about K. Rool's inclusion and Dixie not being included, but I'm not certain.
Most Dixie Kong fans are chill with the idea of K. Rool getting in before her (though they do admit they would be disappointed if she fails to get in at all). Many Dixie Kong fans are fans of K. Rool, and vice versa.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
K. Rool and Dixie Kong are like Meta Knight and King Dedede, both deserve to be in and are great characters overall.
DK actually does deserve two new characters, it can certainly warrant it that's for sure. Problem only lies that we're getting less newcomers this time, so 2 newcomers from the same series seems a bit overkill. If Dixie would turn out a semi-clone of Diddy, then I can see K. Rool still getting in though, since semi-clones don't require too much work, which really would be a best case scenario for DK.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still want Adeline as a Kirby Rep.
Still wonder why she never returned after Kirby 64, especially considering she was a playable character in that game. She was certainly well-received as a character. I guess some people at HAL (perhaps even Sakurai who didn't work on Kirby 64 at all aside from voicing King Dedede) didn't like the idea of a human girl being among the Kirby cast.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My inner Kirby fan still hopes for Zero to appear in another Kirby game someday.

Same goes for Adeline and Prince Fluff.
I was about to piss my pants when I saw that Magolor's final form in Return to Dreamland had the Dark Matter eye. Really want another game with Dark Matter/Zero as main villains.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Zero was such a classic character, I would love for him to be in the next game. I'd accept Adeline, Zero and Waddle Dee as a Kirby Rep.

EDIT: Oh, and Dark Matter.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was about to piss my pants when I saw that Magolor's final form in Return to Dreamland had the Dark Matter eye. Really want another game with Dark Matter/Zero as main villains.
I was surprised to find out about Dark Matter in that one sub-game in Kirby Mass Attack, (and even more surprised to find out Escargoon from the anime made a cameo in the sub-game) though, I still hope for Dark Matter and Zero to return in the series at some point. Of course I'll be extremely shocked if we ever see Zero again, but Dark Matter has at least made a fairly recent appearance. That and the fact that it's not always associated with Zero gives me a bit more hope for the Dark Matter to return.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Translation:

But really tho. I'm vulgar, and rude. Mostly I'm not serious though. You really do have to get over the drama thing. Kuma x Chu is well over four years old. Back in the day,it was much harder to stop the drama from happening because you only had one thread, and the same 20 or so users circulating. No new blood, and the person you dislike is always there.

U kids got it lucky yo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nah, I think third party speculation is good as over.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I dislike you more than I dislike the average user, Shorts. Which isn't saying much.

But dammit if I don't respect and agree with you 99% of the time. Especially when it comes to roster choice.

/that's how you hate each other sans drama

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
HBIC *****.

U know wat it do.

(My language skills are degenerating, time for bed)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
......Just what the hell happened in the last few pages?

While the dust has settled for now, you guys don't want to get the thread locked, do you?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Saturn wants to put Roy on his roster over Chrom, why are people giving him a hard time? Roy just as much has a chance of getting in Smash 4 as Chrom does.

I think people who merely assume "most recent = shoe-in" are using pretty flawed logic. I mean we got Olimar over any Pikmin 3 protagonist, and Toon Link over ALBW's "child" Link.
And yet if veterans are in recent games, they are considered shoe-in?

Marth, Ike, and Roy were in Awakening too and people say they are still relevant and more likely to get in SSB4. But Chrom is the main character in Awakening, people say relevancy don't matter and he's not likely.

Mewtwo, Lucario, and 1st gen starters got Mega evolutions in 6th gen (and Jigglypuff got the new fairy type) and people say they are still relevant and more likely to get in SSB4. But for the long time before 6th gen was even announced, people say Zoroark is not a shoe-in and not likely even though it was relevant during the 5th gen.

Double standards?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
......Just what the hell happened in the last few pages?

While the dust has settled for now, you guys don't want to get the thread locked, do you?
I just finished reading through the last few pages and now I remember why I don't come here as often and why Fire Emblem discussions have such a bad reputation around here.

When Chrono, Golden, Shortie and Saturn all started to argue, I knew it would be recipe for disaster. (No offense to any of them.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Marth, Ike, and Roy were in Awakening too and people say they are still relevant and more likely to get in SSB4. But Chrom is the main character in Awakening, people say relevancy don't matter and he's not likely.

Mewtwo, Lucario, and 1st gen starters got Mega evolutions in 6th gen (and Jigglypuff got the new fairy type) and people say they are still relevant and more likely to get in SSB4. But for the long time before 6th gen was even announced, people say Zoroark is not a shoe-in and not likely even though it was relevant during the 5th gen.

Double standards?
Dunno. I feel this is what exactly happened in Toon Link's case.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A Link Between Worlds was announced on November 3, 2011 but they didn't elaborate what it was besides a new Zelda game that takes place in the same Hyrule as the SNES game.

Sakurai started working on SSB4 in 2012.

The Wind Waker HD was officially announced on January 23, 2013 and they told us right off the bat that it was a HD remake of the original game.

I think this was when Sakurai saw the HD remake and decided to add Toon Link to the SSB4 roster.

A Link Between Worlds was officially revealed with a trailer on April 17, 2013.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think this was when Sakurai saw the HD remake and decided to add Toon Link to the SSB4 roster.

A Link Between Worlds was officially revealed with a trailer on April 17, 2013.
The problem with this hypothesis is that we know for a fact that Sakurai goes to the Zelda team for the designs to use for Smash Bros.

Aonuma could very well have given Sakurai the A Link Between Worlds design for "child" Link, and Sakurai would probably have been cool with still calling it Toon Link.

Da Plant

Smash Rookie
What is so significant about Isaac anyway? I just got here, but I know a lot of people on GameFAQs really appreciate him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The most significant thing about Isaac is that he's the main focus of Golden Sun.

...And from experience, that's all I can gather. His playstyle isn't in particular anything special, and his design is pretty basic for the RPG protagonist archetype. The character is just very straight forward, which in my eyes is not really interesting.

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
i'm not a big fan of the golden sun series, but i think Matthew is a better choice then isaac.

- matthew is the most recent golden sun hero.

- it also seem like sakurai going select new character that came after brawl and before ssb4 (unless it's a retro character)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I really find it hard to even give a **** about Isaac.
Isaac is basically an avatar for the Golden Sun series as a whole. People love Golden Sun a great deal, and they want a character to represent it. Since Isaac is the more popular of the two GBA main protagonists, Isaac has the most support of any Golden Sun character.

Personally, I have not played the Golden Sun series, however, more Nintendo series with playable representation, the better.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Isaac is basically an avatar for the Golden Sun series as a whole. People love Golden Sun a great deal, and they want a character to represent it. Since Isaac is the more popular of the two GBA main protagonists, Isaac has the most support of any Golden Sun character.

Personally, I have not played the Golden Sun series, however, more Nintendo series with playable representation, the better.
That's fine and all, the reasoning for wanting him is justifiable, but in the end I simply don't care about him or his series for that matter.

?????????????

Smash Master
I think Golden Sun, as a series, stands out among other potential..."random" series, like Sin & Punishment and Legendary Starfy. I also think Isaac would be very unique playstyle-wise in Super Smash Bros., using psynergy, Earth based attacks, and summons.

That being said, there are other new series that I'd rather see representation for, like Punch-Out!! and Xeno. A pretty strong bulk of my subscribers would prefer if I had Isaac on my roster over Palutena, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea I try not to get involved in flame wars, because that is all that happens with Fire Emblem. I'd like to see Chrom. I'd honestly like to see Roy too. I just think that the Fire Emblem roster is going to be Marth, Chrom, Ike initially. If there is DLC, I think Roy is a slam dunk addition. ESPECIALLY if there is a remake in the works.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Double standards?
Well, the situations are slightly different. The thing with Fire Emblem is that they have rotating stars so the same character rarely takes the central point multiple times, much less appear across multiple games. DLC has allowed for quite a few of them to reappear and thus, become more notable. Pokémon is different in that the characters are always going to be there, even if among the large roster and Zoroark had the problem of not only not being able to take off, but also to not become as prominent in advertising as time went on. It kind of faded, even within its own generation, first with the advertising moving more towards the starters and the legendaries, then with Lucario taking its spotlight in the advertising with B2W2, and then 6th gen hit and while all the Smash veterans got new toys that put them more in the spotlight, Zoroark still remained in the background and got nothing. Zoroark was relevant, but it had a hard fall and it can't stand up, especially compared to the veterans.

Having said that, I don't think the DLC will win too many points as every lord aside from a few have it, so it's not really that special, especially since Chrom is the current main star everyone's going to remember.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Yea I try not to get involved in flame wars, because that is all that happens with Fire Emblem. I'd like to see Chrom. I'd honestly like to see Roy too. I just think that the Fire Emblem roster is going to be Marth, Chrom, Ike initially. If there is DLC, I think Roy is a slam dunk addition. ESPECIALLY if there is a remake in the works.
But the remake shouldn't matter, because we just go full circle and say "B-but roy is relevant because he had a remake" WWHD is not why Toon Link returned. I can guarantee you if a remake does pop out of no where (even though IS's FE team is working on a crossover) then Roy supporters will be hypocritical and say that he is a shoe-in, because of the remake.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Being included in Awakening DLC absolutely does not make you more prominent or likely. Every Fire Emblem game had at least one Lord get a redesign in Awakening. Mentioning that a certain FE lord was included in DLC is the same as mentioning they were once a main character, which in a race between Fire Emblem's main characters is a pretty pointless thing to bring up.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all! Hope you're all doing well.

Well, that was one hell of a ****storm of arrogance, warped demeanor's, and in some cases people just being themselves, I just read through. Nice job everyone, jolly good show.

So what's our topic? Golden Sun? Meh, if Isaac gets in good for him, but I care about more franchises than Golden Sun for Smash Bros 4.

Wait...and Fire Emblem as well? Let the "Roy because of Melee, Chrom because of Recency" arguments begin anew and tear everything asunder.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Good afternoon all! Hope you're all doing well.

Well, that was one hell of a ****storm of arrogance, warped demeanor's, and in some cases people just being themselves, I just read through. Nice job everyone, jolly good show.

So what's our topic? Golden Sun? Meh, if Isaac gets in good for him, but I care about more franchises than Golden Sun for Smash Bros 4.

Wait...and Fire Emblem as well? Let the "Roy because of Melee, Chrom because of Recency" arguments begin anew and tear everything asunder.
I still have no idea what happened last night. It was weird...

I've just been working today, so I really haven't been too active today. Just waiting for the week to start.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I still have no idea what happened last night. It was weird...

I've just been working today, so I really haven't been too active today. Just waiting for the week to start.
I thought it was clear that it mainly consisted of people being blatantly ignorant, having their statements be taken for something else, and some never wanting to admit when they're wrong when pretending to be the most civil. Regardless, I am just recovering from some diarrhea I had yesterday, just taking it easy and sipping Ginger Ale.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If there had to be another Sonic Rep, who would you want?
Logically it would be Tails, he's Sonic's Luigi. However, I'd love Eggman much more, just to see what interesting things they could do with him.

Needless to say I'm not in favor of another Sonic rep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom