• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Logically it would be Tails, he's Sonic's Luigi. However, I'd love Eggman much more, just to see what interesting things they could do with him.

Needless to say I'm not in favor of another Sonic rep though.
Yeah, I definitely don't want another Sonic Rep, but I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the matter would be.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I thought it was clear that it mainly consisted of people being blatantly ignorant, having their statements be taken for something else, and some never wanting to admit when they're wrong when pretending to be the most civil. Regardless, I am just recovering from some diarrhea I had yesterday, just taking it easy and sipping Ginger Ale.
Ew. Well, good luck with that.

D

Deleted member

Just need Sakurai to confirm that Marth and Ike will be the only FE characters, then the Corn vs. Ryu debates will be over.

And now thanks to Habanero's name for Chrom, I want to make a "Chrom Flakes" pic.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just need Sakurai to confirm that Marth and Ike will be the only FE characters, then the Corn vs. Ryu debates will be over.

And now thanks to Habanero's name for Chrom, I want to make a "Chrom Flakes" pic.
Sakurai would never confirm the FE characters. I suspect one of the will even be secret and never revealed until the game is released. He probably laughs at all of the debates. He is sick and demented! Like a Jigglypuff visiting a slaughterhouse. :jigglypuffmelee:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai would never confirm the FE characters. I suspect one of the will even be secret and never revealed until the game is released. He probably laughs at all of the debates. He is sick and demented! Like a Jigglypuff visiting a slaughterhouse. :jigglypuffmelee:
Rather fitting analogy, considering Jigglypuff is rather piggish. :troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If there had to be another Sonic Rep, who would you want?
Tails is about the only one I would accept openly. Knuckles/Metal Sonic/Eggman aren't bad and I wouldn't be mad. Unless Shadow was the second rep, then I think I'd really think it was time to retire Sakurai.

That said I'm not sure I'd want a second rep, as big a fan of Tails as I am.

Wow, what a crapstorm I missed. Guessing not many people are hoping for four Fire Emblem reps then. Shame Roy was removed in Brawl, otherwise everyone would pretty much expect four reps.

Morbi

Scavenger
Tails is about the only one I would accept openly. Knuckles/Metal Sonic/Eggman aren't bad and I wouldn't be mad. Unless Shadow was the second rep, then I think I'd really think it was time to retire Sakurai.

That said I'm not sure I'd want a second rep, as big a fan of Tails as I am.

Wow, what a crapstorm I missed. Guessing not many people are hoping for four Fire Emblem reps then. Shame Roy was removed in Brawl, otherwise everyone would pretty much expect four reps.
I am predicting that the Fire Emblem roster will look like this... Marth, Ike, and Jigglypuff. I think it is perfect. Can you imagine all of the Roy and Chrom supporters when they find out Jigglypuff just blatantly steals their spot on the roster. I expect FE music to play while fighting Jigglypuff. It will soothe and ease tensions for years to come. Like a Jigglypuff singing in the wind.
:jigglypuffmelee:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I am predicting that the Fire Emblem roster will look like this... Marth, Ike, and Jigglypuff. I think it is perfect. Can you imagine all of the Roy and Chrom supporters when they find out Jigglypuff just blatantly steals their spot on the roster. I expect FE music to play while fighting Jigglypuff. It will soothe and ease tensions for years to come. Like a Jigglypuff singing in the wind.
Let's just say...Chrom and Roy are being handled by "Top Men".

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well... at least that will open room for a new proper pokemon newcomer if Jigglypuff is a Fire Emblem character now... :bee:

Oh, and Jigglypuff is best Lord!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Jigglypuff is best Lord

Turek

Smash Cadet

. . . here.

EDIT: OMG OMG FIRST POST. I can't believe I have a post.

Morbi

Scavenger
You're drifting off-topic~
Spoken like a true moderator. Like a Jigglypuff carefully deciding what flavor of cake it wants. :jigglypuffmelee:

Seriously though. I actually am going to start predicting against Ridley. I don't know how they would make him work on the 3DS. Would they even be able to bold him? Would they need to pick a less complex design. I just don't see it happening anymore.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I still want Elite Beat Agents. >_>

As low as a chance that is happening, I feel like the next newcomer will be from a new series, maybe Professor Layton? Or Little Mac.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I thought it was clear that it mainly consisted of people being blatantly ignorant, having their statements be taken for something else, and some never wanting to admit when they're wrong when pretending to be the most civil.
no comment

A Link Between Worlds was announced on November 3, 2011 but they didn't elaborate what it was besides a new Zelda game that takes place in the same Hyrule as the SNES game.

Sakurai started working on SSB4 in 2012.

The Wind Waker HD was officially announced on January 23, 2013 and they told us right off the bat that it was a HD remake of the original game.

I think this was when Sakurai saw the HD remake and decided to add Toon Link to the SSB4 roster.

A Link Between Worlds was officially revealed with a trailer on April 17, 2013.
There was NEVER a competition between the two. LBW Link is just small link, where Toon Link has WAY more distinctive characteristics and is from a different styled game.

i'm not a big fan of the golden sun series, but i think Matthew is a better choice then isaac.

- matthew is the most recent golden sun hero.

- it also seem like sakurai going select new character that came after brawl and before ssb4 (unless it's a retro character)
Then why did we get Wind Waker Link isntead of Spirit Tracks Link? And Olimar instead of Alph?

If there had to be another Sonic Rep, who would you want?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Spoken like a true moderator. Like a Jigglypuff carefully deciding what flavor of cake it wants. :jigglypuffmelee:

Seriously though. I actually am going to start predicting against Ridley. I don't know how they would make him work on the 3DS. Would they even be able to bold him? Would they need to pick a less complex design. I just don't see it happening anymore.

The 3DS can easily handle Ridley, as you can see.

Seriously, the 3DS is alot more powerful than people take it for.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still want Elite Beat Agents. >_>

As low as a chance that is happening, I feel like the next newcomer will be from a new series, maybe Professor Layton? Or Little Mac.
I also want Elite Four Agents. Probably the Kanto set not that the Johto Elite 4 is a horrible notion or anything of the sort. Like a Jigglypuff purposely misreading posts. :jigglypuffmelee:

In all reality, I think Palutena will be the next newcomer revealed. She seems like... the most obvious?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I can understand. I mean, scaling down and making him smaller is one thing, whole 'nother story when you try to not make him, well, awkward.

They're two aspects to making him work that people don't seem to understand, but Sakurai knows about his demand as a character, and stated that he could work, yet would probably be slow, so I really have no problem seeing Sakurai making him work out. But we can just wait and see.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
. . . here.

EDIT: OMG OMG FIRST POST. I can't believe I have a post.

OMG
HUCKLEBERRY HOUND MASK?

Chrom alt costume revealed.

Awakening is my first Fire Emblem game, but I'm confused; I thought Robin/My Unit/Avatar/Tactician was the main character?

Also here's a roster or something for you to pick apart(ignore the coloured borders, I forgot to do them all properly):

Notes:
- Samus has Zero Suit Samus, I just didn't like any of the icons with them both on.
- Duck Hunt Dog is a wildcard.
- I don't see Toad as unlikely as I thought he'd be after Peach's reveal, and prior to Toon Link.
- Four Fire Emblem reps are unlikely, I know.
- Going to side with the rumour of Pac, Mac and Mii. I'd rather not the last 'character' but I can see it as likely.
- This is probably the most standard my roster has ever been.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Pretty good Roster. No K Rool is saddening, but that's okay.
As your said about the Fire Emblem Reps
Not too fond of Duck Hunt Dog
I don't think Lucas will make the cut, but that's just my opinion.

Other than that it's pretty good.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Also here's a roster or something for you to pick apart(ignore the coloured borders, I forgot to do them all properly):

Notes:
- Samus has Zero Suit Samus, I just didn't like any of the icons with them both on.
- Duck Hunt Dog is a wildcard.
- I don't see Toad as unlikely as I thought he'd be after Peach's reveal, and prior to Toon Link.
- Four Fire Emblem reps are unlikely, I know.
- Going to side with the rumour of Pac, Mac and Mii. I'd rather not the last 'character' but I can see it as likely.
- This is probably the most standard my roster has ever been.
Alright, I like your choices, but I don't see the need for 4 FE reps and I still find Toad unlikely.

I don't think the rumor is true, though. While unlikely, all 6 guesses are very understandable, as AC and Wii Fit are HUGE parts of Nintendo.

Um... I don't like Duck Hunt Dog, as I find it likely that they will get in trouble with PETA. nd plus I just don't like him in general.

Bonus points for Dixie, though.

Morbi

Scavenger

Seriously, the 3DS is alot more powerful than people take it for.
Yeah... but then scale him down and process four of them at once while managing to bold the outline without desecrating any detail... then come talk to me and my Jigglypuff. :jigglypuffmelee:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That doesn't sound any harder than doing Charizard.
The only difference between Ridley and Charizard is that Ridley has longer and thinner limbs than Charizard. It makes him harder to animate per say, but it shouldn't make him look like a pruple barf on the 3DS.

Morbi

Scavenger
Really? You think Charizard is more detailed than Ridley. Just no. NO. They don't even need to scale down Charizard either. It is fine. I will eat my words if I am wrong. I am not going to throw logic out the window just because Ridley is a cool character.

"That doesn't sound any harder than Jigglypuff!" > What your quote sounded like to my ears. :jigglypuffmelee:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alright, I like your choices, but I don't see the need for 4 FE reps and I still find Toad unlikely.

I don't think the rumor is true, though. While unlikely, all 6 guesses are very understandable, as AC and Wii Fit are HUGE parts of Nintendo.

Um... I don't like Duck Hunt Dog, as I find it likely that they will get in trouble with PETA. nd plus I just don't like him in general.

Bonus points for Dixie, though.
Thanks for the review, but I have a question about the PETA thing as it's been brought up a few times:

Punching monkeys and apes in the face is okay, but not dogs?

I mean, I know the concern regarding PETA(They're insane; Tanooki Mario anyone?) but seems like it's odd to punch Dixie, DK or Diddy and get away with it but not a cartoon dog.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Size-wise, I'm sure he'll be huge, my guess on par or taller than Ganondorf, but not by a large amount (Or, in this game, a bit taller than Bowser, since I'm guessing the two baddies will be equal height as Bowser's standing upright). I dunno, he could work, but he would either be really overpowered, which would make people complain, or really sucky, due to his size, weight, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom