• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It would be reasonable if anytime I say anything to you, you didn't keep telling me to "let go of my grudge" and accuse me of attacking you when I don't.

If you can agree to not do that anymore, then deal.
I feel there is no need to complain about me. But I think you will continue to do so. Nevertheless, I won't bring you up.

D

Deleted member

I feel there is no need to complain about me. But I think you will continue to do so. Nevertheless, I won't bring you up.
If you stop treating Chrom fans like garbage simply because they're Chrom fans, there would be no reason to complain. Jus' sayin'.

EDIT: Hate the character, not the people.

D

Deleted member

Chrom fans need to stop treating Roy like garbage, because aside from myself I see hardly anyone stick up for Roy.
Not all Chrom fans do that, though.
You may get your Gamefaquies and your 4channers, but for the most part, Chrom fans here just want Chrom more than Roy. It's not that they hate Roy, it's just they like Chrom better. Some of them aren't even Chrom fans; they just think Chrom is more likely to show up. That is no justification for treating them like you do.

Save it for the ones that are actually being hateful on Roy.

EDIT: I would know about when a character is being treated like garbage by others; I'm a Waluigi fan after all. You think Roy has it bad? The worst people say about Roy is mere catty chatter compared to what people say about Waluigi....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

This is becoming a pointing fingers game.

because aside from myself I see hardly anyone stick up for Roy.

Dead wrong.

Sticking up for Roy doesn't translate into going on the offensive.

We have lots of Roy supporters. Don't underestimate your own group Chrono.

Also, don't group all fans of a character into a group.

D

Deleted member

If only I had fingers to point with....instead all I got are these paw stubs.

EDIT: Just realized that joke doesn't work with my lack of an Entei avatar.....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ChronoBound did note that demand for Zoroark was falling ever since the announcement of Pokémon X & Y. I'd assume that Zoroark's fan base has collapsed by now. Rest should be the same, barring 5th gen Pokémons.
Shut your ***** mouth SSBF. And yes, it's pretty small now. :blush:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I understand where people are coming from with Miis, but I see the Mii itself as it's own character. Being able to customize it's look would just be the luxury in Smash. I don't understand however why names and looks are a problem. You can name yourself in Melee & Brawl and even have it appear above you. Looks just seem like a minor nitpick in terms of issues. I honestly don't give a **** if my opponent looks like Obama because It's still "Mii".

The question is would too many people main it online? I don't think so at all because unlike in Mario Kart the Mii has it's own move and uniqueness, so people would care if they play as it all the time.

I would like to see customization worked into this though. Maybe a room where you could add Wings for multiple jumps, armor to make you heavier, and other trait related customization.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Chrom fans need to stop treating Roy like garbage, because aside from myself I see hardly anyone stick up for Roy.
I'm a Chrom fan, and I stood up for him... like 5 or 6 pages back maybe? You can't categorize all people into one group when that's not entirely true.

On a different note, going to Link for a second, I wish he was the Skyward Sword version so he could use different items like the Hook Beetle, Dogma Mitts, Gust Bellows, Whip and maybe the Sailcloth somehow? I actually really liked the Skyward Sword of Link and Zelda, but I'm not sure other people do?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just noticed.

Whenever there's a fight, why do I always try to stop it?

Am I too nice?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
People are going to blow up when Miis are confirmed. They are more hated than Tingle even at GameFAQs (did a poll once there over which one they would prefer, and Tingle won handily).

That should give you an idea on how well Miis are going to go over (at least with the traditional Smash Bros. crowd).

I still expect them though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Miis seem likely, in spite of the amount of hatred they get. I used to like the idea of them, but now theres something about them that bugs me. I just have a feeling things won't go over well if Miis are included....

Then again, I won't be too surprised if people get used to them or even grow on them after a while like R.O.B. and WFT.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
FE6 was the revival of the series. I believe that's the main reason it got so popular. Plus its just a good game.

I'm sure Melee had some part, but I highly doubt it was the main reason.
Iunno, Oasis' girlfriend said that it's not very good.

Dating back to the original threads in 2008, Smash 4 speculation has always been dramatic.
It's like mean girls but with nerds and less sex.
A LOT LESS

Don't start.
Like you can tell me what to do. Report/Walk away. But **** will always be dramatic. Just deal yo

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People are going to blow up when Miis are confirmed. They are more hated than Tingle even at GameFAQs (did a poll once there over which one they would prefer, and Tingle won handily).

That should give you an idea on how well Miis are going to go over (at least with the traditional Smash Bros. crowd).

I still expect them though.
Yeah, I'm expecting them too, it's kind of unavoidable, rumor or not. This game is gonna represent the Wii, just like Brawl represented the Gamecube and Melee represented the 64, and what better way to represent the Wii than with the console's mascots, which seemingly are becoming staple Nintendo console mascots. Not gonna like it, but I have intentionally been cramming it into my head that they are as good as confirmed, to not be angered when they are announced. There are few characters I'd hate to see in this game, with Mii being the only realistic one, and that's only because of how big a disease they'll be to online play. At least with Pac-Man it's gonna be fun beating the snot out of him, but the penis Miis are gonna get boring very quickly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Miis seem likely, in spite of the amount of hatred they get. I used to like the idea of them, but now theres something about them that bugs me. I just have a feeling things won't go over well if Miis are included....

Then again, I won't be too surprised if people get used to them or evern grow on them after a while like R.O.B. and WFT.
I have a feeling around 1/3 to a half of the newcomers to Smash 4 are going to get a mixed reception. For example, I can see a lot of people whining about Toad making it in (although I like the little guy) because of the vast diversity there is for a potential Mario newcomer (meaning that the relatively large pool of candidates for a newcomer for Mario is going to make people attack whatever character ends up being chosen).

Pac-Man is another one I can see a lot of people bashing, as well as depending on how Chrom turns out (if he replaces Ike, he is going to get a much more extreme version of what Lucario suffered, or even if he is an Ike-clone).

Dixie Kong will also be unfairly bashed if K. Rool does not get in, even if she is a Wolf/Lucas style "clone".

Toon Zelda would also make a lot of people explode.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I mean I love Tingle and want him in, and I don't want the Miis in.

Sadly I feel like they are going to be in, and of course people will get mad as people do whenever someone gets released.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Miis will be the character that redeems this cast for me. Behind Dixie, and maybe K Rool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Iunno, Oasis' girlfriend said that it's not very good.
Personally, I don't think FE8 and FE10 are not very good, and I think FE13 has an assortment of problems. That is why you look at things such as aggregates, to get an idea on what a group on the whole feels about something.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I have a feeling around 1/3 to a half of the newcomers to Smash 4 are going to get a mixed reception. For example, I can see a lot of people whining about Toad making it in (although I like the little guy) because of the vast diversity there is for a potential Mario newcomer (meaning that the relatively large pool of candidates for a newcomer for Mario is going to make people attack whatever character ends up being chosen).

Pac-Man is another one I can see a lot of people bashing, as well as depending on how Chrom turns out (if he replaces Ike, he is going to get a much more extreme version of what Lucario suffered, or even if he is an Ike-clone).

Dixie Kong will also be unfairly bashed if K. Rool does not get in, even if she is a Wolf/Lucas style "clone".

I think because Zelda spots are so widely contested that everyone will be mad with whoever gets that last spot, if there even IS a last spot.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think because Zelda spots are so widely contested that everyone will be mad with whoever gets that last spot, if there even IS a last spot.
Yeah, no potential Zelda newcomer will go over well. At least I could see people warming up to Toad or Paper Mario over time (and Bowser Jr. as well if he is not a clone).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I see Toon Zelda as the likely choice, and Tingle as the less likely, but possible choice.

Ghiry is dead, methinks. Maybe not Vaati dead, but still dead.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I don't think we're getting another Zelda character, there was a bigger chance that they'd be cut down to 3 characters I felt until TL's announcement, it's probably gonna stay like in Brawl this time around.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Unfortunately there will always be people who'll be upset about newcomers. Some never seem to get over it either. People will probably be upset about Bowser Jr., though I know a lot of people still dislike Toad, so I don't think Jr. will get as much hate.

I'm not certain about Dixie, she doesn't seem like the character that would get a lot of hatred to me. (unless she's is a near complete clone of Diddy, which would be very unlikely)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
K Rool is a ***** ass punk. Dixie's where it's at.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I see Toon Zelda as the likely choice, and Tingle as the less likely, but possible choice.

Ghiry is dead, methinks. Maybe not Vaati dead, but still dead.
I see the list for plausible Zelda newcomers being:
Toon Zelda
Impa
Tingle
Ghirahim

That's it (with maybe the possible exception of Toon Sheik).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not certain about Dixie, she doesn't seem like the character that would get a lot of hatred to me. (unless she's is a near complete clone of Diddy, which would be very unlikely)
Dixie will definitely get hate. Wolf fans were absolutely slaughtered by Krystal fans after Brawl's roster leaked, just imagine how a big fanbase as K. Rool's would react to Dixie getting in over K. Rool. Blood. Everywhere.

In all honesty though, K. Rool's fanbase is chill for the most part.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I wasn't too fond of Dixie at first, but she's growing on me. I still want K. Rool more, but if Dixie takes the spot I think I'll be okay.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Impa is a dream, in my opinion. Like Tharja.

A really neat idea that won't happen. Zelda isn't gonna be SS looking, and neither will Shiek.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For some reason I feel Toon Zelda/Tetra is more likely than any other Zelda newcomer. Not sure why.

Unfortunately, she'd still get a lot of hate, and I'd assume it's solely because of the typical "clone" hate and people think Zelda shouldn't have another rep. Even if Toon Zelda and/or Tetra were completely unique, they'd still probably get hate.

Reznor

work in progress
Dixie will definitely get hate. Wolf fans were absolutely slaughtered by Krystal fans after Brawl's roster leaked, just imagine how a big fanbase as K. Rool's would react to Dixie getting in over K. Rool. Blood. Everywhere.

to be fair K. Rool's fans are way more civilized than Krystal fans

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, K. Rool has a pretty sane and mature fanbase for one that is as massive as it is. About the the worst thing (and maybe the only bad thing) you can say about them is that some of them are a little too harsh on Dixie Kong.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
K. Rool and Dixie Kong are like Meta Knight and King Dedede, both deserve to be in and are great characters overall.
I'd assume King Dedede or Meta Knight may have gotten hate if one of them got in but the other didn't. I think Dixie fans may be upset about K. Rool's inclusion and Dixie not being included, but I'm not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom