• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or have the last couple of nights been overly dramatic?
I have no patience for dramatics anymore. One of the reasons I am around much less. Also, need to finish my analyses for Smash 4 (very, very behind).

Also, working on various arguments for newcomers for Project M.

Reznor

work in progress
Are you kidding?

This is highly entertaining.

Besides, better we vent it now rather than build it up for later. Noah's just going to repeat this kind of **** again if we let him get away with logic as horribly flawed as what he said tonight. We'd be more irresponsible to let him think "representing different families" is an actually valid argument. You really want that on your conscience next time this inevitably happens?
agreed I love it when you guys get like this :bubblebobble:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Not when Golden and Chrono get into this.

I respect them too much to want to see them do this.
Especially when Golden and Chrono get into this!

I need some drama for their OTP fan-fic I'm writing.
Whenever people get pissy over something in this thread, we always know that Fire Emblem is to blame.
Or Pokemon.
Or Impa.
Or DivineDeity/somebody equally as high-octane flame-bait.

D

Deleted member

I did not attack him personally or drop profanity when talking about him.

I have no grudge against him, however, it seems a lot of people here have very long memories it seems.
Nor did I attack you personally or drop profanity towards you.
Seriously.

Why don't you let go of your grudge over something I don't even remember that you keep bringing up anytime I say something to you?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Just wondering: what do you think is the better rivalry?

Noah - God Robert's Cousin
Hotfeet - Noah

I tend to see GRC as Noah's rival, as I think he's been arguing with him since joining. (no offense, Hotfeet)

----

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nor did I attack you personally or drop profanity towards you.
Seriously.

Why don't you let go of your grudge over something I don't even remember that you keep bringing up anytime I say something to you?
I am pretty sure your initial post addressing me was filled with profanity.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Hotfeet - Noah

I tend to see GRC as Noah's rival, as I think he's been arguing with him since joining. (no offense, Hotfeet)

----
It'd be more of a rivalry if, one, I was known for being the village brat half the time so as to be on his level, and two, he wouldn't prevent any discussion in the first place by blocking me.

Hotfeet can have Noah. I don't want him. I want someone with a monocle and a badass mustache instead.

D

Deleted member

I am pretty sure your initial post addressing me was filled with profanity.
"I couldn't give two ****s about Chrom"

"two ****s about Chrom"

"about Chrom"

"about Chrom"

How about instead of assuming I'm swearing at you, you actually read what is being said?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Hotfeet - Noah

----
GRC is literally the only person I have on ignore. (and Peacock). But, the fire has been extinguished. Let's not start another.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
GRC is literally the only person I have on ignore. (and Peacock). But, the fire has been extinguished. Let's not start another.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

There are still some sparks....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Or Pokemon.
Or Impa.
Or DivineDeity/somebody equally as high-octane flame-bait.
With Pokémon it only really gets nasty when Lucario fans and Mewtwo fans go head to head with each other. (And discussing Jigglypuff's priority in Brawl.)

With Impa it's an army vs one man (or monkey to be more specific.)

Same with DivineDeity.

Reznor

work in progress
It'd be more of a rivalry if, one, I was known for being the village brat half the time so as to be on his level, and two, he wouldn't prevent any discussion in the first place by blocking me.

Hotfeet can have Noah. I don't want him. I want someone with a monocle and a badass mustache instead.
I want a rival but I think i'm too passive :(

do Hotfeet and Noah agree on any character I would love seeing them team up in a debate (could be funny)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How would you react to no Jigglypuff?

Mine:

I want a rival but I think i'm too passive :(

do Hotfeet and Noah agree on any character I would love seeing them team up in a debate (could be funny)
We agree on several things and share many interests. However...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm flattered to know you hold me in a special regard from others. It's like I'm one of the few people that can actually rustle your jimmies!
With Pokémon it only really gets nasty when Lucario fans and Mewtwo fans go head to head with each other. (And discussing Jigglypuff's priority in Brawl.)

With Impa it's an army vs one man.

Same with DivineDeity.
I never said how they were to blame. I merely said they are to blame, along with Fire Emblem. Hence, my point stands unscathed.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

With Impa it's an army vs one man (or monkey to be more specific.)

Same with DivineDeity.
This place is going to explode regardless of who we get during the second week of October.

The sad thing is that Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Mewtwo all have better resumes than any potential Pokemon newcomer, and we can very easily get five slots for Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Chill.

10chroms
Why do I need to chill? What part of that post showed any sort of anger?
All I told you was to read what was said instead of automatically assuming I'm swearing you out because of one profane word.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's 1:48 am where I am and I'm tired, but I'm tempted to wait and see how this ends...

Sneaky. I guess you wanted to hold on to that last shred of modesty.

----

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is it just me, or have the last couple of nights been overly dramatic?
Dating back to the original threads in 2008, Smash 4 speculation has always been dramatic.

I have no patience for dramatics anymore. One of the reasons I am around much less. Also, need to finish my analyses for Smash 4 (very, very behind).
Speak for yourself. I don't think I've left the social groups in quite a while. Also more analyses sound good, going to be boring to wait around for Oct 11th.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why do I need to chill? What part of that post showed any sort of anger?
All I told you was to read what was said instead of automatically assuming I'm swearing you out because of one profane word.
I just want to drop this and move on. How about we not personally attack each other? I am not going to bring you up, so don't bring me up. Sounds reasonable?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The only rivalry is the Backroom and this thread. And that's only because of boredom and people wanting to pick fights.
So where does the General Thread fit into this? I want a Mexican standoff.

D

Deleted member

I just want to drop this and move on. How about we not personally attack each other? I am not going to bring you up, so don't bring me up. Sounds reasonable?
It would be reasonable if anytime I say anything to you, you didn't keep telling me to "let go of my grudge" and accuse me of attacking you when I don't.

If you can agree to not do that anymore, then deal.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This place is going to explode regardless of who we get during the second week of October.

The sad thing is that Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and Mewtwo all have better resumes than any potential Pokemon newcomer, and we can very easily get five slots for Pokemon.
In some way I'd find that pretty comical. People are going pretty nuts here and there with Pokémon and who they think should or could be cut. To just see all the veterans return (except Pichu, **** Pichu) would be pretty funny considering all the discussions there has been about it, and damn satisfying too. I'm personally counting on getting the five holy vets of Pokémon, because they all have good reasons to stay, and it's obvious that Game Freak are intentionally milking them as much as possible.

I never said how they were to blame. I merely said they are to blame, along with Fire Emblem. Hence, my point stands unscathed.
Well, my point was that there's nothing that creates as much chaos as Fire Emblem. Usually it's Team Red vs Team Blue or something like that, but with Fire Emblem it's more like a big Free for All, we have supporters of Chrom vs Roy vs Ike vs My Unit vs Anna vs god knows who. It just very easily gets very messy with it. However, you are right that butthurt can still be caused otherwise, but Fire Emblem really ignites the hate flame, and further keeps on fueling it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I would say more so that it makes Junior less necessary. What I mean to say is that I feel representation of family is important to the Fire Emblem roster in terms of variety and necessary additions.
I was just being silly, but personally I always found Hardin to be the best new Fire Emblem character choice. He represents a lot of aspects of Fire Emblem; however, it seems more likely that they'll just continue to represent the series with main lords, rather than major supporting characters/villains.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Golden also mentioned something a few days ago about releases and anniversaries of games related to Pac-Man, Punch-Out!!!, and the casual Wii series being in October....

Hopefully the month will be interesting. I'll keep my eyes open for any curveballs, though.

General Thread is like the breeding grounds for both this place and the Backroom. Few ever truly leave it for one or the other.
I generally only go back and forth from this thread to the SSB4 Wii U social thread, except I'm not privileged enough for the backroom.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Hardin, he's rather recurring ain't he?
Don't remember much about him. Only that I like his newer design from the FE3 remake rather than his FE1 remake design:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, October is crammed with possible character reveals. Pokemon, Sonic, and IIRC, R.O.B.

Just another thing for me to look forward to in my favorite month. (this volatile site included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom