• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wanted to include Ike in the vanilla roster, but there was no room for him.
Ike probably should get priority over Ray or Chibi-Robo. Or THREE retros. At least, Sakurai would probably prioritize him above those characters (other than one new retro). FE was going to get three reps in Brawl, now that it's only bigger and more popular it's probably more likely to get three reps than two.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
a
If there was to be a couple of DLC characters, these would be my choices. Not that it is confirmed.

ha ha OK, well I like many of your choosen, but the dog of Duck Hunt, is not part of my selecction, I'm trying to think about the moveset of that character but I don't have many ideas

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Changed up my roster a bit:
-Palutena is back
-Falco is back, replacing Krystal
-DLC lineup changed up a bit, Wonder Red moved to DLC lineup.

Thoughts?
id drop Ray and Chibi Robo. i dont find either of those likely in the slightest. cut at least one of the retros (id say Duck Hunt Dog). pretty much everyone on that DLC that isnt Ike. and thats about it. other than that theres a few alternatives i would rather have, like Dixie as opposed to K Rool, but nothing i take real issue with.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So during the entire day since everything, I played around with my roster again after watching some videos regarding character inclusion and whatnot (well honestly it really has one actual character change and an organization change + a starter roster because why not).

(Starter Roster)
(Full Roster)

Please tell me what you think (visually too if possible, I'd like to see what I can approve there too).

Also as always this was not made in roster maker so please be aware that I actually spent time and effort putting this together.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is decidedly different than the roster I have in the roster contest.
View attachment 2462
I honestly love this roster. Although I disagree with some of your choices (No K. Rool or Ridley, Lucina over Chrom, Mach Rider instead of Takamaru...), I do agree with the cuts of Lucas, Wolf, and Toon Link, something that everyone disagreed with ME about.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So during the entire day since everything, I played around with my roster again after watching some videos regarding character inclusion and whatnot (well honestly it really has one actual character change and an organization change + a starter roster because why not).

(Starter Roster)
(Full Roster)

Please tell me what you think (visually too if possible, I'd like to see what I can approve there too).

Also as always this was not made in roster maker so please be aware that I actually spent time and effort putting this together.
No new FE characters 0/10 would not buy

jk it's actually pretty cool.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
(Full Roster)

That's... a pretty neat roster, nothing exaggerated (like another Mario or Starfox rep) and any weird ass character. Despite Mewtwo should be in his Mega-form just to balance a bit the gen reps, 4 of the 1st one is a bit too much. Also a 3rd FE rep how was originally intended to be and definetly one of the best rosters I've seen.

Good job.

Groose

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD GUISE I GOT A 98 ON MY AP BIO TEST I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!
GRATZ! But...Gosh... stop bringing up AP courses. Just... this is supposed to be my refuge from that hell. I've got four of those beasts this year, and it's going to be something else.
[collapse=Roster]
(Starter Roster)
(Full Roster)
[/collapse]

The visuals on this are very good, and like the layout of things as well. As usual, I have to say I'm not a fan of no cuts, and the roster is a bit large for my tastes. Even so, you did incorporate both the wanted, "likely" newcomers with a few "surprises" (Dillon, Mach Rider).

I'd say this scores a solid 8/10 on my list. Make a cut or two to lower the roster size and I'm completely sold.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

(Starter Roster)
(Full Roster)

My only complaint is that you have 5 Pokemon and 4 Mario and Zelda. Should add another character for both series and a 3rd Fire Emblem character. Other than that, a solid 9/10

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

(Starter Roster)
(Full Roster)

Probably my favorite roster I've seen. 10/10

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

(Starter Roster)
(Full Roster)

I like the roster. I still think it needs Isaac, and the chances of getting both Mach Rider and Takamaru are quite slim imo.

Now, visually, I really like it. Though Yoshi's desaturated colours look a bit off compared to the rest of the Mario crew.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I honestly love this roster. Although I disagree with some of your choices (No K. Rool or Ridley, Lucina over Chrom, Mach Rider instead of Takamaru...), I do agree with the cuts of Lucas, Wolf, and Toon Link, something that everyone disagreed with ME about.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ariand, your roster icons are so pretty. Would you be bothered if we used them?

As for the roster itself, I really like it, especially Dillon and Mach Rider.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It looks like the boards are kind of back to normal. Lets hope this stays. A big thank you to the Administration for the hard work!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yay! Smashboards is back in business! I have a new roster I will post later on (I'm kind of busy this whole week), but I'm hoping to get Roster Maker so I don't have to type it all out. I'll probably type this one and eventually make the physical roster. I decided to make the roster a solid 45 characters, and I tried to keep the characters likely and well wanted (although there MAY be some cuts and additions that people may be a bit angry about). It'll be up soon, I'm very confident about this one.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
As there is a 3ds Kingdom Hearts game, I do hope to see some square characters- Sora would be cool or even black mage as an assist trophy?
Agreed 250%

Also, with Smashboards back up, no more Sora concept art avi, only Skrull :teeth:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I actually had Sora on my Brawl roster when I was younger. He wouldn't actually be the worst choice for Square, contrary to popular belief, but I think that Sony Smash Bros or making a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia (YOU KNOW LIKE HOW IT WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSE TO BE) would have probably been better/would be and would make more sense.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see someone utilise Sora's original concept art to effect, like a ZSS or Shiek situation, idk

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if Sakurai wanted to include Sora (which itself is unlikely) obtaining the rights to him is a legal nightmare with both SE and Disney, so... it's possible, he'd be a cool character, and as far as SE goes he's a decent character to choose, but chances are he's never going to be included. :ohwell:

And if he was we probably wouldn't get an AT from a different SE series.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Even if Sakurai wanted to include Sora (which itself is unlikely) obtaining the rights to him is a legal nightmare with both SE and Disney, so... it's possible, he'd be a cool character, and as far as SE goes he's a decent character to choose, but chances are he's never going to be included. :ohwell:

And if he was we probably wouldn't get an AT from a different SE series.
^ This.

I mean they were picky during PSABR already. Just Square on their own. Let that sink in.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Personally for third parties; I feel Sonic and Pac-Man are the only way to go. Snake can come back too I guess. Not bothered either way.

Cloud Strife is still an odder choice for SE than Sora, but he's also kind of not someone I associate with Nintendo even if he has appeared on a few handhelds. More Sony still.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Speaking of third-parties, I've been doing a bit of thinking. A 4th 3rd party character obviously isn't out of the realm of possibility. Let's assume Snake and Sonic both return. What character would take the spot? I have a few characters that could suit the role. I wanna hear your opinion(s) on who you'd consider most likely or fitting.

Square-Enix: Sora, Hero (DQ)

Namco-Bandai: Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving

Ubisoft: Rayman

Level 5: Prof. Layton

My personal choice is the Hero.

What do you guys think? Anybody I missed?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Layton comes to mind. I'd say he's more likely than a SE character or Rayman.
Oh, thank you. I'd forgotten about Layton. However, I wouldn't put him above an SE rep, mainly for the stronger ties. My opinion, of coarse.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh god, finally able to log in on my phone. (+_+)

On the topic of 3rd parties, my choice would be Black Mage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, thank you. I'd forgotten about Layton. However, I wouldn't put him above an SE rep, mainly for the stronger ties. My opinion, of coarse.
I'd say his ties are just as strong, considering every one of his titles has had Nintendo's involvement to some extent (less so with the Ace Attorney crossover though). Sure, he doesn't go as far back as most SE series, but outside of DQ, he's had a much stronger tie to Nintendo (he might even have a stronger tie than DQ, considering his series has only ever been on Nintendo platforms - but I suppose that's debatable). Plus he's a more popular choice and his creator has expressed openness to his inclusion (in front of Sakurai).

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'd say his ties are just as strong, considering every one of his titles has had Nintendo's involvement to some extent (less so with the Ace Attorney crossover though). Sure, he doesn't go as far back as most SE series, but outside of DQ, he's had a much stronger tie to Nintendo (he might even have a stronger tie than DQ, considering his series has only ever been on Nintendo platforms - but I suppose that's debatable). Plus he's a more popular choice and his creator has expressed openness to his inclusion (in front of Sakurai).
I hadn't really thought about how his ties could actually rival Dragon Quest. I'm sticking with the Hero, but obviously Layton is more liable than I initially thought.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
AW MAN SMASHBOARDS IS BACK BABY
ive missed you all so much thank you admins <3
BluePikmin11 said:
It looks very neato, I say theres nothing wrong with the roster. Maybe it could use Chrom, but that's just me.
Edit: Maybe it needs Mii and Pac-Man too.
If the roster fifty characters, those would be the three I would add. No doubt about it. (Except probably a different FE character other than Chrom)
shinpichu said:
No new FE characters 0/10 would not buy

jk it's actually pretty cool.
Thanks! I really appreciate it.
Oniric Spriter said:
That's... a pretty neat roster, nothing exaggerated (like another Mario or Starfox rep) and any weird *** character. Despite Mewtwo should be in his Mega-form just to balance a bit the gen reps, 4 of the 1st one is a bit too much. Also a 3rd FE rep how was originally intended to be and definetly one of the best rosters I've seen.

Good job.
I'd imagine Lucario and Mewtwo to have Mega Evolutions implemented somewhere in their movesets (Mewtwo especially). A Fire Emblem rep (while certainly possible) seems pretty forced to me.
While Awakening has been so far acclaimed to be the best FE to date, there are many other ways to represent the game other than a character. Arena Ferox is just step one, assist trophys, items, music, trophies, are really just the beginning. Considering that the only character choices that legitimately have a chance appear to be Chrom and/or Lucina. The characters to pick out this time around really seem bland and don't add anything really new in the character balance. Everything Chrom can do are already equally placed and shown through Ike and Marth. Sure Chrom can be a unique character, but the chances of another Blue-Haired Fire Emblem Falchion user being completely different from an existing Blue-Haired Falchion user is very unlikely.
Groose said:
The visuals on this are very good, and like the layout of things as well. As usual, I have to say I'm not a fan of no cuts, and the roster is a bit large for my tastes. Even so, you did incorporate both the wanted, "likely" newcomers with a few "surprises" (Dillon, Mach Rider).

I'd say this scores a solid 8/10 on my list. Make a cut or two to lower the roster size and I'm completely sold.
Thanks! As I've sad before, I'm taking what Sakurai said to heart. He doesn't want anymore cuts, so I'm hoping he lives up to his word. If cuts did have to happen. Wolf and Lucario would probably go. I know Toon Link would probably be the first one to get on the chopping block, but I simply refuse to demean the Zelda franchise. I wouldn't be happy to see any character go, but if it had to happen. I would sadly expect those two to go.
CrusherMania1592 said:
My only complaint is that you have 5 Pokemon and 4 Mario and Zelda. Should add another character for both series and a 3rd Fire Emblem character. Other than that, a solid 9/10
I did add a Mario character, he goes by King K. Rool :troll:
Zelda doesn't need anymore characters, but my next bet would be Tingle.
I also already said why I didn't add another FE character.
Lasifer said:
Probably my favorite roster I've seen. 10/10
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.
FalKoopa said:
I like the roster. I still think it needs Isaac, and the chances of getting both Mach Rider and Takamaru are quite slim imo.
Yeah, I've said my opinion of Isaac's inclusion in the past. Despite his western demand, his future in Smash looks bleak for me. I mostly added Takamaru and Mach Rider for the added shock value Sakurai is likely to add into the roster after Wii Fit Trainer.
FalKoopa said:
Now, visually, I really like it. Though Yoshi's desaturated colours look a bit off compared to the rest of the Mario crew.
Yeah I've been eyeballing Yoshi for awhile now.
I'll probably use some artwork from NSMBW/U or something. Somebody else I've been eyeballing is Shulk, he looks a tad bit off center...
Ariand, your roster icons are so pretty. Would you be bothered if we used them?

As for the roster itself, I really like it, especially Dillon and Mach Rider.
naw, if people do want them. Just send me a message and I'll give you the ones you want.
Dat Ganon icon is sexy. I really like you included in shoulders in most of the opposed to just the head.​
aw ye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom