• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright, here's my new roster.

No cuts. (So it's basically Brawl's roster intact, + the Newcomers)

Just a complete company swap.
6 Misterious blank spaces for characters yet to be revealed.
3 of them were supposedly leaked.

-Didn't include Shan Yu because he was too big.
-Andy stays because he's the most important Toy Trainer of them all.

Thoughts? :D

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It wasn't working for all y'all either? Thank Gautama, I wasn't the only one.

So how does everyone feel with the Nintendo 2DS?

And also, if I'm not mistaken, I could have sworn that LoZ comes out on the Wii U virtual console tomorrow. Right?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
BTW, good to finally be back!

I had lost my internet connection for a week, and once I get it back... Smashboards is gone. -.-

2DS, eh... if it folded, I'd get it. I'll just get the 3DS XL.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

SHAN YU IS NOT TIO BIG LOOK AT WOODY HE IS TINY BUT THEY RESIZED HIM THEY COULD RESIZE SHAN YU HAS A POTENTIAL MOVESET HE IS A SHOO-IN!!!!!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
SHAN YU IS NOT TIO BIG LOOK AT WOODY HE IS TINY BUT THEY RESIZED HIM THEY COULD RESIZE SHAN YU HAS A POTENTIAL MOVESET HE IS A SHOO-IN!!!!!!

Hmm.. fair enough.
But after that Imperial Palace stage update, and Sakurai hinting at "an old foe of Mulan's past" appearing at any moment makes me believe he'll be a stage hazard.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Dragon Quest ties have been huge this past generation (Dragon Quest 9 and 10 [even if it was a failure]). If I believe that was a factor, I would bet on a Dragon Quest rep before anyone else. And that would be Sline of course.

Hello!
This is my first post, so here's a roster:
welcome!
I like that you got toad and five reps for both mario and pokemon. you even gave zelda five. I see you got a retro feel as you got bomberman, Mega Man and Sonic on the right. I think we will get Dixie before K. Rool. not that many franchise newcomers though.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hmm.. fair enough.
But after that Imperial Palace stage update, and Sakurai hinting at "an old foe of Mulan's past" appearing at any moment makes me believe he'll be a stage hazard.
Why does Toy Story have as much representation as the Mickey Mouse franchise? That's not fair to Peter Pan and the Little Mermaid franchises!

Seriously, though, LoZ is out on Virtual Console on the Wii U tomorrow. Could this mean anything? I'm guessing a 3% chance something interesting will happen.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Uh, recency and relevance? Spider-Man's films are not even owned by Disney. So I think they would go with some of the more RELEVANT avengers. Like Iron Man.

And Luke over Han Solo. Han Solo constantly ranks above Luke in all the popularity polls.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Dragon Quest ties have been huge this past generation (Dragon Quest 9 and 10 [even if it was a failure]). If I believe that was a factor, I would bet on a Dragon Quest rep before anyone else. And that would be Sline of course.

welcome!
I like that you got toad and five reps for both mario and pokemon. you even gave zelda five. I see you got a retro feel as you got bomberman, Mega Man and Sonic on the right. I think we will get Dixie before K. Rool. not that many franchise newcomers though.
People were staying that K. Rool was irrelevant because Dixie was in the new game Tropical Freeze

That wasn't a joke? Oh ok well NO JUST NO!
Well, at least nintendo can sell it to a poor man

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
People were staying that K. Rool was irrelevant because Dixie was in the new game Tropical Freeze
I don't think that's the reason. I think Dixie is easier to make since she can use Diddy as a base (not a clone), and she was previously in development for Brawl.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, now that I got back on the website, it's roster time! Tell me what you think!

SUPER SMASH BROS 4 ROSTER

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Mother:
Ness

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

Pikmin:
Olimar

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Xenoblade:
Shulk

Wii:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
ROB
Takamaru

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

So, what do you all think?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Alright, now that I got back on the website, it's roster time! Tell me what you think!

SUPER SMASH BROS 4 ROSTER

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

Mother:
Ness

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

Pikmin:
Olimar

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Punch Out:
Little Mac

Xenoblade:
Shulk

Wii:
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
ROB
Takamaru

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

So, what do you all think?
I think its good that you gave DK four. I think that idea is overrated. I like all the cuts you made. Most of the adds seem like popular characters and the leak, so I would hope that Sakurai goes more original. And I don't think we will get an all gen 1 with the pokemon.

have you considered using the roster maker?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think its good that you gave DK four. I think that idea is overrated. I like all the cuts you made. Most of the adds seem like popular characters and the leak, so I would hope that Sakurai goes more original. And I don't think we will get an all gen 1 with the pokemon.

have you considered using the roster maker?
I don't think all Gen 1 either, but I think Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and DK all need four and only four. Whether Trainer gets more Pokemon is debatable, but Mewtwo can be considered a 6th gen Pokemon what with the Mega Evolutions and movie. I do hope that Sakurai makes a very original roster, but this is what I predict the roster will look like. I hope we get a surprise or two though.

Yes, I have thought about Roster Maker, I just haven't downloaded it yet. Sorry for the long posts...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The site is back up...,

On BluePikmin's roster...

- I don't think we'll get both Isaac and Shulk

- If you want to go for a shock character, there are better ones out there (Prince Sable, Lip, etc) Harry is extremely unlikely given Nintendo tends to brush anything Virtual Boy related under the rug.

- I don't think Prof. Layton has a chance now. Snake and Pac-Man are FAR more likely.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, I don't like the way that is organized. I don't like seeing other characters put into the rows of
LoZ and Mario. Pacman doesn't have that much significance, even Tetris had more history on Nintendo then that. We already discussed Layton, he's like adding Conan. We don't need 2 animal crossing characters, because , well, villager is a newcomer. He has to earn a second rep.
Also, stop insisting Nintendogs. He is a Stage Hazard/Background Character. He's already de-confirmed.
Pauletena doesn't have that much of a moveset IMO, and Harry? He doesn't really have that much significance.
Also, I think Starfy might make it, but I doubt it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Harry is sorta the Mr. Game & Watch of Nintendo. I think he balances the roster well.
The roster is organized by games released history, this was orginally the roster, much better organized:

Still has the same characters.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Harry is sorta the Mr. Game & Watch of Nintendo. I think he balances the roster well.
The roster is organized by games released history, this was orginally the roster, much better organized:

Still has the same characters.
But we HAVE Mr.game and watch, so we don't need Harry. A much better choice could've been Sukapon or something/.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pauletena doesn't have that much of a moveset IMO,.
Palutena could have a very diverse and unique move set focused on light magic and her staff (not to mention her love able personality). The Palutena support thread has some great move sets.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Palutena could have a very diverse and unique move set focused on light magic and her staff (not to mention her love able personality). The Palutena support thread has some great move sets.
Lovable personality?! Palutena is a horrible goddess and a horrible protector of Pit! I don't understand why people like her :/

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I'm glad they put Oswald back in a lot of people thought he was going to get cut this time round.

Honestly disappointed Andy wasn't given Slinky Dog to use. He'd have a crazy tether recovery.

Aladdin gets three reps and Lion King only gets two? Diiiisney *shakes fist*

Still no Stitch or Kuzco, eh? I guess those are just pipe dreams of mine.

(Also Kermit's finally been leaked? I've been waiting for this!)

(as a side note I like the fact that Kingdom Hearts Sora can't even make it onto a Disney Smash Roster.)

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I have some questions regarding Nintendo's info bomb yesterday.

2DS
- To anyone that has a 3DS how does it look when you turn off the 3D?
- How do your hands feel with the buttons; mine feel fine with my DSi?
- Is 3D i'll rarely use worth $40?

Why I wouldn't use 3D is because I have daily migraines and whenever I see anything in 3D (movies/tv) my head gets a lot worse.

Wind Waker HD Bundle
- Do you think Smash Bros. will get a bundle as well?
- What do you think will be included? (pro controller, free Smash Bros. (N64) digital copy, ect.)
- If the bundle is made do you think it will come with a hard copy or a digital copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?

I personally don't like digital copies, I like hard copies so I would prefer if Super Smash Bros. for Wii U came in the bundle with a hard copy game.

So ideally I would be getting the Ganondorf Figurine edition and keep it in my room until I save up enough to get a Smash Bros. Bundle next year.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm pretty sure Pit is supposed to be Palutena's protector, not the other way round. :p
She gave him monster pheromones and can't let him fly for over 5 min, at most it's a mutual benefit. I just hate her personality and character, that's all :p
Edit: I also came to the conclusion that Pit is just an idiot xD and Palutena knows this too and takes advantage of it. Ok, nerd rant over :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom