• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we have:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Bowser
Samus
Fox
Pit
Kirby

in addition to Mega Man and AC Villager.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
None of us can truly say we have a realistic roster because we have no idea what's going on beside Sakurai's head. However, I must agree with him (along with just about everyone) in saying that you're choices are less realistic than ours. For example, Ridley is still absent from your roster while you have Starfy. Could it happen? Yeah, sadly. Should it happen? Not in a million years. Is it likely to happen? Not even close.

Facts to back up that comparison:

Ridley is not too big, insanely popular, and the most iconic villain of Metroid.

Starfy is pretty popular, but it seems to be limited to Japan and still nowhere near compares to the likes of Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, etc. The starfish also seems distasteful when trying to think of a good moveset.

We've fully explained each of our choices to to convince each other that our choices are realistic to some extent. For example, Masked Man (who is in my roster) isn't likely, but he makes a ton of sense based on the way I built the roster (meaning it would be strange if he were included and I hadn't built the roster with my method). As a proposal, I've gotten a lot of praise as my roster is definitely unique and still works out well as a balanced roster.
I have a lot of praise too, probably more. And your rosters are not better than mine. Mine is more realistic and others think so too.This thread isn't the only Prediction thread out there. Just because it's your roster doesn't make it better. There is more to it than that. Most seem to base there rosters on what they want rather than what will actually happen. I don't.

P.S. Starfy was released in the west. Not to mention "being a starfish" means nothing. I don't know what that has to do with facts. Seriously sometimes you back yourself up with really insignificant stuff.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

If this were the Brawl days, people would think that this deconfirmed (totally not a word, but was the word we used so I'm sticking to it!) Toon Link. lol

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

If this were the Brawl days, people would think that this deconfirmed (totally not a word, but was the word we used so I'm sticking to it!) Toon Link. lol

I hope this doesn't mean that Toon Link has been reduced to a stage element. :/ Or maybe Toon Link is still in, I mean this is still ST Link in his conductors outfit. I hope we get more info soon. And where did you guy's find these screenshots? :/

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman

Villager is confirmed. I have been wanting this since the brawl days, and now he's here. In the same outfit that I imagined him in too!! and Mega Man? HUGE. I am 110% happy so far with Smash Bros. Even Link has a unique art style too!!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Megaman is awesome, don't care about Villager but it's awesome for AC fans. Only two reveals, though? And only one Nintendo one? C'mon, step it up!

Stage choices are hinting at potential Punch-Out! and FE:Awakening characters, though of course stages do not confirm anything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did any of you guys see Mario unleash his inner Guile? Behold! Also I like the boxing ring stage. Now if only we knew a certain boxer that could relate to Nintendo. *Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge* Also Bowser has a drop kick, so that's cool.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Did any of you guys see Mario unleash his inner Guile? Behold! Also I like the boxing ring stage. Now if only we knew a certain boxer that could relate to Nintendo. *Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge* Also Bowser has a drop kick, so that's cool.
Let's hope that replaces the god-awful Fludd.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I feel stupid leaving an AC character out of my list. It is one of the biggest Nintendo franchises at the moment.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Yes Megaman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the AC villager is cool as well. Would of like to see a few more newcomers like Lloyd or Waluigui but this was pretty cool.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I hope not. This is ST Link though. Not WW/PH Link. I guess we will have to wait and see...
Maybe it could be like Tron in MVC3. Where she appears in the background of a stage if she's not being used. But she wont be in the background if the players are using her.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe it could be like Tron in MVC3. Where she appears in the background of a stage if she's not being used. But she wont be in the background if the players are using her.

It could also be just another R.O.B. Thing, where he was playable in Brawl. But still a SSE enemy. This Toon Link is the ST one. So it shouldn't really affect the WW one. At least I hope not...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe Toon Link is Wii-U exclusive. And to play him on the 3DS version you need to do some kind of system transfer. Well it's a good of a guess as any. Right?

volbound1700

Smash Master
MEGAMAN OMG!!! YES!!! IF Sonic gets in this will be AWESOME!!!
Sonic and Megaman were my most wanted 3rd parties for Brawl. Megaman is my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. Now I nervously await to see if Sonic is going to still be here (I think he will after Lost World).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
This worries me a lot about Mac.
Eh, I think people are overreacting about this. Multiple characters have swords, multiple characters have laser pistols, multiple characters can shoot rockets, multiple characters have beam cannon arms, multiple characters (most likely) have spring jumps.

If anything it'd make sense to give Mac someone to box with.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Also about the stage, we've had multitudes of stages before.

Mac is far from confirmed but he's far from deconfirmed. We haven't even seen if they're bringing back Asisst Trophies yet. The fact we've only seen new series so far is actually better for Mac and others... meanwhile I'm really scared for supporting cast characters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
just every supporting character from every franchise that's in Smash. It's already bad enough they only showed two new characters, but when it was all new series this time, I feel even less of an importance will be graved on them.

It's just a gut feeling though, but hey, it can happen.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
ONLY 2 Characters!?!?!?!?!? Here is my reaction to the reveal:

Also they confirmed 3 stages of mine and Twilight Link

Malik hall

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-0065-0019
I'm pretty confident Sonic will still be in since Sonic Lost World being Big N exclusive. Not to sure about Snake though. I hope Nintendo will show more about Smash 4 later or at least confirm characters from preceding games such as Ness, Marth, Ice Climbers, etc.

D

Deleted member

For the first time, I seriously fear for Snake's removal.
Remember when Sakurai mentioned about how guests take effort to fit within the style of Nintendo's series?

...I'm not quite sure how Snake can be made to fit in here. In Brawl, he fit easy due to the darker and edgier style, but in these games, it seems Sakurai went with a "natural Nintendo" style outside of some HD touchup details. Which is why Villager works well now as compared to before when Sakurai overlooked him.

Though that may just be some pessimism on my part.

EDIT: For an example of what I mean, look at that image above of Bowser and Villager.
Now look at this from Brawl:

It's quite a different style.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
so to recap:

Confirmed
Original 8
Pit
Bowser
The Villager
Mega Man

Decomfirmed
Balloon Fighter

Possibly removed
Toon Link

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I hope this doesn't mean that Toon Link has been reduced to a stage element. :/ Or maybe Toon Link is still in, I mean this is still ST Link in his conductors outfit. I hope we get more info soon. And where did you guy's find these screenshots? :/
Maybe we have Young Link (for being in OoT3D, Zelda 3DS, and possibly MM3D) on the 3DS version while Toon Link (WWHD) is on the Wii U version. I could certainly see that being a possibility, considering each is more relevant to their own console.
Also they confirmed 3 stages of mine and Twilight Link

He looks brighter overall, though. Are you sure this isn't Twilight Link so much as Zelda HD Link or even just a more standard looking Link?

Also, which stages? I'm hardly impressed if you count Battlefield and a new Smashville as "stages of yours"... Actually, it's not even you in specific saying it, it's just the whole way "stages of mine" is said that just sounds so possessive when it shouldn't be. Ech.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since that AC villager character will be in the game, will he replace the Mother characters? I think he better than them based on what I saw
Why would he? Because he has a pose similar to Ness? They wouldn't play anything like each other, he's not going to replace one Mother character, let alone both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom