• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Get ready guys!

This roster will be full of explosions.

I'm pretty sure that the roster will be huge now.

D

Deleted member

@Kikwi-Kiwi: Never though a Nintendo character could provide a Snake-like reaction, but boy did the Wii Fit Trainer do that. I was under disillusion there for awhile after some people on Skype (from Smashboards) were complaining about her inclusion.

I'm sure we'll all learn to grow to love the Wii Fit Trainer.

@Gibdo Knight: Yeah. Of the three characters confirmed; I only predicted Mega Man (who even then I was skeptical about). Animal Crosser and especially Wii Fit Trainer caught me off guard.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At first I was like FECK NOE!!!

Then I thought about it.

This truly is our WTF character. And she is hilarious.

You know what? I welcome her. I'm still kinda iffy about her, but you know, why not? Welcome aboard.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I still laugh when I see the Wii Fit trainer.

Sakurai CANNOT be predicted. Period. Speculation is useless. :laugh:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
@Kikwi-Kiwi: Never though a Nintendo character could provide a Snake-like reaction, but boy did the Wii Fit Trainer do that. I was under disillusion there for awhile after some people on Skype (from Smashboards) were complaining about her inclusion.

I'm sure we'll all learn to grow to love the Wii Fit Trainer.

@Gibdo Knight: Yeah. Of the three characters confirmed; I only predicted Mega Man (who even then I was skeptical about). Animal Crosser and especially Wii Fit Trainer caught me off guard.
Yeah, that's why I left the Skype chat, it turned in to nothing but Johnknight(I think) saying how Wii Fit girl ruined the whole game.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anything seems likely now, or at least possible. Time to throw expectations out the window. :p

Might as well just sit back and watch what happens next. ;)
I'm putting Waluigi and Sukapon on my roster now since the Villager proves that Sakurai can change his mind. :awesome:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I have a lot of praise too, probably more. And your rosters are not better than mine. Mine is more realistic and others think so too.This thread isn't the only Prediction thread out there. Just because it's your roster doesn't make it better. There is more to it than that. Most seem to base there rosters on what they want rather than what will actually happen. I don't.

P.S. Starfy was released in the west. Not to mention "being a starfish" means nothing. I don't know what that has to do with facts. Seriously sometimes you back yourself up with really insignificant stuff.
1. Roster proposal, not prediction. I openly admitted that my roster is unlikely. You aren't very good at reading, are you?

2. I never used the word "better". Using it would just make me sound arrogant, much like you.

Anyhow, I tried being nice, but you're set on making baseless claims to prove your point, and I can't argue with that. Go back to your other threads if you aren't getting credit here. That's all I can tell you.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man I can't access the regular thread it's so laggy and overcrowded.

So how many betting rosters were destroyed now with the addition of one previously dismissed character and one WTF character?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Man I can't access the regular thread it's so laggy and overcrowded.

So how many betting rosters were destroyed now with the addition of one previously dismissed character and one WTF character?
All of them.

No one saw Wii Fit girl coming. No one. Anyone who says they did is lying to you.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm at 1 out of 3 on my prediction roster right now, but I'm guessing most others are as well. :laugh:

No one's going to guess it perfectly though, Wii Fit Trainer just messed everything up. :smirk:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I predicted every character reveal yet except for the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. ;)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wii Fit trainer is there. You don't know what she's doing. she gets closer to you in an uncomfortable way. you scoot away. she scoots back. a knife comes at you from the side as smoke is blown in your face.

YOU DIDN'T WIN! YOU DIDN'T WIN!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, I feel like literally nobody actually predicted these characters. It's kind of cool that Sakurai's defied our expectations so completely once again...
On the other hand, f@!# emotionless animated mannequins. Straight out of my nightmares, man.

D

Deleted member

The only other way Sakurai could have garnered a Snake-like reaction is by adding a non-video game character and there was no way he was going to add one over Mega Man.

Now I have to rethink my prediction before I post my spiritual successor to Wiseguy's thread.

Who knows how shocked SmashChu is going to feel once he realized that the newcomers confirmed didn't make his predictions?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd like to say we're done with the surprise characters, but that would obviously be very naive of me. I hope we at least get a handful of characters people actually wanted to go along with ones Sakurai just feels like throwing in. :p:rolleyes:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I've honestly given up on speculation. Wii fit trainer killed it. Now I have no f-ing clue what'll happen. We say realistic, Sakurai says **** that ****. xD

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So nothing that bad. :rolleyes:
Yeah....grumble grumble.

#firstworldproblems

I've honestly given up on speculation. Wii fit trainer killed it. Now I have no f-ing clue what'll happen. We say realistic, Sakurai says **** that ****. xD
I actually think we can still speculate. The whole roster won't just be curveballs like that.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
What's up with people suddenly believing that there'll be between 50-54 characters? Not here, but across the Internet discussion sites regarding smash bros 4

Not saying sakurai nor the wiiu can't handle it; nor am I trying to reference that one BS article IGN viraled not too long ago so other gaming sites can write the same thing for page views

I'm just wondering now, in all possibility. Assuming the game comes out late 2015 (early 2016 if LOL DELAYED), you think he'll be able to go this far (assuming balance issues are dealt with)? Brawl as fun as it is did lower my expectations roster wise; so I'm not so sure anymore. :/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What's up with people suddenly believing that there'll be between 50-54 characters? Not here, but across the Internet discussion sites regarding smash bros 4

Not saying sakurai nor the wiiu can't handle it; nor am I trying to reference that one BS article IGN viraled not too long ago so other gaming sites can write the same thing for page views

I'm just wondering now, in all possibility. Assuming the game comes out late 2015 (early 2016 if LOL DELAYED), you think he'll be able to go this far (assuming balance issues are dealt with)? Brawl as fun as it is did lower my expectations roster wise; so I'm not so sure anymore. :/
People think that if Sakurai can include characters no one was expecting like the Villager and Wii Fit Girl, he's obviously expanded the roster, as they assume he's also included the characters that people actually wanted or thought would happen. Pretty entitled way of thinking, probably won't turn out to be true. Sakurai just includes characters he thinks are best, he's not going to hit all the expected or popular choices, which some people don't realize.

Plus the game is scheduled for 2014. The latest I see it coming out is 2015 if it gets delayed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It seems like Sakurai loves to not change movesets of characters.

Also people who cite Sakurai quotes that are 5-6 years old are now owned. People changed their mind (a la AC Villager). I had Tom Nook on my original prediction and took him off. Wish I had kept him or villager because AC is such a huge franchise.

Obviously big franchises are getting reps, prepare for Mii or something to represent Wii Sports, Music, etc. lol.

People think that if Sakurai can include characters no one was expecting like the Villager and Wii Fit Girl, he's obviously expanded the roster, as they assume he's also included the characters that people actually wanted or thought would happen. Pretty entitled way of thinking, probably won't turn out to be true. Sakurai just includes characters he thinks are best, he's not going to hit all the expected or popular choices, which some people don't realize.

Plus the game is scheduled for 2014. The latest I see it coming out is 2015 if it gets delayed.

You can set the game for 2014 and still have enough time to add 60 or more characters lol.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I mean I predicted balloon fighter, does that count? I also am starting to think that just like sakurai backed out on his stance on animal crossing, he is gonna back down on his stance of not adding a lot of characters. As for the wii fit trainer I can officially say Im over it. she looks like the biggest troll character of all time in any fighting game. Id like the rest of the characters to be more badass characters, like chrom, king k, or ridley. Although I must admit, Im starting to doubt characters like little mac and especially king k... Wouldnt it be the biggest FU of all time if there was a viking walrus in this game? :laugh:

Of my overall analysis here goes:
I still could easily see Chrom, Palutena, mewtwo, and shulk
Ridley and Takamaru are still in my less likely book but I could still see it. Same goes for Isaac and little mac to an extent.
King K is looking really slim at this point with the announcement of a donkey kong game with no King K. I think this does significantly boost Dixie's chances.
I also feel the presentation significantly boosted Toad's and red heros chances.
Balloon fighters chances are officially zero, but his move is represented so I am still happy. I still dont know when it comes to Paper Mario.
as for cuts, im going with snake and lucario still. I dont think toon link will be cut.
The namco rep is still guaranteed in my book.

also I am a big fan of the fact that different stages are in both games. BIG fan.

I feel like wii fit trainer encompasses the straight up nintendo games, and she is actually a not bad pick, so HOPEFULLY we wont have to deal with miis *crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom