• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
slighty similar to ness;its just a thought for now until I see him appear,
Even if Ness didn't appear in this game (which is incredibly unlikely), how would that mean the Villager replaced him? They don't have anything to do with each other, they don't play the same..

It would just be a new character making it in and an old one being cut.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
As this goes on, I don't know why, but I fear for Ridley, K. Rool, and Goroh. Samus has her Other M design, so if Ridley even gets in then he might have that design as well. And like many Metroid fans, I loath that Ridley design. K. Rool seems not to be in the new DKC again, so that is definitely not good news for him. Also, Nintendo has continued to ignore F-Zero thus making Goroh less and less likely. I'm getting scared guys.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'd be surprised if Snake got cut. Wasn't he put in because Kojima is a friend of Sakurai's and has been asking him for two games now?

just every supporting character from every franchise that's in Smash. It's already bad enough they only showed two new characters, but when it was all new series this time, I feel even less of an importance will be graved on them.

It's just a gut feeling though, but hey, it can happen.
You mean odds of their inclusion, or odds of them being cut from the game?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am still sticking with 4 third parties (Sonic, Megaman, Snake, and Pac-Man) with a far less likely 5th (Professor Layton, Bayonetta, or 2nd Sonic Character)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Disregard Noah, that would have been a pretty bad reveal if Mega Man didn't show up to make it a damn amazing one.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Disregard Noah, that would have been a pretty bad reveal if Mega Man didn't show up to make it a damn amazing one.
Yeah, I was pretty upset until that beautiful, beautiful figure silhouetted against the moon. Then everything was wonderful. I hope every character gets a cinematic intro, even if it's a short one.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I made some comments this past week leading up that Ridley and K Rool may not be the lock everyone thinks and we have reasons to be worried.

Especially worried for K Rool because it looks like Dixie Kong has a better shot of making it at this point.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That was the worst reveal ever.
It was actually very good. Not as many newcomers as Brawl's trailer, but it showed off some new stages and introduced Mega Man and an Animal Crossing character.

I'm glad that Sakurai changed his mind about Animal Crossing not being suitable for a fighting game. (or maybe he was just trying to trick us?)

Not expecting SSB WiiU and 3DS to introduce as much content as Brawl, and I fear that some more characters will be cut, but I'm still excited nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Though I have to say, while Villager being in Smash 4 may seem to give evidence on my old theory of "pra_mai" being the Villager, Villager is "Murabito" in Japan. So yeah, "pra_mai" can't be Villager either.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actually it didn't make it better. We all knew Mega Man was gonna be in it.

Melee Trailer: Showed off Bowser, Peach, Sheik, Ice Climbers

Brawl Trailer: Showed off new style, assist trophies, Final Smash, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Wario. Then Snake & Sonic shortly afterwards.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Why would he? Because he has a pose similar to Ness? They wouldn't play anything like each other, he's not going to replace one Mother character, let alone both.
^ This. Especially when you consider Sakurai's (and the others) love of Mother 3 (He did have some part in it afterall, as well) AND that Lucas was to be in ever since Smash 64 and Ness has been in ever since Smash 64.

They play nothing alike. We haven't even played as them.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Brawl Trailer: Showed off new style, assist trophies, Final Smash, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Wario. Then Snake & Sonic shortly afterwards.
Brawl's trailer didn't show Sonic.

So, the new dojo is up and running.

Should we expect daily updates?
The sooner the better! I'm already craving for more reveals.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
This trailer has the best music/game has the best theme.

Also, there MIGHT be at least some more revealed today at the end from what I hear from a friend from gametrailers. We're at least getting daily screens on the site every weekday. It's a start.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

It didn't really show off the Assist Trophies.
There was the Nintendog, of course, but it wasn't revealed to be one of many Assist Trophies until much later on the Dojo.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
When we all said 'we'd like to see a wtf character' I don't think we saw this. This... revelation will take some serious getting used to. I'm talking to on xbox live as I type and he still thinks I'm trolling him.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When we all said 'we'd like to see a wtf character' I don't think we saw this. This... revelation will take some serious getting used to. I'm talking to on xbox live as I type and he still thinks I'm trolling him.

Even when we discussed all possible WTF characters. We still get WTF-ed. Sakurai is good at this. :laugh: (At least... if it is actually real...)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The reactions to Wii Fit trailer reveal are hilarious. :joyful:

Though I myself was in rage mode for a minute or so.

That said, I'm not believing it unless we get a Dojo update.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
derp........

AC Villager was confirmed, so I'm really not gonna doubt much now. I think he made a solid WTF character. The Villager had way more support pre-Brawl, so its' kinda funny seeing him this time around.

Also I don't think we need to worry about K. Rool just yet. He's gonna be in Mario Kart 8.

D

Deleted member

WTF at the Wii Trainer being playable? That was literally the last thing I expected to see.

Still recovering from my Mega Man hype. That announcement shoot me over the moon.

D

Deleted member

I still can't tell if this is real. The new Smash Dojo doesn't have her on it at all, but it did in that video.
I'd imagine it is real and that there will be an update soon. Would be curious to see why Sakurai would add a Wii Fit character in because it really doesn't make sense to me.

D

Deleted member

Wii Fit Trainer also has a dojo page.

Talk about being utterly shocked. I did NOT see this coming from a mile away. Still not sure what to think of the Wii Fit Trainer, guess I'll have to try her out once we get the game.

I'm going to be doing two major things; the revival of Rate Their Chance and having a spiritual successor to Wiseguy. Will try to get these up within the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom