• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can set the game for 2014 and still have enough time to add 60 or more characters lol.
The game isn't all about the characters to Sakurai. He'll do as many as he thinks is justified, but he's also going to spend a lot of time on different aspects people frankly don't care as much about. If Brawl is any indication, the characters won't take the majority of the development time.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I'm relieved that there were no version exclusive characters.
he didnt exactly say that he said "the roster count will be the same" or something to that regard. He definetly implied it, but to me it sounded... sinister

I also like the idea of the different stages. Also Nintendog stage is cute.
it kills nintendogs chance of being a playable character though... [/sarcasm]

personally I love it. Nintendogs was actually a big part of my childhood. My black pug, Comet, could walk around the ENTIRE CITY.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well seeing as how he decided to have the OoT 3D stage on the 3DS exclusive and how he only said that the roster number would be the same. We could potentially have Young Link in the 3DS version and Toon Link in the Wii U version. As an example. So we probably don't have to worry about seeing his descendant in that ST stage being a deconfirmation. Only for the 3DS version perhaps..

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So guys. Something I noticed about Wii Fit Trainer.

Her abbreviation is WFT.
WFT is an anagram of WTF.

Sakurai gets it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Technically he didn't say there would be exclusive characters, only the the character count would be the same.

Knowing Sakurai though, I'd personally take this as a confirm for a universal roster.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I find it weird that the most expected character revealed so far was a third party.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I find it weird that the most expected character revealed so far was a third party.
I was just thinking the same thing. Its like sakurai gives us exactly what we want the first day when it comes to third party but when it comes to nintendo characters NOPE. I think this goes to show that sakurai doesnt really focus on popularity as much as people think. Because both characters came from high selling franchises, but neither were very popular.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
1. Roster proposal, not prediction. I openly admitted that my roster is unlikely. You aren't very good at reading, are you?

2. I never used the word "better". Using it would just make me sound arrogant, much like you.

Anyhow, I tried being nice, but you're set on making baseless claims to prove your point, and I can't argue with that. Go back to your other threads if you aren't getting credit here. That's all I can tell you.
1. Like saying your roster is "better" is any different than saying it's more "realistic" That kind of implies
that it's better.

2. Yeah, uh no. You are making baseless claims to prove no point. Like Starfy is a starfish, or saying Lyn is unlikely and then give no explanation. I have used several points to back up my characters. So please don't pretend like you didn't see them. I'm getting tired of re posting them just because you don't want to accept it.

3. Yeah, just say "I can't argue with that" when you are proven wrong. I guess that is proper to say than, because you obviously can't say anything to back it up.

4. When you say "I'm trying to be nice" when you're trying to make a point. I feel you're saying. "If you keep disagreeing with me, than you're not being nice and I can be rude because of that." Don't assume that disagreeing = people out to get you.

And I have every right to critisize whatever roster I want as long as I'm being polite, and saying something like Toon Ganondorf & Dr. Mario is a bad idea is not being rude. This thread was made so we can speculate character predictions and discuss each other's opinions. So don't go telling me I'm not in any position to complain about other rosters. If you have a problem with me stating my disagreements with characters than don't read the posts. You on the other hand are talking about how you think your roster is more realistic than mine. I didn't tell Croph my roster was more realistic than his. I'm not doing anything wrong, so leave me alone.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Just thought of this, if toon link DOES get cut I could see sakurai going two directions. One is tetra by herself with a unique moveset. None of that toon Zelda crap. I would easily support that. Another is young link with the masks. I would love that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Just thought of this, if toon link DOES get cut I could see sakurai going two directions. One is tetra by herself with a unique moveset. None of that toon Zelda crap. I would easily support that. Another is young link with the masks. I would love that.
I don't know what he's thinking, but we need to keep Toon Link.

So far I disagree with the removal of Toon Link, Mario keeping his god awful fludd attack rather than using the Mario Tornado mixed with the Galaxy spin, and I'm not too fond of having Wii Fit Trainer as a rep.

D

Deleted member

I'm....shocked.

I guess I'm going to quit predicting anything now. Sakurai has shown to be too unpredictable with this character.
Am I angry about this character? No. Just very frigging confused and shocked.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've come to the conclusion the roster is gonna be huge if we have such strange characters as Wii Fit Trainer.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros Says Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii are confirmed. I have a feeling this roster is going to be the most casual.
Seeing as they're only just now coming forward with this rumor despite the claim that they knew about ACV, MM, & WFT before hand, this definitely seems off. But hey, E3's not over so who knows, but until then false until confirmed.

Would definitely love to see Little Mac with one of those CGI trailers, would be the perfect chance to see Doc Louis in action.

The Mii also seems a little redundant now that we have the Villager.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Seeing as they're only just now coming forward with this rumor despite the claim that they knew about ACV, MM, & WFT before hand, this definitely seems off. But hey, E3's not over so who knows, but until then false until confirmed.

Would definitely love to see Little Mac with one of those CGI trailers, would be the perfect chance to see Doc Louis in action.

The Mii also seems a little redundant now that we have the Villager.
Personally I would say that both Villager and Wii Fit Trainer make Mii seems redundant.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That link doesn't seem unfeasible, but it is odd that Nintendo would give away two shock characters in Wii Fit Trainer and Mii so soon, as well as two new third-party characters.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sakurai said that the roster size on both games is the same, and I don't think he's trying to be sinister here. Remember, he is speaking in a different languages; things will be a bit stiff in translation. I'd take him at his word.

We don't have screens of Villager for 3DS because he's either still in development for 3DS or they're trying to figure out a way for players to use their unique villager skins in Smash.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Are Mii's really that much of a shock character? Or anywhere near the level of Wii Fit Trainer? :/
My theory is that they picked three characters they considered likely so that when (if) all three do make it, they can go like SEE. At least I hope so. It's not that I don't like these characters (although I think they can do better than pacman and mii). I just want them to announce newcomers further apart from each other. If another newcomer is announced this E3 I will be disappointed, I want to see stages veterans and items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom