• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, LoZ is really a wild card. I honestly can't predict who will make it but, if I had to guess, it would be a three way competition between Toon Zelda and/or Toon Shiek/Tetra, Ghirahim, and Tingle.

D

Deleted member

My last roster had Bowser Jr. and Impa instead of these two, but I agree those are the less likely characters out of all newcomers.
Good choice on removing Impa, I don't see her happening. Bowser Jr. is more of a 50/50 at this rate (as is Toad), but nothing faze me about the lack of Junior.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Tingle's got popularity, but I cannot imagine a WW rep being included that isn't Toon Zelda/Tetra. It'd be very uncharacteristic for Nintendo to pick a secondary character over a main one when it comes to Smash.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Good choice on removing Impa, I don't see her happening. Bowser Jr. is more of a 50/50 at this rate (as is Toad), but nothing faze me about the lack of Junior.
I agree with you on Impa. Why I replaced her with Tingle is because Tingle has some popularity in Japan and also stars in his own games, standing out from the other recurring Zelda characters.

I added Dillon because I believe some eShop games might catch Sakurai's interest when it came to unique movesets. Dillon fits the category better than any other eShop characters. I replaced Bowser Jr. with him, because, just like Brawl, we may not get a new Mario character, although Toad and Bowser Jr. are the best candidates for a Mario newcomer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyway, no one else wants to say anything about my updated roster from yesterday? D:

Nah, that's okay. Just if anyone has the time, or anything...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I prefer Tom Nook over Tingle, the rest is fine (Although I think Roy is a doubt)

I'm skeptical that we will see Roy as well. He won't beat out Ike, he won't beat out Marth, and it will be tough for him to beat out an Awakening rep, though doable.

Realistically, I think we see him as one of the first DLC characters if they do DLC, or in the game proper if by some miracle FE gets four slots.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyway, no one else wants to say anything about my updated roster from yesterday? D:

Nah, that's okay. Just if anyone has the time, or anything...
You mean this roster, yes?

Well... it's fairly realistic. (And it's quite similar to mine.)

No cuts, plus Roy and Mewtwo would be widely well regarded, so, no objections there.

The unlikeliest characters would be Samurai Goroh and Muddy Mole. Muddy Mole could be one of the retro choices like the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Pit in the previous games, but he could face competition from the likes of Mach Rider or the Prince of Sable.

47 characters is a realistic number, but again, we never know what kind of surprises may await us.

All in all, it's a good roster and wouldn't mind if it was the final roster.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't have an Internet connection (aside from my iphone) but if like to put up my final prediction roster before the trailer review. So it's all gonna be a massive wall of text!

Super Mario Bros.
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi

D.K.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi
Yoshi

WarioWare
Wario

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Metroid
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

StarFox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo/Newtwo

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Ice Climbers
Ice Climbers

Pikmin
Olimar

Mother
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
C. Falcon

Mr. G and W

R.O.B.

Nazo no Muramasa-Jo
Takamaru

Xenoblade Chronicles
Shulk

Super Punch Out!
Little Mac

3rd Party
Sonic
Megaman
Pac Man

Total: 44

Possible DLC

Dr. Mario
Y. Link
Pichu
Roy
Isaac
Mach Rider
Waluigi
Medusa
Black Shadow

Notes: if I had to bet money, I'd put this roster in. I feel it's safe, logical, yet extremely lacking. In fact, I hope to god that this isn't the roster. It's only 44 characters, three new franchises minus the 3rd party, cuts out Snake, and doesn't have a WTF character. I feel that it keeps the old favorites while adding new and popular favorites.

As for DLC, it's mostly what I like. However, it's mostly characters in a pre-existing franchise. I'm sorry but I don't see character DLC from a non-represented franchise. Unless they went the FE route in melee and only include a few songs, fans will want trophies, music, AT, stages, etc etc from these franchises and I think that Sakurai and his team might decide to forgo that path and, instead, create DLC characters of older franchises so they do not have to make new material.

Sakurai, I beg you. Prove me wrong! Prove me wrong that my roster is too small. Prove me wrong that we won't have new franchise DLC. Prove me wrong!!!

Thoughts? I'll be posting a pic later in the day.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Why exactly?
They are guest characters. Guest characters are good for hype and bringing in new fans to the Smash series. But they can also be divisive. I say it would be better to have new guest characters (such as Megaman who some might think of a Nintendo character) and perhaps save Snake and/or Sonic for DLC.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
I'm so excited for a character to be announced tomorrow that nobody has even suggested yet

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing I really don't like is the cutting of Snake.

A Shin Onigashima rep is an interesting prospect. I assume the character would be either Donbe or Hikari?

D

Deleted member

Venus, your roster is good in general but the main issue with this is that aside from the Snake cut, it's all so expected (which you complained about). I mean yeah, pretty much all the most likely choices are in (as well as the two most expected third-parties though I doubt Pac-Man will be getting in), but Sakurai isn't going to aim for a roster that is so expected. Not all of the characters picked are going to be likely inclusions; a few will surprise most people.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The only thing I really don't like is the cutting of Snake.

A Shin Onigashima rep is an interesting prospect. I assume the character would be either Donbe or Hikari?
Yeah, I would like to see him return.

Ah, I meant Nazo no Muramasa-Jo. Though Donbe and Hikari would be interesting. I've always thought that since seeing thier trophies in SSBM.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Venus, your roster is good in general but the main issue with this is that aside from the Snake cut, it's all so expected (which you complained about). I mean yeah, pretty much all the most likely choices are in (as well as the two most expected third-parties though I doubt Pac-Man will be getting in), but Sakurai isn't going to aim for a roster that is so expected. Not all of the characters picked are going to be likely inclusions; a few will surprise most people.
So, the roster is too predictable or boring?

Do I need to bust this out again?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, I realized that when I was working on the roster. Trying to be safe and predictable can be a bad thing. It's also fairly hypocritical of me to say one thing and then do it so I apologize.

I do expect a WTF/Obscure character such as Sherrif, Dillion, etc. However, I went about making that roster with the idea that I'm putting $600 on the table and betting on it.
I do hope I'm wrong on the size and lack if new characters. Sakurai, please prove me wrong and take my $600!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really don't think they are gonna keep Lucario if we have Mewtwo

Any reason why? They fight very differently, are both very popular, and Pokemon is definitely a big enough series to warrant the Brawl roster+Mewtwo, in my opinion.

Just in general, Noah, if you personally had the choice, would you keep both? Just wondering.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Won't lie, I would laugh at this. Perfect trolling material. :troll:
Won't lie, I honestly wanna see/wouldn't mind some of the characters on that roster in Smash 4. Obviously there's Bandana Dee, but I'd also be fine if Katarina or Lucina were playable.

I also actually really want to see Ayumi in the game in some form. Like maybe as an AT or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also wouldn't mind Lissa if she went the War Cleric route, to be honest. Axes and staffs.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Any reason why? They fight very differently, are both very popular, and Pokemon is definitely a big enough series to warrant the Brawl roster+Mewtwo, in my opinion.

Just in general, Noah, if you personally had the choice, would you keep both? Just wondering.
Personally no, I wouldn't (Don't get me wrong I ****ing love Lucario!!!) But they are both very similar as a character and model-wise.) They both have similarities too. Plus they both have the Shadowball. I think Newtwo should take Lucario's Aurora Beam (side B). But, if they have like Ninten I guess they could have both. But, then there is the possibility he might be replaced with someone from B/W or X/Y since Mewtwo isn't 100% X/Y descent. Sakurai just might deem them too similar and replace him with someone more recent. But, the same works for Ninten so maybe they'll keep both, I don't know. I just don't see it. :ohwell:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally no, I wouldn't (Don't get me wrong I ****ing love Lucario!!!) But they are both very similar as a character and model-wise.) They both have similarities too. Plus they both have the Shadowball. I think Newtwo should take Lucario's Aurora Beam (side B). But, if they have like Ninten I guess they could have both. But, then there is the possibility he might be replaced with someone from B/W or X/Y since Mewtwo isn't 100% X/Y descent. Sakurai just might deem them too similar and replace him with someone more recent. But, the same works for Ninten so maybe they'll keep both, I don't know. I just don't see it. :ohwell:

I personally don't see how they're so similar if they really only share two moves: the Neutral B, and the Down Smash, if I remember correctly. And honestly, their fighting styles are so different, despite being both bipedal badass Pokemon. I mean, how cool would it be to see both duking it out in Smash? I think Sakurai would agree, considering it almost happened in Brawl, haha.

Just the way I see things, but I can respect your opinion if you don't see it, Noah.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Personally no, I wouldn't (Don't get me wrong I ****ing love Lucario!!!) But they are both very similar as a character and model-wise.) They both have similarities too.
Yeah, they do. So do Captain Falcon and Link(same N-Air), which is about as many similarities as Mewtwo and Lucario have.
Plus they both have the Shadowball.
Lucairo's is called the Aura Sphere FYI.
I think Newtwo should take Lucario's Aurora Beam (side B).
lolwut.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I personally don't see how they're so similar if they really only share two moves: the Neutral B, and the Down Smash, if I remember correctly. And honestly, their fighting styles are so different, despite being both bipedal badass Pokemon. I mean, how cool would it be to see both duking it out in Smash? I think Sakurai would agree, considering it almost happened in Brawl, haha.

Just the way I see things, but I can respect your opinion if you don't see it, Noah.
Yeah, we're just gonna have to wait and see what he decides. Who knows?

W
I had no idea who he was until his name was thrown around here. Everyone is not you.
Yeah, he's definitely not gonna be playable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, they do. So do Captain Falcon and Link(same N-Air), which is about as many similarities as Mewtwo and Lucario have.
Not really.

Lucairo's is called the Aura Sphere FYI.[/quote] Well, that changes eeeeeeverythiiiiiiing.

lolwut.[/quote] Don't see that as so unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom