• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok. Another thought I just had.

If DLC is implemented, I really don't think there should be any reason to fear cuts. Maybe a few characters won't make the initial roster, but if there is DLC, I would bet we'll see them, especially because Sakurai doesn't like cuts in the first place.

While I don't want Ike or Lucario cut, there is a possibility that they won't make it back. But again, if there is DLC, this won't even matter. Surely, even if there are 3-5 cuts, we'll see them come back anyway. Especially if they are easy characters to program like Wolf or Jigglypuff (I don't expect Jigglypuff to be cut however).

Newcomers that weren't finished might be able to make it also. But that will depend on what Sakurai has in mind.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Jokes on me!

Even if we got DLC, I think we'd probably get two characters added. Four if we're lucky. If we got two, they'd probably be Wolf/Lucario/Ike/PT/ect. Just characters who missed the cut. If we got four, then I think we'd get some actual newcomer DLC

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can't breath because this forum is becoming cancerous like Habanero said. I might as well drink Gilius Thunderhead's Premium Ass Wine to calm myself down.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So we're talking about Ridley and Krystal?
Huh, we never talk about this. :rolleyes:
Anyway, Ridley will hopefully make it in this time. Many things are pointing in his favor.
Krystal on the other hand...
Star Fox already has 3 reps, and doesn't need any more. It's relatively small really, but if another character were to be added, my bet is Krystal.
Metroid is underrepped, so it just makes sense to introduce a new character. And who else but Ridley?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
OK here's my new roster, I'm kind of combining my ideals with realism... So basically when my ideal spot is somewhat conceivable that's the choice I'll make. So yeah, I don't actually expect 50 characters but ****ing whatever man.
3DS Roster.png

Again I'll try to justify some things people might point out
  • No I didn't cut anyone. Not even Snake this time. Truth is I liked playing as Snake but I would not feel that bad if he left. But I had no cuts because I felt like it and it's 50 characters K?
  • Waddle ****ing Dee. I know he's probably not happening but whatever man.
  • Robin, I had him on my minimalist roster and I'm having him now.
  • Starfy, I ummm... Support Starfy.
  • Shulk? I had to come up with the 50th guy so hello Shulk =D
  • OK do you want me to cut someone? FINE! I'll cut Ike and Lucario and lick Saturn and Gune's and whoever else has Lucario as their favorite pokemon for some bull**** reason's tears =D
Thoughts? =P

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
We really need verification? Really? Just like I need verification to tell us that Jigglypuff is cute? It seems like something that is common sense.
Ridley is a space pirate, otherwise known as an alien. That alone tells me he shouldn't be a dragon. Unless Nintendo confirms he is one, I'm sticking with "alien".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't care what you say about Krystal. You can have your own opinions. Chrono likes to paint me in a similar light as him, but it's just really not true. You can stop drinking the Kool Aid now.
The fact that you feel the need to namedrop me whenever you get pissy (and not even a part on the conversation), yet I never namedrop you, reflects very poorly on you...

And Krystal fans in general. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

If DLC is implemented, I really don't think there should be any reason to fear cuts. Maybe a few characters won't make the initial roster, but if there is DLC, I would bet we'll see them, especially because Sakurai doesn't like cuts in the first place.

While I don't want Ike or Lucario cut, there is a possibility that they won't make it back. But again, if there is DLC, this won't even matter. Surely, even if there are 3-5 cuts, we'll see them come back anyway. Especially if they are easy characters to program like Wolf or Jigglypuff (I don't expect Jigglypuff to be cut however).

Newcomers that weren't finished might be able to make it also. But that will depend on what Sakurai has in mind.
I'd like this to happen, would make it much more reassuring that even if your character won't make it initially, don't worry, he's on his way.

Aha, joke's on you, the only move he fears is Rollout, and he has access to Steel type! :p
Pikachu.

Morbi

Scavenger
So we're talking about Ridley and Krystal?
Huh, we never talk about this. :rolleyes:
Anyway, Ridley will hopefully make it in this time. Many things are pointing in his favor.
Krystal on the other hand...
Star Fox already has 3 reps, and doesn't need any more. It's relatively small really, but if another character were to be added, my bet is Krystal.
Metroid is underrepped, so it just makes sense to introduce a new character. And who else but Ridley?
Jigglypuff! :039:

Good. Good. Yes. That is correct, good sir. You have logic!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we are going to bring cuts up, I'm going to say this again. And if it comes up again I'll say it again. And so on.
The only truly realistic cut that I believe will happen, after hours and hours of thinking, is Snake.
Seriously, Toon Link being revealed now should practically confirm that most characters are coming back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
OK here's my new roster, I'm kind of combining my ideals with realism... So basically when my ideal spot is somewhat conceivable that's the choice I'll make. So yeah, I don't actually expect 50 characters but ****ing whatever man.
View attachment 2812
Again I'll try to justify some things people might point out
  • No I didn't cut anyone. Not even Snake this time. Truth is I liked playing as Snake but I would not feel that bad if he left. But I had no cuts because I felt like it and it's 50 characters K?
  • Waddle ****ing Dee. I know he's probably not happening but whatever man.
  • Robin, I had him on my minimalist roster and I'm having him now.
  • Starfy, I ummm... Support Starfy.
  • Shulk? I had to come up with the 50th guy so hello Shulk =D
  • OK do you want me to cut someone? FINE! I'll cut Ike and Lucario and lick Saturn and Gune's and whoever else has Lucario as their favorite pokemon for some bull**** reason's tears =D
Thoughts? =P
I like your roster quite a bit actually. Not much to complain about. Its good to see that no one was cut, so that's a plus in my book.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Will your endless grudge never end? (I think I answered my own question).

Nope, I really really dislike you. It will never change. And I always suggest you report anything nasty I say.

I will always do what the **** I want. **** with you and me is always the same. I purposefully get you mad, you immediately go "KRYSTAL SUXX", and go off about how bad of a person I am, while I laugh. I do it on purpose Chrono. You're just, ridiculously easy to troll.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
For some reason I feel like I'm making a bit too many of these so far. So I had the
Boring Roster
Muh Dream Rostuh
The slightly idealized roster...
Coming soon maybe... What I actually expect to happen!
Well whatever.

Morbi

Scavenger
Nope, I really really dislike you. It will never change. And I always suggest you report anything nasty I say.

I will always do what the **** I want. **** with you and me is always the same. I purposefully get you mad, you immediatley go "KRYSTAL SUXX", and go off about how bad of a person I am, while I laugh. I do it on purpose Chrono. You're just, ridiculously easy to troll.
Did I miss something? Why are you two acting like Drama-Queens? Haha.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is a Metroid in disguise, its cute and super adorable looks is merely a trick. Truly a master predator.
Oh, that's why Samus get the Hyperbeam, a pokemon attack when THE BABY die in super metroid and it's also why it's rainbow colored, because fairy stereotype.

Can someone get Mother Brain, please ?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Did I miss something? Why are you two acting like Drama-Queens? Haha.
Shortie always feels the need to insult me (despite what he says, the main reason he hates me is because I have been saying Krystal is a bad character for years), even when I'm not part of the conversation. I never brought him up. That I feel the need to call him out on his childish behavior should not reflect poorly on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom