• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Duh. He's way too small to be Ridley :troll:

Anyways, I'd be more excited for the Jiggs reveal than the Ridley reveal honestly.

Ridley reveal: Oh that's nice. I'm glad he made it finally, he dese...

Imma let you finish, but Jigglypuff will be the greatest character reveal of all time.
I wish I could "love" a post. Maybe even favorite a post. This would be one of the only ones I would grant such an esteemed honor to! I just needed to tell you this. I feel the exact same way.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My ideal roster.

Cuts: Megaman, Sonic, Snake, Toon Link, Lucario

Additions: Junior, Diddy + Dixie, Starfy, Ridley, Krystal, Goroh, Saki, Shulk, Tingle, Tharja, Palutena, Takamaru, Zoroark, Mewtwo + Y/X, Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii

Falco: Modified to be an embodiment of an arwing still some of the same B-Moves as Fox
Wolf: Gets more Feral, add Assault weapons, lose current B-Moves
Zelda / Shiek: tansformation is now a taunt, and they have Down B moves
Ganondorf: Is now based on Ganondorf..
Pokemon Trainer: No fatigue, shiny alts, switching is purely an option, can play as: Red, Blue, Leaf, Misty, Giovanni, and Oak.
Jigglypuff: Now Fairy puff. Loses roll out, for Fairy wind, sing becomes chatter in the air, bumps opponents away from you. Slap can be used as double and triple, each faster in succesion, but weaker.
Lucas: Based purely off Mother 3 content

No newcomers are clones.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Duh. He's way too small to be Ridley :troll:

Anyways, I'd be more excited for the Jiggs reveal than the Ridley reveal honestly.

Ridley reveal: Oh that's nice. I'm glad he made it finally, he dese...

Imma let you finish, but Jigglypuff will be the greatest character reveal of all time.
I never thought I could love a person as much as I do in this moment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd be so happy just to see the Jiggs back in action before Smash 4 is released.

And I'd be laughing for hours if Jigglypuff was revealed in October instead of Mewtwo.

If only Mewtwo and the Jiggs could be revealed on the same day, it would be a Win-Win for me.

Morbi

Scavenger
My ideal roster.

Additions: Junior, Diddy + Dixie, Starfy, Ridley, Krystal, Goroh, Saki, Shulk, Tingle, Tharja, Palutena, Takamaru, Zoroark, Mewtwo + Y/X, Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii

Falco: Modified to be an embodiment of an arwing still some of the same B-Moves as Fox
Pokemon Trainer: No fatigue, shiny alts, switching is purely an option, can play as: Red, Blue, Leaf, Misty, Giovanni, and Oak.
Jigglypuff: Now Fairy puff. Loses roll out, for Fairy wind, sing becomes chatter in the air, bumps opponents away from you. Slap can be used as double and triple, each faster in succesion, but weaker.

No newcomers are clones.
Jigglypuff losing roll-out? I would cry. That is one of her only redeemable moves.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
That is an interesting way to look at it. I agree 100%. The whole debate is so subjective. I love how even if you give him the benefit of the doubt (90 out of 10) there is still a 1 in 10 chance that he will not show up. This logic is fairly flawless. I think everyone can agree that it isn't absolute that Ridley will be included. Thank you for the different perspective.
I think it's more of just covering all my bases. Or that's how probability works, at least from my understanding. People rarely put any character at 100% chance, so every person probably has a little doubt with every character, including Ridley. So I don't see what's wrong with someone disagreeing you on a character's likelihood. Most people have doubt themselves.

As long as you don't deal in absolutes. Never deal in absolutes. It is the path to the dark side.
My ideal roster.

No newcomers are clones.
I like all the changes to current characters, and even the lay out. All the franchise representations are complete.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My ideal roster.

No newcomers are clones.
Haha Tharja!!

josh bones

Smash Lord
My ideal roster.

No newcomers are clones.
Aside from cutting confimed characters this is good, but how can ganondorf not be ganondorf?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Aside from cutting confimed characters this is good, but how can ganondorf not be ganondorf?

It's my ideal roster, not a guess, so I cut *** Link and Megaman. I don't like third parties. Honestly. I would make him based more off of Ganondorf in LoZ, not Captain Falcon in Smash. Probably keep Warlock Choke though, because it's badass.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Considering it sparkles, isn't it a fairy move? I notice a lot of her moves are fairy based, I mean when she sleeps a flower grow on your head.

Roll-Out is a normal type move. I think it's the best way to represent Gen V. With Mewtwo's Megas, and Fairypuff The two biggest things added this Gen. And Zoroark was created for Smash bros. God he would be so freaking awesome. I mean, we're keeping rest, pound, and sing/chatter, why not add one fairy move?

Jiggs will be super effective to Ridley ;)

Morbi

Scavenger
Roll-Out is a normal type move. I think it's the best way to represent Gen V. With Mewtwo's Megas, and Fairypuff The two biggest things added this Gen. And Zoroark was created for Smash bros. God he would be so freaking awesome. I mean, we're keeping rest, pound, and sing/chatter, why not add one fairy move?

Logic is super effective to Ridley. *runs away... fast... very fast

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

I think you mean "She was awesome" but whatever.

For a fairy move, make it for her final smash. And super effective against Ridley, I didn't know Fairy was super effective against Flying types. :p

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I think it's gay. We need Fairy moves. NEED
If by gay you mean it makes me happy to use it, then yes.
If by gay you mean stupid, you're an ignorant a hole.

Also why make a wish roster without confirmed characters? Just setting yourself up for disappointment from the get go. Kinda pointless really.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No one has said **** about Tharja, yet.

Let me go grab her moveset I made her :)

B Curse: Tharja fans her hands out in front of her, while holding her spell book. She has placed a trap. Coming into contact with it will cause it to explode, doing damage to the opponent. Crouching and using this will lay a trap on the ground, any other stance will have one in the air. She can lay up to three at a time, making a forth will cause them all to explode at once. But doing so means that the explosions may hurt yourself. (The explosions will only hurt yourself if you do it this way, otherwise they do not harm you)

B> Nosferatu: A flurry of shimmering lights appear in front of Tharja, that act as an extended “grab” in a way. It shows up in the exact same spot no matter what. The move has an extremely fast start up, but a relatively small window of opportunity to be used. If Nosferatu is executed correctly, the opponent will be held in mid air, while you slowly sap their life away. Does minimal damage, however heals yourself.

BV Deflect: This move does just as it says. A purple veil surrounds Tharja, and any projectiles or attacks are turned around. Works like Mario’s cape, except can be executed on something / someone behind her as well.

B^ Manakete Rising: Not canon, but I know she hold a manakete claw, and Sakurai isn’t canon anyways. She raises her Manakete’s claw into the air, and shadowy dragon wings appear on her back and lift her upwards into the air. Three quick flaps of her wings. The recovery is good, however she is completely vulnerable while using it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think you mean "She was awesome" but whatever.

For a fairy move, make it for her final smash. And super effective against Ridley, I didn't know Fairy was super effective against Flying types. :p
This is what I want... as a Jigglypuff main. Her Final Smash was atrocious if you weren't on a stage like Wario Ware. Just change her Final Smash to a Fairy move and call it a day. Maybe change up a few generic looking moves like pound with something similar... just add sparkles or something. Haha.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
No one has said **** about Tharja, yet.

Let me go grab her moveset I made her :)

B Curse: Tharja fans her hands out in front of her, while holding her spell book. She has placed a trap. Coming into contact with it will cause it to explode, doing damage to the opponent. Crouching and using this will lay a trap on the ground, any other stance will have one in the air. She can lay up to three at a time, making a forth will cause them all to explode at once. But doing so means that the explosions may hurt yourself. (The explosions will only hurt yourself if you do it this way, otherwise they do not harm you)

B> Nosferatu: A flurry of shimmering lights appear in front of Tharja, that act as an extended “grab” in a way. It shows up in the exact same spot no matter what. The move has an extremely fast start up, but a relatively small window of opportunity to be used. If Nosferatu is executed correctly, the opponent will be held in mid air, while you slowly sap their life away. Does minimal damage, however heals yourself.

BV Deflect: This move does just as it says. A purple veil surrounds Tharja, and any projectiles or attacks are turned around. Works like Mario’s cape, except can be executed on something / someone behind her as well.

B^ Manakete Rising: Not canon, but I know she hold a manakete claw, and Sakurai isn’t canon anyways. She raises her Manakete’s claw into the air, and shadowy dragon wings appear on her back and lift her upwards into the air. Three quick flaps of her wings. The recovery is good, however she is completely vulnerable while using it.
I know you're TharjaAssault on Serenes Forest, so I figured you were a fan. I don't mind Tharja she's a fun character.

I would call Deflect "Tome Breaker" instead to reference her skill as Sorceror. I don't know what I would give her as a recovery. Maybe Goetia as its one of her most powerful Magic spells. It would create an explosion that launcher her up.

Gune

Smash Lord
My ideal roster.

No newcomers are clones.
Immense dissapointment from no megaman and zoroark over lucario, the tweaks are good personally I like the PT revamp, could do with some league champions for alts though.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I think her marker could work into her grab. Instead of hitting them, she kinda of whacks/draws on them with the marker. Her animation would be a mix of her grabbing and pulling out her marker (if a successful grab).

Morbi

Scavenger
I would like to see her use it as a microphone whe she use Sing, like in the anime, it doesn't cost Sakurai anything but it's a nice reference for her fans =)
It costs him redesigning the microphone. He is too busy developing Ridley and Pokemon Trainer to bother...

I think her marker could work into her grab. Instead of hitting them, she kinda of whacks/draws on them with the marker. Her animation would be a mix of her grabbing and pulling out her marker (if a successful grab).
That is a great idea. I honestly wish some of the grabs were better thought out. Link's is really cool with the hook shot. Aside from that... it is just a lot of grab and throw.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
You know, I've been thinking about this idea for awhile.
Give her a usable Up-B recovery that's a fairy move.

FInal Smash: Jigglypuff busts out her marker/microphone and begins to Sing everyone on screen to sleep, perhaps a mini stage popping up before she begins. She then gets angry, puffs up, and begins to run to each character and do the marker drawing thing. After she's done, everyone collectively wakes up and the screen shows the characters-who-were-drawn-on's faces on the middle of the screen anime style. There is a collective waaaaaahhh from everyone and then you hear the PWWAAANG of her Down-B and everyone rockets off screen for KOs.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

FInal Smash: Jigglypuff busts out her marker/microphone and begins to Sing everyone on screen to sleep, perhaps a mini stage popping up before she begins. She then gets angry, puffs up, and begins to run to each character and do the marker drawing thing. After she's done, everyone collectively wakes up and the screen shows the characters-who-were-drawn-on's faces on the middle of the screen anime style. There is a collective waaaaaahhh from everyone and then you hear the PWWAAANG of her Down-B and everyone rockets off screen for KOs.
ALL OF MY YES !!!

Morbi

Scavenger

Yes. Agreed. I hate it when you post... I pretty much agree. There is no better way to say it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom