• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, question thrown to you guys:

What do you think will happen on here if Ridley is confirmed as playable? Personal reactions, whole thread reactions...?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think you guys are being too hard on Shokio.
Then again, I haven't seen any of his arguments.

----
Let me give you a few...

Bowser can work because Turtles come in all shapes and sizes
All the cannon games he's, and I quote "Big as ****"
Dragons have to be big because of their anatomy
Olimar works because he's humanoid
Shows worst possible Mod of Ridley to prove a point that he'd look weird in-game
Gives us the fact that he thinks the Melee opening is fine, which destroys his argument entirely
Tells others who watch to spread video around and spam up all media revolving Ridley
Bowser has no canon size (Neither does Ridley)
Comparing Samus to Ridley would be weird (Although it was done fine in Melee's opening)
The Pyrosphere level makes his arguments Gods and cannot be touched
If you vote for Ridley, you're a dumb@$$
Ridley is on par with asking for Goku and Naruto

In short...a serious load of bull****. Not to mention "Ya know what I'm sayin xInfinity"

What do you think will happen on here if Ridley is confirmed as playable? Personal reactions, whole thread reactions...?
Personal reactions? Cheer, drink a cup of hater tears, then run to the nearest Shokio video and rub it in his snarky face.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Yeah but I feel as though the 1st 10 series in the game have more prescendence, seeing as they all remained in the game throughout the series. Unlike Roy who left, regardless of if he had been planned because he still didn't make it. However, I'll give you that Marth still remains in my mind as one of those CHARACTERS who is a Smash character. Not the series as a whole yet.
I can understand and respect that.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah but I feel as though the 1st 10 series in the game have more prescendence, seeing as they all remained in the game throughout the series. Unlike Roy who left, regardless of if he had been planned because he still didn't make it. However, I'll give you that Marth still remains in my mind as one of those CHARACTERS who is a Smash character. Not the series as a whole yet.
Fire Emblem sparks some of the most heated debates. I think it has made its way into Smash as a "main" series. Obviously it doesn't have the sheer background history of games like Zelda or Donkey Kong or the sheer popularity of Mario and Pokemon. Nevertheless, it is a huge part of Smash. Arguably more so than even Mother or F-Zero despite consistent appearances. In my mind, Fire Emblem is part of Smash. Most definitely more than series such as Pikmin or Kid Icarus or even other Melee series like G&W or Ice Climbers.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem sparks some of the most heated debates. I think it has made its way into Smash as a "main" series. Obviously it doesn't have the sheer background history of games like Zelda or Donkey Kong or the sheer popularity of Mario and Pokemon. Nevertheless, it is a huge part of Smash. Arguably more so than even Mother or F-Zero despite consistent appearances. In my mind, Fire Emblem is part of Smash. Most definitely more than series such as Pikmin or Kid Icarus or even other Melee series like G&W or Ice Climbers.
Oh yeah, totally. FE has done its part to get itself integrated with Smash. It arguably even got so big because of Marth and Roy showing up in Melee. However I don't think you can really surpass the level of Captain Falcon and Ness' integration with the series. They are definitely mainstays more than the FE cast.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is the source of most of his haters.

EDIT: Pick me! Ignore the fact that i was ninja'd!
I picked you because you love Jigglypuff. Reznor is a Clefairy fan. Little princess!

Just kidding! Love you Rez!

I actually recall seeing his videos. Haha. Ridley is BIG AS ****!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, I'll use this gif to start with.

Then, I'll post this song in celebration. Even though it isn't Ridley's theme, it has a victorious vibe to it, (except for the last part just before the ending part) and I think would well suit the day the most wanted Nintendo newcomer is confirmed to be playable.

Morbi

Scavenger

My personal reaction? I will open up a new tab and check out the Smash site (as I do everyday). I will note the Ridley pictures... I will examine it thoroughly. Afterwards, I would shut the computer and go make a sandwich. I would then come back up to the computer, and go about my business as I normally would. Assuming I am not busy? I will check out the threads and spread more Jigglypuff propaganda. I don't really give a damn about Ridley. I spent hours upon hours trying to unlock him in Melee only to learn that Sakurai was too much of a princess to put Ridley in the game. He skipped out on Ridley, Wolf, and Goroh. I will never forgive him for that. He is a troll! A troll, I say!

Thread reactions: People will **** their pants.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I've never actually watched that video to the end, because I didn't like him. But...

THERE'S A METROID MANGA?! ... Brb.
Yes there is, and it's actually pretty damn good. But even then, Ridley is not a giant in the manga, he's fairly decent size as he can barely fit Samus' head in his hand. And even in the video, where he shows Ridley compared to Samus, Samus is three years old in that picture, which is even more a contradiction.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Reasonable. My only complaints are the Mii (I don't like the idea of people being able to play as their Mii avatar to fight others, espescially considering how some people will design the Mii's face and what name they'll use)
The point is that the Mii itself is represented as it's own character with it's own abilities, you jut have the ability to alter it's look and have your name on screen just like you would be able to edit you name in the last 2 games. This shouldn't be any bigger of a problem than any other online game.

I don't see why this is a bigger problem than any other character just becaue you have the ability to change looks & names. (2 things already available in Smash).

You talking smack about Jigglypuff? She isn't just a pink blob! She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more!
Such a big fan like you would know she's a puff, and not a gooey blob.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Personal reaction: I would regret all my doubting and enjoy playing him when the game comes out. Hopefully no one's taken any of my arguments too personally. I actually like Ridley, just don't want to get expectations too high. it's happened before,

Everything else: everyone will have a ridley icon. the threads would be packed with discussions, not just the ridley thread. i feel like previous doubters and haters will be looked down upon, but i hope it at least remains civil. and there will be a joke related to using ridley as a verb referring to characters previously thought of as impossible.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I feel Ridley is next in line to be revealed assuming that tease from Sakurai implied his long awaited appearance. My reaction if it happens will be non existent.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I'm not sure how I'd react. Maybe I'd wait a day or two before commenting anywhere, in order to not make a giant fool of myself like I already did when Sakurai just made that little remark towards him with the Pyrosphere stage (which later turned into something negative of course.)

I can't even imagine how I'd react to be honest, the thought of it even happening is very weird. Being free of having to defend Ridley all the time with the same arguments, being free of listening to the same dull arguments again and again, but most importantly; looking forward to play as my favorite video game character after 9 years of wanting it, it all just seems too much like a dream. Even from this comment here I'm sure you can get the feel of how excited I'd be.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Ridley gets confirmed, I'll be very happy for the Ridley fanbase for their victory after the long battle.

Morbi

Scavenger
Personal reaction: I would regret all my doubting and enjoy playing him when the game comes out. Hopefully no one's taken any of my arguments too personally. I actually like Ridley, just don't want to get expectations too high. it's happened before,

Everything else: everyone will have a ridley icon. the threads would be packed with discussions, not just the ridley thread. i feel like previous doubters and haters will be looked down upon, but i hope it at least remains civil. and there will be a joke related to using ridley as a verb referring to characters previously thought of as impossible.
This is how I feel. I wouldn't mind Ridley. I would enjoy playing him. The problem is that Ridley doesn't seem like a feasible character to me. Not because he is too big, I hate that argument. I have spent hours attacking that very same notion. However, I don't really expect Ridley to be playable.

People don't realize that we are debating about whether or not Ridley is a possibility. HE IS. Anyone that denies that isn't a very competent debater. We aren't supposed to look at whether or not he is possible. We are supposed to look at whether or not he is practical. Sakurai has been aware of his popularity for a long time, so why hasn't he implemented Ridley? The very answer to that question is simple. It is difficult. It isn't as easy as just scaling him down. They would need to take considerable measures to balance him. It might just be one of those things that doesn't happen.

Why wasn't Mewtwo in Brawl? You would think one of the most popular Pokemon of all time would be a high priority. That is just it. I think Ridley is DEFINITELY on Sakurai's list. I can't say that I think he is high on the priority list though. I don't think it would be justifiable if we have the imminent cuts. His popularity equates to NOTHING. It is all dependent on whether or not Sakurai is ready to develop him. I doubt Ridley is the first thing that he wants to do though. I am sure he is busy saving Veterans like Toon Link.

Just my opinion. :039:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Quote #1: "I get requests for a lot of characters."
Quote # 2: "An enemy from Samus's past is going to appear any minute."

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
"To me, putting Ridley in this game is like them taking Godzilla, then scalling him down to Charizard Height, and putting him in the game."

Morbi

Scavenger
"To me, putting Ridley in this game is like them taking Godzilla, then scalling him down to Charizard Height, and putting him in the game."
As a Godzilla fan... I never thought about how disturbing that would be. I would be pissed to be honest. Luckily, I am only an admirer or Ridley. I don't care what they do to the punk!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Quote #1: "I get requests for a lot of characters."
Quote # 2: "An enemy from Samus's past is going to appear any minute."

That banshee of a monstrosity ***** my ears when fighting him in Metroid Fusion. I mean, what drugs the Metroid devs were on when making his screech sound effects?

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
If Ridley does end up as a stage hazard, I'm afraid to say that he won't be playable. Why? Because it would be Other M Ridley. Samus, and everything else Metroid related in this game, is based upon Other M. They wouldn't just make Prime Ridley playable, they would make Other M Ridley playable. It's just like how the 3 main Zelda slots will be based from the same game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
This is how I feel. I wouldn't mind Ridley. I would enjoy playing him. The problem is that Ridley doesn't seem like a feasible character to me. Not because he is too big, I hate that argument. I have spent hours attacking that very same notion. However, I don't really expect Ridley to be playable.

People don't realize that we are debating about whether or not Ridley is a possibility. HE IS. Anyone that denies that isn't a very competent debater. We aren't supposed to look at whether or not he is possible. We are supposed to look at whether or not he is practical. Sakurai has been aware of his popularity for a long time, so why hasn't he implemented Ridley? The very answer to that question is simple. It is difficult. It isn't as easy as just scaling him down. They would need to take considerable measures to balance him. It might just be one of those things that doesn't happen.

Why wasn't Mewtwo in Brawl? You would think one of the most popular Pokemon of all time would be a high priority. That is just it. I think Ridley is DEFINITELY on Sakurai's list. I can't say that I think he is high on the priority list though. I don't think it would be justifiable if we have the imminent cuts. His popularity equates to NOTHING. It is all dependent on whether or not Sakurai is ready to develop him. I doubt Ridley is the first thing that he wants to do though. I am sure he is busy saving Veterans like Toon Link.

Just my opinion. :039:
For me, it's more like I just don't think it's what Sakurai is going to do. Based on prior his comments, including the idea that he would take significant time to develop the character (meaning less characters overall)

As I've said multiple times, popularity is difficult to measure, so I don't think is that big of a factor. But there is the ongoing notion that being the most demanded character on a particular forum means that he is very likely to get in. It feels like setting up for disappointment. Saying that type of stuff does not make Ridley more likely. And people believe it so they get frustrated when you say otherwise. If I say Ridley has 60% chance, that means Ridley gets in 60 times out of 100. But there are those other 40 times where he doesn't get in.

Morbi

Scavenger
For me, it's more like I just don't think it's what Sakurai is going to do. Based on prior his comments, including the idea that he would take significant time to develop the character (meaning less characters overall)

As I've said multiple times, popularity is difficult to measure, so I don't think is that big of a factor. But there is the ongoing notion that being the most demanded character on a particular forum means that he is very likely to get in. It feels like setting up for disappointment. Saying that type of stuff does not make Ridley more likely. And people believe it so they get frustrated when you say otherwise. If I say Ridley has 60% chance, that means Ridley gets in 60 times out of 100. But there are those other 40 times where he doesn't get in.
That is an interesting way to look at it. I agree 100%. The whole debate is so subjective. I love how even if you give him the benefit of the doubt (90 out of 10) there is still a 1 in 10 chance that he will not show up. This logic is fairly flawless. I think everyone can agree that it isn't absolute that Ridley will be included. Thank you for the different perspective.

If Cranky Kong was the most requested on any particular forum would his chances be greatly affected? No, of course not. Sometimes we put greater value on our own opinions. It might be hilarious to us that Ghirahim might return. However, I am sure that somewhere, a lot of people think that he is shoe-in. We must take a more objective perspective. Universal popularity. Obviously that is quite difficult to do. Hence we get into these silly debates.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
That's not even Ridley...
Duh. He's way too small to be Ridley :troll:

Anyways, I'd be more excited for the Jiggs reveal than the Ridley reveal honestly.

Ridley reveal: Oh that's nice. I'm glad he made it finally, he dese...

Imma let you finish, but Jigglypuff will be the greatest character reveal of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom