• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Because unlike Pac-Man, Bomberman isn't stupid and actually would be a cool character to play as. I sense some sort of lack of understanding in your comment. Are you seriously implying there is something weird about that?
Well, you did think there were 2 pandora tower characters...so......I take your comment as a grain of salt. Plus, it's all opinion.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks. Well, I did try to go from the norm and add a character that I think would make an interesting fighter but not many people expect in Aeron. Not to mention that although he uses a sword, the chain he uses can also be unique in the fact that he can use a cross-style between the two for a really interesting boss fight. And although Sheik uses a chain-esque whip for her Side + B, we don't have a character that mixes in a chain into their moveset as intricately as Aeron.

And the main reason I didn't Palutena is because I'm starting to question not only whether Kid Icarus needs more representation and if Sakurai will even consider it thanks to he adopted said franchise.
I don't know. I hate Shulk so much that Aeron doesn't even sound so bad.

I think a Kid Icarus rep is immenent. It would seem weird to revive the series and then ignore the popularity. ESPECIALLY because he is the one that not only instigated the revival, but Sora LTD. also established the ideal. So I don't think it would be too absurd.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, you did think there were 2 pandora tower characters...so......I take your comment as a grain of salt. Plus, it's all opinion.
He thought they were both Xenoblade characters, actually.

Also, there's a guy named Zael who is one of the main protagonists of The Last Story, another "Project Rainfall game" who might be confused for a Pandora's Tower or Xenoblade character.

Wasn't that those same clowns who made that previous abomination of their cuts list?
It's hard to forgive them after they put bullet holes through Marth and Ike.

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you implying I'm stupid because I though Areon was a XenoBlade character when a lot of us don't even know who he is, and thus implying I'm stupid because I like a character who's clearly cooler and a better fighter than a yellow ball that eats tic-tacs? If so you're needlessly being a ****.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Are you implying I'm stupid because I though Areon was a XenoBlade character when a lot of us don't even know who he is, and thus implying I'm stupid because I like a character who's clearly cooler and a better fighter than a yellow ball that eats tic-tacs? If so you're needlessly being a ****.
Well, being on Smashboards, I expected some more. Plus, like I said opinion.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wow, almost everyone is using Toon Link avatars, lol.

Anyways, here is my current roster. The only change from last time is the replacement of Toad with Bowser Jr, whom I've grown to like more after beating NSMBWii a few days ago.

As with last time, Roy can be swapped for Chrom. The rest is rigid.

(I also replaced Toon Link's poker face with a smirk due to his confirmation. :p)

DLC

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly think a yellow ball that devours and consumes delicious fruit and satanic ghosts is a little cooler than some chibi-boy who throws bombs around. That could just be me. I don't want either of them in the game, but the cheese wheel wins.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seeing as we're hopping back on the grade my roster train, check mine out please. I'd appreciate feedback very much.

As always, you can swap Roy for Chrom if you must. You can also shove Black Shadow out for Palutena. I only have Black Shadow because I feel he could take on most of Ganondorf's old moveset and it would make much more sense.
Can't really find anything to complain about here. No cuts that I can see. I'd prefer Palutena over Black Shadow, but that is a good idea you came up with for him.

Toon Zelda/Tetra makes this roster all the more better for me.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What's funny is that most people now agree with him on his Ridley video. (just checked it a few minutes ago.)
They always did. But then again, it's youtube, they're either blindly following the hate of others or they're too uneducated to know anything about the character in question.

On a side note: Someone tell him to come here! We must give him the most humble of welcomes...:evil:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't know. I hate Shulk so much that Aeron doesn't even sound so bad.

I think a Kid Icarus rep is immenent. It would seem weird to revive the series and then ignore the popularity. ESPECIALLY because he is the one that not only instigated the revival, but Sora LTD. also established the ideal. So I don't think it would be too absurd.
Why do you hate Shulk? Is it because you think he's an overrated choice for Smash Bros?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Alright, here's my two-cents worth. I'll post my wanted Roster later, but this is, what I think, the true roster:
I think Dixie should be seperate form Diddy.
Baby Bros and Lip don't seem very likely either.
I don't think Dark Samus is too likely anymore and Metroid should have Ridley.
Either take out Porkey or Masked Man and put Lucas back in
Replace Professor Layton with Snake.
Other than that it's good.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So since everyone is posting their roster I guess I will post mine. Keep in mind that where I stand on Starfy in Smash remains the same and I still think he's getting in. I wanted to make room for Sheriff. I haven't had him for a while because "Assist Trophy" but....

I honestly don't see where the doubt for Sheriff comes from. I mean he's next in line after ROB and Mr. Game & Watch. He's a very important part of Nintendo History and I still think we'll be getting that unexpected classic character. People say we won't get 2 retros, which makes NO sense because in Melee we had: Ice Climber & Mr. G & W. In Brawl we had Pit & ROB. Sheriff can easily get his own move set using his pistol, lasso, horse, and hide behind ]wooden barriers like in the game. And having a gun isn't a problem because he can just use bullets made out of pixels instead of led. So since he's an important part of Nintendo History "being referenced a lot" I think he fits perfectly.

So here it is! With 48 Characters

Veterans: 35 (39 Total)
Newcomers: 12
Semi-Clones: 8
Females (just counting for fun): 11
TOTAL CHARACTERS: 52

Starter Roster:

JAPANESE Roster:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm gonna assume only 1 person commenting about my roster means it's pretty good I guess...:c
Yes. The less comments you get, the better. If tons of people respond, that means they want to give you criticism. I think your roster is pretty good if Jigglypuff is on it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I build my roster differently from other people. I don't pre-determine how many characters a series "deserves". I look at how well the series is currently being represented, and try to complete it. After doing so, I check to see if the roster is still balanced overall. In my opinion, my layout maintains balance because each main series is equally represented for the most part (These main series, imo, include Mario, DK, Zelda, Pkmn, Kirby, SF, Mother, FE, F-Zero, and Metroid).
That's a different way of looking at it, and I can respect that. What, out of curiosity, what makes a "main series" to you?
What makes F-Zero, Mother, and Fire Emblem main series, but doesn't have Pikmin or Kid Icarus (or, as we will soon have, Animal Crossing) fall under the same category?

Morbi

Scavenger
That's a different way of looking at it, and I can respect that. What, out of curiosity, what makes a "main series" to you?
What makes F-Zero, Mother, and Fire Emblem main series, but doesn't have Pikmin or Kid Icarus (or, as we will soon have, Animal Crossing) fall under the same category?
F-Zero and Mother were around since Smash 64. So that would qualify as a "main" Smash series. Pikmin and Kid Icarus have only been around since Brawl. Just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom