• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Have my doubts on Earthbound and F-Zero getting two reps, but it's a fine roster.
THANKS! Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a new rep for either in the least (especially not Mother). I just wanted each of the 10 main series to be properly represented in my incarnation of SSB4.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't believe anyone has this avatar anymore, so I cast the drab Toon Link pic away and chose this one.

I also have 666 likes right now... satanic.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

So since so many new rosters are up, I made this.

Total characters: 47 (51 with transformations)
Returning characters 36 (Including Mewtwo) (40 with transformations)
Newcomers: 11 (Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Villager, MegaMan, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk, Aeron, Wii Fit Trainer) (3 Confirmed)
Starting characters: 26 (30 with transformations)

Thoughts?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Completely random post of the G0LD3N L0TUS' roster! :3
I saw Masked Man and was disappointed, but then I saw Goroh, so you kind of made up for it.
Not enough people support Goroh and it makes me sad. Not support as in thinking he's likely Just support as in "I think Goroh should be playable."
To be honest I think Goroh (or at least Black Shadow) should get in before anyone else from Kid Icarus does...even Palutena. Too bad that won't happen.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Newcomers: 11 (Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Villager, MegaMan, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk, Aeron, Wii Fit Trainer) (3 Confirmed)

Thoughts?
Meh on Aeron, it looks neater than before, could use a little more organization though. Neat roster.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

Thoughts?
I Love this roster, fantastic job!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS! THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST HILARIOUS AND GREATEST ABOMINATIONS TO SMASH BROS EVER!!!

I feel as though it's just me who isn't too fond of the idea of Pac-Man in the new smash bros.
You're not alone, it'll be hell if that idiot gets in. I pray to god Sakurai doesn't do it. I mean of all the third-parties you can choose from...............freaking PAC-MAN!?!?!?

Reznor

work in progress
okay guys I tried my best and I think I got a roster every one will agree on

Empty Roster.png

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anyways:
What if this was the final roster?
Seeing Ike cut would make me sad and getting Harry and Kawashima would make me FURIOUS! ENRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER! :p

Thoughts?
I like it. Can't find anything to complain about.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Thoughts?
I really like it! Like I really like it! IMO, I'd put Tetra in favor of Aeron, or Ashley in favor of him (sorry, I've had a little Witch obsession recently). Other than that, perfect beyond detail! 9.5/10

Reminds me: have you ever done an Ashley moveset before? I'd love to see one.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What's so disturbing about Masked Man?
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I dislike the character. I'm not against Masked Man himself, but more-so against of Mother having that many characters. I think Masked Man could be a fun character, but I don't think the series he is from has earned that many characters. Which is kind of hard for me to say since I think Porky is a worthy character as well...
On the flip-side I think F-Zero has earned two characters given its past. Not only do I think has it earned two characters, but it also has a character that I think has earned his place in the roster.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Seeing as we're hopping back on the grade my roster train, check mine out please. I'd appreciate feedback very much.

As always, you can swap Roy for Chrom if you must. You can also shove Black Shadow out for Palutena. I only have Black Shadow because I feel he could take on most of Ganondorf's old moveset and it would make much more sense.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I really like it! Like I really like it! IMO, I'd put Tetra in favor of Aeron, or Ashley in favor of him (sorry, I've had a little Witch obsession recently). Other than that, perfect beyond detail! 9.5/10

Reminds me: have you ever done an Ashley moveset before? I'd love to see one.
Thanks. I actually haven't done one yet, but I do plan to do one for my "Because I want to" series or whatever it is I plan on naming it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS! THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST HILARIOUS AND GREATEST ABOMINATIONS TO SMASH BROS EVER!!!
Oh man, not these guys again. Needless to say, I turned off the video as soon as they said Ridley was too big. Same tired old argument they're using that has been debunked to death. Glad that they said it that early in the video, so I didn't need to listen to more of their blasphemy.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Thanks. I actually haven't done one yet, but I do plan to do one for my "Because I want to" series or whatever it is I plan on naming it.
Oh, I just saw you don't have Palutena! Well, it's still amazing nonetheless. When Ridley gets deconfirmed (JOKING), you can replace him with her!

IMO, apart from Aeron, one of the neatest and best rosters you've made.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh man, not these guys again. Needless to say, I turned off the video as soon as they said Ridley was too big. Same tired old argument they're using that has been debunked to death. Glad that they said it that early in the video, so I didn't need to listen to more of their blasphemy.
So then you missed the part where they call Dixie Kong "Trixie Kong" and "Topical Fever". Don't forget the part where Rayman is unlikely ONLY BECAUSE LEGENDS BECAME MULTI-PLATFORM!

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I dislike the character. I'm not against Masked Man himself, but more-so against of Mother having that many characters. I think Masked Man could be a fun character, but I don't think the series he is from has earned that many characters. Which is kind of hard for me to say since I think Porky is a worthy character as well...
On the flip-side I think F-Zero has earned two characters given its past. Not only do I think has it earned two characters, but it also has a character that I think has earned his place in the roster.
I build my roster differently from other people. I don't pre-determine how many characters a series "deserves". I look at how well the series is currently being represented, and try to complete it. After doing so, I check to see if the roster is still balanced overall. In my opinion, my layout maintains balance because each main series is equally represented for the most part (These main series, imo, include Mario, DK, Zelda, Pkmn, Kirby, SF, Mother, FE, F-Zero, and Metroid).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They think Knuckles is going to be playable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Seeing Ike cut would make me sad and getting Harry and Kawashima would make me FURIOUS! ENRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER! :p

I like it. Can't find anything to complain about.
Who is Aeron? That would be my only complaint. He doesn't seem too important... if this is the first time I have heard about him. I have looked at hundreds of rosters. He seems out of place. Maybe if he is relevant, I just don't know.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Who is Aeron? That would be my only complaint. He doesn't seem too important... if this is the first time I have heard about him. I have looked at hundreds of rosters. He seems out of place. Maybe if he is relevant, I just don't know.
He is from a game called Pandora's Tower. Look it up.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
His game and Xenoblade were part of Project Rainfall. That makes him important enough. He's just not as popular as Shulk.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh, I just saw you don't have Palutena! Well, it's still amazing nonetheless. When Ridley gets deconfirmed (JOKING), you can replace him with her!

IMO, apart from Aeron, one of the neatest and best rosters you've made.
Thanks. Well, I did try to go from the norm and add a character that I think would make an interesting fighter but not many people expect in Aeron. Not to mention that although he uses a sword, the chain he uses can also be unique in the fact that he can use a cross-style between the two for a really interesting boss fight. And although Sheik uses a chain-esque whip for her Side + B, we don't have a character that mixes in a chain into their moveset as intricately as Aeron.

And the main reason I didn't Palutena is because I'm starting to question not only whether Kid Icarus needs more representation and if Sakurai will even consider it thanks to he adopted said franchise.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So then you missed the part where they call Dixie Kong "Trixie Kong" and "Topical Fever". Don't forget the part where Rayman is unlikely ONLY BECAUSE LEGENDS BECAME MULTI-PLATFORM!
Let me use their logic for use:

"Browser Jr. will not be in the game because he will be a clone of his father!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They think Knuckles is going to be playable.
****ing hell. Why do people like them get to speak widely on a Youtube channel that gets a decent amount of views and make people think that's how things work? I need to lie down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom