• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
:happysheep:this is my dream roster (49)

:happysheep:this is my real roster (47)
Those are... Surprisingly good. You spam a little often, but you have good taste in prediction. How about that.
In the general discussion part of the Smash 4 forums there's a Roster Maker program, it's super easy to use.

Pac-Man really is the love him or hate him character, it's rare that people are neutral towards him.
EeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeee. I'm rare! Now I feel all fuzzy inside.

I wouldn't be devastated by Pac-Man's inclusion, but I don't feel myself really wanting him at all in the first place. We could do better with Professor Layton or even Bomberman I feel, but we could certainly do much, much worse.
Been starting to play Pikmin 3, it felt a little disappointing for some odd reason. Maybe I miss treasure collecting. Anyways, how would you feel if Alph made it into the roster.
I would rather see Louie if we get a second Pikmin rep. Not that a second Pikmin representative is at all likely in the first place. SSB5, maybe, but Pikmin is definitely fine the way it is for now.

On an unrelated note, I don't know why people consider 3DS version to be SSB5. It'll have the same roster. They're supposed to be companion versions of the same installment. SSB4WiiU/3DS, it's that easy and it's already in the name "Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS". Call it SSB4, people!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, almost everyone is using Toon Link avatars, lol.

Anyways, here is my current roster. The only change from last time is the replacement of Toad with Bowser Jr, whom I've grown to like more after beating NSMBWii a few days ago.

As with last time, Roy can be swapped for Chrom. The rest is rigid.

(I also replaced Toon Link's poker face with a smirk due to his confirmation. :p)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
On an unrelated note, I don't know why people consider 3DS version to be SSB5. It'll have the same roster. They're supposed to be companion versions of the same installment. SSB4WiiU/3DS, it's that easy and it's already in the name "Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS". Call it SSB4, people!
If I remember correctly, Sakurai called the two of them 4 and 5, respectively.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
IIRC Sakurai said that he considers the two games to be different enough.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Anyways, here is my current roster. The only change from last time is the replacement of Toon Link with Bowser Jr, whom I've grown to like more after beating NSMBWii a few days ago.

(I also replaced Toon Link's poker face with a smirk due to his confirmation. :p)
Where's Mii? If you have Pac-Man there, you should also have Mii, if you are really interested in Pac-Man in your roster.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Anyways, here is my current roster. The only change from last time is the replacement of Toon Link with Bowser Jr, whom I've grown to like more after beating NSMBWii a few days ago.

It looks like Palutena and Toon Link are looking at each other and Yoshi is pedo-eyeing Toon Link. :p Dedede also looks very concerned about said situation.

Also...Dat Mewtwo. And Wii Fit Trainer's lookin a bit depressed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Where's Mii? If you have Pac-Man there, you should also have Mii, if you are really interested in Pac-Man in your roster.
See, I don't believe in the Little Mac, Pac Man, Mii rumour, if that is what you mean.
It looks like Palutena and Toon Link are looking at each other and Yoshi is pedo-eyeing Toon Link. :p Dedede also looks very concerned about said situation.

Also...Dat Mewtwo. And Wii Fit Trainer's lookin a bit depressed.
Lol. I'll try to make everyone look more normal in the next update. :p

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If I remember correctly, Sakurai called the two of them 4 and 5, respectively.
IIRC Sakurai said that he considers the two games to be different enough.
>SSB4WiiU/3DS
>Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U / 3DS
>Super Smash Bros. Four Wii U / 3DS
>Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS

I dunno guys, SSB5 is a pretty hard name to beat...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Replacement of Toon Link with Bowser Jr.? Do you mean Toad...?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Might be a little big, but it's pretty good overall. 9/10

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Haha. Well, I am bias. You have selected nearly every new character to be in the roster that I do not want. Tetra, Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Chrom, Ashley.

Dixie, Palutena and Ridley I like. I am neutral toward Sonic. And don't think Snake is returning. AND I think some cuts will happen. But Toon Link surprised me.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Anyways, here is my current roster. The only change from last time is the replacement of Toad with Bowser Jr, whom I've grown to like more after beating NSMBWii a few days ago.

This is my most favourite roster ever.

Will you draw the Transformations? I wanna see what they look like.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pac-Man really is the love him or hate him character, it's rare that people are neutral towards him.
Mostly a hate it character. Bad characterization combined with many fruitless endeavors to make Pac-man on par with the likes of Sonic and Mario have really left a negative stigma on the character's reputation.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mostly a hate it character. Bad characterization combined with many fruitless endeavors to make Pac-man on par with the likes of Sonic and Mario have really left a negative stigma on the character's reputation.
PacMan really was bigger than Mario on the global stage at one point. Sonic never was. And Sonic had many horrible games.

Sakurai dug deep into Megaman's past to capture Megaman at his prime. And he looks great and flavorful in the new game. If Sakurai does the same thing with Pacman, borrowing movements, sounds and elements from his addicting game, I think many people will enjoy him.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Somehow... I'm not very proud...

Maybe it's cuz EVERYONE ELSE POSTED MORE THAN ME!!!!
I'm moreso proud of the fact that even at 1000 messages, I still have a solid like-to-post ratio. Lets me know I'm a smart feller and a fart smeller.
So. Any discussions someone has on their mind. We should skew away from the "___ Posts Baby!" topic and talk about something else.
What if, through some bizarre chance, Sonic was revealed along with a second Sonic character? Honestly, for me, if it's not a horrible choice like Shadow or Silver, I think I could live with such a thing. Assuming it's Tails or Knuckles, at least.
So basically, the likes of WFT can but PAC Man can't?
Except WFT was Sakurai's choice from a first-party. Pac-Man is third-party, which complicates things entirely.

Also congrats on the 30,000th post. We're all hitting milestones today, it seems.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
PacMan really was bigger than Mario on the global stage at one point. Sonic never was. And Sonic had many horrible games.

Sakurai dug deep into Megaman's past to capture Megaman at his prime. And he looks great and flavorful in the new game. If Sakurai does the same thing with Pacman, borrowing movements, sounds and elements from his addicting game, I think many people will enjoy him.
I agree. I am the 1% that is simply indifferent towards him, but if Sakurai made a nostalgic and creative moveset, I'd be very happy.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

This is my most favourite roster ever.

Will you draw the Transformations? I wanna see what they look like.
Really that would be cool.

And like how you made it Brawl style.

Reznor

work in progress
I agree. I am the 1% that is simply indifferent towards him, but if Sakurai made a nostalgic and creative moveset, I'd be very happy.
this is how I feel 100%
although if Pacman took the place of Sonic I would want him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom