• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
OK guys I'm back and I'm about to lay it on you guys... MY NEW ROSTER =D
View attachment 2782
I was considering cutting Jigglypuff in favor of Jigglypuff but I just decided Jigglypuff was more relevant​
I was thinking about cutting Mr. Game and Watch but he does have that whole MUH RECENCY thing going for him​
I was going to add Ridley but he would've made my roster implode​
This is a completely serious roster ANY CRITICISMS?​
Needs more Groose. :troll:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
View attachment 2782
I was considering cutting Jigglypuff in favor of Jigglypuff but I just decided Jigglypuff was more relevant​
I was thinking about cutting Mr. Game and Watch but he does have that whole MUH RECENCY thing going for him​
Not enough Omastars... still pretty close to a perfect roster.
.n_n.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
View attachment 2782
You should cut Omastar for Omastar.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Needs more Groose. :troll:
I'm sorry guys I simply did not have enough space for him, development time was limited and most of our resources went into Jigglypuff ;-;
Not enough Omastars... still pretty close to a perfect roster.
.n_n.
We thought a holy quartet of them was enough.. besides, we needed to put our resources into jigglypuff without losing our whole cast

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'm sorry guys I simply did not have enough space for him, development time was limited and most of our resources went into Jigglypuff ;-;

We thought a holy quartet of them was enough.. besides, we needed to put our resources into jigglypuff without losing our whole cast
The word enough is not in the dictionary especially with Omastar, how could you think Jigglypuff is more important, I have enough or you put another Omastar or I will put you in my ignore list.
.n_n.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Where the heck is Jigglypuff on this roster?
Come on man, seriously. She reps her own franchise, and she even has recency on her side.
Cut Mr. Game and Watch though, big waste of space. Put Landmaster in over him.
But... But... MUCH RECENCY D=

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
View attachment 2782

I love it

Louie G.

Smash Hero
More:

Metroid
Donkey Kong

Less:

Starfox (Not less, but no more characters)
I say Metroid and DK for sure, Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon could always use something new.
Fire Emblem deserves 3 characters.
I honestly think having two Mother reps is a bit of an overrepresentation, but that's just me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I love how Toon Link and Fox have the exact same pose. It seems lots of characters do.
Anyone still there?
Let's talk about which franchises need more/less representation.
Basically just Donkey Kong & Fire Emblem, I still feel Mario could use just one more rep.

?????????????

Smash Master
I say Metroid and DK for sure, Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon could always use something new.
Fire Emblem deserves 3 characters.
I honestly think having two Mother reps is a bit of an overrepresentation, but that's just me.
I think MOTHER is justified. Ness doesn't represent MOTHER 3, the latest game of the franchise, so I think it would be more inappropriate to only have Ness.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Side Note: I kind of want to make a couple of my own icons so does anybody have a blank template for the icons they use? =P
Typically, my roster image format is composed of icons that are 64x64 pixels, while also having black borders around them. I'll use my current roster image as an example...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Anybody who thinks MOTHER is overepresented is ****ing kidding themselves :facepalm:
sounds like more people are ******** that they didn't get their Ridley and Bowser Jr.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Cursing me out.
Listen, I don't think Lucas should be cut or anything, but if Mother, a small series, has 2 reps and Metroid, a huge series, has the same amount (Including ZSS), than it just seems that the series is a little overrepresented.
Not that I don't love MOTHER by the way.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Listen, I don't think Lucas should be cut or anything, but if Mother, a small series, has 2 reps and Metroid, a huge series, has the same amount (Including ZSS), than it just seems that the series is a little overrepresented.
Samus and Zero Suit Samus are practically the same person, so I don't think it's that hard to say that both Samus and ZSS are just one character, as they are as their final smashes work off of each other to switch fighting styles.

?????????????

Smash Master
Yeah. I think the problem there just lies in Metroid not having enough representation. For instance, I think Star Fox has always had PLENTY for it's size when compared to Donkey Kong and Metroid.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Samus and Zero Suit Samus are practically the same person, so I don't think it's that hard to say that both Samus and ZSS are just one character, as they are as their final smashes work off of each other to switch fighting styles.
Then this proves my point further.
If you are going to give a small franchise like MOTHER 2 reps, you should give big franchises like DK and Metroid more.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Mother is completely justifiable. I think Metroid and DK need more reps, as both only have two reps at the moment (yes, there are two in Brawl. If Sakurai counts them separate, then they're separate)

The Big Three wouldn't hurt having a character slapped onto their slots. As would FE.

I feel Kirby and Starfox are completed. Mother is at its limit (though I would like Claus), and while not necessary, I would like to give KI one more rep. Certainly unnecessary, though.

?????????????

Smash Master
Lucas is alot cooler than Ness is anyways, so I'm glad we got Lucas.
I had to think about this, but ultimately, I agree.

A ton of bad **** happens to Lucas, and yet he faces his fears and fights for his family.

Ness gets so "homesick" that he becomes unable to fight for his own survival.

...like..."I miss my mom so much, I don't even CARE if I get hit by a death laser."

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Typically, my roster image format is composed of icons that are 64x64 pixels, while also having black borders around them. I'll use my current roster image as an example...

- You cut Lucas and Ike for 6 Mario reps and 4 DK reps? Um NO. Chrom won't replace Ike because he is more iconic and unlike Chrom he had 2 installments.
-Rosalina? eeeeeh (We might not even get 5 mario reps)
-No Lucas, No roster. There are 2 styles of the Mother Series and both need to be represented
-I still think cutting only 1 third-party is unfair regardless of the other's popularity
- Mega Evolutions don't seem to be unique to 1 Pokemon so it's excessive to give it to all of them. We'd probably just get Mega Mewtwo Y to represent the movie.
- I'm okay with a second F-Zero rep (sort of...)
You cut the wrong people. Ike & Lucas should come before Jiggs & Wolf (i'm not just saying that because of Brawl's low priority theory)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Then this proves my point further.
If you are going to give a small franchise like MOTHER 2 reps, you should give big franchises like DK and Metroid more.
Well, Metroid doesn't have a super-diverse cast of recurring characters to work with, so it's understandable...or has been at least until Brawl, I don't think it's as reasonable as it is now...Mother on the other hand does have a very colorful cast of characters that are genuinely liked, namely the main protagonists of the games, Ninten, Ness, and Lucas. Lucas represents the japanese only side of the Mother franchise, and Ness represents the game of the franchise that made it to an international release, even if it was the title in the middle.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I had to think about this, but ultimately, I agree.

A ton of bad **** happens to Lucas, and yet he faces his fears and fights for his family.

Ness gets so "homesick" that he becomes unable to fight for his own survival.

...like..."I miss my mom so much, I don't even CARE if I get hit by a death laser."
I'm not too familiar with the plot of Mother 3, but I know the gist of it. And Lucas has amazing character development, both in that game and Brawl, in fact.

And in Brawl? Maybe he could have a better aerial game or being less susceptible to chain-grabs, but hes really fun to play as. He's powerful and effective for me.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
- You cut Lucas and Ike for 6 Mario reps and 4 DK reps? Um NO. Chrom won't replace Ike because he is more iconic and unlike Chrom he had 2 installments.
-Rosalina? eeeeeh (We might not even get 5 mario reps)
-No Lucas, No roster. There are 2 styles of the Mother Series and both need to be represented
-I still think cutting only 1 third-party is unfair regardless of the other's popularity
- Mega Evolutions don't seem to be unique to 1 Pokemon so it's excessive to give it to all of them. We'd probably just get Mega Mewtwo Y to represent the movie.
- I'm okay with a second F-Zero rep (sort of...)
You cut the wrong people. Ike & Lucas should come before Jiggs & Wolf (i'm not just saying that because of Brawl's low priority theory)
Ooh can you take a dump on MY roster? =D

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you trying to say there's a problem with Mother having an equal amount to Metroid? This is some prejudice right here. Why would Sakurai care if one is equal to another. This is unjustifiable.

It means Metroid is underrepresented. Not the other way around.

I think it's unfair to say they are one character when they share no similarities and are only bound by a stupid gimmick that will probably not return.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm not too familiar with the plot of Mother 3, but I know the gist of it. And Lucas has amazing character development, both in that game and Brawl, in fact.

And in Brawl? Maybe he could have a better aerial game or being less susceptible to chain-grabs, but hes really fun to play as. He's powerful and effective for me.
Sadly, the characters of Mother never make it past higher-low tier...that's pretty sad. I wish they actually tried improving the characters, they tried a little too hard to make Lucas and Ness different than actually making them decent characters.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Are you trying to say there's a problem with Mother having an equal amount to Metroid? This is some prejudice right here. Why would Sakurai care if one is equal to another. This is unjustifiable.
Prejudice. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It means Metroid is underrepresented. Not the other way around.
True.

I think it's unfair to say they are one character when they share no similarities and are only bound by a stupid gimmick that will probably not return.
Would you say the same for Shiek?

----

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sadly, the characters of Mother never make it past higher-low tier...that's pretty sad. I wish they actually tried improving the characters, they tried a little too hard to make Lucas and Ness different than actually making them decent characters.
Yeah, they kinda suck competitively. I hope next game they'll be higher on the tier list.

Wait, conversation! Out of the 13 veterans we have right now, who do you think will go higher or lower on the next game's tier list than their placing in Brawl?

I think Bowser and Pit will do slightly better. And I really hope Peach and Toon Link get even better.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah, they kinda suck competitively. I hope next game they'll be higher on the tier list.

Wait, conversation! Out of the 13 veterans we have right now, who do you think will go higher or lower on the next game's tier list than their placing in Brawl?

I think Bowser and Pit will do slightly better. And I really hope Peach and Toon Link get even better.
Of all the characters...let Normal Link get the chance to get better. As for lower...I don't know, possibly Pikachu, but it depends on the changes made to him.

Edit: As for more improvements, hopefully the changes made to Luigi will also be for the much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom