• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So guys if you need to choose who will it be between these characters:
Starfy
Isaac
Shulk
Chrom
For a spot in a roster?
.n_n.

Reznor

work in progress
Do competitive players even use the Smash Ball? I thought it was always items off?
all Items are always turned off
This thread is gonna get locked if we don't stop this "Starte Pokemon" conversation soon.
ill make it on topic

if we got another region Pokemon Trainer what gen would you want
2nd gen = best gen and would make the best Pokemon Trainer

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright guys!

Ridley is a stage hazard!

A. True
B. False
C. Don't know

GO!!!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Starfy
Isaac
Shulk
Chrom
For a spot in a roster?
.n_n.
I'd take Shulk for representing Nintendo's latest acquired company, a hugely successful game (which may soon be a franchise), and possibly one of the best RPGs of its time. That, and we need a British character in Smash Bros.

Alright guys!

Ridley is a stage hazard!

A. True
B. False
C. Don't know

GO!!!
B.

So many things point towards B, especially elongated amounts of time displaying said stage hazard, the already vague description that made people think he was a stage hazard, the foundation of the stage, it doesn't point to Ridley being a stage hazard. If anything, the rising lava will be a stage hazard like the other main Metroid stages.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I actually don't ever really buy merchandise. However, my sister attempted to commit suicide. She was stuck in the hospital and I felt really bad. I wanted to give her a gift when she was discharged. She really loves Pokemon and stuffed animals. Her favorite had always been Blastoise. So I got her a few plush toys. A cheap Umbreon and Dragonite to start. I also got her this Blastoise. It was almost 40 dollars! Haha. She loves him.

Sorry to hear that and hope all your family is better after that situation. I know is very difficult to manage it. Still that Blastoise is freaking awesome I would love to have something like that, yeah I like stuffed things anyone has a complaint... no one... fine, I did think so.
.n_n.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
So what!? Young Link & Dr. Mario are the exact same character. I'm so tired of people comparing her to Sheik & Trainer when it's an entirely different ****ing concept.

• You can't change at will
  • Smash Ball being on forces you to become her and you can't turn it off in Classic Mode
  • Switching between the two is not competitive because you have to chase a floating ball everywhere (which must be on in the first place)
  • If you can't change at will and she's selectable from the portrait, why not just go all the ****ing way?
Sakurai has fixed so many things from Brawl such as moves, tripping, physics. Why wouldn't he change this!? It's completely pointless.
Dude...all you need to do to pick ZSS in the begining is hold L and R triggers. This conversation is pointless because it really doesn't matter if she has her own slot.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I see, that's what I thought.

If that's the case the arguement about whether having Samus being forced to transform via final smash is competitive or not is null.

No Smash Balls = No Competitive problem with forced transformations.

Is it a problem for casual games? Possibly. But those are for fun usually, so who really cares?

Now for the next transformation/Pokemon question to try and keep on topic:
Should the Pokemon be forced to switch upon KO? Since Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard play so differently, chances are there is one of them you're less capable with. Being force to transform twice to get back to the character you're good is kind of annoying IMO.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

ill make it on topic

if we got another region Pokemon Trainer what gen would you want
2nd gen = best gen and would make the best Pokemon Trainer
I agree that the 2nd Gen games were great, but the remakes just blew them clean out of the water. It literally fixed everything that was wrong with Gold/Silver/Crystal.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Starfy
Isaac
Shulk
Chrom
For a spot in a roster?
.n_n.
Isaac.
Followed by Shulk.
Then Starfy.
Chrom last. I'd rather have Robin if we're having an Awakening rep. Make Robin female and there you go; a non sword, non lord with white hair and an additional girl rep.

(Plus Robin always came off as more the main character than Chrom to me anyway)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yes it does, because even if you are ZSS, you can't independently change like Zelda and Sheik or PKMN Trainer.
Why does that matter when most people prefer to play as ZSS than actual Samus? Besides, they're still the same character in the end and displaying her as "The Second Metroid character" is pretty pitiful.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why does that matter when most people prefer to play as ZSS than actual Samus? Besides, they're still the same character in the end and displaying her as "The Second Metroid character" is pretty pitiful.
The people that prefer ZSS have to swap to a low tier character once a smash ball is obtained. That is the problem.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The people that prefer ZSS have to swap to a low tier character once a smash ball is obtained. That is the problem.
Then don't go for the Smash Ball, or just grab it but never use the Standard B. The Down Smash ZSS has is much better at holding people in place for more attacks than that of her standard B. That, and the competitive Smash players don't play with Smash Balls. If they did, Sonic would be going up the tier list pretty damn quickly.

Edit: Not to mention Up, Down, Up on the directional pad will enable you to transform back right away.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'd take Shulk for representing Nintendo's latest acquired company, a hugely successful game (which may soon be a franchise), and possibly one of the best RPGs of its time. That, and we need a British character in Smash Bros.
Isaac.
Followed by Shulk.
Then Starfy.
Chrom last. I'd rather have Robin if we're having an Awakening rep. Make Robin female and there you go; a non sword, non lord with white hair and an additional girl rep.

(Plus Robin always came off as more the main character than Chrom to me anyway)
Shulk by a landslide.
Chrom. I never played Xenoblade
So is pretty much divided between all. Mmm... I don´t know who to add to my roster for that spot.
.n_n.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Spirit Tracks Link ≠ WW Link
At least we saw conductor Link. It's been over a month(I think?) since Pyrosphere was revealed, and we've gotten screenshot after screenshot of the stage with Ridley nowhere to be seen. I don't think that if Ridley were a stage hazard, Sakurai would be so concerned with keeping him hidden.

Plus the only statement we have in support of Ridley being a stage hazard is a somewhat vaguely worded statement that is probably referring to him, that doesn't confirm him as a stage hazard at all. As fat as I can tell, this could end up just being another "up until now" moment.
Starfy
Isaac
Shulk
Chrom
For a spot in a roster?
.n_n.
Starsaashulkrom.

:troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
At least we saw conductor Link. It's been over a month(I think?) since Pyrosphere was revealed, and we've gotten screenshot after screenshot of the stage with Ridley nowhere to be seen. I don't think that if Ridley were a stage hazard, Sakurai would be so concerned with keeping him hidden.
He could very well be hinting the awesomeness of said stage hazard

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
OK guys I'm back and I'm about to lay it on you guys... MY NEW ROSTER =D
Empty Roster.png

I was considering cutting Jigglypuff in favor of Jigglypuff but I just decided Jigglypuff was more relevant​
I was thinking about cutting Mr. Game and Watch but he does have that whole MUH RECENCY thing going for him​
I was going to add Ridley but he would've made my roster implode​
This is a completely serious roster ANY CRITICISMS?​

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
View attachment 2782
I was considering cutting Jigglypuff in favor of Jigglypuff but I just decided Jigglypuff was more relevant​
I was thinking about cutting Mr. Game and Watch but he does have that whole MUH RECENCY thing going for him​
Anna <3
Needs more of Anna's sisters. :troll:

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 2782
No Chibi-Robo?

A- is all I can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom