• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hey guy's! Here's my boring minimalist roster! It's my first so critique it =D
My Boring Roster.png

Small sidenotes:
Chandelure before you ask, you can just imagine Waddle Dee as the 45th slot, whatever man.​
Yes I picked Robin. Had to make my roster feel unique in some way so shut up.​
You can exchange K. Rool for Dixie if you want or add Dixie as le 45th character, just whatever man.​
Hmm... Anything else... OK this roster isn't meant to be taken completely seriously but still rate it as such =P​

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You're really hell bent on making sure ZS Samus doesn't get equal rights.
Also, no this is not the competitive smash site where we talk about the competitiveness of smash.
Uhh, I'm pretty sure this is SmashBoards where we talk about the competitiveness of smash. :p

Also this is the best Pink Pokemon.

Morbi

Scavenger
you have to switch against your will way more often with Pokemon Trainer though (when you die or when they get tired) and learn 3 characters
if Zero Suit gets her own spot on the character selection screen then why shouldn't Pokemon Trainer

i'm just against making 1 character into 2 instead of adding a new one
if people were saying Pokemon Trainer or Zelda should split I would also argue with them

I love this pic so much :love:
Yes, but going into learning Zelda or Sheik you are not forced to learn both. Going into Pokemon Trainer you are expected to learn all 3. If you don't want to learn 3 characters don't play Pokemon Trainer. The fatigue mechanic might need some work, but it isn't as detrimental as the Smash Ball mechanic. If you just want to main Samus like you did in Smash 64 or Melee, you HAVE to learn Zero-Suit Samus (if you ever intend to play with Smash Balls on). This is an inherent flaw. If you want to learn Zero-Suit Samus because she is a decent character, the second you use a Smash Ball, you drop to a bottom tier character.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've had Brawl since launch and I only played ZSS once I think when I got a smashball as Samus. Once.

Then I tried out Project M and I think I've played her quite a few times already. Its really great when she has her own slot. She is such a unique character that shouldn't be hidden from the average smash player who wants to play as her.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
View attachment 2776
Small sidenotes:
Chandelure before you ask, you can just imagine Waddle Dee as the 45th slot, whatever man.​
You can exchange K. Rool for Dixie if you want or add Dixie as le 45th character, just whatever man.​
Hmm... Anything else... OK this roster isn't meant to be taken completely seriously but still rate it as such =P​

WHERE IS WADDL...oh wait... XD

Morbi

Scavenger
View attachment 2776
Small sidenotes:
I have to ask... where is Bandana Dee?

I have to ask... why Robin over Roy or Chrom?

I also have to ask... why K. Rool over Dixie?

Just kidding. My only criticism is Toon Link. The Spirit Tracks stage de-confirms him. So take him off.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You know, I've had Brawl since launch and I only played ZSS once I think when I got a smashball as Samus. Once.

Then I tried out Project M and I think I've played her quite a few times already. Its really great when she has her own slot. She is such a unique character that shouldn't be hidden from the average smash player who wants to play as her.
They should allow you to select her from normal Samus's slot, like with Zelda and Shiek.

It should be easier than having to rapidly press buttons or something.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Just kidding. My only criticism is Toon Link. The Spirit Tracks stage de-confirms him. So take him off.
Hmm. I swear I saw someone make a similar post to this...

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

If you actually wanted to know
I support Dee but there isn't enough space on my boring minimalist roster
Because **** Roy and **** Chrom. But SERIOUSLY any Roy supporter that constantly bashes Chrom just know this, Roy is by no means a huge improvement. If you think Red hair and OMG FIRE is the innovation the FE roster needs then go **** yourself. But seriously Robin is an underrated idea, he has a lot more to offer then Roy and Chrom moveset wise, he is a pretty large part of FE:A's story along with the fact that he can **** EVERYONE, and ummm... **** Roy and **** Chrom =P
**** Dixie
Yeah I agree, I'll take him off sorry about that.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
View attachment 2776
Small sidenotes:
no omastar 0/10

Reznor

work in progress
Yes, but going into learning Zelda or Sheik you are not forced to learn both. Going into Pokemon Trainer you are expected to learn all 3. If you don't want to learn 3 characters don't play Pokemon Trainer. The fatigue mechanic might need some work, but it isn't as detrimental as the Smash Ball mechanic. If you just want to main Samus like you did in Smash 64 or Melee, you HAVE to learn Zero-Suit Samus (if you ever intend to play with Smash Balls on). This is an inherent flaw. If you want to learn Zero-Suit Samus because she is a decent character, the second you use a Smash Ball, you drop to a bottom tier character.
well if you wanna learn Samus non competitively you are expected to learn Zero Suit

Morbi

Scavenger
well if you wanna learn Samus non competitively you are expected to learn Zero Suit also like with Pokemon Trainer
That is the problem. You shouldn't be. Samus was alone in Smash 64 and Melee. Asking all of her mains to randomly learn a second character shouldn't be expected.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
you have to switch against your will way more often with Pokemon Trainer though (when you die or when they get tired) and learn 3 characters
if Zero Suit gets her own spot on the character selection screen then why shouldn't Pokemon Trainer

i'm just against making 1 character into 2 instead of adding a new one
if people were saying Pokemon Trainer or Zelda should split I would also argue with them

I love this pic so much :love:
For the last time, ZS Samus is not at all the same thing as Pokemon Trainer and Sheik. It's okay to be able to switch between characters AT WILL it's great! But, Zero Suit Samus CAN'T do that, so due to the alternative (being a Final Smash) being a major problem, Sakurai will very likely iron this out.

NOW LISTEN VERY CLOSELY!!!!

ZS Samus having a slot is just like "Random" Having a slot. There are 39 Characters in Brawl, if you said "Replace Random with Mewtwo" It wouln't make any sense because that would be adding one more character than what is originally in the game. ZS Samus takes a spot on the visual menu, she doesn't take the spot of an actual character.

So basically there are 52 characters total in my roster. If I make ZS Samus part of Samus that would make 53. That's why I have her and not Ridley because even 52 is reaching the limit of total playable characters. I don't predict 53 in total so there is no room for Ridley even if ZS Samus wasn't selectable from the main menu.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 2776
Small sidenotes:
I would be fine with this roster. I'd miss Snake and but could live without him. And Robin, eh, I don't know enough about Fire Emblem to care if he in particular is in or not. (I only really care about Marth and Ike returning, which they both did in this roster)

EDIT: I missed Lucas on there. Sometimes I'm blind lol.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 2776
Small sidenotes:
Drop Robin for Chrom or Roy

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I would be fine with this roster. I'd miss Snake and but could live without him. And Robin, eh, I don't know enough about Fire Emblem to care if he in particular is in or not. (I only really care about Marth and Ike returning, which they both did in this roster)

EDIT: I missed Lucas on there. Sometimes I'm blind lol.
Dude I kept Lucas =P

Morbi

Scavenger
Already edited.

Like I said, I've missed things on rosters in the past.

Note to self: Stop being blind.
Sometimes I think people don't put Jigglypuff on their roster. It is really funny. I don't notice it, because they put Pikachu in Jigglypuffs spot.

Note to self: Most Smashboards members put Pikachu in front of Jigglypuff because they are crazy.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Side Note: I kind of want to make a couple of my own icons so does anybody have a blank template for the icons they use? =P

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh well, I'm bored and willing to make one since the thread isn't doing anything noteworthy right now. also, Dedede isn't an omastar...he's an empoleon. :p
Empoleon owns.

Piplup was my starter choice in Pokemon Pearl.

Not sure what Dedede is, but the only thing as epic as a hammer wielding Penguin is a water spewing Penguin with metal flippers.

Reznor

work in progress
That is the problem. You shouldn't be. Samus was alone in Smash 64 and Melee. Asking all of her mains to randomly learn a second character shouldn't be expected.
characters change man we just gotta adapt (again if you play with no items there is literally no problem)

For the last time, ZS Samus is not at all the same thing as Pokemon Trainer and Sheik. It's okay to be able to switch between characters AT WILL it's great! But, Zero Suit Samus CAN'T do that, so due to the alternative (being a Final Smash) being a major problem, Sakurai will very likely iron this out.

NOW LISTEN VERY CLOSELY!!!!

ZS Samus having a slot is just like "Random" Having a slot. There are 39 Characters in Brawl, if you said "Replace Random with Mewtwo" It wouln't make any sense because that would be adding one more character than what is originally in the game. ZS Samus takes a spot on the visual menu, she doesn't take the spot of an actual character.

So basically there are 52 characters total in my roster. If I make ZS Samus part of Samus that would make 53. That's why I have her and not Ridley because even 52 is reaching the limit of total playable characters. I don't predict 53 in total so there is no room for Ridley even if ZS Samus wasn't selectable from the main menu.
Pokemon Trainer is Forced to change when a pokemon gets tired and it leaves him open to attacks even when there are no smash balls (well in competitive play hes forced you can use a tired pokemon but its not a good idea)

how does putting Zero Suit and Samus together add another character
if the roster is 52 and you combine Zero Suit with Samus then its a 51 character roster (or still 52 depending on how you look at things)

P.S i'm not saying you should add Ridley i'm just saying Zero Suit shouldn't get her own spot on the selection screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom