• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
just make Zero Suit and Samus the same character man like Zelda/Sheik
Doesn't matter, because if I add Ridley it's still gonna be 49 Characters. You are given the option to pick her from the screen. Maybe you should take advantage of this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Anybody who hopes for a Star Fox newcomer is seriously ****ting themselves. Star Fox will ****ing die and he'll never save Sakurai for ****!

Reznor

work in progress
Doesn't matter, because if I add Ridley it's still gonna be 49 Characters. You are given the option to pick her from the screen. Maybe you should take advantage of this.
or you can select samus hold a button and get her
giving Zero Suit her own spot on the selection screen just seems silly

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
or you can select samus hold a button and get her
giving Zero Suit her own spot on the selection screen just seems silly
Not as silly as having to know a secret to start out with her, being forced to play as her when you get a smash ball, and not being able to switch back to the character YOU CHOSE unless you successfully destroy a moving ball which also you can't turn off in Classic Mode.

Yeah, just being able to ****ing pick her and stay her is REALLY silly :rolleyes:

Morbi

Scavenger
Not as silly as having to know a secret to start out with her, being forced to play as her when you get a smash ball, and not being able to switch back to the character YOU CHOSE unless you successfully destroy a moving ball which also you can't turn off in Classic Mode.

Yeah, just being able to ****ing pick her and stay her is REALLY silly :rolleyes:
I actually agree. That gimmick is ridiculous. I can't even remember the secret to play as her right now. Not to mention being forced to play as a character is never a good mechanic. So Zero-Suit Samus should most definitely be in her own slot. Not to mention the two play NOTHING like each-other. I would feel differently if you could switch back and forth at will, like Sheik.

Reznor

work in progress

its not really a secret and Zelda was like that in melee also (which they changed in brawl so they can do it in smash4 with Samus)
I don't know of any tounrnies that play with smash balls on so I don't see how the smash ball thing is a problem

Morbi

Scavenger
its not really a secret and Zelda was like that in melee also (which they changed in brawl so they can do it in smash4 with Samus)
I don't know of any tounrnies that play with smash balls on so I don't see how the smash ball thing is a problem
In Melee you could switch from Zelda to Sheik during the match. That is actually one of the reasons I didn't put a lot of time into ZSS or Samus. One time I tried to main Samus, couldn't touch Smash Balls. Same thing with ZSS. Not to mention Sakurai totally copped out on ZSSs Final Smash. She puts her clothes back on. Haha. Competitive players aren't the only players. I play casually and I can't stand that mechanic.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
  • It is a secret if I don't know it, which I don't because I forgot.
  • They are still entirely different and Smash Balls are automatic in Classic Mode, so yeah if you're going to make her available on the color change icon just go all the ****ing way and make her a slot since she's not someone you can change at will. It's simple obvious logic.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think it is about time that I post my perfect dream roster. If I was Sakurai, or he asked me to decide the roster, this would be it.

This is not prediction roster! haha 55 characters :)

View attachment 2774

Feedback as if this came out as the real roster for Smash Bros 4!
Theres.... so...many of them.......

It's quite crazy, but it's still a good one.

D

Deleted member

You know, I stopped caring about prediction rosters awhile ago.

Funny how I started speculation commenting primarily on rosters. Now I stopped caring what others think of a character's chances, especially with Mega Man in.

Reznor

work in progress
It is a secret if I don't know it, which I don't because I forgot.
so in a way its a secret that people with internet know

• It is a secret if I don't know it, which I don't because I forgot.
  • They are still entirely different and Smash Balls are automatic in Classic Mode, so yeah if you're going to make her available on the color change icon just go all the ****ing way and make her a slot since she's not someone you can change at will. It's simple obvious logic.
In Melee you could switch from Zelda to Sheik during the match. That is actually one of the reasons I didn't put a lot of time into ZSS or Samus. One time I tried to main Samus, couldn't touch Smash Balls. Same thing with ZSS. Not to mention Sakurai totally copped out on ZSSs Final Smash. She puts her clothes back on. Haha. Competitive players aren't the only players. I play casually and I can't stand that mechanic.
I thought this site was a competitive smash site so we would focus on the competitive side of things

ok forced to switch when u get a smash ball sucks but every character has to deal with dumb stuff in 1 way or another
Pokemon Trainer players are forced to switch pokemon way more often that Samus and they aren't asking for Squirtle,Ivysuar and Charizard to have their own spot on the selection screen

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

I thought this site was a competitive smash site so we would focus on the competitive side of things

ok forced to switch when u get a smash ball sucks but every character has to deal with dumb stuff in 1 way or another
Pokemon Trainer players are forced to switch pokemon way more often that Samus and they aren't asking for Squirtle,Ivysuar and Charizard to have their own spot on the selection screen
No character has to put up with anything as dumb as being forced to play as someone and that is NOT competitive. Pokemon Trainer & Sheik actually work and being able to switch at will is part of their characters and actually is competitive. Any character that switches against your will is not competitive and is total bull crap. So don't even try to compare her to Pokemon Trainer & Sheik.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know, I stopped caring about prediction rosters awhile ago.

Funny how I started speculation commenting primarily on rosters. Now I stopped caring what others think of a character's chances, especially with Mega Man in.
Once Jigglypuff is revealed, probably October, I will stop caring what others think as well. In the beginning, I liked to defend Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, and Wolf from peoples cut lists. It just isn't as fun recycling the same arguments. I remember I got in a really long debate with somebody over Toon Link. I told him Toon Link was actually Wind Waker Link (Brawls Pirate Ship and Side Taunt) but he didn't believe. Now that this HD Wind Waker remake and redesign are around it was like I never said anything. If I say, "I knew Toon Link was going to make it, that Spirit Tracks Link debacle was so BS" nobody would believe me. So I am just going to stick to my guns and support Jigglypuff.
:jigglypuff64: :jigglypuffmelee: :jigglypuff: :039:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

... Except you can switch them independently.

Reznor

work in progress
No character has to put up with anything as dumb as being forced to play as someone and that is NOT competitive. Pokemon Trainer & Sheik actually work and being able to switch at will is part of their characters and actually is competitive. Any character that switches against your will is not competitive and is total bull crap. So don't even try to compare her to Pokemon Trainer & Sheik.
if smash balls are on you aren't playing competitively so why does playing a competitive character matter

... Except you can switch them independently.
which can give the opponent time to charge a smash when you are changing it is a disadvantage

Morbi

Scavenger

Just because the character is balanced for competitive play doesn't mean that there are not inherent flaws in the premise and execution of the character. You have to learn two characters, and switch characters against your will. That not only makes her unappealing, it makes her unbalanced. I mean it isn't game breaking, but it is a problem that I expect will be corrected in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Now we're debating which fluffy pink Pokémon is the best?

Isn't it obvious? It's not Jigglypuff.
It's Wigglytuff. Specifically Guildmaster Wigglytuff.
Get your facts straight, people!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
if smash balls are on you aren't playing competitively so why does playing a competitive character matter
You're really hell bent on making sure ZS Samus doesn't get equal rights.

EDIT: Also, no this is not the competitive smash site where we talk about the competitiveness of smash.

Just because the character is balanced for competitive play doesn't mean that there are not inherent flaws in the premise and execution of the character. You have to learn two characters, and switch characters against your will. That not only makes her unappealing, it makes her unbalanced. I mean it isn't game breaking, but it is a problem that I expect will be corrected in Smash 4.
Thank you, you are awesome.

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't realize your profile picture was Bandana Dee with Ridley's decapitated head. The philosophical principles involved in this piece. The morals and lessons to be learned. This is an amazing work of art. The concepts illustrated entail a keen eye to discern all of the norms and values questioned by culture! The artistic nature of this artwork is sure to be questioned. However, it is clear as an art enthusiast that this is a remarkable piece.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I didn't realize your profile picture was Bandana Dee with Ridley's decapitated head. The philosophical principles involved in this piece. The morals and lessons to be learned. This is an amazing work of art. The concepts illustrated entail a keen eye to discern all of the norms and values questioned by culture! The artistic nature of this artwork is sure to be questioned. However, it is clear as an art enthusiast that this is a remarkable piece.
And that is gonna be my head.

Reznor

work in progress
you have to switch against your will way more often with Pokemon Trainer though (when you die or when they get tired) and learn 3 characters
if Zero Suit gets her own spot on the character selection screen then why shouldn't Pokemon Trainer

You're really hell bent on making sure ZS Samus doesn't get equal rights.
i'm just against making 1 character into 2 instead of adding a new one
if people were saying Pokemon Trainer or Zelda should split I would also argue with them

I love this pic so much :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom