• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lucario & Mewtwo were planned to be in Brawl together. These 5 are the only choices to be honest. I mean there aren't any other Pokemon to overshadow them.

• Ridley is a 50/50 character like every smash game
  • Why can't we get both Takamaru & Sheriff? We got both Pit & ROB and both Ice Climbers & Mr. Game & Watch.
  • Sakurai doesn't refrain from adding characters because you don't want them. (ROB, Toon Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager.)
Not only that... but I am pretty sure he said something about adding more retro characters. So two retro characters (just like the established precedent) is not illogical.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wow,this is roster is great,you have the guts to don't include Ridley and K.rool ,I respect that , 8/10.
Bad things:Sheriff.
My personal wishes:Add Bandana Dee instead of that Zero Suit Samus slot ,cut Snake and add Bomberman instead,that will be a 10/10 for me XD.
I'm a huge supporter of the likeliness of Bomberman actually, all of my cut rosters have him in it. And Zero Suit Samus isn't her own slot, there are 48 Characters on this roster with 50 slots, the 2 slots are Random & Zero Suit Samus.

Guess I can get those 2 points back right? :p

Eh, well I'd be fine with it. It's pretty good, my only problems are the inclusion of the Mii and the lack of Ridley. I'd be fine with it regardless. Also, ZSS should NOT have her own slot.
It's a 48 character roster with 50 slots. The other 2 slots are ZS Samus & Random.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
  • Sakurai doesn't refrain from adding characters because you don't want them. (ROB, Toon Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager.)
Toon Link and Villager aren't/weren't wanted?

Well, they certainly aren't among the most requested or popular, but I wouldn't compare them to R.O.B. or Wii Fit Trainer in regards to want and/or popularity.

D

Deleted member

Most people really don't give a **** about Miis one way or the other.
It's just that the people that treat them as an unspeakable evil are most vocal about it.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Not only that... but I am pretty sure he said something about adding more retro characters. So two retro characters (just like the established precedent) is not illogical.

My #1 most wanted newcomer got in and killed the chances of my #2 most wanted newcomer.

What. Are. The. Odds. Of. That. R.I.P Balloon Fighter's chances.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
TOON LINK WAS HIGHLY REQUESTED MEANING THATS A STUPIDN ARGUMENT YOU DONT DESRVE TO BE A HUMAN BEING!!

Morbi

Scavenger
I've wanted Villager for years. :(
I only want him because he is depicted as a maniacal psychopath. I actually didn't want him when he was first revealed. That first reveal pissed me off. At the time, Wii Fit Trainer seemed like a slap in the face. Villager was just lame, I wanted Nook if any Animal Crossing character had to be included. I am not a big Mega Man fan. So that didn't excite me.

TOON LINK?!NO ONE LIKES TOON LINK?!GET LOST!!!!

I like Toon Link. He was my replacement for Link. Dear God they made Link horrible. So Toon Link was a nice replacement. Not as nice as Jigglypuff though.
:039:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Listen up!

1.I SAID, SAKURAI DOESN'T REFRAIN FROM CHARACTERS BECAUSE PEOPLE PROTEST THEM. PEOPLE HAVE PROTESTED THESE CHARACTERS (meaning they don't want them). MY POINT IS THAT SAKURAI DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE

2. ALL OF YOU PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT ZS SAMUS TAKING A SLOT: SHE DOESN'T TAKE UP A SLOT, THERE ARE 48 OUT OF 50 RESERVED SLOTS, MEANING 2 OF THE 50 ARE ZS SAMUS & RANDOM. SO SHE'S NOT TAKING THE PLACE OF RIDLEY OR ANYBODY.

Reznor

work in progress
ok first roster I've made in a month or 2

3DS Roster.png

Ridley is a 50/50 character like every smash game
  • Why can't we get both Takamaru & Sheriff? We got both Pit & ROB and both Ice Climbers & Mr. Game & Watch.
Ridley has a good chance fans have been wanting him for years

I just don't think we will get both just a hunch

didn't Sakurai say he didn't like Miis when brawl was coming out (if i'm remembering right)

Morbi

Scavenger
Listen up!

1.I SAID, SAKURAI DOESN'T REFRAIN FROM CHARACTERS BECAUSE PEOPLE PROTEST THEM. PEOPLE HAVE PROTESTED THESE CHARACTERS (meaning they don't want them). MY POINT IS THAT SAKURAI DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE

2. ALL OF YOU PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT ZS SAMUS TAKING A SLOT: SHE DOESN'T TAKE UP A SLOT, THERE ARE 48 OUT OF 50 RESERVED SLOTS, MEANING 2 OF THE 50 ARE ZS SAMUS & RANDOM. SO SHE'S NOT TAKING THE PLACE OF RIDLEY OR ANYBODY.
Ridley is SOOOOOOO big that he should take up two roster slots. It is only fair.

D

Deleted member

Actually, no one really wanted Toon Link.

They wanted a Wind Waker Link that would fight using Wind Waker weapons and tools and (somehow) would not be a clone because clones are icky and gross.
What they got was another Link. Which is what the Wind Waker Link is.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
didn't Sakurai say he didn't like Miis when brawl was coming out (if i'm remembering right)
This was before Miis appeared in any games and had just come out, thus he had no chance to adapt and he also said Villager doesn't have a feasible move set.

Actually, no one really wanted Toon Link.

They wanted a Wind Waker Link that would fight using Wind Waker weapons and tools and (somehow) would not be a clone because clones are icky and gross.
What they got was another Link.
Comment on meh roster.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I sure hope that when they finally include the Krysmaster it has a staff. :troll:
Meh krysmaster is just a want, Im just stating why instead of just going I WANT THAT CHARACTER THERFORE HE/she SHOULD BE IN. If the sf crew is decloned somewhat more i would be pleased.

Reznor

work in progress
This was before Miis appeared in any games and had just come out, thus he had no chance to adapt and he also said Villager doesn't have a feasible move set.
true he can change his mind but that doesn't mean he will change his mind

Morbi

Scavenger

View attachment 2773

Ridley has a good chance fans have been wanting him for years

I just don't think we will get both just a hunch

It was decent... until I noticed that you put Pokemon Trainer where Jigglypuff should have been. Do you not realize that Jigglypuff is the most important Pokemon... ever?

Obviously kidding. But the Alph really threw me off. :039:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Listen up!
ZSS clearly takes up a slot on your roster. Why doesn't Sheik get her own slot if ZSS has one?

----

Reznor

work in progress
It was decent... until I noticed that you put Pokemon Trainer where Jigglypuff should have been. Do you not realize that Jigglypuff is the most important Pokemon... ever?

Obviously kidding. But the Alph really threw me off. :039:
I just think Pikmin has a good chance of getting 2 characters

Clefairy > Jiggs just saying ;)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm a huge supporter of the likeliness of Bomberman actually, all of my cut rosters have him in it. And Zero Suit Samus isn't her own slot, there are 48 Characters on this roster with 50 slots, the 2 slots are Random & Zero Suit Samus.

Guess I can get those 2 points back right? :p

8,5/10
Still no Bandana Dee...
XD

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I think it is about time that I post my perfect dream roster. If I was Sakurai, or he asked me to decide the roster, this would be it.

This is not prediction roster! haha 55 characters :)

FINALROSTER.png

Feedback as if this came out as the real roster for Smash Bros 4!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
ZSS clearly takes up a slot on your roster. Why doesn't Sheik get her own slot if ZSS has one?
Sheik is meant to be interchangeable at will and shares 2 moves and a final smash with Zelda. ZS samus over gimmicks the final smash and I think Sakurai is going to fix that and make her separate rather than add Ridley.

And my point is that people tell me to replace her with Ridley, That would mean removing her from the game entirely because this is a 48 character roster.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
8,5/10
Still no Bandana Dee...
XD
Well, that's more of a preference. He's no more likely than Toad who didn't make it. I think he's staying a part of Dedede.

Whoa?! Rea...rea...really, bro? Really?

Jiggs> Chansey> Audino> Igglybuff> Ditto> All other Pink Pokemon> Clefable> ................. then Clefairy.
Igglybuff comes before Chansey & Audino

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Okay, so this is an experiment roster: Keep in mind that my where I stand on Starfy in Smash remains the same! I still think he's getting in with Little Mac and Issac, but like both those characters he's not essential. Since Sheriff is a likely candidate (though he works better as an assist trophy) and we don't always get the most expected characters, I want to see how people would react if this is the outcome of the roster.
View attachment 2772
Be perfectly fine with this roster. Might be a little on the large side, but I like all the character choices.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think it is about time that I post my perfect dream roster. If I was Sakurai, or he asked me to decide the roster, this would be it.

This is not prediction roster! haha 55 characters :)

View attachment 2774

Feedback as if this came out as the real roster for Smash Bros 4!
Replace Chibi-Robo with Bandana Dee and this would be my dream roster (only after you cut Mario for Dr. Mario that is).

More importantly, I would like to criticize your placement of Pokemon... why on Earth is Jigglypuff below Pikachu? Are you some kind of animal?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

View attachment 2773

On the slot locations Pikachu should be where Pokemon Trainer is, and Toon Link shoudn't be that close to Link either.Lucarion and Mewtwo's locations I don't really care about.

Pikmin doesn't really need another character, nor is another Pikmin character likely. Olimar is already unique, we don't need another character utilizing Pikmin. I'd replace Alph with Palutena.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I just think Pikmin has a good chance of getting 2 characters

Clefairy > Jiggs just saying ;)
Dude, I honestly don't really like Jiggs all that much outside of anime and brawl appearances but I ****ing HATE clefairy... Clefable is even worse *shivers*

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Miis confirmed to be demons in disguise.
Miis confirmed for Shin Megami Tensei reps.

Jiggs> Chansey> Audino> Igglybuff> Ditto> All other Pink Pokemon> Clefable> ................. then Clefairy.
Igglybuff comes before Chansey & Audino
Clefairy> Audino> Jiggs> Chansey> Ditto
you know this to be true
What the hell are we basing all of this this off of? Pinkness? Kirby already wins.

Reznor

work in progress

Clefairy> Audino> Jiggs> Chansey> Ditto
you know this to be true

Sheik is meant to be interchangeable at will and shares 2 moves and a final smash with Zelda. ZS samus over gimmicks the final smash and I think Sakurai is going to fix that and make her separate rather than add Ridley.

And my point is that people tell me to replace her with Ridley, That would mean removing her from the game entirely because this is a 48 character roster.
why would you change 1 character into 2 instead of adding a brand new character (Ridley)
Zelda/Shiek are the same person so is Samus/Zero Suit it makes sense to have them together

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman

I would really like to see ZSS get her own slot, despite what anyone says. They should be two different characters that are selectable. It's not a waste of a spot. The only reason it didn't happen in Brawl, I think, was because they wanted to make the select screen look pretty. How can you do that when Metroid's column has 5 and everyone has 4? Last minute change I bet.

But Zelda/Sheik shouldn't be seperated, yes.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
why would you change 1 character into 2 instead of adding a brand new character (Ridley)
Zelda/Shiek are the same person so is Samus/Zero Suit it makes sense to have them together
Because it's a 48 character roster. There's no room for Ridley. Are you suggesting I remove Zero Suit Samus from the game entirely? Also Dr. Mario & Mario are the same person and they weren't together.

Reznor

work in progress
On the slot locations Pikachu should be where Pokemon Trainer is, and Toon Link shoudn't be that close to Link either.Lucarion and Mewtwo's locations I don't really care about.

Pikmin doesn't really need another character, nor is another Pikmin character likely. Olimar is already unique, we don't need another character utilizing Pikmin. I'd replace Alph with Palutena.
the slot locations are random just who I thought of first

I'll replace Alph with Palutena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom