• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
No way I thought you hated her. :rotfl:
Also: Marker = Forward Throw
It is a common misconception. People think that just because I don't want her to return in Smash 4 that I hate her. I assure you this is not the case. No matter how resentful I am when discussing Jigglypuff... I truly don't mind her... too much. I admit, it might come off as blatant hate. However, there is an ounce of respect I have toward the pink puff ball that is the lamest Pokemon EVER!

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Roll-Out is a normal type move. I think it's the best way to represent Gen V. With Mewtwo's Megas, and Fairypuff The two biggest things added this Gen. And Zoroark was created for Smash bros. God he would be so freaking awesome. I mean, we're keeping rest, pound, and sing/chatter, why not add one fairy move?

Jiggs will be super effective to Ridley ;)
I just wanted to add here that Rollout is actually a Rock attack, and not Normal. Sorry, that just stood out and bugged me. It's Defnese Curl which boosts Rollout's power that is Normal typed.

And I'll have to agree with Bajef8 in that you're just setting yourself up for disappointment by removing characters that are already confirmed, but I won't nag you on that. I do like a good portion of your choices, however. Having Diddy and Dixie as a duo is perfect, and I feel it mkaes more sense, as well as a nod to the DKC series more. I like Ridley's addition simply because I love Ridley and I feel he deserves a place (I'm not good with reasoning why someone needs in a game :c).

Shulk and Saki are both great additions, and while I know little of either series, I have a feeling they wouldn't be a stereotypical swordsman character. Takamaru is one of my preferred characters to make it in, and I'm glad to see that you want him in as well. The same goes for Mewtwo making a comeback and Little Mac making an appearance.

Zoroark for sure would make an interesting addition to the Smash series, for sure. I also feel like Krystal would likely be the final Starfox series addition, and a suitable one at that as well. Goroh is probably falcon';s number one rival, and would be a perfect addition to the F-Zero franchise representation in Smash.

Junior could make it in, but I'm persoanlly more of a Waluigi kind of guy myself (a serious one. He's honestly my favorite Mario character), but Junior's my second choice should they not choose Waluigi. Personally, I don't see Palutena making it in. I feel like magnus would likely be a more probably candidate, as Palutena, from my knowledge, doesn't actually do any fighting, but that hasn't stopped characters like Falcon, and she'd be a female candidate so there's still chances.

As much as I love Starfy, I feel like he'd be ignored. As a rival to Sakurai's Kirby franchise, and being pretty much the cruddiest and most comical gag Assist Trophy in Brawl, it's rather clear Sakurai doesn't enjoy Starfy being around. Still, I feel like anyone who has been an Assist Trophy stands at least some chance. I personally don't know who Tharja is, so I shall say nothing in here, as it's best to not judge a character you know nothing about.

And finally: Tingle. I gotta say, no. We have other characters that I feel could fill the shoes as a newcomer better than he could. But that could just be a general dislike for Tingle in general, and as such, may be slightly biased.

Comments are in red here:
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Falco: Modified to be an embodiment of an arwing still some of the same B-Moves as Fox This makes sense. I mean, he "personally prefers the air", which makes sense as he's a friggin bird. Plus, he's a pilot. I mean, Fox is a pilot too, but Falco's a bird. He needs to be different from a fox.
Wolf: Gets more Feral, add Assault weapons, lose current B-Moves This also makes sense. I mean, his idle stance is more feral, and some moves and movements are more feral, but he still doesn't feel feral enough. Plus being a clone of a clone but not being a clone at the same time is confusing as heck. Just be your own guy, Wolf! Jeez!
Zelda / Shiek: tansformation is now a taunt, and they have Down B moves I like this too. Allows for an extra move, whatever that may be. Got nothing else to add here.
Ganondorf: Is now based on Ganondorf.. This is so true as well. I mean, you're the King of the Gerudos, not a racecar driver wannabe. Step it up, Ganondorf! Claim your throne!
Pokemon Trainer: No fatigue, shiny alts, switching is purely an option, can play as: Red, Blue, Leaf, Misty, Giovanni, and Oak. I agree with all of this except for the choice of trainer. If anything, just Red and Leaf, as they were the only playable characters from Kanto, and make the most sense to have in the background.
Jigglypuff: Now Fairy puff. Loses roll out, for Fairy wind, sing becomes chatter in the air, bumps opponents away from you. Slap can be used as double and triple, each faster in succesion, but weaker. I'd personally rather her B move be Sing, as that's what she's known for. Her Up-B could be Fairy Wind, which she uses to raise herself up to try and save her sorry keester. Your Slap idea is really good though. I quite like it.
Lucas: Based purely off Mother 3 content Having never played Mother 3, I have nothing to say here, aside from that'd make sense on a "I'm from Mother 3" standpoint, as it'd make sense to use moves from a game you starred in. Nothing else to say though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How am I setting myself up for disappointment if I recognize it's my "ideal" roster?

Overall though, I'm glad we agree on character choices, minus Tingle. But I love Tingle, so. I'd rather have Medusa than Palutena.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, question thrown to you guys:

What do you think will happen on here if Ridley is confirmed as playable? Personal reactions, whole thread reactions...?

I'd be pretty happy, to finally play as one of my favorite Nintendo villains. But it would be funny as hell to hear what some of the extreme naysayers would say.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I guess that's true. Everyone's entitled to have their own ideals. But if you expect the ideals to be a reality, that's when one becomes disappointed. But as long as you acknowledge them to simply be ideals, all the power to you!

Yeah, Medusa would be a nice addition over Palutena. Villain plus female rep of a series. Can't ask for much better, if you ask me.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Roll-Out is a normal type move. I think it's the best way to represent Gen V. With Mewtwo's Megas, and Fairypuff The two biggest things added this Gen. And Zoroark was created for Smash bros. God he would be so freaking awesome. I mean, we're keeping rest, pound, and sing/chatter, why not add one fairy move?

Jiggs will be super effective to Ridley ;)
I hate to be that guy but dude, rollout is a rock type move =P

Bajef8

Smash Ace
How am I setting myself up for disappointment if I recognize it's my "ideal" roster?

Overall though, I'm glad we agree on character choices, minus Tingle. But I love Tingle, so. I'd rather have Medusa than Palutena.
Because your ideal roster not containing characters who are confirmed automatically means the real roster =/= your ideal roster. Meaning, you're already set up in perfect position for disappointment.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'd be pretty happy, to finally play as one of my favorite Nintendo villains. But it would be funny as hell to hear what some of the extreme naysayers would say.
My guesses are :
-"I say that I didn't see him working, not that it was impossible".

-"We were joking about the Too big thing obviously, it's a meme remember, it was for fun".

-"That doesn't look like Ridley at all, I was right".

-"Enjoy your overpowered dragon".

Morbi

Scavenger
Because your ideal roster not containing characters who are confirmed automatically means the real roster =/= your ideal roster. Meaning, you're already set up in perfect position for disappointment.
I set myself up for disappointment. I thought Sakurai would finally put the Poltergust in the game. Hahahha.... *sniffle

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

nah m8. It's called acceptance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah, they'll just half-*** Ridley and make him Fire/Flying, because Dragons get to be Fire/Flying while Dinosaurs get to be Dragon-types, that's how Pokémon works.

Fire/Flying Ridley? So would that mean Ridley takes x4 damage to Isaac? That'd be pretty OP man. Also Yoshi would get wrecked by Jigglypuff.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't care what you say about Krystal. You can have your own opinions. Chrono likes to paint me in a similar light as him, but it's just really not true. You can stop drinking the Kool Aid now.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Plot twist, Ridley is a fairy/fire type :
-Did you see his healing abilities ? There's a reason if he never die.
-He turn Samus into a child in Other M, meaning he have magical powers, like the fairies.
-Fairies also have wings you know.

Morbi

Scavenger
Plot twist, Ridley is a fairy/fire type :
-Did you see his healing abilities ? There's a reason if he never die.
-He turn Samus into a child in Other M, meaning he have magical powers, like the fairies.
-Fairies also have wings you know.
Ridley is another Gyarados/Charizard. Clearly a dragon... yet he isn't. It doesn't matter though. Jigglypuff doesn't need Fairy type moves to take out Ridley. Jigglypuff will put his head on a pike!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
WE NEED MORE WORTHLESS FANSERVICE CHARACTERS ON THE ROSTER.

Fan service characters, you say? I know just the character too. Someone that the ladies can't resist. Men want to be him. Even women are jealous of him. His mere presence would change the game's rating to M. And I'm not talking about Tingle.
I'm talking about this playboy right here. :troll:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Fan service characters, you say? I know just the character too. Someone that the ladies can't resist. Men want to be him. Even women are jealous of him. His mere presence would change the game's rating to M. And I'm not talking about Tingle. I'm talking about this playboy right here.
Just my type, tall and purple.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fan service characters, you say? I know just the character too. Someone that the ladies can't resist. Men want to be him. Even women are jealous of him. His mere presence would change the game's rating to M. And I'm not talking about Tingle.
Waluigi: "I'll sure do, Mario fanboys/Waluigi haters. Annoying people is my job. I'm like that cute little puppy that barks a lot or unicorn's horns shoved up your ass or pancreatic cancer."

Morbi

Scavenger
I am dropping my panties right now!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley is another Gyarados/Charizard. Clearly a dragon... yet he isn't. It doesn't matter though. Jigglypuff doesn't need Fairy type moves to take out Ridley. Jigglypuff will put his head on a pike!
Only because of that dirty Rock-type Rollout!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nah, they'll just half-*** Ridley and make him Fire/Flying, because Dragons get to be Fire/Flying while Dinosaurs get to be Dragon-types, that's how Pokémon works.
Nah, Charizard's not a Dragon, it's a mythological salamander. :p

Besides, it works out well, he doesn't have to fear the new Fairy overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom