• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
That's a joke, right?
Anyway, I think moveset-wise, Ganondorf, and maybe Ike visual wise.
Oh, I meant that as a joke, and I meant visual-wise.

I expect the other three Zelda members (Sheik included) to be updated (I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ZELDA), as well as R.O.B. If Snake gets back in the game, he will look amazing, as will the Earthbound duo, and... pretty much everyone. But I think these characters will be updated the most (maybe FE too).

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, I meant that as a joke, and I meant visual-wise.

I expect the other three Zelda members (Sheik included) to be updated (I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ZELDA), as well as R.O.B. If Snake gets back in the game, he will look amazing, as will the Earthbound duo, and... pretty much everyone. But I think these characters will be updated the most (maybe FE too).
If Snake gets in the game... it better be Punished Snake (Big Boss).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I hope Zelda gets her Skyward Sword design. It was by far my favorite. I wouldn't mind if they gave Wolf his Star Fox 64 design. His new one is... too... Saiyan?
I can't wait for Zelda as well. But I expect her to be an HD model of her TP appearance. I liked her design in SS, but it was a bit childish and innocent. Zelda is graceful, poised, elegant, yet matured and powerful. Like a younger Meryl Streep.

She might have the blonde hair though, although I hope she stays a brunette. We already have two blonde girls in Brawl.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I wouldn't mind a TP styled Zelda with SS Colors like with Link.

I really like the look of SS Zelda but I really don't like her hair.

Morbi

Scavenger
I can't wait for Zelda as well. But I expect her to be an HD model of her TP appearance. I liked her design in SS, but it was a bit childish and innocent. Jigglypuff is graceful, poised, elegant, yet matured and powerful. Like a younger Meryl Streep.

She might have the blonde hair though, although I hope she stays a brunette. We already have two blonde girls in Brawl.
I agree. I could not have described Jigglypuff better!

I see where you are coming from. I actually also happen to think that you are right. I just wish that she had her SS design. One of those small requests. My only desires for Smash are Jigglypuff and SS designed Zelda. Haha.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I hope it's still Twilight Princess Zelda.
That Zelda looks the best in Smash, I can't really imagine SS Zelda fitting in too well as a fighter.
But hey, you never know.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Snake shouldn't be in Smash because he is dead. Bowser and Ganon doesn't count because they are immortal.

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope it's still Twilight Princess Zelda.
That Zelda looks the best in Smash, I can't really imagine SS Zelda fitting in too well as a fighter.
But hey, you never know.
I can imagine it all too well. I will be slightly devastated if it is just a generic rehash of TP Zelda.

I personally found SS Zelda to be absolutely adorable and, in my honest opinion, the best design of Zelda to date.
This. :jigglypuffmelee:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ok. Another thought I just had.

If DLC is implemented, I really don't think there should be any reason to fear cuts. Maybe a few characters won't make the initial roster, but if there is DLC, I would bet we'll see them, especially because Sakurai doesn't like cuts in the first place.

While I don't want Ike or Lucario cut, there is a possibility that they won't make it back. But again, if there is DLC, this won't even matter. Surely, even if there are 3-5 cuts, we'll see them come back anyway. Especially if they are easy characters to program like Wolf or Jigglypuff (I don't expect Jigglypuff to be cut however).

Newcomers that weren't finished might be able to make it also. But that will depend on what Sakurai has in mind.
I've been trying to tell people about that, whenever I make a roster with cut DLC.. Perhaps Mewtwo can be DLC. But that's just me.

D

Deleted member

Obedient Demon would have such a great moveset and would be such a great playable character.

I mean, think about it.

He's a great grappler, he's got some crazy slams, and he can even do a divebomb!!!!
This is dumb
You're dumb
Your character is dumb

but he's still better than Chrom, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've been trying to tell people about that, whenever I make a roster with cut DLC.. Perhaps Mewtwo can be DLC. But that's just me.
MEWTWO AS DLC?! No offense, but what the heck is wrong with you? I am a HUGE fan of Jigglypuff, but even I admit that she might be a good DLC character. I would laugh for days if Sakurai made Mewtwo DLC. That would be such a horrible decision.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
MEWTWO AS DLC?! No offense, but what the heck is wrong with you? I am a HUGE fan of Jigglypuff, but even I admit that she might be a good DLC character. I would laugh for days if Sakurai made Mewtwo DLC. That would be such a horrible decision.
STOP WITH THE JIGGLYPUFF POSTS.
I'm sorry, but every post is "Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff, :039: ".
You're just like Bluepikmin and his Dr. Kawashima and Nintendog propaganda.

Morbi

Scavenger
STOP WITH THE JIGGLYPUFF POSTS.
I'm sorry, but every post is "Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff, ".
You're just like Bluepikmin and his Dr. Kawashima and Nintendog propaganda.
That is the point. I will not stop until people associate Jigglypuff with MorbidAltruism. While they are unlocking Jigglypuff, they must envision battling me! MUHAHAHAHAH!
:jigglypuff64: :jigglypuffmelee: :jigglypuff: :039:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai said that no DLC was planned the last time someone asked him.
Any idea how long ago that was? I definitely recall reading that he had more recently said they may consider DLC or a patch system if they can get that implemented for SSB4. They wanted to do something like that in Brawl, but couldn't due to how the Wii's functionality works.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is dumb
You're dumb
Your character is dumb

but he's still better than Chrom, HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Chrom has nothing original about him, other than that giant booty booty booty booty rocking like a whale.

He's totally unique and original and important and valuable to the franchise and that's a fact and you can't refute it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrom has nothing original about him, other than that giant booty booty booty booty rocking like a whale.

He's totally unique and original and important and valuable to the franchise and that's a fact and you can't refute it.
CHROM TIER LIST

God tier
Chrom's Ass, Crumb, Corn

Great Tier
Google Chrom, Horn, Groin

Okay Tier
Matthew Mercer, Cone

**** Tier
Chore, Rom, Scrotum, Chrom

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why does Rosalina get her own series symbol?
Isn't she part of the main Mario series?

----
The reasoning for the Grand Star symbol is to represent the two Super Mario Galaxy titles, which are also the only mainstream titles that Rosalina appears in. It might be a silly reason for separating Rosalina from the Mario characters that use the Mushroom symbol, but it would at least give Rosalina a unique victory theme of her own. On the other hand though, Meta Knight got his own victory theme, despite using the same Warp Star logo as Kirby and Dedede.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The reasoning for the Grand Star symbol is to represent the two Super Mario Galaxy titles, which are also the only mainstream titles that Rosalina appears in. It might be a silly reason for separating Rosalina from the Mario characters that use the Mushroom symbol, but it would at least give Rosalina a unique victory theme of her own. On the other hand though, Meta Knight got his own victory theme, despite using the same Warp Star logo as Kirby and Dedede.
Just out of curiosity, but why did you decide to have Rosalina in your roster?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
CHROM TIER LIST

God tier
Chrom's ***, Crumb, Corn

Great Tier
Google Chrom, Horn, Groin

Okay Tier
Matthew Mercer, Cone

**** Tier
Chore, Rom, Scrotum, Chrom
I'm not a huge fan of Chrom either but I'm personally kind of annoyed when those same people that diss him think Roy would actually add something significantly different >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom