• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
And the fire sword.

----
Yep, that adds A LOT, ooh you can have like swinging swords and stuff... BUT WITH FIRE! It's a lame excuse and you know it :p
No, there being more people that like Roy then Chrom.

Personally I don't really care either way.
Hmmm... Are you underestimating Chrom fangirls? But then again I'm sure Roy has more of a fanbase among those that actually play smash... Meh whatever I'll keep pushing Robin even though it probably won't happen =D

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Roy having a fire sword and having different attributes made him cater to different players. I know my brother loved Roy, and I loved Marth more.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll admit that a large reason for me liking Chrom so much is because Awakening is my first Fire Emblem game. I just like Chrom.

My guess is that regardless of who gets in, either Roy or Chrom, they will probably end up with moderately unique moveset. It wouldn't be entirely unique, but it would be different enough from the other two.

The way I see it, if development on a FE6 remake is in progress, then I could see Roy getting in. However, if that is not the case, I think we're going to get Chrom.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Roy having a fire sword and having different attributes made him cater to different players. I know my brother loved Roy, and I loved Marth more.
Oh my god a clone with a different playstyle? WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO? I feel like I can mindlessly bash Roy all day =P

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just out of curiosity, but why did you decide to have Rosalina in your roster?
It's generally a way to represent Super Mario Galaxy, besides stage inputs. I know that Rosalina's inclusion may not happen, but Daisy and Waluigi wouldn't do any better, as the former only appeared in one mainstream title, while the latter has no mainstream involvement whatsoever.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
OOOOOOOOOOOOO FIRE EMBLEM DISCUSSION!!!!!

I'm still in full support of the Tactician. While it may not be as popular as Chrom or Roy, it would definitely add more variety to the FE roster being a magic/sword wielder. I would also say it's more important than Chrom in Awakening (of coarse, it's debated), and more important to the series overall having appeared in multiple games, which is why I really would be dissapointed to see Chrom or even Roy instead.

Likelihood....not very, I'll admit, but I think a lot of people, myself included, would rather see someone that doesn't use just a sword and isn't just a one-off as the next rep.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
OOOOOOOOOOOOO FIRE EMBLEM DISCUSSION!!!!!

I'm still in full support of the Tactician. While it may not be as popular as Chrom or Roy, it would definitely add more variety to the FE roster being a magic/sword wielder. I would also say it's more important than Chrom in Awakening (of coarse, it's debated), and more important to the series overall having appeared in multiple games, which is why I really would be dissapointed to see Chrom or even Roy instead.

Likelihood....not very, I'll admit, but I think a lot of people, myself included, would rather see someone that doesn't use just a sword and isn't just a one-off as the next rep.
I agree completely, however, I also have Roy in my roster too.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Oh my god a clone with a different playstyle? WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO? I feel like I can mindlessly bash Roy all day =P
They could always change his moves, besides possibly using a lance I don't see what Chrom brings to the table and it seems like people want him in just as a advertisement to FE13.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
They could always change his moves, besides possibly using a lance I don't see what Chrom brings to the table and it seems like people want him in just as a advertisement to FE13.
Here's the thing, WHAT THE **** DOES ROY BRING TO THE TABLE?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I agree completely, however, I also have Roy in my roster too.
My ideal line-up would be Marth, Ike, Tactician, and Roy in that order, but I prioritized other characters before Roy in my roster, so I left him out. Hell, there are still many others I'd add before Roy.

Also, I should point out that Chrom doesn't use ONLY a sword. It's just his signature weapon. The Tactician, on the other hand, can vary between a sword-based A moveset, and a magic-based B moveset and aerial game.

Here's the thing, WHAT THE **** DOES ROY BRING TO THE TABLE?
Fan service and a flaming sword.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
My ideal line-up would be Marth, Ike, Tactician, and Roy in that order, but I prioritized other characters before Roy in my roster, so I left him out. Hell, there are still many others I'd add before Roy.

Also, I should point out that Chrom doesn't use ONLY a sword. It's just his signature weapon. The Tactician, on the other hand, can vary between a sword-based A moveset, and a magic-based B moveset and aerial game.
I know, but if Chrom were in Smash, that would probably be the only weapon he'd use. That's why I've always been more with Robin.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like to mention that I like Chrom because i'm just a fan of him to start.

However, there is a harsh reality that people need to face. Because it's a business, Sakurai is going to go to Intelligent Systems and ask who they want. As i've said, unless there are plans to revive Roy and his game, then I quite honestly see no reason why Intelligent Systems would decide on Roy. Again, unless he is going to be back in a remake which is entirely possible.

On the other hand, this may not be the case. Intelligent Systems may be very proud of their Fire Emblem: Awakening. We've already seen Arena Ferox as a stage. If you ask me, it would be incredibly strange for Roy to be in Smash Bros. with a stage that is from a completely different installment in his series. A stage may not confirm a character, but it comes pretty damn close. For example, if everyone is going to get a boner over the boxing ring stage because they think it confirms Little Mac, then there can't be a double standard that Arena Ferox doesn't confirm Chrom. (I think both stages hint at said characters, but there isn't any confirmation yet obviously)

What do I think? I think we get Chrom. While I do like him, I must admit that recency is his biggest helper. The best case scenario for me would be Marth, Roy, Ike and Chrom, but I think we all know that that isn't going to happen. I'm holding out hope that Roy can be DLC if he doesn't make the roster because then everybody will be satisfied.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I will say that Roy's inclusion in Project M is interesting. Basically it's a reprise of Roy in Melee, but hey the problems Roy had is being patched up.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
See. Like. I don't have any legitimate ties to any FE character outside of FE:SS. So, for me, **** Ike/Marth clone, Marth clone, and Marth clone. (Chrom, Roy, Lucina)

So naturally, Tharja, Eirika, Ephraim, Black Knight, Hector, Lyn, Caeda, Micaiah, ect are all better choices to me. I think it's why I like Medusa more than Palutena.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
See. Like. I don't have any legitimate ties to any FE character outside of FE:SS. So, for me, **** Ike/Marth clone, Marth clone, and Marth clone. (Chrom, Roy, Lucina)

So naturally, Tharja, Eirika, Ephraim, Black Knight, Hector, Lyn, Caeda, Micaiah, ect are all better choices to me. I think it's why I like Medusa more than Palutena.
I still don't understand Tharja. Shes not a main character. She doesn't even play a role in the main story.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I still don't understand Tharja. Shes not a main character. She doesn't even play a role in the main story.

She's ****ing awesome.

So Geno, basically. Or like, a "fan favorite" type situation. Like every other FE choice besides Marth, Ike, Roy, Chrom, and Lucina. lol. I mean, honestly. We're never getting anything cool from that series. We all know that is fure sure.

Most reasons i've seen are because of what she wears. Or because she's a waifu. I can't even remember what reasons i've seen that make sense unfortunately.

Black Mage smasher ftw.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Why? Why would you do that? Its just mean. I'll never understand HATING Justin Bieber, and One Direction so passionately.

And, they're cute as ****, so that probably has to do with it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You had me sold with Tetra (Main focus) and SS Tetra.

And I really think Junior is a dream. That's it. He suffers from what I think will ultimately be Krystal's demise. Sakurai doesn't give much ****s for newer parts of games.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Why? Why would you do that? Its just mean. I'll never understand HATING Justin Bieber, and One Direction so passionately.

And, they're cute as ****, so that probably has to do with it.
Just kidding. :p I'm neutral towards Bieber, and I like What Makes You Beautiful.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
For example, if everyone is going to get a boner over the boxing ring stage because they think it confirms Little Mac, then there can't be a double standard that Arena Ferox doesn't confirm Chrom. (I think both stages hint at said characters, but there isn't any confirmation yet obviously).
Yeah, I don't understand this either. I don't see people getting really excited about a Pilotwings character or Nintendog just because of a stage. It's also possible that Sakurai has them in to show off their games as a result of not having any characters planned.

Espio264

Smash Ace
oooh. Fire Emblem and stage discussion.

Perfect place to say that I pulled out Brawl today so that I could have a nostalgiattack with Toon Link and Peach.

I was playing on the Castle Siege stage, and I guess I never really paid all that much attention before but, IT'S BEAUTIFUL. The details are gorgeous.
And you know when you transition into the throne room part, THERE ARE KNIGHTS IN THE BACKGROUND.
Holy crap! I never realized that. It made me want the Black Knight as a playable character, (won't happen though), and for a badass FE stage for the Wii U. I'm generally a Mario and Sonic kind of guy, but Ike was my dude in Brawl, and all of these beautiful, intricately armored human beings form the FE series are getting me excited for a FE character reveal. I want, Marth, Roy, Ike, Lyn, Maiciah, Black Knight, Sothe, Chrom and Lucina now.

But I'll settle for Ike and a cool Wii U Stage. And Sonic. And Mewtwo. And Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom