• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's a non-biased review for both:

Roy:
+Is a popular character.
+Was in Smash before.

-Was a clone and will likely stay that way or be a semi-clone should he return.
-Was a low-priority character in Brawl that got scrapped.

Chrom:
+Is a popular character.
+Is a newer character that many people will recognize.

-Can easily be a clone/semi-clone.
-Is rather boring of a character.

Both are rather equal, regardless of what raging haters or fanboys say.
At which point, neither are really necessary.

Reznor

work in progress
wasn't Roy picked becuase
1. unique Lord (Fire Sword)
2. most recent game
3. very popular

Chrom might be picked over Roy because
1. More unique than Roy because he uses more than just a sword
2. most recent game
3. very popular

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Back to FE again, huh? Roy, more specifically?

The "family" argument I don't understand doesn't seem to be convincing anyone, which lead me to believe that it's rather unimportant (at least to the forum). That leaves his popularity and the fact that he represents the most popular era (which also isn't a huge argument). Yeah, doesn't look good for him. Chrom has a much better shot, as much as I dislike the idea.
Explain right now how being a recurring family is not important from a non personal view.

Here's a non-biased review for both:

Roy:
+Is a popular character.
+Was in Smash before.

-Was a clone and will likely stay that way or be a semi-clone should he return.
-Was a low-priority character in Brawl that got scrapped.

Chrom:
+Is a popular character.
+Is a newer character that many people will recognize.

-Can easily be a clone/semi-clone.
-Is rather boring of a character.

Both are rather equal, regardless of what raging haters or fanboys say.
At which point, neither are really necessary.
Unfortunately this IS biased

1. Being scrapped from Brawl doesn't mean anything less for him than Mewtwo.
  2. You left out several valid points from my list because you personally choose to not count them such as the fact that he had a prequel that he made a cameo in and regardless starred a protagonist that resembles him .
  3. Even as a clone he is more unique, as if being a clone really means anything which it doesn't
So yeah, this is biased.

Back to FE again, huh? Roy, more specifically?

The "family" argument I don't understand doesn't seem to be convincing anyone, which lead me to believe that it's rather unimportant (at least to the forum). That leaves his popularity and the fact that he represents the most popular era (which also isn't a huge argument). Yeah, doesn't look good for him. Chrom has a much better shot, as much as I dislike the idea.
Explain right now how being a recurring family is not important from a non personal view.

?????????????

Smash Master
I touched on this a little in my edit, but this is what makes the difference for me. Whether of not Roy was planned from SSBB, whether or not he was one of the most developed characters planned for the game who didn't make it, he is a cut character from SSB. I feel that, if you have been cut from the roster, you must have done something pretty damn special to get back in.

Mewtwo has seen more than enough of a revival to be seriously considered. I wouldn't say Roy is as bad as Dr. Mario, Pichu, or Young Link, but I would lump him into that category; a cut character who hasn't had anything new since he was cut. Without looking into potential beta elements, that is all he is in SSB right now; a cut character.

I like Roy. But if he's going to return, he needs a reason. An actual confirmation of a remake of his game, or even a new game entirely that stars him. Mewtwo has a reason. Roy does not. Nothing will change my mind on this, unless Roy DOES get a reason to return.

On your last post, how does this make Roy any more special than any other lord that was DLC? It still means that he's a completely optional character in Chrom's game.

EDIT: This is in no way biased. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon, and even if I believe he always had every RIGHT to stay or return, I didn't think it was plausible AT ALL until X&Y; until something actually happened to make him have that clear ability to return.

D

Deleted member

>Claims biased points as valid.
>Claims my unbiased points are invalid.

Seriously Noah, shut up now.

The Mewtwo comparison doesn't work.
Mewtwo was a entirely different situation and still is.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Everybody is comparing Chrom and Roy and completely ignoring Tactician. The L0TUS wilts in sadness. Anyhow, I'll try a comparison of my own.

Roy:

+ Popularity
+ Appeared in Smash before, and was planned for Brawl

- Marth clone with some key differences
- Lack of relevancy

Chrom:

+ Popularity
+ Relevant
+ Recognizable

- Could easily just end up a semi-clone of Marth/Ike
- Not very interesting of a character (which makes me question his popularity)

Tactician:

+ Relevant
+ Brings variety with magic capabilities

= Debatedly more important than Chrom in FE13

- Not very recognizable in comparison to Chrom

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Roy got DLC, so did every other lord not named Hector, Eliwood or Sigurd. He's not anymore special in that regard.
It brings him back to relevancy with everyone else so it does make him more important in that regard because he already had the importance to begin with.

Now we wait for another person to act like being removed from Brawl is different from Mewtwo being removed from Brawl (especially considering they had the most data.)

>Claims biased points as valid.
>Claims my unbiased points are invalid.

Seriously Noah, shut up now.

The Mewtwo comparison doesn't work.
Mewtwo was a entirely different situation and still is.
Noah, disagrees? Better be a **** about it. Since when are you the judge of what's biased and unbiased?

D

Deleted member

Since you decided you were.

Really, having a miniscule prequel that largely went over people's heads and having a game that starred his father and not him are not valid points for whether or not he is more deserving for Smash. Especially when this was what, before Brawl?

Reznor

work in progress
so do you guys hope we get Dixie Kong, King K.Rool or both
I think most people will pick both unless they think 4 DK reps is too many

tired of all this FE talk

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
- Lack of relevancy
So because several lords are relevant in Awakening that mean none of them are. Seems logical.

Since you decided you were.
At least I actually based my pluses for Roy on something that has yet to be proven not important outside of simple claims that it's not important. I don't know where you get off being a jerk for people disagreeing with you on something unoffical. That doesn't seem like you.

I don't see 4 DK reps because I think 3 is enough and more representation should be save for other franchises.

D

Deleted member

People are wasting their time debating with SaturnGamer64. All Saturn is doing is making a fool out of himself.

?????????????

Smash Master

Fire Emblem is one of the worst talks. It's my least favorite alongside Pokemon.

I'm really hoping for King K. Rool, but with what we know RIGHT NOW AT THIS POINT, I think Dixie Kong is more probable. I think 4 DK reps is justifiable, but might be an ambitious leap. Then again, the series has seen a big revival since SSBB, and Mario (in Melee) and Kirby (in Brawl) gained a surge of new characters in the past.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Explain why it does from a non-personal view, and tell me how it doesn't apply to every other bloodline in FE.
Because the family represents that character thus making them more represented than other characters, though it's not by a whole lot, it's still more. Even if it's not them, it still represents them.

People are wasting their time debating with SaturnGamer64. All Saturn is doing is making a fool out of himself.
Here we go again. People are being rude because they disagree on stuff that isn't fact at all. That's SmashBoards for ya. You guys give this place a great reputation! Good job guys, this totally makes you look good. :awesome:

At least I have the decency to not be a **** about this conversation.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In Chrono's findings of the Japanese smash community, didn't he find that there were numerous Smashers that just wanted the Brawl roster+Mewtwo and Roy for the SSB4 roster? I'm having a hard time finding the thread (it's buried super deep in here and I can't find a link to it anywhere), so if someone has it saved somewhere, can they post it? I remember there being a lot to say about Roy in it, like how they wanted the Awakening design of Roy.

D

Deleted member

At least I actually based my pluses for Roy on something that has yet to be proven not important outside of simple claims that it's not important. I don't know where you get off being a jerk for people disagreeing with you on something unoffical. That doesn't seem like you.
I'm a jerk when people use completely bull**** arguing points and say things like "durr can't prove wrong" when they have yet to even prove it right.

Pretty much, yeah, this is like me.

D

Deleted member

In Chrono's findings of the Japanese smash community, didn't he find that there were numerous Smashers that just wanted the Brawl roster+Mewtwo and Roy for the SSB4 roster? I'm having a hard time finding the thread (it's buried super deep in here and I can't find a link to it anywhere), so if someone has it saved somewhere, can they post it? I remember there being a lot to say about Roy in it, like how they wanted the Awakening design of Roy.
I do know that Japanese observations ChronoBound has done has them. Heck, SmashChu even collected a bunch of posts in regards to Japanese observations on this website. Let me get the thread...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh boy!

I gotta get in on this.

Roy

+ More popular in Smash fanbase
+ Already in Smash
+ Planned for Brawl
+ Strong desire to come back (especially in Japan)

- Hasn't been very big in years
- Already a clone with little hope of becoming unique

Chrom

+ More popular in Fire Emblem fanbase
+ New and Exciting
+ Awakening was a very successful game
+ Recognizable

- Would likely be a Marth/Ike clone
- Mixed reactions among Smash fanbase

There's the way I see it. It's 50/50.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm a jerk when people use completely bull**** arguing points and say things like "durr can't prove wrong" when they have yet to even prove it right.

Pretty much, yeah, this is like me.
Well, you just lost some credibility.

How is that a bull**** argument? Being from a family that represents you and has appeared more makes you more represented and you've yet to explain how it doesn't. So yeah, you're a hypocrate for calling this Bull **** and unproven.If you make an unsupported claim against a supported claim, THAT'S BULL****.

Now stop being dickish about it because you disagree. It makes arguing this kind of pointless.

I think this is one of those "come back later" moment of SmashBoards. It's hard to find a time when we're not talking about stupid cuts, Ridley's too big arguments, or just plain being a **** to people who are being perfectly civil.

Reznor

work in progress
Fire Emblem is one of the worst talks. It's my least favorite alongside Pokemon.

I'm really hoping for King K. Rool, but with what we know RIGHT NOW AT THIS POINT, I think Dixie Kong is more probable. I think 4 DK reps is justifiable, but might be an ambitious leap. Then again, the series has seen a big revival since SSBB, and Mario (in Melee) and Kirby (in Brawl) gained a surge of new characters in the past.
with the revival I think 4 DK reps has a higher chance of happening than people think but I still think we will get 3
I know we need more villains for smash but Dixie is my favorite DK character so I hope she gets in (not as duo with Diddy I think thats a dumb idea)

?????????????

Smash Master
not as duo with Diddy I think thats a dumb idea
Diddy Kong was completely fine on his own. He doesn't need Dixie to tag team with him. And Dixie has enough on her own as well; she starred in her own game without the need of Diddy.

In short, I, too, think that's a dumb idea.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Because the family represents that character thus making them more represented than other characters, though it's not by a whole lot, it's still more. Even if it's not them, it still represents them.
The problem is the no one cares enough to look at the family background. They look at the character themselves. Chrom represents an already represented family? Oh well, he's still popular, so no one gives a ****.

Here we go again. People are being rude because they disagree on stuff that isn't fact at all. That's SmashBoards for ya. You guys give this place a great reputation! Good job guys, this totally makes you look good.
At least I have the decency to not be a **** about this conversation.
And you aren't being rude by mocking the others? Seems legit.

D

Deleted member

Well, you just lost some credibility.

How is that a bull**** argument? Being from a family that represents you and has appeared more makes you more represented. So yeah, you're a hypocrate for calling this Bull **** and unproven. Now stop being ****ish about it because you disagree. It makes arguing this kind of pointless.
You think I lost credibility? Funny from someone who had no credibility to begin with. :laugh:

The only thing pointless about this argument is that you're sticking with the same bull**** point to the end.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Et tu, Swamp(s)?

In regard to the DK question, I think DK is fine with just DK+Diddy, even though I love both K. Rool and Dixie (DKC2 being one of my favorite games). I would, however, prefer to see DK grow exponentially this time around as opposed to Mario (as a series). The two are close enough that I feel like adding to DK is adding to Mario in a way. Also, would prefer villain over obligatory female, despite relevance.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For DK, I support King K. Rool and I'd love to see him in, though I also wouldn't mind Dixie alongside him.

I do have to wonder how much the opinions have changed over the past few months, surely with the reveal of the game and the like, they may've swayed one way or another. For instance, Zoroark's probably not at second place anymore with the passing of its generation.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The problem is the no one cares enough to look at the family background.
And thus it doesn't count. Smash Boards, the place where we make bold claims without qualification.
And you aren't being rude by mocking the others? Seems legit.
Mocking others for being rude and then being criticized for it. Seems legit :glare:

You think I lost credibility? Funny from someone who had no credibility to begin with. :laugh:

The only thing pointless about this argument is that you're sticking with the same bull**** point to the end.
Me now: Yes, you seem like a nice person. Very mature that you act so rude and pissed over unofficial and valid opinons let alone a video game discussion

Me after I leave:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. Saturn. Give it a rest already.

You're making yourself look bad.

D

Deleted member

Answer me this, guys:
Which sounds more important?

The guy that was a major character for two games in a franchise (one of which, he was the main character in)?
or
The guy that was a main character in one game, and a cameo as a child in another where Daddy was the main character?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That would only be ironic if I was making myself look bad.

Seriously, you're being entirely rude to a civil person about stuff that is neither fact nor bull ****.

AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LOOKING BAD!?
Who's the civil person here?

It's not you. You're swearing up a storm!

The only civil people here right now are those not taking part in this conversation.

Regardless, I'm done with this.[/quote]

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Answer me this, guys:
Which sounds more important?

The guy that was a major character for two games in a franchise (one of which, he was the main character in)?
or
The guy that was a main character in one game, and a cameo as an infant in another where Daddy was the main character?
I'd say the top. But against a character with only one appearance, the bottom, You can choose to disagree with it if you want and you can also choose to flame about it. I don't try to deny that you're flaming after posting "Shut up" and "You have no credibility".

I do have credibility considering I get along very well with a MAJORITY of a users (most of which I consider to be kinder and much more organized and unbias.)

What logic is even behind that statement?
None considering it was sarcastic entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom