• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I can't make an argument about qualifications for being part of the Smash Bros. roster here in the Smash Bros. roster discussion thread?

Okay.

The problem isn't making the argument.
The problem is making the argument in regards to a certain situation, then when it is revealed that the situation does not apply, making the argument within the same exact context while claiming the situation doesn't apply, leaving no point to the actual argument at hand while still trying to make it relevant.

So before telling me that I should "read your posts" to understand what you're arguing, make sure what you're arguing makes sense.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
While it's the most negative response a character has seen, it doesn't mean all that much, as within the timespan of his hiatus and Uprising, he (along with the other producers, who it's interesting to note also took a hiatus) could easily have a change of heart towards the character, or programming and animation rigs would make it easier.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The problem isn't making the argument.
The problem is making the argument in regards to a certain situation, then when it is revealed that the situation does not apply, making the argument within the same exact context while claiming the situation doesn't apply, leaving no point to the actual argument at hand while still trying to make it relevant.

So before telling me that I should "read your posts" to understand what you're arguing, make sure what you're arguing makes sense.
Thanks for the diagram. It was ever so helpful.

I was trying to turn a specific argument into a general point. I'm sorry that doesn't sit well with your nitpicking. I'll run all my future posts by you before making them to make sure I understand my own point.

Heyyyy how about we drop it before it gets stupider and more off-topic?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
no we don't need this thread to traction anymore stupid. i read some stuff i missed and that's the last thing it needs.

...though I can't think of anything else asides from those. I feel like bringing up the Mother series, but it's probably not worth talking about that much. Anything anyone wants to discuss?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>Nester
Derp

>Goku
Never.....no.....god no

>Three new KI reps
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........it also doesn't help that one of them would be better as an NPC/Boss and another would probably be a palette swap with a voice swap.

>Too many characters
Yep.

>Ninten
lul naw

>Tom Nook rep
Really, REALLY unlikely given how Sakurai thinks of the Animal Crossing.

>Bayonetta
Lul.......not happening.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think most of us can agree Nester is fairly unlikely. He isn't exactly popular or even known in Japan, isn't really a Nintendo IP, and more obscure compared to the other obscure characters (if that makes sense).

Hi Neon! Glad to be back.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I've got one.

Pikmin characters. Will we get a new one from Pikmin 3? If not, will Olimar's moveset be updated to include the new Pikmin types?
Here we go. I'll wait until later to bring the Mother topic up again.

I think we could get one from Pikmin 3, but I'm not really sure which one stands out enough. If Louie makes an appearance (Or even without that) I think he'd be the best choice and interesting. I really wouldn't actually mind it, of all the "Lesser" ideas.

His moveset could be updated, but something else that makes it worse is Pikmin wasn't seen for a while. I don't mind either way; I think he's fine as is and one of the best characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
>Nester
Derp

>Goku
Never.....no.....god no

>Three new KI reps
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........it also doesn't help that one of them would be better as an NPC/Boss and another would probably be a palette swap with a voice swap.

>Too many characters
Yep.

>Ninten
lul naw

>Tom Nook rep
Really, REALLY unlikely given how Sakurai thinks of the Animal Crossing.

>Bayonetta
Lul.......not happening.
Read what I said about the characters before you say things like that. There are plenty of characters (And recent ones) that currebtly have the chance to be in Smash.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
C'mon guys with his game Nester's Funky Bowling he can have a move set around bowling balls and pins and can represent Nintendo's greatest invention, the Virtual Boy.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Read what I said about the characters before you say things like that. There are plenty of characters (And recent ones) that currebtly have the chance to be in Smash.
I read it. Just didn't feel like quoting it.

Also, of course there are plenty of characters that have a chance. (i support the W101 leader) That does NOT mean they will get in. I will leave it at that because i'm not creating another pointless argument.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Should this thread title be changed to the "People ***** About BluePikmin Thread"?
Wouldn't Noah be more appropriate?

Anyway. I could see Louie being in. I think Charlie is the leader in Pikmin 3, so does he have a shot?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I remember reading something where this person made the Titan Dweevil sound like an appealing choice for a new Pikmin rep.

Wouldn't Noah be more appropriate?

Anyway. I could see Louie being in. I think Charlie is the leader in Pikmin 3, so does he have a shot?
He probably doesn't since Alph might actually be the protagonist.

D

Deleted member

The Titan Dweevil is too big. :troll:

Makes Ridley look like a small pet. :awesome:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
It was me who suggested the Titan Dweevil, you know.

I did it mainly because I was tired of always having people say “The next Pikmin character will be Captain X,” without thinking of any of the series’ weird, interesting alien-bug mutant earth-life form… things.

To be honest, I’d prefer the Dweevil over another Captain, but let’s face it: We’ll probably see a fifth Sonic character before we get any more Pikmin representation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was me who suggested the Titan Dweevil, you know.

I did it mainly because I was tired of always having people say “The next Pikmin character will be Captain X,” without thinking of any of the series’ weird, interesting alien-bug mutant earth-life form… things.

To be honest, I’d prefer the Dweevil over another Captain, but let’s face it: We’ll probably see a fifth Sonic character before we get any more Pikmin representation.
Where did you come from and when did you actually suggest Dweevil?

And welcome back Venus.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Where did you come from and when did you actually suggest Dweevil?

It was while the old thread was still unlocked. I think it was while folks were discussing…an Empress Bulblax move set… *winces*.

I might be mixing myself up with someone else, as my account doesn’t show it, but if I remember right you were the only one who actually responded to it (ironically enough). It would first post, I think.

Can’t blame anybody for forgetting that, though. It had to be less than, what, 20-30 words? Something like, “I think the Titan Dweevil would be an interesting character. Not sure if it would work, though.”

Yeah, I’m a very shy lurker.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was while the old thread was still unlocked. I think it was while folks were discussing…an Empress Bulblax move set… *winces*.

I might be mixing myself up with someone else, as my account doesn’t show it, but if I remember right you were the only one who actually responded to it (ironically enough). It would first post, I think.

Can’t blame anybody for forgetting that, though. It had to be less than, what, 20-30 words? Something like, “I think the Titan Dweevil would be an interesting character. Not sure if it would work, though.”

Yeah, I’m a very shy lurker.
Oh. I don't remember that but cool.

And please post more. We don't bite! You seem like a pretty cool guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom